[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>at CCW training. >5'2" dude, weighs about tree

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: 20170415_143955.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170415_143955.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>at CCW training.
>5'2" dude, weighs about tree fiddy also in class.
>NRA "we the people hat", mossyoak breakup tshirt stretched across his fleshy prow, matching mossy oak break up waterproof hunting boots.
>Pic related.
>demands to know why we are being told to shoot center mass.
>wheeze that he just wants to "wing people"
>told why that is the acme of stupidity
>proceeds to aim at edges of silhouette anyway
>several clean misses
>fails to qualify
>tries with second gun.
>it's a tokarev.
>jams immediately.
>admits he hadn't cleaned or oiled it since getting it.
>first time he has shot it
>maybe certain people shouldn't have guns after all.

Also general range/class idiocy thread
>>
I think the guy wearing a leather vest and a graphic t-shirt is funnier
>>
People can be retards (and most are)

Just because one owns a firearm doesn't make them exempt from that fact.
>>
File: 1484249517579.jpg (37KB, 285x298px) Image search: [Google]
1484249517579.jpg
37KB, 285x298px
>>33686103
My CHL instructor was fucking autistic as hell.

He started telling stories about how he killed people in Vietnam, how he clears his house overtime he enters it, makes his family stay in the car until he exits the vehicle and calls all clear, etc.

I have shit hearing from military service and went to the qualifying range. My hand wasn't even on the weapon and I turned to him to wait for his instructions and he screams "DON'T LOOK AT ME". I was shocked and how they let this guy walk freely in public without a helmet.
>>
>>33687404
why didn't you turn 360 degrees and walk out of that fucking place, what a fuck.
>>
>>33687635
I wanted to get my CHL and I needed the certificate.
>>
>>33687404
This. While following all safety steps I have dropped a magazine, and with an empty and open chamber with the pistol still pointed down range; have been yelled at by people who are too used to knee-jerk screaming at people who don't know any better.

>unloaded and open chamber
>pointed in safe direction
>talking to someone behind me without turning body or anything
>get told 'There is no time for chitchat in a gunfight!'
Jesus christ.
>>
File: f.gif (2MB, 270x188px) Image search: [Google]
f.gif
2MB, 270x188px
>>33686729
>Everyone's a retard
>Everyone but me
>>
>>33687706
>knee-jerk screaming at people

It's like every bad leader ever in the Army.
>Told to drive duty van to training site when E4
>Ok, lets.jpg
>get told to come back and have my ass chewed out for minutes for not driving in the convoy
>there is no convoy, we are just driving to the range
>other vans take off by themselves including the one with the E7 who just made a huge scene

vowed right then and there when we were in Iraq if he needed help I was going to leave him behind. Never got that chance.
>>
>>33687671
he was the only trainer in town? I don't like giving my money to fucks but you do you.
>>
>>33686103
>>33687404
>>33687706
More stories pls
>>
>>33687792
I had already paid :/

God what the fuck is the deal with captcha today?
>>
This entire thread is why I vowed to never take a shooting course unless it's extremely convenient to do so. It just seems that these places are full of tactical autism and retards waiting on you to fuck up even once.
>>
My LGS guy asked me the first time I came in if I wanted to be part of his course. He asked if I've shot a gun before, I said yes (technically true, shot targets with a teacher's musket in his backyard, got tinnitus from it because my earplugs weren't all the way in) and he said I was good. Exactly how shitty would it have been if he didn't fight me on that?
>>
>>33687824
>It just seems that these places are full of tactical autism and retards waiting on you to fuck up even once.
you just described /k/
>>
>>33687808
Not really on topic but same premise
>be shooting with friends at cabin
>all having a good time, a few beers
>idiot of a friends friend is there talking about how he's going into the army as EOD
>keeps getting hurt so he can't go
>Talking about how well he knows guns and is an expert
>refuses to touch mosins mauser and ak because too much recoil lol
>Stands off behind us a bit to the right
>starts shooting over our heads
>"DUDE WHAT THE FUCK STOP"
>'its fine i know what I'm doing'
>proceeds to stop and get back into line with the rest of us for safeties sake
>doesn't empty rifle or lock open; removes magazine with a round still in the chamber
>lays rifle across crotch as he begins reloading magazine
>22 is now pointed directly at my foot
>"dude what the fuck"
>'it's fine I know what I'm doing'
>reloads and mag dumps his shit 10/22 into the hillside
>turns around to reload again
>points rifle at female friend and my SO
>Gets told to stop, wont learn
>proceed to chamber check and then load SKS with the muzzle pointed at his face
>he quickly stops shooting and sits back and watches others safely shoot while contemplating how dangerous it is to point a firearm at someone
Fuck you justin you piece of shit.
>>
File: 1475108136858.jpg (50KB, 495x345px) Image search: [Google]
1475108136858.jpg
50KB, 495x345px
>>33687846
It's easy, you go to a knowledgeable and vetted instructor that actually knows their shit.
>Tom Givens
>Darryl Bolke
>Wayne Dobbs
>Mike Pannone
>Ernest Langdon
>Frank Proctor

These are all people who don't have big egoes and genuinely enjoy teaching people ontop of being extremely good at what they do.

You won't be told how many people they face shotted or require to roll around in 30lbs of multicam and velcro doing weird ninja rolls with any of these guys and the shit they teach is 100% relevant to the average citizen.

Most """""instructors"""" you see out there are fucking jokes especially on a local level. Don't be turned away from attending classes, it has the potential to be one of the best investments you can make in terms of shooting skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4BBr4wUSIg
>>
File: 1282786204310.jpg (27KB, 600x459px) Image search: [Google]
1282786204310.jpg
27KB, 600x459px
>>33687724
>that image
Fucking saved.
>>
>>33687846
It's nice to get some insight into another world but if that's the only training you're getting you're fucked. You can learn more doing rifle drills with a friend and your favorite firearm every weekend. Practice makes perfect and no one's perfect.
>>
File: 20170406_212629-1.jpg (2MB, 2989x919px) Image search: [Google]
20170406_212629-1.jpg
2MB, 2989x919px
>>33686692

That vest guy was a tool! Said he shot with Massad Ayboob and spent most of the class talking out of his ass. Got a speeding ticket on his way back from lunch the second day.

There was also a 9000 year old man in the class with what I believe was a 6" huehuehue Bull. He was in the lane nearest to the left wall and was asked to switch to his other gun after he cleanly missed all three shots of a Mozambique drill and a good sized chunk of soundproofing slid off the wall onto the ground. No idea what that was chambered in but it had to be .44 mag or better. Blast was making my target flutter a lane over at 7 yards.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.