[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: The best all around EDC - How&What to carry and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 11

File: RevolverDebate.png (3MB, 1742x1307px) Image search: [Google]
RevolverDebate.png
3MB, 1742x1307px
ITT: The best all around EDC - How&What to carry and why?

Obviously the most practical CC is the one you will bring with you every day. That being said, inside the waistband in my opinion is uncomfortable and hard to forget about. No matter where the gun sits you will have pinch points, printing, and other uncomfortable settings. Another drawback is the two handed drawing (potential shirt untuck & unholster) or very slow one handedness.

Pocket carry has given me the most love, you tend to forget about it with relatively low printing whether it be shorts, T-Shirt, or shirtless.

Now, the other question is... Do we CC a Pistol or Revolver?

First and foremost a drawback to the revolver is capacity and reload time. We can only run 5-6 in a compact revolver. So unless you have a moonclip or speed loaders you may not keep the fight going or potentially have the firepower to suppress. In all honesty if we're carrying every day we don't want extra loaders in our pockets. That being said, if you do need that much ammo your strategy on using a conceal carry might be a bit iffy.

On the other hand a pistol is less reliable with a greater chance of jamming and catching a casing in the slide. We all know the debate of whether or not to chamber, or not to chamber and there are reasonable arguments on either side depending on the specific weapon but this also matters greatly for time to target. Grip also matters and can you hand an unracked weapon to a total noob?

I have carried compact H&K's Glocks, and snubnose airlights. Keep in mind this is an every day carry scenario, whether you're going to a wedding or hanging out at the beach. We're not looking for a specific occasion weapon, but the most well rounded EDC.

I believe it is a pocket carry snub nose revolver.
>>
File: revolverit.png (2MB, 1304x979px) Image search: [Google]
revolverit.png
2MB, 1304x979px
Revolver and holster of choice
>>
File: glock 19.jpg (126KB, 800x520px) Image search: [Google]
glock 19.jpg
126KB, 800x520px
I had to admit it, but yeah
>jack of all trades, master of none
which is what you want in a ccw, its just good enough if all fields that it fits all the bills perfectly
>light
>relativity cheap
>can be used or found anywhere, even in anti gun states
>perfect ratio of size to capacity
>probably the biggest aftermarket next to a 1911

granted, I can see it falling from grace in the next decade since everyone is copying them and will steal these basic prinicpals
>>
>>33685654
If you hate striker fired, there are some compact CZs (75D compact, P-01, P-06) that offer much the same size and capacity in DA/SA.
>>
File: chiappa white rhino.jpg (23KB, 531x371px) Image search: [Google]
chiappa white rhino.jpg
23KB, 531x371px
best edc
>>
File: RugerRedhawk357Mag-2.jpg (38KB, 478x394px) Image search: [Google]
RugerRedhawk357Mag-2.jpg
38KB, 478x394px
Heavy but 8 shots
>>
File: card02.jpg (45KB, 406x640px) Image search: [Google]
card02.jpg
45KB, 406x640px
>>33684110
related
but...
i find that carrying on myself to be a bit much as i'm never far from my car and almost everywhere i go is a no CCW location so i just keep it in my car
>>
The best EDC is one that fits well and you are confident you can draw and use in an emergency.
>>
>>33685963
You CC a squirrel?
>>
File: IMG_1311.jpg (909KB, 2278x2302px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1311.jpg
909KB, 2278x2302px
in for revolver
>>
>>33687104
Absolutely, it drives people nuts.
>>
Anyone cc a p-64? Thinking of getting one over a Shield
>>
File: Man Urin.png (3MB, 1593x1262px) Image search: [Google]
Man Urin.png
3MB, 1593x1262px
Picking up my Python and pic related tomorrow. Can´t wait.
>>
>>33688545
I thought those things ran for thousands of dollars nowadays.
>>
File: 139483627938.png (563KB, 569x802px) Image search: [Google]
139483627938.png
563KB, 569x802px
>>33685654
>jack of all trades, master of none
This is a vacuous statement. What are you even trying to say? Do you really want your ideal self-defense carry weapon to not be a master of its own niche as a self-defense carry weapon?

>light
Is that relative or absolute? Are all guns lighter than a Glock considered "light" and all guns heavier than Glocks considered "heavy"? Or are only guns holding 15+1 rounds of 9mm which are heavier than Glocks considered heavy? How much heavier is considered "heavy," and if the Glock were compared with another pistol holding the same amount of ammo that were the same amount of weight lighter, would the Glock be considered "heavy"?

>relativity cheap
Relative to what? The exchange rate of the dollar to other currencies? The spot price of an ounce of gold? To other handguns? Which other handguns? The ones that you personally can afford? The ones that the average gun owner can afford? How much is your life really worth?

>can be used or found anywhere, even in anti gun states
Why would that matter?

>perfect ratio of size to capacity
What does that mean? Define the "perfect ratio" so I'll be able to recognize it when I see it elsewhere, and once you're done defining it, if somebody were to make a gun that was smaller and held more ammo, would that make the Glock 19 obsolete? Why is that particular size and capacity considered "perfect" to you? Are you basing any of this on empirical research?

>probably the biggest aftermarket next to a 1911
Why does that matter? As long as magazines are out there in sufficient quantity that the average person can stock up on 5-10 of them when they first buy the gun, as long as you can find a holster for it in the style you like and sights in the style you like, why does it matter what other "aftermarket" there is for the gun? Why does it matter that some handgun doesn't have an "aftermarket" magazine release that's made of blue anodized aluminum, or an "aftermarket" grip plug available?
>>
>>33692289
Thank you for having the necessary autism to explain why he's an idiot, point by point.
>>
File: 1492473980698.png (701KB, 791x672px) Image search: [Google]
1492473980698.png
701KB, 791x672px
>>33688307
>going full retard
>ever
>>
>>33684110
>G26

/thread
>>
>>33685654
And before you spend an absurd amount of time typing up a lengthy reply to me, let me just make explicit that most of the questions in >>33692289 are rhetorical. They're designed to make you think, not to egg you into a lengthy internet debate wherein you try to think of a counterargument, point-by-point. There's an underlying argument to what I'm saying. You probably aren't thinking about carry guns in the same terms that I am.

My argument is that someone's ideal carry gun isn't the result of checking as many boxes as possible on a spreadsheet. There are a lot of things that go into this decision. Some are personal, like preferred carry style, maximum size of gun a given person can conceal, and perceived threat level of their everyday interaction (do you live in the 'hood of East St. Louis, or do you live in the rich, white suburbs of Draper, Utah?). Other reasons are objective, but these arbitrary limitations you are assigning, like availability of the guns or parts, affordability, relative specs and so forth are just that: relative. It shouldn't be inconceivable for a better gun to be found if these limitations were removed. There are also characteristics you are forgetting, like quality of trigger pull, ease of limp-wristing, uniformity of grip angle with your other handguns and qualities of the recoil impulse.

All I'm saying is that as far as CCW recommendations go, the Glock 19 is basic bitch level. Most people will prefer something slimmer or maybe something with a better trigger or different grip angle, even at the cost of additional weight or less capacity. Every gun is the result of compromises.
>>
>>33692317
>he's an idiot,
hes not, glock is un-ironically the best ccw. It might change in the next few years but you cant deny its greatness
im not even a big glock fan but carry one all the time
>>
>>33692464
>finger grooves that don't fit many people's finger size
>grip angle that makes the gun point differently from other guns you may own when you are drawing and point shooting
>mediocre trigger (Gen 4's are better than past Glocks, but it's not a great trigger, by any means)
>mediocre trigger ergonomics (minor, but a trigger that hurts many people's fingers will be less fun to practice with, not promoting proficiency)
>slide catch can be used as a slide release on small frame models, but harder to actuate on large frame Glocks (wtf?)
>easy to limp-wrist (you may never have limp-wristed your gun, but have you ever been in a life-or-death brawl with a bad guy where your grip on your gun was sub-optimal or your arm was injured?)
>magazine springs have "just enough" tension to feed the last round (they tend to be reliable, but it doesn't inspire a lot of confidence)
>recoil springs wear out relatively quickly

I mean, that's jut off the top of my head, but I can EASILY deny Glocks' supposed "greatness."

>>33692457
>specs and so forth are just that: relative.
Sorry, this was a typo. I meant to type "arbitrary," not "relative."
>>
>>33685840
Yankeemarshall/10
>>
In my opinion, Glock 19 AIWB w/ a Gadget SCD
>>33685654
>granted, I can see it falling from grace in the next decade since everyone is copying them and will steal these basic prinicpals

It's funny, no other company has managed to make a polymer striker gun that rivals the Glock 19's size efficient design.

Also ontop of that, it's really the only striker gun that can be completely detail stripped in a matter of minutes with nothing but a small pin punch and a rock. I doubt any company will come close to making a simple designed striker gun.
>>
>>33693244
>polymer striker gun
What's the point of these narrow criteria? The duty guns with the best triggers are all hammer-fired.

>it can be easily detail stripped with crude tools
That doesn't have any bearing on the gun's ability to protect your life when it counts, or to conceal or carry well. It's mainly a party trick you will never need to use.
>>
>>33684110

G26 in a galco shoulder holster, under the shirt. I need to have my shirt tucked in for work, I bend and crawl a load,
so I had to look at other options. I didn't like pocket carry cause I carry tools in them. Ankle carry was just shit to me. So tried out the shoulder holster under the shirt, even when my shirt is tucked in, I am able to grab and lift with my left hand, draw with my right, been having some good times (have not trained that much with this set up, I'm at 2.1 on my draw). Been doing this for about four months now and loving it.
>>
File: Da-Know-2.jpg (90KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Da-Know-2.jpg
90KB, 675x1200px
It really depends on your situation.

I'm innacity. When not driving, shoulder to shoulder on the streets.

CQC is a big possibility. Or needing to draw from a seated position.

This becomes hard to do with seatbelts for IWB, and hard to do with pockets sitting down.

So i tend to carry a .38 special revolver in my right jacket pocket. Easy to draw in any situation. Can even shoot from inside there. And the revolver keeps me from worrying about needing to tap rack and hope for a bang in a CQC situation where I was attacked suddenly which is what happens in crowded cities

If I am going to an area with high gang or nig nog activity, I'm ready to fight Cesar and all his fellow apes so I take muh glock 26. It's 10 round mag, and two spare 17 rounders
>>
>>33693408

Isn't it still painfully noticeable?

I have a G26 and a Galco holster, but I usually only carry that way when I'm going to be wearing a suit jacket to a formal event.

I can't imagine it would conceal at all in a polo or white dress shirt. You'll definitelt be able to tell you got something.
>>
>>33692464

The best CCW for semis I agree.

But overall? If your situation calls for revolvers then obviously it's not.
>>
>>33689570
I paid 490€ for it because the guy selling it was a retarded polack. It was even les when you consider it included a set of Nill-grips that go for 180€ new
>>
>>33694003
Lucky bastard.
>>
>>33685860

>tfw they only have this with the snubby 2 3/4" barrel and no 4 or 6"

Ruger makes quality revolvers at basically Taurus-tier prices.
>>
>>33693535

Not really. My arm covers it mostly. My shirt is not super tucked in, it's a relaxed tucked in. So it gives a lil extra fluff to disguise it. Plus I got my tool belt on too, so if any thing, people are more drawn to my belt and tools (01 Electrician)
>>
>>33693244
other have, or come very close,but glock just has the aftermarket that beats everyone
like thew sigp320, for all the hype it got about being able to chnage frames the frames themselves are (in my experience) hard to come buy and pretty Expensive, so you might as well just buy another gun
I need a new part for my glock? walk into the store and ive had the clerk literally take apart one on the shelf give me what I need and then go in the back and get a new part. Maybe in 10 years others will catch up but for now thats probably glocks biggest advantage IMO
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.