[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well since it's becoming clear that shit will go down with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: north korea.jpg (120KB, 992x558px) Image search: [Google]
north korea.jpg
120KB, 992x558px
Well since it's becoming clear that shit will go down with regards to NK, how would you do it?
>>
Make sure THAAD's up and running properly in South Korea.

Just happen to leave a few missile intercept systems lying around in Japan too. Or just help them develop an equivalent of their own, somewhat under the table.

Give Beijing a little hint that now might be a good time to finally get officially fed up with Kim. Leave them plenty of room to tell their home front how instrumental they were in taking down this dangerous madman.

Amass all the naval and air assets possible.

Then strike fats, strike HARD, and pray like hell you can blow up enough of their shit that Seoul makes it through relatively unharmed.

Forget to take THAAD with you home afterwards. Get a new Marshal plan going.
>>
>>33677463
Sounds like pretty much what's happening now
>>
See their strategy here

>>33677224

>>33677233

>>33677242
>>
>>33677394
Bomb the shit out of them
>>
>>33677463
Japan and us has a joint program for the SM-3 block ii and it's a hell of a missle.
>>
>>33677550
it's harder than it looks

US, Russia, China, France, and Israel are the only states to have built their own ICBMs. India is on the verge. NK, Iran, and Pakistan have been struggling with it for years tho.
>>
>>33677501
That sounds reasonable, but it's also assuming that the US/ROK would back off if enough civvies bite it.
The rhetoric now is that NK is a mad dog that needs to be put down. If that dog is more violent, it's not going to be more likely to be spared.
>>
Glass em
>>
>>33677576
There are rumors that Japan could do it in like one to two years if they were allowed too.

I always wondered if Japan had some secret military research facility they hide from everybody because I think even Japan knows they have a flawed Constitution.
>>
>>33677638
>I always wondered if Japan had some secret military research facility
Why wouldn't they?
If they get caught, what's the worst case scenario?
A sternly written letter?
>>
>>33677666
Well, I guess Japanese taxpayers would be pissed that they didn't know the reason why their taxes were getting higher.
>>
>>33677638
If they decide to get some new toys they'll just get them from across the Pacific.
>>
>>33677394

What little capability they have can be shut down via EMP and some hawkeyes

just roll in with food and watch the citizenry not give fucks about their dear leader in the face of meat and rice
>>
>>33677576
>>33677638
I wonder about Sweden. Not that it'd happen, but just out of curiosity. A decent amount of rocketry at Esrange Space Centre, and SAAB has some general missile experience.

>>33677689
Just hide it in the "caring for the elderly" budget.
>>
>>33677735
Now that I think about it, Abe did raise Japanese taxes and Japan did somehow shit out 2 "Helicopter Carriers" even though there really shouldn't be that much budget to build two carriers that fast.

Really makes you think about those Gundam Theories.
>>
>>33677732
We can't really EMP without nukes y'know and I'm pretty certain China would have something to say nukes on their doorstep.
>>
>>33677735
Sweden subscribes to the "If your enemy kills you, you win" philosophy though
>>
>>33677696
Isn't it expensive to keep buying stuff from America, though.

For some reason, Japan insists on making Japanese original guns for their defense force instead of buying American firearms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howa_Type_89

I am not speaking on practicality here but based on some stuff like pride, I can see Japan developing their own weapons in secret rather than relying on somebody else.
>>
>>33677732
Don't forget to wide band broadcast those 70 year overdue family reunions to the entire country.
>>
File: 1479754316895.jpg (113KB, 882x731px) Image search: [Google]
1479754316895.jpg
113KB, 882x731px
>>33677752

I have a buddy who works at Northrop (in a legitimately higher-up position) who says we have the capability (non-nuclear) so my speculation comes with the qualifier that I've fetishized whatever bullshit this guy has told me

>I just want to see it happen so bad
>>
>>33677777
>I can see Japan developing their own weapons in secret rather than relying on somebody else.
Nice Quints, damn

But yeah, it's not only just pride by safety too
America is an ally now. But perhaps not forever
And even if they remain an ally in any future conflict, they may not always be reachable
What if there's a Pacific blockade of some kind?

Safer to have experience and capability of developing and manufacturing your own shti
>>
File: JASDF_F15J(898)_(3512279060).jpg (1MB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
JASDF_F15J(898)_(3512279060).jpg
1MB, 3888x2592px
>>33677777
>Isn't it expensive to keep buying stuff from America, though.

There's always the "keep the commies in place" discount. Plus license building most of it.
>>
>>33677605
Still, the western media and poor publicity would put strain on Western Commanders to A. Finish it quick B. Ceasefire, thus letting DPRK still stand.

Gotta go hard and fast from go, to minimize civilian casualties in the south.
>>
>>33677855
This. They license a lot of Aircraft and such. Vastly cutting down cost of just buying everything from the US.
>>
>>33677752
Do you think China would accept a near-spaceburst nuke for an EMP?
>>
>>33677786
>talking about your friend disclosing secrets on a website closely watched by the government.

You are either stupid or lying. Probably both
>>
>>33677940

lel he's a fatty who has worked there for like 40 years and he stole my vitamins once

punishment fits the crime

sucks to be him m9
>>
>>33677915
>Do you think China would accept a near-spaceburst nuke for an EMP?
China would not accept any kind of nuke by anyone. Including NK.

They wouldn't respond with nukes but they'd be pissed and conventional response is not out of the question.

If NK nukes, China probably wouldn't shoot at them but they might sponsor a coup. And the nork generals that prevent a nuke from being detonated would be the ones China put in place afterwards.

>>33677752
>We can't really EMP without nukes y'know and I'm pretty certain China would have something to say nukes on their doorstep.
The 'really' is important there. Non-nuke EMPs are a thing, the navy has an island it uses for testing their EMP shielded electronics, the airforce parks planes on a runway next to the EMP too for the same purpose.

There's no evidence that the EMP has been weaponised though, it's just there on a tower. Probably no reason why it couldn't be put into a missile with a huge battery but I'm not sure the range on it makes it an effective weapon. It's about the size of a car and only has a range of a few hundred metres.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.