[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

France recently adopt the HK416, what does /k/ thinks if that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 414833P1060634.jpg (146KB, 800x604px) Image search: [Google]
414833P1060634.jpg
146KB, 800x604px
France recently adopt the HK416, what does /k/ thinks if that ? Should have they keeped the FAMAS or update it ?
>>
File: 1487256592500.jpg (423KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
1487256592500.jpg
423KB, 1280x854px
>>33677198
>Should have they keeped the FAMAS or update it ?

Dear god no, the thing was nice and all, but nowadays it is an antique, internals are complex and a pain to take care of, spare parts are overly rare and/or terribly overpriced by fucking Beretta , and it is simply and outdated design as a whole.

I'm just salty about our guys leaving the bullpup cool kids bandwagon, but other than that, between its ergonomics, larger mags, reliability, etc. it will allow our infantry to be much much more shooty.

Pic somewhat related, apparently from the evaluation of the VHS-2. I wish we got that sexy Helgan rifle.
>>
>>33677198
In 30 years no on except China and maybe Russia will not being using a AR type rifle.
>>
>>33677298
I bet China sooner or later replace its type 97 most likely with AR type rifle.
>>
sad to see it finally phased out. i think a lot of people like em because theyre pretty unique. Would be awesome if the french military somehow offered some stockpiles of them to the US commercial market, but i'm imagining they'll be mothballed for reserve units, etc. So that ain't gonna happen.
>>
>>33677298
I think in 30years will don't use "firepowered" gun. A new rifle technology era is comming
>>
>>33678055
But it will still be an AR
>>
>>33677198
>Reminder that the F3 ammunition was the first ever switch to brass cased cartridges.
>Reminder that it was ANDCOM ammo made in the U.A.E. It was out of spec, thus responsible for rupturing and hurting troops; establishing the steel case meme.
>Reminder that current issued F5 ammunition is British imported standard SS109 brass cased ammunition.
>>
>>33678055
And you're basing this on...?
>>
>>33678137
Well nothing, but time love fast and so on gun. And gun that shout without powder already exist. But After that us just speculation
>>
>>33677691
>Would be awesome if the french military somehow offered some stockpiles of them to the US commercial market

>thinking it would happen
>ever
lemme give you a little story
>france want to give guns to kurds in syria
>MAS36 and MAT49 a whole fucking boat of that with ammo
>kurds rejected and kept going on with AKs
>france, intead of returing those weapons to mil depot or selling them to civilians or african countries, dumped ALL OF IT in the mediteranean sea

france want to disarm their own country, you're seriously thinking they'll give you guns like that ?
>>
>>33678475
ummm, no i said it would be amazing but of course would never happen. Just pure fantasy/what if shiggles
>>
>>33677691
They will first go to the reservist units the french army is currently creating, but should be even there replaced at some point by HK416, so there won't be that many FAMAS bound for decommission in the short term.
>>
>>33677277
>helgast rifles
You don't even need to see their faces to know those guys are smug as all fuck.
>>
>>33677277
>internals are complex and a pain to take care of
Care to elaborate? The complexity is all contained in the firing control group module thingy which you wouldn't mess with anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmYUoG9S-y4
>>
File: CT-gU4UUsAApxrf.png (123KB, 600x573px) Image search: [Google]
CT-gU4UUsAApxrf.png
123KB, 600x573px
>>33678475
>france, intead of returing those weapons to mil depot or selling them to civilians or african countries, dumped ALL OF IT in the mediteranean sea
>>
>>33677198
The only thing I think is that HK started developping a new design (HK433) as soon as they got the money from France for their piston AR. Who is a good little cuckold?
>>
>>33678383
Is English not your first language?
>>
>>33677298
China already uses an AR pattern rifle with its special forces.
>>
>>33678102
The FAMAS was originally issued with brass ammo. The switch to steel case came very early after its entry in service.
The ammo that has been used in the last few years is M193 from a wide range of countries, the F5 ammo being only used in Minimis
>>
>>33677298
"Maybe" Russia? I have serious doubts they'd ever switch from an AK type rifle, and if they did, it'd be something else homemade.
>>
>>33680883
>HK developed the HK433 in 3-4 months
ya nah, you're retarded
>>
>>33680954
They're already bridging the gap, or at least attempting, with the AK12. They might homebrew a rifle, but it'll be an AR.
>>
>>33680883
Well yeah, Germany needs a cheaper rifle so they can continue supporting all their refugees
>>
>>33678383
>And gun that shout without powder already exist.

I highly doubt air rifles and gauss guns will replace firearms. Sure the materials will change, but the concepts will remain mostly unchanged for mainstay weaponry.
>>
File: 1336922415741.jpg (57KB, 930x634px) Image search: [Google]
1336922415741.jpg
57KB, 930x634px
>>33680929
No they don't. Some police units have Norinco CQs and that's about it.
>>
>>33678475
>dumped ALL OF IT in the Mediterranean sea
I'm not sure I believe that.
>>
>>33680968
You're an idiot. The AK-12 is still an AK style rifle, just with picatinny. The Russians will continue to use AKs for the foreseeable future. They have no reason not to.
>>
The disappearance of yet another bullpup from a military is a shame. I do really think they're the future and just have a lot of kinks that need smoothed out first.

>>33677277
>internals are complex and a pain to take care of

I used to think this too, but after actually watching someone take it apart and explain it (thank you based Ian) I'm not sure I agree with this anymore. It really doesn't seem all that complex, although I'm not sure how well it holds up under heavy use.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.