[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking at getting into 600 yard rifle matches this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: rfl_pst-2_5-25x50_moa_bl.jpg (52KB, 800x467px) Image search: [Google]
rfl_pst-2_5-25x50_moa_bl.jpg
52KB, 800x467px
I'm looking at getting into 600 yard rifle matches this year and I've been eyeing the Vortex PST Line. Nobody seems to have any of the FFP models in stock, so the question is; If I'm just going to be bench rest shooting or shooting at fixed distances 90% of the time, do I really need FFP?
I really like FFP scopes, but I'm running out of time to get everything together and I'm thinking I might just have to buy the SFP model.

What do you run for optics on your rifles? Any suggestions that would be comparable to or better than the PST int the $900-1200 range?
>>
Ffp is a meme if you are going to use the turrets to dial and will probably always use max magnification...
>>
Current plan is to put it on a Savage 10 BA Stealth in .308.
>>
https://samplelist.com/catalog/product/view/id/121179/
>>
>>33690346
Gen 1
>>
>>33689994
Why do you want FFP?
At set ranges with an MOA reticle you just use hold over and MOA is viable at any magnification anyway.
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 400x400px
>>33690459
>>33690034
>pic related

Op, get the FFP for precision shooting. The gen1 is better IMO but the gen 2's should be good as well. Mine is the 6-24 FFP ebr2c mil and my razor gen 2 has the same reticle
>>
>>33689994
For what your doing. Get the swfa 10x hd.

It will be great for 600yd.
>>
>>33690667
>ebr2c
The reason I want the G2 over the G1.

The ERB-1 is nice and I'm sure it would do the job, but the Gen II also just looks better to me. I like the fact that the illumination knob was moved.
>>
File: everyday-is-monday.jpg (84KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
everyday-is-monday.jpg
84KB, 620x465px
Not sure how 600yard matches work, but for everything else...

If I knew then what I knew now, I would have saved my money on all the fancy FFP mil dot reticles and used it towards a good laser rangefinder.
>>
>tfw got a second hand 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 Viper PST $500 cheaper than retail
>>
>>33690718
ebr2c is on the gen1 PST's as well. If you look on the EE/PX of snipers hide you could probably get one like >>33691139 did.
>>
Also the reason you may have Trouble finding PST Gen 1 scopes is because they're discontinued.

Quick note: Vortex are giving me FREE replacement turrets delivered internationally for my scope from some cosmetic damage the previous owner did to them.
>>
>>33689994
If you are going to be shooting at a fixed distance at bench rest 90% of the time, why do you need a variable optic? Why not get a fixed magnification?

Check out the SWFA HD Super Sniper. They have a fixed 10× and a variable 5×20, they are SFP and have arguably better glass.
>>
>>33691561
EDIT: The SWFA HD SS is a FFP optic. My apologies OP, its been a long day.
>>
>>33691561
Not op. I have a swfa 5-15 ffp, 10x , 10x hd, they are all fantastic.

I recommend a 10x hd with mil-mil.
>>
>>33691573
They have both ffp and sfp.

Also everything is om sale on swfa site today.
>>
>>33689994
I have a Viper PST 4x16x50 SFP and the glass is a bit cloudy at max magnification. I've heard the glass on their FFP models is better, but don't have personal experience with them.
In fact, the whole thing really turned me off to buying optics online.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.