[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets play a game: I'm your average city slicker who doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 18

File: ed6e0ab742e616c7a6f402edc877a91f.jpg (196KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ed6e0ab742e616c7a6f402edc877a91f.jpg
196KB, 1280x720px
Lets play a game:

I'm your average city slicker who doesn't know much about guns or the history of them, Your goal is to come up with the dumbest, most brain-dead retarded lie you can think of that would sound believable to someone like me that simply doesn't know better.
>>
>>33702596
.45ACP is a viable round for self-defense
>>
>>33702596
.22 bounces around the body since it's smaller and hits bones w/o breaking them.
>>
>>33702596
The rifles the military use are much more deadly compared to those used by civilians because the barrels they use are designed to deliberately impart less spin to the rounds, causing them to be more unstable and yaw much more violently
>>
>>33702613
Slow the fuck down there you don't want to push it too far.
>>
>>33702596
5.56 the military uses is meant to wound. Hunters use it on varmint and small game.
>>
>>33702596
.40 S&W provides better capacity than .45 and higher energy than 9mm so it's better than either
>>
>>33702703
Hahah. It's funny because people don't realize that it provides more energy than either one!
>>
>>33702646
lost them at the term "yaw"
the battleship is still viable in the military and only stopped being used because of pressure from aircraft manufacturers
>>
People talk about Italian, or Slavic, or American manufacturers, but the real Pros buy Brazilian.
>>
>>33702596
>.45 is a powerful round
>Military ammo fucks shit up and is way too dangerous for civilians
>ARs can easily be converted to full auto with the installation of a "bullet button"
>There's actual reasons to buy a handgun that isn't a glock
>>
An airsoft gun from Taiwan can be easily converted to a fully automatic assault rifle
>>
>>33702740
There's a part of my subconscious that would actually be willing to see that as a reality.
>>
The AK47 is a direct copy of the stg44.
>>
>>33702596

Smokeless powder is usable in all muzzle loaders, just cut the powder charge in half
>>
The difference between "centerfire" and "rimfire" is whether the powder is packed around the outside of the bullet (the "rim") or if it is inside of the bullet (the "center"). Obviously rimfire cartridges can't store as much powder, which is why they are only seen in small calibers. The reason for this is that smaller bullets have a larger surface area-to-volume ratio and are therefore better suited for the inefficient packing of rimfire powder.
>>
>>33702751
>22lr is the only caliber you ever need because stopping power is never a real thing. use 22lr with better shot placement instead of any other caliber
>>
>>33702751
>There's actual reasons to buy a handgun that isn't a glock
aside from getting a doesn't that doesn't have a shit trigger, bad grip angle, piss poor ergonomics, and willingness to explode in your hand?
>>
>>33702986
>Glocks have a shit trigger, bad grip angle, piss poor ergonomics, and willingness to explode in your hand

Anon pls. We're looking for /believable/ lies here.
>>
>>33702596
The sound of a shotgun racking is the best home defense ever. It'll scare off any would be robber.
>>
This isn't a fuddlore thread. Think of some original lies faggots.

>Suppressors don't actually reduce noise, they just focus the direction. If a suppressed gun is pointed right at you it will sound like a normal gunshot when fired.
>>
P90s require proper orientation to feed right since they feed from the top, and won't feed if help pas 45 degrees off of true
>>
>>33702718
And that little bit of extra energy makes so much of a difference that it was definitely worth the time to research and develop! It's so much better that it being incompatible with the guns and tooling already out there doesn't really matter. It's certainly not like .45 and 9 could ever come close to what 40 does
>>
>>33702986
>>33703022

When you can't see the bait in a thread about easy bait.
>>
>>33703031
You mean the chick-chick?
>>
>>33702596
The military only stopped using clip fed guns because the bullets were getting dirty and gumming up the action.
>>
Increased gun barrel lengths make your bullets more powerful. That's why kill so many more people than regular soldiers.
>>
Bullet caliber tells you how far a bullet will penetrate into flesh. A 9mm bullet will pen 9mm into a person and a .50bmg will go a whole 12.7mm into a person. Extremely deadly
>>
>>33703181
This is why the 5.56 is so bad and soldiers should be equipped with 120mm ammo used to defeat body armor.
>>
The adjustable numbers on a sight increased the bullets power. The setting for 100m make the bullet only have enough power to travel 100m. When you adjust the power setting on the sights to 1500m they dial up the bullets power to travel that extra distance
>>
>>33703114
No the shoock-crick
>>
The reason for all these new laws is because modern rifles have advanced way beyond what civilians could buy 40 years ago.
>>
>>33702740
That hurts, nigga. Take it back. DELETE THIS.
>>
>>33703202
No because the 5.56 was only intended to wound, which is why it penetrates just enough to make a cut. 120mm would kill. If you kill your enemy they win
>>
>>33703230
Also laws have become much less strict thanks to very successfully lobbying by the NRA, which 90% of gun owners actually disapprove of. This increased access combined with all time low prices on ammunition and guns is what's been causing the dramatic spike in shooting deaths over the past 20 years.
>>
>>33703270
Shit you just went full Brady
>>
>9mm
poorfags, capacityfags, people who have to worry about getting in an actual firefight

>.40 &.357 sig
People who believe slight gains in energy actually does something in a handgun caliber.

> .45
Fudds, bighole fags, and and people stuck in the last century
>>
12 Gauge birdshot is a totally viable ammunition for self-defense.
>>
>>33702596
Shotguns are the best home defense weapon, all I need to do is rack it and it will send them running - a terrifying amount of customers saying this to me
>>
>>33703304
>bighole fags

It took me a second to realize you meant fags who go "BIGGER BULLET BIGGER HOLE!" and not literally faggots whose assholes have been reamed out by constant pounding.

Not that both aren't accurate, of course.
>>
Removing guns will break the cycle of poverty, toxic culture, and multiple generations of broken homes and bad parenting that has kept the black man down.
>>
>>33703218
I think that's just called having sand in your shotgun
>>
File: 1487099745937s.jpg (2KB, 125x114px) Image search: [Google]
1487099745937s.jpg
2KB, 125x114px
assault weapons are the problem
>>
Soviets covered their guns in cosmoline so they wouldn't freeze up in the Siberian winter. Old Russian soldiers would oil themselves down with Cosmoline for the same reason as it prevented frost bite. That's how they survived the winter when all the Nazi froze to death.
>>
Nazi Germany was the good guy led by great leaders, they were only limited by shitty weaponry and armor.
>>
>>33702596
The snaphaunce revolutionized blackpowder firearms by introducing a system that scraped a spring-loaded piece of flint down a chunk of steel to create sparks and ignite powder.

Unfortunately the snaphaunce didn't cover the powder, leaving it open to the elements and ensuring that it would soon be made obsolete by other, more advanced designs such as the flintlock. So obsolete, in fact, that by the late 1600's they were actually banned in a number of the colonies.
>>
>>33702596
If you save your clips, you can redeem them at your local gunstore for a 10% ammo discount.
>>
>>33702596

The barrel of the gun is the most cheapest part of a gun so don't break it.
>>
>>33703617
>Soviets covered their guns in cosmoline so they wouldn't freeze up in the Siberian winter. Old Russian soldiers would oil themselves down with Cosmoline for the same reason as it prevented frost bite. That's how they survived the winter when all the Nazi froze to death.
I want to believe in that.
>>
You can buy bullets that explode inside people, they have a microchip sensor and a small charge that detonates when it enters the body
>>
>>33702596
taurus guns are hands down the most rock-solid, quality-assured firearms you can purchase legally
>>
Police are superb marksmen because of all the practice they are required to do and their thorough training.
>>
>>33702596
Open carrying is the superior carry option because it intimidates criminals and means that they'll avoid you. Guns are cheap so it's not even worth it to rob you for your gun.
>>
If you load the magazine backwards the bullets will do a back flip before hitting the target. The reason is aerodynamic drag.
>>
The more powder you put in a bullet the faster it flies. Bullet makers only put a little powder in because they are cheap, if you load your bullets yourself you can cram as much powder into the brass till it's right up to your bullets. This is called +P
>>
When you can't get a good cheekweld on your rifle it what the Russians call Cheeki Breeki.
>>
North Koreans chrome their guns so that they are perfectly smooth and nothing can jam them up. This allows their spec ops to even shoot underwater!
>>
>>33702596
A round from a Barrett .50 cal can take a limb off even when it misses you
>>
The army uses DU rounds because they have tons of leftover used up uranium from the navy and it's cheaper and safer to make bullets from DU since lead is toxic.
>>
Bolt action rifles with scopes are called "sniper rifles" and have more stopping power than any semi automatic rifle.

Revolvers have more stopping power than semi automatics.

Increasing the length of your barrel makes it more difficult to hip fire accurately, short barrel weapons are better suited for hip fire.
>>
>>33702596
A Metal BB shot from a Gas Operated Airsoft gun can kill a man if properly aimed at either an unprotected eye or the Jugular. The Metal and the Compressed Gas create a hard metallic projectile capable of penetrating through toughrned human muscle/flesh.
>>
>>33703363
A weapon to surpass pocket sand?
>>
>>33702596
Capacity doesn't really matter, any intruder will go down with just 1 or 2 shots!
>>
The military refrains from using expanding bullets because they find it is strategically better to wound an enemy than to kill him.

A silencer makes the weapon weaker and less accurate.

The invention of the handheld gun in the late Middle-Ages rendered all armor obsolete overnight.

The AK-47 never jams.
>>
File: liberator.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
liberator.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>33702740
This one is subtle because you think the joke is just about brazil
>>
File: imgres.jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
6KB, 275x183px
>>33706204
would sand in a 12ga shell be an effective home defense? Its not like the sand has to fly far in my tiny little home, and I doubt it'll over penetrate. Might sting like a bitch and fuck up one's barrel.
>>
If you shoot yourself with .22 bullets, your body will repair itself and the skin will be more resistant against bigger bullets
>>
guns don't kill people
>>
>>33706440
People kill guns
>>
>>33706732
Gun don't kill people, I kill people
>>
>>33706809
With guns (pow)
>>
>>33703247
t. Justin Trudeau

>>33703342

I like shotguns because you dont even have to aim. Just point and shoot in the general direction.
>>
>>33702740
but Italian guns are good
pls no bully Benelli and Beretta
>>
Rifle bullets are pointed because rifles don't come with a hollow barrel. What round you fire first bores through the barrel and creates the gun's caliber.
>>
The Grease gun is called that way because the receiver is filled with grease to cool down the action.
>>
File: Hillarys Favorite Glock.jpg (413KB, 1382x778px) Image search: [Google]
Hillarys Favorite Glock.jpg
413KB, 1382x778px
>>33703230
>>
>>33702596
Gun control is reasonable and works.
>>
>>33702641
SPBP. Half the people already believe it.
>>
>>33706276
>A silencer makes the weapon weaker
I mean, you do drop some fps, more if using subsonic ammunition Not really noticeable the way it is in vidya though
>>
>>33702596
Hunting rifles can actually knock you on your ass if you aren't careful.
>Falling because of recoil totally isn't from being a buttfucking retard
>>
>>33702596
AKs are inaccurate because of
>>>>>>>>>>>loose
>>>>>>>>>>>tolerances
>>
>>33707078
I'm reusing that one.
>>
The soviets designed their weapons to be capable of usng NATO ammo in a pinch, but their own ammo can't be used by american forces.

A .50 cal machine gun can tear a man's arm off with just one well placed shot, and even if it missed, the shockwave from such a powerful round can kill a man as long as it misses near the target
>>
Gas-operated weapons actually use a small gas cylinder in the buttstock. You don't see it being changed out in movies because it lasts a lot longer than the clips soldiers carry.
>>
Shooting a handgun sideways actually makes the weapon inaccurate because the barrel is actually loose inside the gun. If you tilt it sideways, it falls out of alignment with the sights, so the bullets end up hitting the ground in front of the target.
>>
>>33702596
Made up:

Steel cased ammo was design with assault rifles in mind, so using it in deer rifle will break it.

Army uses FMJs because lead poisoning would break Geneva convention.

Real thing that "lot" of people in my country believe in:
9mm Mak is thicker and shorter than 9mm Luger so you could use it in 9mm luger guns, but not the other way around.
>>
>>33703083
>>33703099
I like those
>>
>>33704033
I heard this in the army, also
>A .50 cal round is so hot after leaving the barrel that the heat it radiates can burn targets.
>>
>>33702596
we should ban guns.
>>
>>33703968
Underrated
>>
>>33702646
You joke, but low spin rates were actually an issue on early-production M16s. Caused some pretty horrific wounds as a result, but were not very accurate.
>>
tanks are useless in modern warfare because everybody owns portable missile launchers like the RPG-7.
>>
>>33702596
>Dropping an automatic gun on the ground will make it dump the magazine by itself.
>The slower velocity of .45 ACP means it won't over-penetrate
>The early M16s were pieces of crap.
>A .357 Magnum and .38 Special are completely interchangeable
>Everyone in the military is an expert marksman--yes, even the accountants.
>The getting hit with a .50 BMG round out of a Barrett will make you explode
>>
>>33703211
That fucking post. Shit was 10/10
>>
Moving gun while pulling trigger will give bullets an arc, allowing you to shoot people behind corners

45 GAP is the greatest pistol caliber as it combines the stopping of the 45 with the compact size of the 9mm.

9mm is actually much more powerful than 45 because it operates at higher pressure. (People actually believe this)
>>
>>33702596
Gun control laws work, they take dangerous assault weapons meant for killing off the street.

A sholder thing that goes up lets a school shooter get more thrust per squeeze making them far more deadly. We shouldn't have things like that near children.
>>
>>33703083
Adjustable sights help to aim better at different sized targets.
Troops load tracers into their mags so they can see when they're going to run out.
9mm hits harder than 5.56 because it's bigger. .45 hits even harder, and .50 cal is the best. These numbers are the thickness of steel a bullet will go through.
Red dot sights mark people with a red dot to help you notice them.
>>
File: 1472430267704.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1472430267704.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
>>33702596
>Your goal is to come up with the dumbest, most brain-dead retarded lie you can think of that would sound believable to someone like me that simply doesn't know better.

A .40 caliber subcompact pistol is ideal for self defense. It combines the concealability of a small pocket pistol and offers the firepower of .40 S&W which is extremely popular in law enforcement.
>>
>>33709840
Good sniper scopes automatically level themselves out so you'll hit even when the gun is at an angle.
Machine gunners are trained to spread their impacts to avoid hitting an enemy multiple times, as that is considered cruelety under international law and is therefore illegal.
The color of bullet tips tells you what color the impact will be(greentips produce green smoke, and so on). Each squad gets different bullets so the commanders can know who's shooting where.
>>
>>33709922
Boat-tail bullets have a little propeller in the back, wound up by the firing, which let them go further.
Hollow points were initially meant to carry a small drop of poison to the target, which is why they were outlawed at the same time.
>>
>>33709947
A shotgun's gauge is the thickness the barrel has to be. A 12-gauge is made of 12G sheet steel and so on. The 12G is much stronger than 20G for example.
>>
>>33710018
that shits retarded where did you hear this?

fucking 12 gauge is based off of the air displacement per inch and its score on an AIR PRESSURE GAUGE.

10 gauge scores 10 PSI, 12 12 PSI and so on
>>
>>33702722
Would "tear" be an acceptable substitute?
>>
File: fisiks.png (31KB, 806x1034px) Image search: [Google]
fisiks.png
31KB, 806x1034px
>>33709752
As shown here in this diagram, while moving the bullet makes an arc in the direction the person is running. therefore allowing you to shoot around corners and cover.
>>
>>33710033
>where did you hear this?
My machinist friend told me.
He also told me that shotguns are better than rifles because they can shoot both shells and bullets, and that the reason the military doesn't use them is that they don't shoot fast enough because you have to pump them.
Or maybe he was talking about air pressure when he referred to pumping a shotgun.
>>
>>33710041
So if I fire .45 ACP forward while driving a motorcycle at like 150 MPH, will that boost the bullet enough to give it some stopping power?
>>
>>33710106
.45 ACP only go about 150 mph so the bullet will just spin inside of the barrel of the gun :/
>>
>>33710099
Also, artillery shells are like shotgun shells, they spread a lot of bullets everywhere ehich is what makes them dangerous.
>>
>>33707234
I used to think this before I learned how they actually work. Probably because that's how gas op airsoft works
>>
"AR-15" stands for "Automatic Rifle, Model 15."
>>
>>33710409
The 15 of course is for 1915
>>
Taurus means quality.
>>
Terrorists cannot buy H&K
>>
>>33706402
pack some in a shell and test a pattern at 12 ft on some cardboard then some wood
>>
>>33702596
You have to pull back the slide of a pistol after each shot.
>>
Hi-points are the highest quality firearm money can buy
>>
File: 1490585583531.png (263KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1490585583531.png
263KB, 420x420px
>>33702751
stop
>>
A bow is more deadly than modern rifles because it is both completely silent and can penetrate ballistic vests.
>>
>>33702596
Hollowpoints were designed as a way to skirt laws banning armor piercing bullets.
The hollow point collapses inward on impact, presenting a smaller surface area and concentrating force to allow it to punch through armor.

Steel core bullets are actually worse at penetrating armor made from steel, because at high enough speeds the steel core will essentially fuse with the steel armor plates, while the lead and copper jacket splash off harmlessly.

Rimfire and centerfire cartridges got their name due to historical proofing methods. When shields were still common on the battlefield, the rims were typically much thinner than the center. Particularly weak bullets would only be able to pierce the thin rim of a shield, while only the most powerful rounds could get through the direct center. These days the terms stick around mainly due to tradition, and actually have about as much meaning as the term 'magnum'
>>
>>33702596
AR-15 means Automatic Rifle, and the 15 is because that's how many rounds it can fire in one second
>>
>>33703247
obviously MOABs are why we're losing the war on terror then...
>>
Airguns are deadlier than cal .22 guns.
>>
>>33709179
Those wound were effect of fragmenting jackets.
>>
File: facebookFPS.png (127KB, 700x900px) Image search: [Google]
facebookFPS.png
127KB, 700x900px
AR-15s are terrible for home defense, because the high powered 5.56 bullets will pass through 5 walls, like how they passed through all those movie theater seats that James Holmes shot up in Aurora.

Buy a shotgun, buy 00 buckshot, and you don't have to worry about overpenetration.
>>
>>33702613
Kek.
This.
>>
This is Bud, he runs an illegal online gun shop where you can buy machine guns with no background checks right through YouTube.
>>
>>33702641
>Low hanging fruit
>>
>>33702778
>things I wish were true
>>
>>33710125
Kek

Lmao this whole thread.
>>
>>33714877
underrated post
>>
File: .500SW.jpg (33KB, 666x550px) Image search: [Google]
.500SW.jpg
33KB, 666x550px
>>33702596
.500 S&W Magnum is good for startes to get into guns
>>
>>33714908
>things Customs believes, or at least things they try to use as excuses
>>
>>33702680
>5.56 the military uses is meant to wound. Hunters use it on varmint and small game.

Wait city slicker nogun here, I thought that was literally the case, wounding someone means their buddy has to help them out or leave them to die anyway, you have a chance to take two people out of action for the price of one (plus less recoil). Is it not that way?
>>
>>33715515
No bullet is designed to only wound. 5.56 is designed to be light and low recoil compared to full size rounds.
>>
> bump
>>
>>33702596
Always carry at least one spare clip for your handgun.
>>
>>33702596
>Lets play a game:I'm your average city slicker who doesn't know much about guns or the history of them, Your goal is to come up with the dumbest, most brain-dead retarded lie you can think of that would sound believable to someone like me that simply doesn't know better.

Nail guns are banned under the Geneva convention

In France it is legal to murder someone for adultery with a pistol if it is a flintlock and they are in a bath

In Chester in the UK it is legal to shoot a Welshman after dark as long as you use a crossbow (actually true)

An elephant gun was a barbaric and cruel system where two cannon we slung over an elephant the barrels either side of an elephants skull. The Elephants were often surgically deafened by British army veterinarians. The last time they were utilised was in the relief of the siege at the hole of Rampur where the defenders used designated streets as toilets knowing the elephants would not advance up them due to the terrible stench and the effect it had on the elephants delicate sense of smell. The elephant gun was banned by Queen Victoria when she saw an ex military elephant pain with its trunk at sandringham castle.

The British household cavalry are so named as they have the queens consent to ride their horses within Buckingham palace.

Du to attacks by dogs on early bicycle riders in France the French sold a gun called the velo dog for defence designed specifically to kill attacking dogs. The gun was later banned as Frenchmen began using the bicycle as an excuse to kill dogs and eat them following the events of the Paris commune in 1870.

During the battle of waterloo the British at one pint nearly lost the battle as Irish and English regiments attacked each other. However Wellington was saved by the fact that French regiments from Paris were turned on by regiments from the rest of France and butchered at bayonet point for being too arrogant to share directions on the battlefield.
>>
File: gun-clip-sm.jpg (7KB, 130x218px) Image search: [Google]
gun-clip-sm.jpg
7KB, 130x218px
>>33716511
>>
>>33716906
>An elephant gun was a barbaric and cruel system where two cannon we slung over an elephant the barrels either side of an elephants skull. The Elephants were often surgically deafened by British army veterinarians. The last time they were utilised was in the relief of the siege at the hole of Rampur where the defenders used designated streets as toilets knowing the elephants would not advance up them due to the terrible stench and the effect it had on the elephants delicate sense of smell. The elephant gun was banned by Queen Victoria when she saw an ex military elephant paint with its trunk at sandringham castle.

Correction - paint.

The USA makes the most powerful guns in the world and has been criticised by the UN for making guns so powerful they can go through a Russian T72 tank.at once with a single bullet.

Russian soldiers are trained to kill people using the long lengths of cloth that they wind around their feet in the traditional alternative to socks.

The German Tiger tank was outlawed at the Nuremberg trials.

Marines in Vietnam often sero'd their rifles by hanging babies from trees using parachute cord.

The FBI use special armour piercing Ammunition that was used to test shielding on the international space station

Consuming a moderate about of alcohol helps improve a shooters accuracy as it acts as muscle relaxant.

exploding arrow heads are utilised for covert silenced strikes against heavy armour by navy seals.

Every Russian solider is equipped with a bottle o vodka in their field equipment for making Molotov cocktails, a flammable bomb used to attack tanks

The first bullet to circle the globe was fired in 1972 by Derek Crainsby of Worthington on barrow. Using over the horizon radar it was observed to circumnavigate the globe and land in the Atlantic having been discharge initially from a tower at Greenwich naval base in the direction of Washington at an incline of 27 degrees .
>>
The 62 in 7.52 Russian ammunition is the number of years it will last when exposed to moisture.,

While Japanese katana have an amazing reputation few people know that Belgian cavalry sabres were able to disable cannon by slicking into them.

The roman regions were the first to use silicone lubricants on their sandal straps.

The Geneva convention limits the power of military snipers telescopic sights to ten fold magnification.

In world war one the germans had a rifle that fired a special light bullet that was used to knock allied soldiers unconscious so they could be taken prisoner for questioning.

Revolvers are no longer carried by policemen due to their propensity to explode on hot days.

The glock handgun is named after an Austrian flan desert.
>>
>>33702641
Underrated.

>>33702596
A pistol with a brace and foregrip is still a pistol

You can change the barrel length of your AR-15 to whatever you want whenever you want to.

You can buy Anti-tank rifles but only if they're from WW2 or before.
>>
The Russian draganov is named after a famous vampire from a Volgograd legend.

The SAS was originally composed of men paralysed from the waste down who were suspended under British bombers on long rappel ropes to help aiming in night raids. This is why they are called the special air service

Shotguns were invented to stop Irish peasants stealing potatoes.

In WW1 the USA brought a giant artillery piece to France called the Big Mac but due to ammunition shortages it was never fired.
>>
Semi automatic rifles contain springs so when dropped the gun will not break.

Sub sonic ammunition is made from plastic so it ill not rattle and make a noise.

Russian air defence system use sound waves to shoot down cruise missiles.

Bolt action rifles were originally designed to fire bolts due to ammunition shortages during WW1
>>
>>33702899
Finally, a decent answer
>>
File: Cosmo.jpg (56KB, 720x468px) Image search: [Google]
Cosmo.jpg
56KB, 720x468px
>>33703617
>>33703687

>Now stuck with image of a Battalion of Ivans, naked in Siberia greasing each other up.

>This image does not displease me as much as I'd expect.
>>
>>33702899
delete this
>>
File: 1471421034542.jpg (36KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1471421034542.jpg
36KB, 400x386px
>>33709785
>more thrust per squeeze
>>
>>33703296
Never go full Brady.
>>
>>33714877
I dunno why but I burst into treats of laughter when I read this.
>>
File: 1423987278158.png (435KB, 368x471px) Image search: [Google]
1423987278158.png
435KB, 368x471px
Pistol grips make the weapon more dangerous.
>>
>>33715515
You're right that wounding can be better, see the Vietkong traps. All bullets are designed to kill, however some weapons are designed to cause maximum wounds should they not kill straight away.
>>
>>33704241
I'm pretty sure you actually can kill someone with a bb through the eye.
>>
File: Emiliano Zapata March.jpg (184KB, 1065x639px) Image search: [Google]
Emiliano Zapata March.jpg
184KB, 1065x639px
On the police scanner, wood stock rifles are referred to as ukuleles.
>>
>>33709670
You can safely fire .38 special out of anything chambered in .357, right? It just doesn't work the other way around.
>>
>>33714806
Pretty sure the military investigation found it was due to excessive round tumbling, chief. What source did you get that info from? I got my info from the book "American Rifle." Author seemed to have his shit together.
>>
>>33703211
Floppies in the Bush War thought this was real btw.
>>
>>33717000
>exploding arrow heads are utilised for covert silenced strikes against heavy armour by navy seals.
this is super efficient in Farcry
>>
>>33707135

Just buy a better graphics card you scrub.
>>
The new Walther Creed is the first handgun chambered for the new 6.5 Creedmoor.
>>
File: hmmmm.jpg (75KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
hmmmm.jpg
75KB, 800x600px
Bullets were invented 1817, by doctor Christopher Ephraim Bullet, a tinsmith living in southern Rhodesia. He was inspired by local shona tribesmen, who would fill hollowed out baobab seeds with faeces, and hurl them at passing animals for their own amusement.
>>
The Kentucky long rifle was the first true marksman rifle fielded in battle. It proved it's worth when members of the first Kentucky volunteers used them to hold the British outside of musket range during the battle of bunker hill, and the defense of Concord.
>>
>>33707135

Suppressors actually add a very small amount of velocity, not reduce it. They act like a much less efficient continuation of the barrel.
>>
>>33718109
Yeah
>>
>>33702596
SVD Dragunov is an AK74 converted to a sniper caliber.

Also every AK rifle ever built has interchangeable parts, so that's why people prefer them.
>>
>>33719708
This is a super fucking dangerous meme. I can hear people believing it already.

"America invented skirmishers" has already transcended memery to being taught in schools.
>>
>>33714223
>Rimfire and centerfire cartridges got their name due to historical proofing methods. When shields were still common on the battlefield, the rims were typically much thinner than the center. Particularly weak bullets would only be able to pierce the thin rim of a shield, while only the most powerful rounds could get through the direct center. These days the terms stick around mainly due to tradition, and actually have about as much meaning as the term 'magnum'

This is gold
>>
>>33706440

Actually true.

Guns don't kill people. Bullets kill people.
>>
>>33722529
Bullets don't kill people, massive tissue damage and arterial bleeding kills people.
>>
>>33702613
AS A new shooter, what's wrong with this?
>>
>>33703083
Isn't there a type of muzzle brake that actually does this?
>>
>>33709670
>the early m16's were pieces of crap
They weren't good.
AR10 should have been the rifle of the US military ;_;
Thread posts: 171
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.