[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are they paying generals? i mean, they have the real power.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: 232675469566254005465.jpg (154KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
232675469566254005465.jpg
154KB, 800x1000px
what are they paying generals?
i mean, they have the real power. What's stopping them from overthrowing the feds?
>>
>>33684506
>What's stopping them from overthrowing the feds?
paperwork mostly
>>
>>33684506
The promise of making millions more in a few years when they retire and get corporate jobs.
>>
>>33684506
the "federal" reserve.
>>
>>33684506
>i mean, they have the real power
What fucking power do they have exactly?
>>
File: pepe.jpg (24KB, 380x379px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
24KB, 380x379px
>>33684506

nothing except this is the USA not some 3rd world shithole

plus it's very difficult to get enough people to agree for b.s. like that w/out the secret coup plot leaking out

but you gdamn leftists always try anyway

seriously FU
>>
File: 1485380834896.jpg (156KB, 1019x881px) Image search: [Google]
1485380834896.jpg
156KB, 1019x881px
>>33684856
...idk... the nukes, the planes, the boats, the army
>>
>>33684506
>they have the real power
t. 3rd worlder
>>
What a stupid post.

Their power still depends on people listening to them, just like the Feds.

And sure, I guess they could overthrow our government, but running the country after that is the hard part.

Well, they can't be worse at it than Trump, I guess, but this post is still retarded.
>>
>>33684880
Are you fucking stupid? They don't control any of that.
>>
>>33684880
Stop being a fucking moron
>>
>>33684506
Generals used to have power. They are no different than the Lance corporals they boss around.

The only one that doesn't suck a dog's left nut is General Mattie. I actually know a guy who was on his PSD. He truly is a fucking badass.
>>
File: 1423158435809.jpg (75KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1423158435809.jpg
75KB, 720x960px
>there are actual adults in the US that think the military is just a bunch of robots who will attack their own country just because 1 president/general told them to
>>
>>33684880
>your orders are to nuke washington D.C, anon
>OH SHIT, COMING FROM A GENERAL I SURE WILL HAVE TO COMPLY

dumb fuck
>>
>>33685016
Stories please
>>
>>33685098
Well I was an e4, a corporal, a 4 year man. My buddy did 8 and ended as a Sgt.

He was assigned to general Mattis's personal security detail. As he said they were outside of baghdad and taking heavy fire.

He said general Mattis walked around as shit was exploding and pulled out his pistol. Then he shoved it in his cargo pocket, walked up to a full bird colonel and said "you better untuck this mess"
>>
>>33685231
*Unfuck this mess
>>
>>33685231
Pretty much how Generation Kill portrayed him so? I watched a ton of interview Mattis has done. He always seems calm but intense.
>>
>>33684945
>calls OP's post retarded
>still brings his retarded ideas to the table
And OP's the retard here. Can we focus on this dofus?
>>
>>33685253
That's a show on HBO. I don't have that.

But yeah, he's a character. Like I said, never met him. I did meet General Conway tho.
>>
>>33685309
What was he like?
>>
Lol. What retard would want to run this shit show?
Generals are smarter than politicians, they know they don't want any part of that debacle
>>
>>33685231
So he had absolutely nothing constructive to say and wanted to look like a hard ass while embarrassing a colonel in front of the men under his command? Sounds like a real leader.
>>
>>33685337
He came to Ubaydi, where we were stationed. Kind of annoying actually. I just got off guard duty, but they woke us all up, "oh my God, the Commandant"

You know the fucked up thing? They told us to bring our rifles, but not any bullets. They were worried some salty ass grunt might shoot him. In my opinion that's stupid, he's our leader WTF would you shoot him.
>>
>>33684506
This is the reason that adding a star on your shoulders requires Congressional approval. The US actually has really robust civilian control over the military.
>>
There's very little incentive for the average soldier to support a coup in the US.
>>
>>33685428
welcometothesaltfields.gif
>>
>>33684562

Underrated
>>
>>33684880
The president actually has control of the nukes.
>>
>>33684506
Extra hassle compared to just running as president as a war hero.

See Eisenhower.
>>
>>33684506
>generals
>they have the real power
top fucking kek, the people with the money have the real power. everyone in DC is influenced by whoever is paying them.
>>
>>33684506
Because most soldiers don't follow their generals to the point where they'd be willing to coup a semi working system. This isn't the middle east, quality of life is not bad enough for the generals to give promises of a better tomorrow .
>>
>>33684506
> defend the constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Some people still take their oaths seriously; they also tend to be the ones that believe in serving their nation, and somehow end up in the military.
>>
>>33685018
If a general did try this shit the first person to shoot him in the head would a nice medal
>>
cia will stob it
>>
A coup wouldn't go well

-soldiers wouldn't listen and even if they were "just following orders", civilian officials are higher on the military food chain

-heavily armed civil and police pop

-no state controlled media to manipulate events
>>
>He doesn't know how military coups and juntas work
Thanks OP
>>
>>33684506

They ARE the Feds.
>>
It's a question about the true nature of "power"

Check out dictator handbook on YouTube
>>
>>33684506

Read up on the Business Plot.

Also since the end of the Civil War military officer career tracks have been designed to prevent officers from establishing a strong enough bond with individual units that if the officer decides to take an action, say like participating in a coup, it's far less likely his entire unit will be more loyal to him than the civilian government.
>>
Since everybody is focused on the second question, most generals make between $115K and $154K annually, depending on exactly what rank of general they are. The fella in the picture used in the first post, General Mark Milley, is an outlier because he is also the chief of staff, he makes roughly $250K annually.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.