[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Starting at $1299 Thanks, Classic. https://www.youtube.c

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: wew.png (675KB, 840x417px) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
675KB, 840x417px
>Starting at $1299
Thanks, Classic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoK7C5yfwrA&t
>>
>inb4 rare American sniper rifle
>>
Yes, we know the era of cheap milsurp is over.

Everything that gets built goes through four phases:

1) It's new and innovative, which makes it expensive
2) It's common and widely available, which makes it moderately priced.
3) It's considered obsolete junk, which makes it dirt cheap.
4) It's considered a historical antique, which makes it expensive again.

Early-to-mid-20th-century milsurp is just completing its transition from 3) to 4). The last few cheap milsurps are drying up - the Type 53s a year or two ago, the Spanish Mausers now - and once they're gone you will never see their like again. The only price drop that's even plausible at this point is the idea that the Philippine and/or South Korean Garands entering the market may drop prices from $800-1000 down to $500-600 for a couple of years before they, too, dry up. In ten years, we'll consider $1299 for an M1903 cheap.
>>
File: IMG_6518.jpg (146KB, 736x550px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6518.jpg
146KB, 736x550px
>>33692485
>$1299 starting
Well thanks for letting me no so I don't have to sit through the videos.

If I want a 1903 that badly I'll just buy one at the gun show this weekend. That way I at least get to see what I'm getting fucked in the ass for, as opposed to Classics random hat of fuckery.
>>
>>33692570
>tl;dr milsurp prices will rise
Its not a milsurp price thread, its a classic bash thread. All the same, you can find 1903s for way less than $1300-$1500 (their prices) without cracks in the current market. Just because they'll be worth x amount in the future, you shouldn't pay that amount in the present.
>>
>>33692597
They can be had for $700-1000 all day
>>
i also got their email about the keltec rdb for $1k. ive never had any interest in keltecs but all of a sudden im kind of interested.
>>
>>33692781
Yeah, the joke is if I'm going to overpay I'll do it someplace where I can handle it before hand.
>>
Classic has always hawked overpriced shit. Even during the days of late 2000's milsurp they always had their guns at least $30-50 more than the competitor.

Combined with the "THIS IS THE LAST TIME WE'LL GET THESE EVER" on every single gun that they end up getting more of.

Also earlier this year got an email from them about a free coupon to use for St. Patrick's day. Got 10 bucks on it, so figured why not and selected 2 boxes of .223 coming out around $2 with the $10 off. Figured "nice intro deal for a first time customer maybe I'll look into them in the future."

Then got to shipping page and it said it would cost me 18 bucks to ship 2 fucking 20 round boxes of .223.

For that price the UPS guy better blow me upon delivery.

Fuck em. Still haven't made a purchase from them and probably never will.
>>
>>33692485
>mfw got a excellent condition 1903-a3 w/ all matching serial numbers for $800 at a gun show

Fucking love her. Shoots so well and straight.
>>
>>33693805
Their prices used to be reasonable and they had good quality milsurp
After 2013 they and everyone else sold all their stock and turned into total shit

>tfw aim, centerfire, classic, Atlantic, and others aren't even worth browsing anymore
>>
Sarco has refurbed 1903s for $600. $100 more gets a new-production stock.
>>
>>33693826
>I paid half that for a national ordinance receiver with a hidden duffel cut stock refitted to original spec with chopsticks

I'm still happy she's mine.
>>
File: nat ord grenade 1.jpg (48KB, 644x484px) Image search: [Google]
nat ord grenade 1.jpg
48KB, 644x484px
>>33693826
>matching serial numbers
US arms only put a serial number on the receiver.
>>33694246
>national ordinance
>>
>>33693805
I remember when I bought my K31 out of their "last batch" then got an email a month later saying that K31s were back in stock
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.