[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ just got a GP100 6" stainless used for $550 before

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: wm_6420119.jpg (426KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
wm_6420119.jpg
426KB, 2592x1936px
Hey /k/

just got a GP100 6" stainless used for $550 before taxes.
identical to pic related. It's had some work done to it; the action is incredibly smooth and staging is a breeze. the fucker before me didn't clean it before I bought it.

did I do good? should I have gotten a new one for ~$75 more?

haven't shot it yet. gonna vice it and check my groups when I get a chance.

I'm probably going to get a 44 redhawk in a few months, but I just can't stand guns without the full lug.

did I make a mistake? will it still last 3 lifetimes like they say?
>>
>>33686484
>the action is incredibly smooth and staging is a breeze.

You don't stage a DA trigger. It's a smooth consistent pull all the way through.
>>
>>33687243

it stops perfectly after locking the cylinder. the tip of my finger hits the back of the guard in the same spot every time. I hear the click, my finger hits the guard and it's ready. there's no resistance or stopping point for the trigger mechanically; it does indeed glide right through.

do you think there's any way the guy before me could have jeopardized the rifling or anything like that? I have it apart and it doesn't look like it's EVER been cleaned. It was made in 2011.
>>
>>33687243
Are you retarded?
>>
>>33686484
>should I have gotten a new one for ~$75 more?

What state are you in? I got a new GP100 for like $20 less than what you paid. That said, what you paid really isn't outrageous, although the fact that the previous owner didn't clean it before selling it is.

Also, Dan is a known dumbass and you should ignore everything he says.
>>
File: 20170416_150047.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170416_150047.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>33687363
Out here in california i paid $700 out the door beand new. I actually got atleast $50 off from what my friend told me... fuck this place =/.
>>
>>33687363

maine. but It was off the shelf. I actually talked the guy down from 625 (the price of a new one)

I wasn't too concerned about the price, I knew what I wanted and was willing to pay extra for immediate gratification. I decided to check out the big store first in case they had one in stock. Lo and behold, there was the exact gun I was looking for. He didn't take off the trigger lock until he handed me the receipt, so I was pleasantly surprised it was so smooth. but I had to brush out the chambers, and there was a bit of crap in the barrel. the muzzle has the expected black patterning from a used gun. I actually plan to leave the carbon deposits on the front of the cylinder and back of the barrel to close the gap a bit.
>>
>>33687322
>>33687363
I bought a .22 levergun recently that had never been cleaned. The bore is likely fine since it's non-corrosive ammo, but take some brass brushes and scrub that fucker out followed by some hoppes patches.

You should be sparkling and good to go after about an hour or so, you can make it look brand new.
>>
>>33687409

ooo pretty. I couldn't stand the 4" barrel.

I can tell mine's been modded because the rear sight pin is so tight. looks like yours is shortened or something
>>
>>33687440

kk
>>
>>33687409
>$700

God damn. Between that and the $800 GLAWKS I'm sure Cali has no gun-related crime whatsoever ;)

>>33687430
>talked the guy down from 625 (the price of a new one)

Dude I would avoid that shop, anyone who's selling used guns at new prices is probably going to screw you any chance they get. I'd also clean the cylinder, you're not going to see any appreciable gains from leaving it dirty.

The firearm wasn't being presented as new, was it?
>>
I JUST looked at a super clean 4" blued GP100 at a pawn shop.....asking $400... I just don't need another .357.
>>
>>33687530
pawn shops are great, my local ones are loaded with sub $150 QUALITY shotguns
>>
>>33687506

by no means. they were up front about it being used. they didn't know anything about it's history though. several employees.

I only go there because they have the best selection around. Usually they'll cut me a break on prices, but they're overpriced to begin with so it kinda evens out. I know their game. I wanted a SS GP6" and I wanted it then and there. They had a new one blued, but I was not interested.

there's a little shop around but anything I want has to be ordered. his prices are better but not by much, and he only charges $100 up from wholesale per gun.
>>
>>33687530

OP here

this is my first revolver. figured I'd get a good one. after seeing how dirty it was though.... figured I'd ask /k/ about it's reliability.
>>
>>33687583
GP100 is a tank have no fear.
>>
>>33687652

just what I wanted to hear. I'm just hoping for the <.5" @25yd groups I've heard so much about

and I just now found a couple of brass marks on the back of the frame above the cylinder release, so something somewhere has been hammered.
>>
>>33687752
Any gun can do that, it's all about the shooter's ability.
>>
>>33687832

not every gun can do that.
I vised up my 1911 10mm and was doing 2" at 25y

and I'm not claiming to be a deadeye or anything but you're only as accurate as your gun.
>>
File: 1462980203845.jpg (27KB, 654x632px) Image search: [Google]
1462980203845.jpg
27KB, 654x632px
>>33687859
And they are all more accurate than we are
-grandpa hickok
>>
>>33687322
>it stops perfectly after locking the cylinder. the tip of my finger hits the back of the guard in the same spot every time. I hear the click, my finger hits the guard and it's ready. there's no resistance or stopping point for the trigger mechanically; it does indeed glide right through.

mine does exactly the same thing, and has not been apart.
They're just good guns
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuqticFg9q8

You can doo eet!
>>
>>33687752
>>33687832
>>33687859
It's a factor of both.

A shitty shot with a shitty gun is fucked.
A good shot with a shitty gun can get by.
A shitty shot with a good gun isn't going to get the best use out of it.
And a good shot with a good gun is going to shoot great.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.