[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/, I just got .270 caliber hunting rifle, but i have know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: camo.jpg (114KB, 1680x949px) Image search: [Google]
camo.jpg
114KB, 1680x949px
Hey /k/, I just got .270 caliber hunting rifle, but i have know idea how to sight it in right, what do you guys do.(I've tried the laser thing)
>>
>>33690123

>Set up decently large target
>stand ~10 yards away
>fire at center
>observe where the shot landed
>adjust scope to match where the shot landed (e.g. if you aimed center and the shot landed high, start adjusting your scope downwards)
>repeat until shot is hitting where crosshair is aiming
>move to 25 yards, repeat process
>move to 50 yards, repeat process
>etc etc
>>
Put the gun on something to stabilize it. Put a dot on the wall with tape. Look through bore and align with dot. Keep gun still and adjust scope to be in the center of the dot.

Once at the range prop up the front of the gun with a sandbag or something and the rear as well (important). Fire a shot into the bullseye of your target. See where it lands on the paper

Keeping the gun still and aimed on the bullseye look through the scope and adjust it until the scope is aiming directly on where your last shot just hit.

After youve done that fire a three round group on the bullseye to confirm you're zeroed.
>>
>>33690123
Pat, it's Christian. You have some explaining to do.
>>
>>33690236
what
>>
Why does OP's pic related look like a pellet gun?
>>
>>33690272
Shit. I know a guy in my college who just bought a rifle in .270.
>>
File: K3uDBGph.jpg (173KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
K3uDBGph.jpg
173KB, 1024x768px
>>33690279
Because it's a pellet gun.
>>
>>33690279
Because i needed a quick picture of a gun that was camo an thats the first one google shat out
>>
>>33690340
ha, alright
>>
Did the laser thing not work?

Remove the bolt
Look through the barrel and move the gun until the barrel lines up with a target at 25 yards
Adjust your scope to point at the target
Lock the gun down somehow, or just make sure it doesn't move
Reinsert the bolt
Fire a round at the target, adjust scope until you're zeroed in at 25 yards
Then calculate your bullet's trajectory using something like http://gundata.org/ballistic-calculator/
Adjust scope's elevation accordingly based on caliber and zero in on 100 yards
Leave zero at 100 yards and use scope reticule to adjust for further distances.
If you plan to shoot past 600 yards, zero for 200 yards.
>>
If it's a bolt action, remove the bolt and bore sight it. Move target to 50 yards, with a good center point, look down bore and barrel and line up with the target, use a stand or sand bags or whatever the fuck to steady the rifle so the bore is lined up with center (use your cuck eyes fag to look down barrel) once steady, adjust sights to line up to the center and boom that's it. Move up an inch for every 25(?) yards (don't remember and I'm drunk and don't care to Google as op didn't either )
Learn to google newfag
>>
Ya, first boresight like this thread suggests.
I've found that the easiest way to make the fine adjustment is once you've made your 5-shot group from rest, if you can keep the gun steadily benched during the process (a bipod works well), look through the scope and adjust the crosshairs from bullseye to the center of the group you just shot.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.