[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey night /k/, I just started a new comedy firearms channel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1378140469718.jpg (160KB, 664x960px) Image search: [Google]
1378140469718.jpg
160KB, 664x960px
Hey night /k/,

I just started a new comedy firearms channel, and wanted to ask what kind of things you sperglords like in your favorite gun youtube channel, and what I could do to make mine better.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXa2DhUX7nondH9yevUDvZQ

Essentially I portray an autist like character who reviews guns, but is afraid of loud noises.
>>
I mean I don't find it funny, but your acting is actually pretty fucking good.

Either that or you're just genuinely clueless.
>>
>>33691868
I used to sell guns for a living. I admit, I'm not as knowledgeable as Boof or whoever the gunsmith tripfag is now, but I do know more than the character I portray, I assure you. I agree, I should spend more time on the jokes, but what kind of gun humor are you into specifically?
>>
>>33691953
I don't have a specific type of gun humor, but I'd suggest trying to have other sources of comedy than "Haha I'm dumb".

I think that character idea would do well though if you actually shot the guns, since then we could at least get a good reaction.
Similar thing to stuff like calling a mag a clip. You can do it, just don't rely on soley that.
>>
>>33691785
Do a mud test on pocket knives.
>>
File: dugan.gif (3MB, 447x251px) Image search: [Google]
dugan.gif
3MB, 447x251px
>>33691785
nailed the autist bit, I'll watch to see what happens. I miss Dugan though.
>>
subscribed for more fun times
>>
>>33692096
>Dugan

Just watched this again this afternoon. Still gold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqpHU0oLG2Y
>>
I think there's some solid potential here, but you must remember the golden rule: Never go full retard. Your character has to have some redeeming or endearing qualities so the viewer can empathize with him more
>>
Instead of content. I think it might helps you more to learn a little bit about satire and comedy in general.
For now, you are just playing stupid....it's fun a little bit, but gets annoying really fast.
>>
File: 1490078727221.jpg (88KB, 852x468px) Image search: [Google]
1490078727221.jpg
88KB, 852x468px
>>33691785
Never go full retard
>>
File: 1490703015178.jpg (26KB, 457x480px) Image search: [Google]
1490703015178.jpg
26KB, 457x480px
>>33691785
Honestly OP, the only part I really dislike so far is the "afraid of loud noises" part. It just doesn't fit into any character that likes guns at all. Also, something that is good but you're laying on a bit thick is the stuttering. It's a nice touch but I don't wanna hear it every other word. But your acting is very good, and I like how you sneaked in some fudd terms into your reviews. I watched the M&P AR-15 video, and I thought it was pretty good. I would have preferred you call it an assault rifle for maximum ignorance but I really liked how you kept ejecting live rounds. Since you're portraying an autist, look to other retarded gun reviewers on Youtube. Literally none of them follow any weapons safety whatsoever. No trigger discipline, look down the barrel occasionally, etc etc.. I want to see that kind of shit. I want to see some enthusiasm in your videos that make it seem like you really like guns even though you're a fucking idiot. In a future video I want to see a fake ND where you just fire a blank round at the ceiling or something. You've got potential, OP, keep it up and come back again.
>>
>>33691785
Using a green screen to fake an ND in a controlled environment could make for a good bit.
>>
Walter White Junior/10
>>
>>33693994
What would be some good source material? I've been rewatching a lot of Carnik Con and Phuc Long videos. I do like Garand Thumb's dry quips that he throws in his videos, but the hardest part is trying to figure out how to incorporate jokes that will fit this character.
>>
>>33694733
Hell no I wanna see a real blank shot being fired
>>
>>33694733
>not actually NDing on purpose
pussy
>>
Stutter a bit less but good acting none the less

You look like tai lopez
>>
After seeing that reporter cry about firing an AD, I've always wanted to see a gun channel that reviews find in unfiltered liberal speak.

If done right it would be indistinguishable from satire. Extra points if you can do a really good jew voice.
>>
>>33697608
I mean using a green backdrop to make it appear he was in his normal set, while in reality he's shooting into the ground somewhere safe. Not using special effects to fake the shot, that would be boring as fuck.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.