[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://lenta.ru/news/2017/04/15/ci rkon/ >Russia's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: pzgr_002.jpg (33KB, 450x270px) Image search: [Google]
pzgr_002.jpg
33KB, 450x270px
https://lenta.ru/news/2017/04/15/cirkon/

>Russia's new hypersonic anti-ship missiles "Zircon" in tests reached eight sound velocities. This Tass quoted a source in the military-industrial complex.

>"In the course of the missile tests, it was confirmed that her speed on the march reaches Mach 8" - a spokesman said. However, he did not specify when and with what platform launch was held.

Only Mach 8. China has made hypersonic missiles surpassing Mach 20. Russians should just buy Chinese.
>>
I thought we've done Mach 27 but weird shit starts happening so they slowed the other "vehicles" down below 20?
>>
>>33682277
This is russia, not the US.

Our Railguns can go fucking crazy fast, but yea things get a bit weird at those speeds.
>>
>>33682277 checked
>but weird shit starts happening
>>33683042
>but yea things get a bit weird at those speeds.
I've heard this from my brother in laws brother in law, a legit RD rocket scientist but he wouldn't get into specifics even though I asked a few times. What do you mean by weird?
>>
>>33683696
it's not weird, it's just that at those speed the missile gets so hot that after a while it melts / loose its shape. it wouldn't be such a problem if it wasn't moving a Mach 20+ but at those speed any bumps or crease big enough on the surface can deviate your ammunition, or worse it deviates it so fast that it just "tumbles" in mid air and loose any coherent shape. you have to understand that at those speed the air feels like concrete. imagine what would happen if you were driving at 120mph on a straight line and then suddenly turned your steering wheel to the right as far as you could.
>>
>>33682217
>>33682277
What anti-ship missiles fly at Mach 20/27?
>>
File: 1492249517182.jpg (101KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1492249517182.jpg
101KB, 500x501px
>mach 27
Sure. Totally plausible aside from the fact that air would literally liquify and then instantly turn to plasma in like 1000 cubic metres wherever it moves and the you would have to make a successful slingshot maneuver around the sun to get it up to those speeds. Also the fuel usage rate of around 10.000 litres per second and The manufacturing of the hull made of unobtaniun which requires the suns core as a smelter continue to be a problem
>>
>>33683738
>>33683755
The Chinese missile he is referring to is a ballistic missile, Zirkon is a cruise missile.
>>
File: well dome my good sir.jpg (31KB, 398x506px) Image search: [Google]
well dome my good sir.jpg
31KB, 398x506px
>>33683755
10/10, I enjoyed every single bit of this post. Brought me back to 2004 at least. Well done.
>>
>>33683786
That's what I thought.
>>
>>33683786
>The Chinese missile he is referring to is a ballistic missile

?????

That is the re-entry vehicle after using the orbit to increase velocity. Otherwise that is ICBM tier shit.
>>
Impressive

China truly is in the fore front of military development. They should be wary of Americans trying to steal the technology like what America did to Soviet Union.
>>
>>33683696
The guy that said it was a Lockheed engineer but that's about all he said. I think ablative coatings were being tested on it as well, but >>33683717 seems generally consistent with what he was getting at.
>>
File: juliusethelrosenberg.jpg (80KB, 645x501px) Image search: [Google]
juliusethelrosenberg.jpg
80KB, 645x501px
>>33684233
the toppest of keks

russia and china dont get high tech unless a jew sells them america's tech
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.