[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Russians are switching their doctrines over from traditional

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

The Russians are switching their doctrines over from traditional mechanised combat to asymmetrical warfare. Originally, they favoured cheap, massed units to counter western over-engineering and relative lack of numbers, which worked out for them in WW2, and now they are making more expensive vehicles with modular armour and thermal sensors. I can't understand why they are switching over. What kind of conflicts do they think they are going to end up in?
>>
>Switching to counterinsurgency doctrine

Gee I wonder what type of wars they expect
>>
They're copying the west, like usual.
>>
>>33701235
How does this doctrine make any sense? I mean sure, America being the world police and going into Muslim shitholes is understandable, but Russia? Shouldn't they be gearing up for war with China or America instead of doing the asymmetry thing?
>>
File: russia ethnic map.jpg (282KB, 1342x941px) Image search: [Google]
russia ethnic map.jpg
282KB, 1342x941px
>>33701203
Maybe this?
>>
>>33701312
>gearing up for war with China or America
Last time i checked not ALL slavs are suicidal.
>>
File: 1488499093807.jpg (30KB, 545x453px) Image search: [Google]
1488499093807.jpg
30KB, 545x453px
>>33701312

You understand so very little about the Russian hemisphere...

Have a read, if you want to at least vaguely understand what is going on.

>http://www.unz.com/tsaker/searching-for-russia/
>>
File: 17952810.jpg (192KB, 800x603px) Image search: [Google]
17952810.jpg
192KB, 800x603px
>expensive

AHAHAHAHAAH

Does this look expensive to you?
>>
Probably harder to come across raw materials, now. They aren't the industrial powerhouse they were in the past.
>>
The "new" russian vehicles are largely propaganda pieces that barely work right. I wouldn't put much thought into them.
>>
>>33701203
They're preparing to be the new world police and world leader since America is failing fast
>>
>>33704038
Yeah that looks pretty expensive.
>>
>>33704038
more modern than a bradley interior
>>
>>33701312
>America being the world police and going into Muslim shitholes is understandable, but Russia?

Russia has plenty of interest in the Middle East as well. Their only naval facility on the Mediterranean is leased from Syria, for example.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_naval_facility_in_Tartus
>>
>>33701312
America need low oil price
Russia need high
>>
>>33701203
they don't have the numbers anymore.
so they have to increase the survivability.
they put more emphasis on mass destruction weapons like ICBMs anyway.
this might just be russian crowd control.
>>
>>33701203
>Originally, they favoured cheap, massed units to counter western over-engineering and relative lack of numbers, which worked out for them in WW2, and now they are making more expensive vehicles with modular armour and thermal sensors. I can't understand why they are switching over. What kind of conflicts do they think they are going to end up in?
When is the last time the Russians fought a conventional war?
>>
>>33701203
>The Russians are switching their doctrines over from traditional mechanised combat to asymmetrical warfare. Originally, they favoured cheap, massed units to counter western over-engineering and relative lack of numbers, which worked out for them in WW2, and now they are making more expensive vehicles with modular armour and thermal sensors. I can't understand why they are switching over. What kind of conflicts do they think they are going to end up in?
lol wut? They aren't switching - if anything they just updated their doctrine with modern technology and tactics. The Bumerang is case in point- its basically a modernized BTR ffs.
>>
>>33701203
The thing is that the current Russian army is only a fraction of the size it was during the Soviet days due to massive spending cuts and neglect, not to mention that Russia has been trying to make moves away from mass conscription. As a result, they need to invest more into survivability of individual soldiers to keep their numbers up.

What also doesn't help is that overall population growth in Russia has stagnated. Currently, Russia only has a total population of around 140 million while the US alone more than doubles that at around 320 million, so the US actually has a vastly larger manpower pool to draw from than Russia.
>>
>>33705418
Yep, that's why we have nukes for the US.
>>
>>33705418
Except half the manpower that the US has isn't actually American, and pose huge threat to the integrity of the country/military

So in reality the US is actually worse off than Russia in military terms.
>>
>>33705418

For the next decade Russia actually has an exceptionally small manpower pool to draw from, they had to reduce the armed forces out of necessity.
>>
>>33701203
Russians have been doing asymmetrical warfare on the side for 600 years.
>>
>>33706773
Except as we have seen modern conventional warfare's manpower needs have enormously declined over the years. In WW2 the division was seen as the tactical unit, in CW it was the regiment, then finally in modern times the Battalion in the form of the Battalion Tactical Group, a fully contained formation with all its attendant support arm attached.
>>
>>33701312
>Shouldn't they be gearing up for war with China or America instead of doing the asymmetry thing?

Just because you're retarded and have absolutely no idea what conflicts can actually happen does not mean they have to be as well.

>>33701203
>which worked out for them in WW2
US used the same tactic in WW2, Korea and Vietnam.
Suffice to say, hard to argue with success.
>>
>>33701312

America is never going to realistically go to war with them, and China's equipment is a cheap knockoff version of their own.
>>
>>33705720
Even with half the manpower it still has millions more than Russia. Sorry slavbro you're not in a good position.
>>
>>33701203

>What kind of conflicts do they think they are going to end up in?
Conflicts with the representatives of patriotic freedom fighters over what political promises are being made in exchange for military support.
>>
>>33701203
>making more expensive vehicles with modular armour and thermal sensors. I can't understand why they are switching over.

There's something happened in 1991 that I can't place my finger on
>>
>>33701203
That thing looks cooler than every other APC ever made.
>>
The Armata platform is really odd for Russia. The T-14 alone is really expensive with all its super high tech gear. I can't see why Russia would switch their doctrine up unless they're planning on building just a few of the vehicles.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.