[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you have a universal carry license? Here's what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 12

File: 1491344320632.gif (1023KB, 235x368px) Image search: [Google]
1491344320632.gif
1023KB, 235x368px
How would you have a universal carry license?

Here's what I would do:

Federal Carry
>US citizen for longer than 2 years
>Strict, intended to be the highest standard and unquestionable
>Minimum age: 21 for civilians, 18 for police, military, firefighters concealed and everyone open.
>Annual competency tests including break down, reassembly, accuracy, speed, and under pressure. No exceptions. Must be able to hit within 2 inches at 15m.
>Psych/Mental health evaluation
>No violent felonies
>Must attend training course initially, refresher is part of the competency test (which is held at the end).

State Carry
>Up to the state. Intended to be determined individually.

Federal Carry overrides State Carry. If they cannot attain the high standard of Federal, the state may say that they cannot carry or provide standards they consider reasonable, but they must honor Federal if it's earned.

Abuse of Federal results in never being able to get one again. Forging one also permanently disqualifies. Impersonating police, firefighter, or military member permanently disqualifies from both Federal and State.
>>
>>33675149
Here's how you do universal carry:

Buy a gun. Carry it.
>>
>>33675163
Yeah, but a way to not get fucked in the ass when in a commie state and you get involved in a good shoot.
>>
Holy fuck /k/ is slow. What happened? I've been gone for a few years and this board's basically empty. Did they all migrate to another board?
>>
>>33675198
its a fucking stupid thread.

This is inherently a policy discussion, so people aren't rearing to debate autistic tendencies of others.
>>
>>33675269
I meant by how slowly it's moving to page 10, dipshit. Why would activity in my thread alone have anything to do with board speed? You've got the mannerisms of a yappy dog, you know that?

Just let it die, cunt.
>>
>>33675149
Should be treated like a drivers license. Each state has it's own rules, but all states must recognize other state's licenses.
>>
>>33675170
What you do to avoid being prosecuted for a good self defense shoot is to hang such politicians and judges off lamp posts because they're tyrants and you have no other alternativr
>>
>>33675282
That would open the door to other states with lax regulations being gone to. It wouldn't solve the issue we have now, where some states are constitutional like it should be and others don't recognize those states. It'd be the same problem with a new name, wouldn't it? That's where my thinking in regard to the Federal Carry license comes in.
>>
File: standards.png (24KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
standards.png
24KB, 500x283px
Here is the problem with what you are saying... no one cares enough to fix the state laws, why would that change when you have a fed law?
>>
>>33675994
I would hope that it would cause the normalization of firearms in regular society in addition to allowing responsible people that meet high standards to be able to carry anywhere and for these members to be from any state, and so the end result would be well-trained, morally and responsibility-indoctrinated, competent and knowledgeable people becoming the face of gun carriers. It would be a way to go over their head, not a consolidation of state laws.
>>
>>33675149

>>citizen for 2 yrs

Suck a dick faggot. Did lawful permanent residents make your butt chapped?
>>
>>33676120
This is for every single state to be overriden, not for the bottom line enforced state by state.

States with constitutional carry, for example, you wouldn't even need to bother same as always unless you wanted to go to California and tell them to suck your nuts.

Try reading a little more carefully, Paco.
>>
>>33675149
>21

So you're fucking over people that live in free states. Missouri you only have to be 19 to get a carry permit. We don't require you to be 21 for ALL handgun sales.

Also, take your mental health evaluations and shove them up your ass as well.

Last, take that US citizen shit and shove that up your ass as well. Permanent residents should be allowed to carry as well.

Basically, you just want more regulations when all that is really needed is a law forcing states to treat conceal carry permits like driver's licenses.
>>
>>33675198
No you just made a shitty thread in the middle of a workday.
>>
>>33676327
>So you're fucking over people that live in free states. Missouri you only have to be 19 to get a carry permit. We don't require you to be 21 for ALL handgun sales.
Then don't get one. Federal overrules state, not replaces it.

>Also, take your mental health evaluations and shove them up your ass as well.
No.

>Last, take that US citizen shit and shove that up your ass as well. Permanent residents should be allowed to carry as well.
Sure. I don't see why not. I still prefer a 2 year mark though.

>More regulations
Alternative, not more.

>>33676674
I left this thread alone for 3 hours and it's still up. Your post, the last one, was 2 hours ago. Compared to how /k/ used to be, this is S L O W buddy.
>>
>>33677580
>Also, take your mental health evaluations and shove them up your ass as well.
>No.

i see you want a slow but steady creep of "mental issues" to slowly disqualify everyone from purchasing firearms.

>sorry anon, your health screen questionnaire suggests you may have been depressed at some point. you'll have to get a physiologist exam before i can sell you this 10/22
>>
>>33677878
That part's hard for me to justify. It's definitely a legitimate concern. I wish I could say that we would police that, but look what happened with California and the Clinton AWB. In my inclusion, I am assuming it will not be abused. the potential for abuse is huge though.

What would be your alternative? Just scrap it entirely? Is "mental health" even a reliable thing regardless of context?
>>
SHALL
>>
Where the fuck is the obligatory SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED?
>>
>>33677896
repair the damage done to the mental health system in the 60s and only check gun buyers for outstanding arrest warrants.
>>
>>33677925
with an on-the-spot phone call to the local station.
>>
>>33677925
No other criteria? Why's that the only one? Genuinely asking, you wouldn't take it any further than that? What about someone with a prior murder charge who served his time?
>>
>>33675163
/thread

also, OP is a complete faggot.
>>
File: 1492298094264.jpg (95KB, 897x869px) Image search: [Google]
1492298094264.jpg
95KB, 897x869px
>>33677943
>>
File: 1467343270293.jpg (441KB, 1919x1279px) Image search: [Google]
1467343270293.jpg
441KB, 1919x1279px
>>33675149
How about

>'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'
>'shall not be infringed'
>SHALL NOT
>pass NICS
>buy gun
>carry gun
>fuck you, Commie
>>
>>33677938
if he's served his time and has no outstanding warrants, i see no problem. yeah it's a bit of a risk, but i don't trust a largely unaccountable organisation to have power over my rights and not abuse it. of course, i'm Australian and living on the other side of 'reasonable gun laws' where a mental health diagnosis strips you of the 'privilege' of owning a bolt action rifle.
>>
>>33678015
I'm down, but how are we gonna make that happen? You think revolution is likely in California? Do none of you understand the concept of victory by degrees, or are you content with dying the death of a thousand cuts?

>>33678019
There's an argument to be made for this. Completion of a rehabilitation program being a prerequisite would be my criteria for that. The percentage of the time that violent criminals remain violent criminals is high in the US. Addressing that concern would solve the issue of the other, although I'd say that there are crimes that should cause you to no longer have access to firearms legally such as murder except on a case by case basis. People do change, and making a good man go unarmed doesn't really help anyone at all. A time comes to mind, recently, where a thief saved a cop's life while he was having a heart attack by kicking at the door and hollering until someone came.
>>
>>33678019
Or we can kill the entire 'gun violence' and crime problem by handing out life sentences to all heinous violent crimes.

>murder
>rape
>child fuckers/pedos
>gang members
>terrorists
>active shooters/mass murderers
>cop killers
>domestic battery/DV
>human traffickers/slave owners

That'll kill 80%+ of the violent crime rate in the U.S. alone.
>>
File: 1475177383782.jpg (77KB, 384x480px) Image search: [Google]
1475177383782.jpg
77KB, 384x480px
>>33675149
>Minimum age: 21 for civilians, 18 for police, military, firefighters concealed and everyone open.
Fuck off with this two tiers of citizenship bullshit. Either everyone gets to carry at 18 or 21. Being a civil servant doesn't make you a better person.
>>
>>33675149
SHALL
NOT
BE
INFRINGED
Mental health requirements are bullshit as psychology is a soft science. Homosexuality was a mental illness people were committed for, was it right for their rights to be taken away. The only standard should be competency, the same standard applied to the elderly and children. If they cannot possibly sustain their own lives, that's all that matters.
>>
>>33678054
It's not two tiers of citizenship so much as the assurance that the individual is trusted enough and held to a high enough standard to override all state legislation on the matter because he has the license, otherwise he has to follow state as it is right now. If those people enter public service professions and want to add this to their services they render, which would be under the condition that they requalify annually, then they may. If they let it lapse, they go back to state. That was my thinking, initially.

>>33678060
>Mental health
Is there an alternative you can think of that accomplishes the spirit of it? I'm not hot on mental health and I'm not an advocate for it as a criteria, that was just me spitballing with meme arrows.
>>
>>33678036
A federal law that preempts all other jurisdictions, reminding everybody that the Constitution is FEDERAL/NATIONAL and no-one has the authority of usurp it. All municipal/county/state gun control laws are repealed, along with the NFA and other federal laws.

We keep the background check system in place and fix the problems with it:
>lack of reporting to the system (mandatory reporting to NICS within 24 hours of conviction/court order incl. determinations of mental defectives, orders of protection/restraining orders, criminal convictions)
>remove 'felony' as prohibited and change to 'all violent crime' (be it misdemeanor, felony, etc)
>>
>>33678077
Like I said, competency. When you are a child or a senile old man and your kids have to petition the state to take control of your assets you cannot buy a gun. There will be no gun-grabbing, you just cannot buy a new one. The state or federal government cannot require a test of your skill because that is a de facto registry. The only thing that I can see wiggle room on is for felons and that's only because of the prison-industrial complex having no interest in curbing recidivism.
>>
>>33678094
OP here, this is my favorite one yet. Is there a way to objectively and permanently refute California and other states' "interpretations?"

Bringing up the gatling gun and shit, that the FF intended military hardware be in the hands of the people and that they knew of fully automatic weapons when they made this determination would resolve intent, but how do we stop people from simply going "That's stupid."? Something like sanctuary cities, where if they don't cut that stupid shit out they stop receiving federal aid?

I like that.

>>33678115
"Recidivism," that's the word I couldn't remember. You're right about the test of skill, too. It smacks of the bullshit Cali did with the ammunition registry, now that you've brought it up.
>>
>>33678136
I also can see reason in the minimum duration as a citizen but the fact of the matter is that legally immigrating to the US is already an expensive, long endeavor. Anyone who goes through the process is proving their loyalty. The problem is that throughout our history we've always been bad about giving citizenship to squatters out of pity. We should absolutely never do that because it dilutes the value of citizenship and degrades the nation.
>>
>>33678184
That's a fuckin' stellar point and overturned that suggestion completely. You're just straight up right.
>>
>>33678115
>because of the prison-industrial complex having no interest in curbing recidivism.

Violent criminals can't be rehabilitated. Fix the education system to prevent new generations from being sucked into criminal behavior. Parents need to be held to higher standards when they fail to raise children correctly with a total lack of discipline or attentiveness to what their kids are doing. It also doesn't help we have a drug problem (send addicts to rehab, not prison, and decriminalize marijuana), a lack of mental healthcare access to people who need it (incompetent psych doctors throwing pills at people rather than trying to address their actual issues) and a cycle of urban/degenerate culture that brainwashes kids into hating cops, joining gangs, deadbeat dads/shit parents (see lack of parenting), etc. Its not a prison conspiracy as much as the utter failure of Democrat policies, weak laws/punishments and shit culture festering in shit communities.
>>
>>33678199
This is stellar. These points are great.
>>
File: 1327290628014.jpg (11KB, 251x243px) Image search: [Google]
1327290628014.jpg
11KB, 251x243px
>>33678136
>Something like sanctuary cities, where if they don't cut that stupid shit out they stop receiving federal aid?

The Feds go in and arrest those responsible for violating the 2nd Amendment for treason. The Constitution cannot be violated by anyone, ever.
>>
File: Letter opening.png (19KB, 634x152px) Image search: [Google]
Letter opening.png
19KB, 634x152px
The reason I brought all this shit up, btw, is because I intend to actually send a letter. I came here to get the enthusiast's point of view, and I'm glad I did. I got some valuable input and more than one critical correction. Pic related is the opening so far.

I need to revisit the proposal quite a bit. This is going to turn into a presentation on crime trends, mental health reforms, recidivism, etc. Gonna be long as shit.
>>
License issued by any state honored by any other state
EZ PZ
>>
>18 year old police officers
hahahahahaha did you even think before you wrote that?
>>
>>33678501
Read gooder.
>>
>>33675289
Agreed.
>>
>>33678341
Good on you, la. Making the first move to open communications between politicians and people can only help.
>>
>>33678660
Thanks man, just don't wanna fuck it up. I'm glad I came here first.
>>
>>33675149
Bond, James Bond .

Vodka Martini, shaken not stirred. (License to kill, nigga)
>>
File: 1491780838646.jpg (2MB, 10000x10000px) Image search: [Google]
1491780838646.jpg
2MB, 10000x10000px
>>33678695
>>
>>33675149
>federal overides state
>no option for EMT workers
>bullshit only Eurofags require like annual testing
>not just giving license to military members
>strict

Go back to Europe
>>
>>33678758
>federal overrides state
yeah
>no option for EMT workers
I've heard a lot of stories about EMT workers being dipshits and their school is very short. Additionally, they aren't in a position that even sort of lends to intervention, they pick up the pieces. They'd be able to get it at 21 like normal.
>annual testing is only for yuropeens
This was to make it so that any state that tries to say that there's question of their capability compared to "trained professionals" won't have a leg to stand on. Prove yourself and sharpen your skills while you're at it to shut those commie cunts up.
>Not just giving license to military members
It's all but and they can test for it at the earliest possible age. You ever actually served? I know a lot of people that need a lot of training before they'd be useful, females especially. A lot of Navy, their first and only time shooting was in boot camp.
>Strict
See >testing

>Go back to Europe
Eat a bullet.
>>
>>33675289
Seconded.
>>
If you guys have any suggestions for the letter, I'd love to hear them.
>>
File: 1465716714125.png (49KB, 207x155px) Image search: [Google]
1465716714125.png
49KB, 207x155px
>>33675149
>18 for police,

Stopped reading there.
>>
File: 1492179907898.jpg (33KB, 534x566px) Image search: [Google]
1492179907898.jpg
33KB, 534x566px
>>33679359
>>
>>33678827
>offers a draconian "plz gubberment insert dick into pooper" option
>surprised when people tell him to go back to yurop
no, really, go back to yurop
>>
File: 1488074276682.jpg (65KB, 489x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488074276682.jpg
65KB, 489x720px
>>33679798
>
Stopped reading there
>>
I've been reviewing this.

http://crimeresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/2015-Report-from-the-Crime-Prevention-Research-Center-Final.pdf

Constitutional Carry is now the primary focus of the letter.
>>
>>33675289
>defending your legal right to self-defense with murder
I think you're missing the point
>>
File: letter 2150.png (247KB, 1470x837px) Image search: [Google]
letter 2150.png
247KB, 1470x837px
This is what I've got so far.

TL;DR
Constitutional carry is where it's at, gun-grabbers are fucking stupid, bad information should be dispelled, and murder and gun restrictions seem to have an inversely proportional relationship if there is one to draw at all which flies directly in the face of statements made and sentiments expressed by "gun-grabbers."
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.