[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I picked this up at a gunshow for $300. What the fuck did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

I picked this up at a gunshow for $300.
What the fuck did I just buy /k/?
>>
>>33702351
a nice percussion cap pistol. get lead shot, powder, and caps and you should be good to go
>>
These are the only stamps.
>>
>>33702351
a single shot cap and ball pistol.
>>
>>33702351
>what did I just buy
a mistake lmao. at least you have something to kill yourself with now
>>
>>33702351

Spanish double barrel percussion
>>
Also the two barrels unscrew to load the powder and shot.

Anyone know the name or year of this shit?
>>
>>33702446
Thank you
>>
>>33702351
Beautiful, DO NOT FIRE
The hammer is missing a piece that would normally contain the percussion cap explosion.
The barrels do not come off for loading, but for replacement.
This is a muzzle loader.
You pour the goodies down the barrel and pack it in with the rod.
This is a pretty collection piece that will need some professional work if you plan on firing it.
>>
>>33703587
>The barrels don't come off for loading.
No they do, there's a lot of screw barrel pistols that have threaded barrels.
>>33702351
Those hammers, I can't tell if they're fracked or not. But it looks like your gun had its nipples replaced.
>>
File: IMG_0452.jpg (1MB, 5616x3744px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0452.jpg
1MB, 5616x3744px
>>33702351
A do it yourself hand amputation kit.
>>
>>33702382
Two barrels.

>single shot

Okay, then.
>>
>>33703990
I had a chuckle
>>
>buy something when you have no clue what it is

People actually do this?
>>
>>33703587
the right hammer looks a little suspect from the one photo, but having cuts like that is not unheard of. The idea was that you would have shielding around the cap towards the shooter and venting towards the front in case of too much pressure escaping out the flash hole.

As long as the breech metal is solid and without cracking it should take full loads of BP easily, especially since it doesnt look like it takes more than 20 grains or so powder.
>>
>>33702351
Prostate stimulation device
>>
>>33702351
a broken gat
i think you overpaid
>>
capgun for grownups

go out and make some smoke and noise, dont blow your hand off.
>>
This appears to be "Queen Anne pistol".
Screw-on barrel is for easier reloading since you don't have to use ramrod.

Most of them were single barrel and flintlock.
>>
A prehistoric glocknade :^)
>>
I know these, with single or double barrels, as boot guns. I do not recommend firing it; even if it is mechanically sound it's very old metal. They are common, and 300 is overpaying.
>>
>>33702351
You just wasted $300.
>>
>>33702351
A $99 "antique and curio"
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.