[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's the consensus on the Springfield XD? Heard they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: XD9101HCSP06_2.jpg (1MB, 1705x1500px) Image search: [Google]
XD9101HCSP06_2.jpg
1MB, 1705x1500px
So what's the consensus on the Springfield XD?

Heard they're pieces of shit, can anybody confirm?
>>
>>33694054
yes
>>
>XD
please
go back to redd.it
>>
>>33694054
I liked my 45 Compact but pretty much everyone on /k/ hates them. I had no issues but can see why people don't really fuck with them verses other options.
>>
File: 1491852128552.png (184KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1491852128552.png
184KB, 400x400px
>>33694069
Why does /k/ hate them?

Never really understood that? Are they j reliable or fragile?
>>
>>33694093
>grip safety
>Croatia
>XD
>Grip Zone
seem to be the major one's i've noticed. I do agree with some of it but it seems a bit over the top. I didn't carry it, just for home defense and fun at the range(would eat whatever I fed it) which it served both purposes fine. Like I said I had no issues.
>>
>>33694062
This may may.. its so stale
>>
>>33694115
>eat whatever I fed it
yeahh mine didn't like 200Gr lead bullets too much. after the second magazine it didn't wanna fully feed. was just lead fouling though. i could have 9/10 shots be lead, and the last be copper, and it would never fail. the copper cleaned it out entirely
its a great gun, and i dont feel bad only being able to have 10 out of 12 shots, its not a huge loss like 10 instead of 15.
XD-40, would recommend. probably a bit big for me to carry at least, i've got the 4 inch barrel like in OP
>>
Everytime you post it, I will post this.

https://primaryandsecondary.com/forum/index.php?threads/why-springfield-xd-pistols-are-not-duty-grade-migrated-from-facebook.2778/
>>
>>33694194
>yeahh mine didn't like 200Gr lead bullets too much
I really only put 230gr through mine.
>probably a bit big for me to carry at least, i've got the 4 inch barrel like in OP
Yup. I liked it as a bedside gun, trusted it as such but I have a G26 for carry.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (304KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
304KB, 1920x1280px
But why does the xd looks different for they home market and rest of europe. Why does springfield want this retarded look
>>
Dad baught an xds 9. Shoots well enough, though it had 2 soft strikes with shitty federal alluminum ammo out of around 100. Trigger pull long as fuck and heavy as fuck and the grip is fuckin garbo. I prefer my pps m2
>>
>>33694766
That's because your PPS has a fully cocked striker and the XDs has the safer Glock clone partially cocked striker system.

I'll take the XDs over Walther full cocks especially after their recall.
>>
>>33694770
used to my m&p 40 which has a similar trigger. dont give a shit about "safety" or "recalls" cuz i dont do anything that would cause an nd
>>
>>33694784
The Walther they recalled wasn't even drop safe

I don't trust carrying guns with fully cocked strikers. Too many other options that inspire more comfort and confidence.
>>
>>33694054
My dad had an xd9 and I have a glock 19. The only thing i hate about the xd is that sort of ridge on the slide makes it a bitch to get a grip on it to charge it, because I usually do the 2 finger sorta thing.

Oh, and the grip safety.
>>
File: 1481187943151.jpg (24KB, 436x461px) Image search: [Google]
1481187943151.jpg
24KB, 436x461px
>>33694787
>Too many other options that inspire more comfort and confidence.
>says this about a gun that has a grip safety which completely locks the gun up if broken
>>
>>33694809
>Breaking a grip safety

What?

I don't own or carry an XDs I'm just speaking to how I prefer the safer action in it and the Glock over fully cocked striker actions. If there is an issue with those grip safeties I am not aware of it, the 1911s grip safety to my knowledge has been historically extremely reliable and I haven't had issue with it on either of my 1911 type pistols (one of which is a .22).
>>
>>33694813
Well, not that I'd ever carry a 1911 but it IS a combat tested design, having been used by soldiers from ww1 to current day. Even the glock is combat tested, being used by a shitton of euro countries armies and not to mention most american PD's. The XD needs to get out there more before people fully trust it I think.
>>
>>33694826
The Croatians basically use it and some departments here in the states do issue the XD mod pistols I think.

The XDs doesn't share a firing mechanism with it's big brothers though. It's why I like the idea of it better than the regular XD pistols.
>>
>>33694832
Yeah ive seen a few cops with them as well as those dudes in armored trucks.

Didnt know the XDs had a different firing mechanism. Personally for me though I still fall into the mentality of "less things to go wrong" without a grip safety so I'll stick with the the glock. But besides that and the slide like i said here >>33694808 , its more or less an average polymer gun
>>
>>33694969
Yep can't go wrong with Glock. I'm stuck in my external hammer ways though.
>>
>>33694985
What do you carry? Ive been half-assedly looking into maybe a sig or hk with a hammer more for winter.
>>
>>33694998
HK USP compact in 9mm with the LEM module. I really kind of want a cz p01 too.
>>
>>33694054
They're ok. My buddy has one. Not really a fan of the safety built into the grip tho.
>>
>>33695012
Nice I like the Usp compact alot. I also was considering looking at cz, theyre comfy.
>>
>>33695046
I have a sp01 and I shoot the cz better than the hk.

Of course it is full size steel vs "compact" polymer but still.

For the money I think cz is better, hk is overpriced.
>>
>>33694054

used to carry xds 45 before i switched to glock 9mm. pretty sexy gun but i couldnt shoot for shit with it
>>
>>33694093
It's completely adequate for the average gun owner. Not a great hard use gun though
>>
>>33694703
Because the XDm is the second generation of the XD/HS and they didn't want it look exactly like a Glock with a slide cut. The M line just looks like the shit people pay salient to do to glocks
>>
I used to own two of the original XDs. A subcompact and a 4" model. They were alright guns. Never jamed, shot accurately enough. I just was forced to start shooting a Glock for work and that eventually made me value a trigger reset, which those XDs did not have. Also the grip safety started to get on my nerves. I guess I kind of out grew them is the best way to put it. Sold them both.
>>
>>33694054

made in croatia

brand name copyrighted in USA

i can't remember who the good guys were either serbs or croats - 1 of them is mooslime
>>
>>33694115
Most of that isn't hate. Most of that is memes.
>>
>>33696484
Croatia is further away from Turkey, so it must be them.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.