[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anybody else carry a trump card? By trump card I mean some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 43

File: IMG_20170418_205926.jpg (2MB, 2951x3469px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170418_205926.jpg
2MB, 2951x3469px
Does anybody else carry a trump card? By trump card I mean some sort of unique item, device, or weapon that nobody would expect you to have to get out of emergencies or settle an unwinnable fight. Mine is a 357 magnum armor piercing round (pic related) that I keep on my keychain hidden in a pill carrier just in case some clever asshole has the foresight to buy armor before his shooting spree or in case I need to wreck an engine to stop a U-Haul that Hasheem is taking on a sidewalk joyride. What about the rest of /k/? I know some of you are packing more heat and gadgets than most.
>>
>>33690552
But do you carry a gun?
>>
>>33690577
why would i need that? guns are dangerous.
>>
>>33690552
Shit on a stick
>>
>>33690577

Silly anon, if you train yourself well enough you can just throw bullets, gun free zones are useless because of that!
>>
>oh no he's on a rampage
>start unscrewing a small container/reach for special .357 bullet
>Get killed

You can solve everything but a killdozer by putting fast shots on target, your shitty one armor piercing bullet is more likely going to miss or fail to stop a problem.

Carry 15 rounds and get good. The Trump card is having a gun instead of being defenseless.
>>
>>33690644
but he has a gun ..........?
>>
File: kat.jpg (220KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
kat.jpg
220KB, 1024x768px
I dual-wield them
>>
What if you miss?
>>
>>33690682
My chances of stopping an armored target or a truck in motion were already practivally zero. That bullet gives me a chance. Not much of a chance but even just 1% matters a lot when life is on the line. If I miss then I miss and the outcome ends the same.
>>
>>33690677
He's treating a single special bullet in his pocket as his Trump instead of his gun. The gun is far more important. Carrying a semiautomatic pistol with 15 rounds of ammo would be far more helpful than this one armor piercing cartridge in a magnum caliber.
>>
>>33690753
>shoot armored target in the head or his unarmored head.
>shoot driver of truck instead of thinking a single .357 bullet would disable his entire engine block
>>
>>33690781
>unarmored head
Meant unarmored legs
>>
>>33690552
Pocket sand.
>>
>>33690753
>stopping a full speed truck with a well placed engine block shot
You'd have to be extremely lucky and do enough damage to fuck shit up right then and there causing the engine to fail. Then you have to worry about momentum carrying the vehicle forward. This ain't the movies. One shot doesn't completely stop an engine. They can still truck on until they shit the bed. It's not instantaneous.
>>
A single shot pistol in .50BMG (plus .50 round).
Its designed like the Welrod so I can easily store up my anus.

Its just incase I really want to say fuck you to someone.
>>
>>33690552
My trump card is my co-worker, he'd never expect me to toss him infront of a hail of gunfire when that guy that I "Bumped" down a few pay-grades and into 3rd shift comes in to give me a piece of his mind.
>>
File: Shredder and the bang rod.png (1MB, 1496x733px) Image search: [Google]
Shredder and the bang rod.png
1MB, 1496x733px
>>33690681
Let's do this.
>>
>>33690644
>Be at shopping mall
>Hear gun fire
>Active shooter firing blindly into the crowd with no particular target
>Notice he's wearing body armor
>Take cover and draw weapon
>Load AP round into chamber
>Wait for an opportunity and try my damnedest to hit center mass and pray like Hell that it incaps him or stuns him long enough to close the distance and make confident head shots without killing people around him
OOOORRRRRRRR in your scenario uselessly ammo dump 15 rounds of 9mm into body armor, probably taking out other people scrambling around in the chaos, and draw the attention of a gun toting psycho to my fully exposed body. Not to mention dumping 15 rounds of 9mm into a moving U-Haul won't do shit. 357 magnum was designed around the idea that the police needed a cartridge that could stop a car.
>>
>>33690552
>in case I need to wreck an engine to stop a U-Haul that Hasheem is taking on a sidewalk joyride

Your little .357 isn't going to do shit in that case
>>
>>33690831
I didn't say it was perfect. The entire idea behind having ccw anyway is that you're always going to be at an immediate disadvantage during an assault or violent scenario and having SOME chance is better than NO chance
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>33690552
>>
>>33690552
Vehicles can keep rolling for quite a while even if you (against all odds) bust the engine, momentum is a thing. Capping the driver isn't necessarily smart either, he could stick on the gas.

If you're worried about armor you might as well open carry a full powered rifle. If you make it look like a deer gun, people might be less touchy about it (depending on where you live).
>>
>>33690807
Shushawwww
>>
>>33690880
aww
>>
>>33690891
Not that anon, but do you know how ridiculous you sound? You're going to load a round and take your time and aim and hit a target for at a distance that is not only moving, but shooting? And if you're far enough away to not have the target IMMEDIATELY notice you fumble and drop your one speshul Barney Feiff round, then it's going to be a very difficult pistol shot.
>>
>>33690552
Lost my eye and left arm a while back after someone I trusted fucked me over and tried stealing my girl. I've got a prosthetic arm that I can fold down to expose a single shot. I can operate it with my teeth if need be.
>>
File: Kekashi Sensei.jpg (72KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
Kekashi Sensei.jpg
72KB, 333x500px
>>33690552

>Does anybody else carry a trump card?

Only my forbidden justu.

Seriously, you've been watching too many Chinese cartoons anon.
>>
>>33690934
Your pocket snubbie is what 3-4"? That'll be about 1,200fps roughly depending on how you loaded it. Assuming it is a tungsten projectile it may actually penetrate a cylinder. You've also got to remember all the other shit it has to get through to get there.
http://www.theboxotruth.com/the-box-o-truth-54-busting-an-engine-block/
>>
>>33690948
When one youtube gun channel shot his f150(builtfordtough) with a perfect engine block shot using a .50 bmg, it just stopped one piston from having compression. Still ran.
>>
So my conclusion from the reaction that I've received so far is that if the unlikely scenario in which an armored shooters or a rampaging truck driver is killing people en masse should ever occur that, despite having the means to POSSIBLY (not likely, but possibly) stop it that I shouldn't even bother having it or attempting to use it because i'm just going to end up being killed regardless?
>>
>>33690891
>body armor is isnt impenetrable
>Body armor doesnet cover anywhere near 100% of the user
>Users of body armor arent stunned by 15 hits in rapid succession
>one non fragmenting round wont will cause insta death once it gets past armor
>One round wont stop a truck instantly even with perfect shot placement
>what are tires

You sound like a retard.
>>
File: IMG_20170418_220024.jpg (2MB, 2951x3358px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170418_220024.jpg
2MB, 2951x3358px
Fine. Fuck it. What if I subbed out my keychain bullet for a speedloader full of AP rounds and a second one full of Exploders? Then will you guys get off my shit?
>>
>>33691055
You don't need to magdump. If you're scared of armor shoot around it.

Rampage killers do not expect any resistance. If they start taking shots or getting hit in the legs/arms/vest they'll get scared that they might be incapacitated and taken alive. Most of those pussies surrender or kill themselves when the cops arrive.

As for a truck, not even the cops can easily stop that. And when they do, it is by gunning the driver down through the windshield or car doors. Engine blocks will eat your bullets for breakfast.
>>
If there is an armored shooter aim for the parts that arent armored. If theres a truck get out of its way and shoot out the tires, maybe itll lose control.
>>
File: Muslim.jpg (31KB, 218x208px) Image search: [Google]
Muslim.jpg
31KB, 218x208px
>>33691055

In the scenario that you had the drop on a rampaging Mameluke and he was wearing body armor then you should empty your gun into an unarmored part of him then duck behind cover and fuck off.

Blowing his foot off may not kill him; but he's going to have a lot of trouble chasing anyone else down with a bloody boot full of hamburger.

If you've got a family that depends on you then you need to keep your ass alive though.
>>
>>33691134
On the very unlikely chance youll ever have to use it, it is almost infinitely more unlikely youll be shooting at anything other than a soft target and both of those will go right through, doing minimal damage.
>>
OP at this point just carry a 500 S&W.
>>
>>33691074
Better yet why not just shoot at the tires and the driver? Cars don't stop bullets like they do in movies therefore anyone operating a vehicle is just in a giant (although moving) soft target that won't really protect them at all. OP's scenario is silly.
>>
>>33690927

6 200 grain hard cast buffalo bore wadcutters would do a hell of a lot more than 9mm HPs
>>
>>33691134
dude just carry a pocket knife
>>
>>33691184
>6 200 grain hard cast buffalo bore wadcutters would do a hell of a lot more than 9mm HPs
see >>33691177
Truck attacks arent a thing outside of europe, we have guns here.
>>
>>33691184
They'd make nice smears on the block. May knock the fan off, tear out some wires or hoses and make his check engine light turn on.
>>
>>33691161
Center mass is an easier, larger target to hit. In a crowded area with many people scattering amidst the chaos firing at a much smaller moving target like hands, feet, and head would likely end with a innocent people taking the bullet that was meant to save them.
>>
>>33691000
I see wut u did there, struggler.
>>
Can someone explain to me how taking presumably 6 rounds of standard .357 mag to the chest plate wouldn't at the very least wind the fuck out of you?
>>
>>33691229
>his
Did you just assume the gender of the peaceful refugee?
>>
>>33691233
Yes but in a panic shot you, with your one bullet, are going to FUCKING MISS. Then what dumbass?oh right, Muhammad shoots you.
>>
>>33691269
If you had a chest plate you'd notice the impact and that would be about it.
>>
>>33691134

just load your revolver with half and half dingus, it's not going to do you any better than just normal bullets but since you insist
>>
File: WHAT A FAGGOT.jpg (54KB, 407x384px) Image search: [Google]
WHAT A FAGGOT.jpg
54KB, 407x384px
>>33691233
See pic, armor covers less than 50%, and even if it hits armor the blue could penetrate and at least break bones and cause soft tissue damage, and even the red will get teh wind knocked out of them. I

f you dont know what that means, or never had it happen to you, its not a turn of phrase, its when a sharp blow to the chest causes your diaphragm to convulse uncontrollably making it impossible to breathe. You can die from that.
>>33691317
You have no idea what your talking about
>>33691269
fucking seriously, this guy is retarded and dosent know how armor works.
>>
>>33691294
>then what
i'd die obviously. same thing that would happen if i tried to stop an active shooter with body armor and DIDN'T have an AP round.
>>
>>33691354
Nice refuting, but I said that because I've seen a guy wearing only soft armor shoot himself point blank with a .357, then immediately turn and do shooting drills. Adrenalin is a hell of a drug. And plate armor spreads the impact force over a huge area. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Technically you feel less force than the recoil of firing due to friction from the air the bullet is passing through.
>>
>>33691375
see>>33691354
also, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getting_the_wind_knocked_out_of_you
>>
>>33691354
>your
You meant "you're"
Ftfy
>>
>>33691393
yeah ONE shot, he was PREPARED for and knew was coming, and probably practiced extensively to do that.
>>
>>33690681
gotta keep those ladder sights engaged in case of a home defense scenario
>>
>>33691413
The point of my example was that that was with soft armor. That plate armor is spreading the force over a surface area ~100x larger.
>>
File: 1bbr8l.jpg (52KB, 952x500px) Image search: [Google]
1bbr8l.jpg
52KB, 952x500px
>>33691393
>Technically you feel less force than the recoil of firing
What the fuck are you talking about, Are you serious right now?
>>
>>33691161
pepper spray would probably be more effective in that event.
>>
File: Slide1.jpg (20KB, 369x235px) Image search: [Google]
Slide1.jpg
20KB, 369x235px
>>33691434
9mm on steel plate. IE your retarded.
>>
>>33691134
that is more like it. A single round of AP could miss vitals, 6 rounds is much better
>>
>>33691134
Exploders? Do tell
>>
>>33691447
equal and opposite reaction, the energy you feel in the recoil of a bolt action rifle is the same energy the bullet has at the muzzle.
>>
>>33691504
so holding a bullet in your hand and having it explode is the same recoil as shooting it our of a rifle, is literally what your saying.
>>
>>33690552
if you carry your gun loaded

why not just have the first (or third or whatever) bullet be your magic silver bullet
>>
>>33691483
That's not a steel plate retard. That's ceramic
>>
>>33691483
>Picture 4 – the effects of a 7.62mm round which was firing at a U.S. Marine’s back. You can clearly see the hit point and the bruise which is the effect of the impact. Image source: http://www.grafika.google.pl/

and that's a ceramic plate.
>>
>>33691532
a bullet exploding in your hand isn't the same as a bullet contained by a chamber

https://socratic.org/questions/how-does-newton-s-third-law-apply-to-a-rifle-shooting-a-bullet
>>
Best oc copypasta of 2017
>>
>>33691608
Have you ever even shot a gun?
>>
>>33691694
we're either talking about different things or you don't understand basic physics.
>>
>>33691503
They were basically a factory loaded version of those bullets the guy who shot Reagan made by filling the hollow point of a 22 with a mercury filament so that when it impacted it would detonate and fragment like a motherfucker. These factory loaded exploders are basically a 357 hollowpoint filled with a mercury filament and capped with a magnum primer. Yes they do work. Yes they will set shit on fire sometimes. Yes they do fragment all over the goddamn place. Yes it's loud as fuck when it impacts and detonates.
>>
>>33691608
Your not taking any of a thousand other factors into effect, heres a few
The impulse of firing a gun is spread out ever an amount of time from the initial primer puncture to when it leaves the barrel, meaning the force is spread out over a period of time, while the impulse of being hit is instantaneous, kinda like how you arent killed from accelerating to 60mph, but are when you hit a wall at 60mph. Funny how not being a 10th grader allows you to think critically.

The transfer of force to the mass of the gun and then to you take much of the energy, not to mention the energy lost to heat and light, while getting hit by a bullet means 100% of the kinetic energy is transferred to the target.

>>33691741
You think you understand basic physics but are obviously uneducated past "Energy in energy out bro! its that easyy!!!!" Your fucking retarded.
>>
>>33691538
I wouldnt keep an AP round as my first bullet in the cylinder because if it's a soft target then the bullet would penetrate too deep and wouldn't expand. It'd easily go through somebody and then through somebody else and then through somebody else. I would consider maybe putting it in the sixth chamber and then i could just move it to the first position if I came across an armored target.
>>
>>33691750
Sauce?
>>
Shit thread by retard. 0/10
>>
>>33690552
You're going to draw your gun, empty the bullets, take a single bullet out of a container on your keychain, load it, and then fire a single shot?

And you're gonna stop an armored gunman like this?

Are you fucking high? Carry a derringer with those already loaded or load them in your actual carry piece you idiot
>>
>>33691396
>>33691294
Wait a second... Are you assuming that I would for some reason only have my one AP round? I wouldn't eject all of my ammo just to load in one bullet. I'd remove one cartridge and replace it with the AP round. Fire the AP first at center mass hoping that the target is injured while closing the distancd, then follow up with 5 additional shots aimed primarily at the head and thighs.
>>
>>33691789
50% of the kinetic energy is still transferred to the shooter albeit over a slightly longer time frame and wider area. the other 50% is transferred to the target, minus wind resistance as the original poster mentioned.
>>
>>33691854
see>>33691856
>>
>>33690681
So cute! A Mauser and a mouser.
>>
File: 1492287782996.jpg (8KB, 276x277px) Image search: [Google]
1492287782996.jpg
8KB, 276x277px
>>33691860
you say that like it means anything. Once again the impulse of accelerating to 60mph is nothing compared to to impulse of crashing into a wall at 60mph, or why the wall and the truck is damaged during a crash, but not the asphalt and tries during acceleration.
>>
>>33691134
Do continue...
>>
>>33691909
Yeah, and it still doesn't make any sense whatsoever. You must be underage or stupid as fucking hell to think you're gonna have the fine motor control to remove a single fucking bullet, unscrew your dumb keychain, take the bullet out of that, and replace it while someone is trying to kill you.

This has to be a great troll thread
>>
File: 9873cPi.jpg (35KB, 374x503px) Image search: [Google]
9873cPi.jpg
35KB, 374x503px
>>33691134
>>
>>33691819
unfortunately they dont make them anymore and they stopped making them long before the internet became a thing so there ism't a whole lot of information about them. they're some of those oddball obscure collectable things that are near impossible to find like the old T.H.O.R. thunderzaps which i would give my left nut to find. I lucked into half a box of the exploders buried at the bottom of some old mans trunk that he brought into the store I used to work at. The same place I found the AP rounds actually. I'd love to know more myself. Not even entirely sure what company made them. The box just simply said "Exploderz" on it and they're loaded in Speer brass.
>>
>>33691926
>you say that like it means anything.
but it does, that's why armor works.
>>
>>33691961
Not while somebody is trying to kill me. In a mass shooter situation, if the shooter has body armor, and is firing into a crowd at no particular target, then I would find cover long enough to replace the cartridge. How is replacing one shell difficult?
>open cylinder
>push ejector
>don't push it all the way and eject every round like a dumbass
>grab a cartridge and pull it out
>let go of ejector
>drop other cartridge into chamber
>close cylinder and fire
>>
>>33692011
You have a childs understanding of physics and armor apparently. Do the fucking math on how much a bullet weighs and the transfer of force to an armored plate, except you cant, because you have no idea what your talking about.
>>
>>33692066
Or instead of fumbling with a gun and ammo while someone is shooting at people, you could shoot him in the pelvis/thighs/face
>>
>>33691750
>>33691750
I need a brand name. I want to buy these fuckers
>>
>>33691750
>mercury filament
Surely you mean mercury fulminate?
>>
File: thunderzap.jpg (51KB, 600x643px) Image search: [Google]
thunderzap.jpg
51KB, 600x643px
>>33691974
forgot pic
>>
>>33691974
>T.H.O.R. thunderzaps
why don't they make this? could we ask lehigh?

>The ammo itself is a thermo molded plastic bullet with a huge hollow cup. It was meant to be a safe round for home defense yet still have good stopping power. This ammo was ultra high velocity, 2800fps out of a 4 inch revolver. In one of his Second Chance videos Rich shot this round through 2 sides of beef strapped together. It blew a 6 inch hole through both sides of beef ribs. I had the chance to shoot a block of ballistics gel with it and it absolutely destroyed the first 5 inches of the block. This round will self destruct when it hits a wall which made it very safe in a home and you could actually catch it in your hand at 100 yards.
>>
>>33692084
see>>33691233
and>>33691294
and then>>33691375
or ya know, read the thread before repeating the exact same comments that were made by somebody else earlier
>>
>>33692125
Same reason they don't make the exploderz and commercial ap rounds anymore, the Clinton administrations ban on scurry gun stuffs. I dunno. Send an e-mail to doubletap or lehigh or whatever and see if they can recreate them. I certainly wouldnt mind getting my hands on some but they're pretty well extinct.
>>
>>33691286
Women are forbidden to drive, infidel.
>>
File: Garak Shoot A Man In The Back.jpg (217KB, 694x530px) Image search: [Google]
Garak Shoot A Man In The Back.jpg
217KB, 694x530px
>>33691161
>>33691233

>Center mass is an easier, larger target to hit.

Yeah, its also where body armor is specifically designed to cover you and in OP's scenarios the jihadi is wearing body armor. Normally center mass is always the way to go; but this is an abnormal scenario.

>>33691470

>pepper spray

You want to get to within pepper spray range of someone armed with a gun and hope you can still get the drop on them?

No thanks, I'd rather shoot the fucker in the back from 20 yards before he ever sees me.
>>
>>33691134

I like you, OP.
>>
File: Burly Boy.png (156KB, 278x324px) Image search: [Google]
Burly Boy.png
156KB, 278x324px
>>33690552
>in case I need to wreck an engine to stop a U-Haul that Hasheem is taking on a sidewalk joyride.
>>
File: image.jpg (174KB, 962x1523px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174KB, 962x1523px
>>33692125
Also endorsed by the Punisher
>>
>>33692132
I'm reading your dumbass thread. It's easier to hit the center of mass, true. But it's not easier to fucking reload a single bullet off your keychain and then fire a single fucking shot at an active shooter.

If you're serious about this then go run a mile and lift weights until your hands are shaking. Then practice unholstering your gun, taking out a single bullet, replacing it with your AP bullet, and taking a proper shooting position. Tell me how long it takes.

Just load AP in your gun already or stop daydreaming about stopping the North Hollywood shooters. Stagger AP and non AP if you're worried about shooting soft targets.

Please do some research on what happens to most people when they have to shoot someone. You will NOT have the motor control to do what you're describing. You're likely to draw and fire on the guy before you even realize he's wearing armor.
>>
>>33691854
>Carry a derringer with those already loaded
This is a neat idea desu
>>
>>33692174
there was a specific ban on "cop killer" ap handgun ammo, plastic bullets are not verboten
>>
>>33692187
thanks dawg. you're pretty alright yourself.
>>
>>33692190
Look up the history of the 357 magnum. It was originally designed during prohibition to be used by police to stop mobsters in vehicles.
>>
>>33692125
>>33692230
anyone claiming to get 2500+ FPS out of a handgun is lying through their teeth.

there's hardly anybody who has tested these things, but the only people I'm finding claim that these rounds got ~1000 FPS and barely penetrated 5 inches of ballistics gel
>>
>>33690552
>Armor Piercing Handgun Ammunition

Have your dog's cremation details in order, friend.
>>
>>33692277
dub dubs don't lie. Guess im gettin a derringer.
>>
>>33692349
you can posses it in most states
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 482x436px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 482x436px
>>33692319
>>
>>33692098
>.50 beowulf cases reloaded with bullets like that
>>
>>33692295
They ban ammo all the time for being "too deadly". Remember the black talons. Soccer moms and politicians got those banned because some thug got shot with one and it actually peformed exactly.as it was meant to and worked.
>>
>>33690874
>My trump card is my co-worker, he'd never expect me to toss him infront of a hail of gunfire when that guy that I "Bumped" down a few pay-grades and into 3rd shift comes in to give me a piece of his mind.

>>33691393
>Nice refuting, but I said that because I've seen a guy wearing only soft armor shoot himself point blank with a .357, then immediately turn and do shooting drills.

>I saw a guy shoot himself point blank and do shooting drills

I can't imagine being the sort of rube who takes stock in that sort of thing. What did he end up selling you?
>>
>>33692357
good on you, OP

a derringer with those loaded is actually a really cool idea
>>
>>33692430
fuck off OP, you are blatently samefagging. ive been watching the poster count and im willing to bet all these fags saying "Good on you op" or "Wow so cool" are all you you stupid fag. the poster count hasent gone up for the past 4 of these shit posts.
>>
>>33692411
He didn't sell me anything other than the belief that unless puncture and or destroy sufficient organs, you aren't putting the threat down. ie, an adrenalin/meth/coke fueled shooter isn't going down because you splatter his armor with lead.
>>
File: rystor-rms-1-00A.jpg (325KB, 4740x1338px) Image search: [Google]
rystor-rms-1-00A.jpg
325KB, 4740x1338px
>>33690552
should be in a pen gun m8
>I keep a pepper box of silver bullets just in case
>>
>>33692190
So was the 38 super
>>
>>33692430
Agreed. Now the question is do I load both chambers with the AP rounds or do I do one AP round and one Exploder?
>>
>>33692450
I've been in this thread ripping on OP hard for his fucktarded keychain idea. I'm just happy he's not gonna get himself killed trying to reload a single bullet now.

Protip anon: sometimes people on 4chan stick around to discuss things
>>
>>33692463
I still think he probably is. There's at least two other guys in here debating semantics on body armor and energy transfer. And one of them keeps confusing your and you're, while being condescending. Which is kind of amazing to me.
>>
>>33692454
Agreed. The FBI even determined, through their own studies and experience, that a determined attacker juiced on adrenaline and/or drugs could be shot through the heart and still continue their assault for up to two full minutes before succumbing to their injury. Drugs can and have created almost superhuman vitality
>>
>>33692462
i'd actually be a little nervous carrying an old round full of mercury fulminate around. isn't that stuff a little sensitive?
>>
>>33692509
it was 15 seconds

and it's not because of drugs, it's just because there's still blood in the body delivering oxygen
>>
>>33692368
Come to think of it, that MAY be true, but in fairly certain you can't purchase it. Case I'm thinking of is the 5.7 ss109(?)
>>
>>33692463
i don't know what to say... thanks and fuck you i guess?
>>
File: 500 bowling ball.png (1MB, 954x637px) Image search: [Google]
500 bowling ball.png
1MB, 954x637px
every now and then i will carry a .500 just for shiggles
>>
File: 23468444.jpg (26KB, 493x386px) Image search: [Google]
23468444.jpg
26KB, 493x386px
>>33692540
Kekked
>>
>>33690577
I assume he's just going to throw the round at any threat
>>
>>33692544
Why is one cylinder fluted and one not?
>>
File: Torgue_Intro_1.jpg (211KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Torgue_Intro_1.jpg
211KB, 1280x720px
>>33692519
Eeeyup. The danger is what makes it so cool. If they made bullets full of nitroglycerine i'd keep a pocket full of those all the time. Nothing says badass like knocking unstable explosive material around in the pocket closest to your dick just to show off.
>>
>>33692573
because of the bear tracks. apparently its a big rock exclusive
>>
>>33691134
First off you might pass off the AP for some of that French made MMH ammo but the home made primer in the hollowpoint will get you busted even if you hit something with it. P.S. dipshit it will work better if you use a bigger drill bit and use shot gun primers with no sealer.
>>
File: 357 bowmag.jpg (154KB, 1037x691px) Image search: [Google]
357 bowmag.jpg
154KB, 1037x691px
id keep a quiver of dis right hur
and a wrist crossbow for maximum effect
>>
>>33692605
I like the look, hate the bear tracks.
>>
>>33692644
those aren't home made... maybe you should read the thread before making ignorant comments and calling somebody a dipshit.
>>
>>33692662
Did you see the episode of twang'n'bang where he tested those? It's a neat idea but they didn't seem to work very well.
>>
>>33691483
Don't know here my ceramic plate that I wear will shatter not dent, maybe i'm not seeing the pic right. and 7.62 by 54 will not dent mine, and I was hit in the chest. Will post pics as soon as i get out of work.
>>
File: IMGP2232.jpg (72KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP2232.jpg
72KB, 800x600px
>>33692734
i wonder if they'd work better made out of metal. rn tried some .50 cal ones but they only covered the bottom quarter of the round and were so heavy they bent the arrows.
>>
>>33692778
probably. what seemed to happen was the "arrowhead" couldn't support the pressure and the casing would just rupture and blow the whole arrowhead apart and the bullet wouldn't really go anywhere.
>>
>>33692544
and a plastic ball too!
>>
>>33692930
well not anymore.... the thumb hole is still in the truck though
>>
>>33691000
get off the boat already
>>
>>33691134
op stop storing your exploders in your moist man-cavern, they're starting to oxidize
>>
File: pistol cross bow 150 lbs draw.jpg (61KB, 1154x1154px) Image search: [Google]
pistol cross bow 150 lbs draw.jpg
61KB, 1154x1154px
>>33692734
No I saw it on military arms channel iirc
seemed to work well enough

must have been shorter range and harder target
not sure if there are loads of 357 would have primers requiring less force
or the rounds weigh less than 400 grain

I just like the idea of it
so much to go wrong
and pistol cross bows seem to top out at 180 lbs
ofc I would want some deus ex style folding type
>>
>>33692573
probably for the extra weight, makes the recoil slightly more manageable
>>
>>33692990
i know. it sucks. that's actually the foam from the original packaging. that's how old those things are. the foam began to decay and melt and become sticky. I just store them in a hard ammo box i bought at the fucn store, though it just dawned on me that maybe the reason they were originally packaged in thick gooey foam is because they're filled with a really sensitive explosive material. oh well. if you're not living on the edge then youre taking up too much space.
>>
>>33693003
i'm sure there's probably all kinds of particulars that go into making them function reliably.
>>
My thought, for people that are taking this seriously:

A Trump© card is meant to be a last ditch, save my ass thing designed to cover as many bases as possible. In particular, i think a trump card should be defensive in nature, to get you the fuck out of something

With that in mind, here are some ideas:
Handcuff keys
High lumen strobe light/camera flash style light
Pepper spray (especially if you're a guy)
Taser
>pocket sand
>dragon dildo
>steel toed sneakers
>>
>>33693180
Try getting a gun you faggot.
>>
>>33693235
You've clearly missed the point of a trump card versus regular shit. nobody is saying carry pocket sand INSTEAD of a gun
>>
File: SS cyanide capsule.jpg (1MB, 4288x3216px) Image search: [Google]
SS cyanide capsule.jpg
1MB, 4288x3216px
>>33693180
50 cents a dirk and a hair pin
>>
>>33693307
Get another gun. A second gun would be a better "Trump" card than fucking pepper spray.
>>
>>33691974
>you will never buy exploderz, blacktip 30-06, cheap chinese AKs and tear gas grenades at your local gun show
Feels pretty awful, honestly
The cyberpocalypse can't come soon enough
>>
File: belt buckle pistol.jpg (770KB, 2880x1920px) Image search: [Google]
belt buckle pistol.jpg
770KB, 2880x1920px
>>33693323
needs more backup
every part of your clothing should hide some sort of gun or knife
>>
>>33690552
Why not just have ~2 ap rounds loaded and in front?
>>
>>33690781
>>33690831
If you hit ANY of the pistons, the engine will sieze. If you kill the driver, you'll still have a driving corpse
>>
>>33692094
Wouldn't that explode as soon as the bullet's fired?
>>
>>33692098
What does it do?
>>
>>33690552
If you're going to carry AP, why not just have the full cylinder with it? Or half the cylinder? Or a spare cylinder/clip with AP? Your chances with just one AP round are basically null. You have a better chance going for the driver or for a headshot on a mass shooter with normal self defense rounds than trying to get a special shot with your AP round.
>>
>>33693565
>a seized engine will stop a speeding truck in it's tracks
Think again brainlet. The amount of kinetic energy behind the truck would be more than enough to snap the linkages like twigs.
>>
>>33692393
Black Talon isn't illegal, and according the some shit on the wiki page about it, it performs no differently than any other hollow point ammo.

t. someone who just googled it to see what it was
>>
>>33693180
yeah, rephrasing it, trump card = solution to an edge case. OP's edge case is body armor. Define the edge case first and then you'll be able to find a solution
>>
>>33691134
Where did you get the AP bullets? Cast them yourself?
>>
File: 4d4c01ec2d0e3fc7c924c9a042a1a7ae.jpg (241KB, 1100x1381px) Image search: [Google]
4d4c01ec2d0e3fc7c924c9a042a1a7ae.jpg
241KB, 1100x1381px
>>33690552
(Yew)
>>
>>33690891
>notice mass shooter has plate carrier
>shoot him 15+1 times in the dick
t. butters
>>
>>33691393
>he beleives the off brand gunshow IIa "standard" non NIJ certified soft armor salesman's annoying max volume "proof" video loop.
wew

it's blanks dumbass.
>>
File: 1405571057567.jpg (43KB, 492x381px) Image search: [Google]
1405571057567.jpg
43KB, 492x381px
>>33690807
>>33690950
>>
File: convert.jpg (96KB, 640x466px) Image search: [Google]
convert.jpg
96KB, 640x466px
OP should get one of these Franklin Armory Convert AOWs and a Beretta 92 to put it on, then load it with a slug. That will destroy whatever you shoot it at.
>>
>>33691134
>reach into pocket
>accidentally twist speedloader
>Exploding AP spaghetti pours out of pockets
>>
>>33692098
Honestly the Thunderzap ammo intrigues me.

I wonder if a modern company could make an improved version of it?
>>
>>33690552
If you don't strap 200 m80's to your chest in a way where you can rip off your shirt and make it appear you're wearing an explosive vest, you need to step your self defense game up.
>>
>>33690552
I'm typically the smartest guy in the room.

On the rare occasion I'm not, I study and learn from the man who is.
>>
>>33690753
What gives you a chance is not engaging a target you are incapable of handling instead of forming jerk off fantasies
>>
>>33693647
Well mercury "filament" isn't a thing, so I guess OP is talking out his ass.
>>
>>33691134
>have my autistic AP rounds loaded in my gun
>suddenly, a heavily armored assailant blocks my path
>"you're dead, kiddo" he says
>but little did they know I have a FORBIDDEN technique, only available to those who have mastered the 9th circle of gunkata
>flip cylinder out
>grab AP round speedloader
>slam ap round speedloader against AP rounds already loaded in cylinder
>All 6 go off, unleashing a massive force into my opponent
>"NANI?" He screams as my bullets pierce his armor, destroying his body and soul
>*sheathes revolver" nothing personal, sempai
>>
>>33695552
we've established that his "autocorrect" changed fulminate
>>
>>33692319
I don't care what it was designed for, it's not going to do it.
>>
>>33692319
Yes out of long barrels to hit depression era pot metal cars. Steel has come a long way and is used more to beef up engines to extend their life, and because we can afford to have thicker engines.
>>
>>33695618
Heavily keked
>>
>>33692074
Don't forget the force of the recoil is spread out over the butt plate and the force of the bullet is pinpoint
>>
>>33692319
1930's shitsmobile =/= 2010's semitruck
>>
>>33692319
I want to also point out that during the prohibition era, ball loadings of .38 Super was basically considered to be armor piercing, when today it'd struggle to take a Lv2 vest.
>>
>>33690577
Hold bullet with leatherman
Strike primer with pen tip
Win
>>
>>33692393
Black Talons aren't banned you tardmongler, Winchester just ceased production because the media went around telling everyone "THEY ARMA PEISIN COPKILLAS, THEY TEFLONCOAT PASS EM RIGHT THRU KEVLAR"

It's literally a completely ordinary hollowpoint, the black coating that the press thought was teflon, is really just the copper jacket with an oxidation process applied to it.

Winchester's Ranger SXTs are pretty much the same thing with another name and can be bought anywhere.
>>
>>33690891
Police did not want 357 to stop a car. You sound stupid.
>>
File: 1488164930352.jpg (94KB, 544x398px) Image search: [Google]
1488164930352.jpg
94KB, 544x398px
>>
Here is my trump card you gearfags
>>
>>33697489
Where
>>
Kill me
>>
File: Trump-Card.jpg (126KB, 573x800px) Image search: [Google]
Trump-Card.jpg
126KB, 573x800px
Here file didn't post
>>
>>33691074
Let this anon serve as a warning to others who fail to lurk before green texting
>>
>>33690927
except go through the radiator and bust up at a minimum a vital pulley, causing the engine to overheat and/or shut down fairly quickly. A well placed shot can do quite a bit of damage. Granted it probably won't do enough in time to stop the rampaging vehicle.
>>
>>33693323
Actually pepper spray would be preferable to a 2nd gun.
Especially if you're in one of those ambiguous self defense scenarios where you're not 100% sure you can get away with shooting someone in the face
>>
>>33691055
Right, because you'll just end up in the fetal position crying for mommy anyway.
>>
>>33690577
Anyone have the gif of Charlie Sheen just throwing handfulls of bullets and killing people from Hotshots! 2?
>>
>>33697556
>fairly quickly
So 5 miles down the road?
>>
>>33691393
>>33691354
>>33694405
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdqaM-zpOQ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDRRJZ6rJBY&t=39s

Bullets don't wind you, life isn't a video game.
>>
>>33697963
as opposed to 100?

yeah
>>
File: punch.gif (15KB, 266x400px) Image search: [Google]
punch.gif
15KB, 266x400px
>>33690552
>relying on inferior manmade trinkets when the Lord gave you two perfectly good hands
>>
>>33693565
Dude stfu, cars drive around with dead cylinders constantly. A diesel truck could probably run on half its cylinders. You're so dumb it hurts.
>t. I'm standing in a shop in front of a Yukon with cylinder 7 there just for show
>>
>>33698757
And? The apparent consensus is that a truck stops dead in it's tracks when the engine gets shot. That's simply not the case. Even if you fucked a piston it would snap that shit like a twig and keep trucking for miles after that. ]
>an engine needs all cylinders working to run
No.
>>
>>33692098
What does it do?
>>
>>33690644

>You can solve everything but a killdozer by putting fast shots on target

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyler_courthouse_shooting#Mark_Alan_Wilson

>hit gunman repeatedly in center mass
>don't know he's wearing a vest
>die
>>
>>33696051
If you knew how rounds actually worked, you'd realize that would just rupture the case and probably cause the bullet to fly in a random direction with less energy than a fucking BB pellet.
>>
>>33690891
This is like that fudd at the range with the deer rifle going "psssht nothin' personel whippersnapper but I only need one shot to put you down unlike you with that plastic machinegun."
>>
File: 1471562915250.jpg (147KB, 517x768px) Image search: [Google]
1471562915250.jpg
147KB, 517x768px
>>33695618
>>but little did they know I have a FORBIDDEN technique, only available to those who have mastered the 9th circle of gunkata
>>flip cylinder out
>>grab AP round speedloader
>>slam ap round speedloader against AP rounds already loaded in cylinder
>>All 6 go off, unleashing a massive force into my opponent
>>"NANI?" He screams as my bullets pierce his armor, destroying his body and soul
>>
>>33700524
>no fun allowed
>>
>>33700699
Don't ever fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
>>33690880
your cat is fat
>>
>>33693565
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zd-hMXeMoA
>>
>>33690891
>police needed a cartridge that could stop a car.
literally the only time bullets stop a car is in old episodes of the a-team and even then it doesn't stop it just flips over.
>>
>>33697556
this wouldn't be quick enough.

what would instakill a car? perfect hit to tie rod end? that should result in the front tires pointing different directions.
>>
File: P9262518____image.jpg (794KB, 1439x830px) Image search: [Google]
P9262518____image.jpg
794KB, 1439x830px
>>33701145
>The design of the projectile has been optimised for stopping vehicles, and the cartridge is referred to as a ‘car stopper’. The image below (provided by a confidential source) was taken at the Weapons and Security expo in Kiev, in 2013. Both the brass and the aluminium slugs are pictured. Roughly translated, the sign reads “designed for the forcible stop of a vehicle by damaging parts and mechanisms while shooting a 12 gauge weapon”.

i think the french make one too, not sure how effective they are.
>>
>>33692098
This just looks like a polymer hollowpoint though...
>>
>>33691134
R A R E
A
R
E

I love kooky old special ammo. Please don't shoot these.
>>
File: 1492376137995-pol.jpg (40KB, 531x432px) Image search: [Google]
1492376137995-pol.jpg
40KB, 531x432px
>>33691149
>doesn't expect resistance
>wearing armor

Uuum..anon...
>>
>>33702536
Munroe is a prick but I feel this is appropriate

https://what-if.xkcd.com/18/
>>
>>33691000
You're not even the real Boss.
>>
File: go time.jpg (93KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
go time.jpg
93KB, 1024x1024px
>>33690681

I like the cut of your jib
>>
>>33697350
Gunchucks?
>>
>>33703106
Nug-chucks
Nugchaku
>>
>>33695618
oh my god i can't believe my thread is still here. i'm so glad I came back just to read this.
>>
>>33698144
Translation
>shoot me again I haven't cum yet
>>
>>33691134
>>33690552

but AP pistol ammo is illegal, anon.

>muh, liberal "cop killer" bullets
>>
>>33690753

YOUR LIFE IS NOT AN ANIME

>>
File: life saver.jpg (7KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
life saver.jpg
7KB, 340x340px
>>33690552
>>
>>33690891
You do know that .357 out of a barrel that short has less kinetic energy than a 9mm out of any proper pistol right?

You do realise how hard that wouldbe toaim,right?

You do understand that a hold out like that would only be useful if carried up your ass to help with a prison escape or something right?

I'd rather have real gun. Hell, I'd rather have a knife. You are stupid OP, as these other anons have told you.
>>
>>33697554
But he's right? And he's greentexting correctly? Are you some kind of retard?
>>
>>33704620
You do know that ballistics by the inch does not account for the cylinder of a revolver as being not part of the barrel they just had a single shot barrel they steadily cut down, and revolver barrels do not include the chamber when measuring.
>>
File: aNTHft4.png (239KB, 610x372px) Image search: [Google]
aNTHft4.png
239KB, 610x372px
>>33690552
you know the rest of the quote op...and you know it's true, so stop kidding yourself
>>
>>33704681
>>33704620
So anon if you want to know say how a .357 out of a 2inch barreled revolver acts according to BBTI you would add another ~1.6inch to what you are comparing it to on ballistics by the inch.
>>
File: 9mm.gif (2MB, 240x103px) Image search: [Google]
9mm.gif
2MB, 240x103px
>>33690891
You know that speed kills armour right?
Well the 9mm is faster so just get an ap for that and put it in the chamber and if you really dont want to use it in whatever circumstances rack the slide and get on with it.
>>
File: 1449442805434.jpg (49KB, 600x440px) Image search: [Google]
1449442805434.jpg
49KB, 600x440px
>>33693071
Notthatguy but use rice. Just throw it in the can like you do in a saltshaker. Doesnt have to be much but it buys you a lot of time.
>>
File: do you even obberate.png (580KB, 1021x978px) Image search: [Google]
do you even obberate.png
580KB, 1021x978px
>>33693180
I dualwield a flash and fleshlight for those cases.
They never see my coming.
>>
File: supersanta.jpg (95KB, 667x511px) Image search: [Google]
supersanta.jpg
95KB, 667x511px
>>33699101
>not being a man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esSz2Pt74IA
>>
File: nice truck.jpg (172KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
nice truck.jpg
172KB, 1200x800px
>>33691149
>Engine blocks will eat your bullets for breakfast.
I wouldnt put my money on anything below a 7.62
>>33691483
>9mm
>says 7.62 in decription
>>
>>33690552
OR OR, you carry some 7.62x25 Tok pistol in Bulgarians loadings and with spire points
Thread posts: 240
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.