[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get into guns, but the form at the gun store says you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: high times.jpg (17KB, 200x275px) Image search: [Google]
high times.jpg
17KB, 200x275px
I want to get into guns, but the form at the gun store says you can't own them if you smoke pot. I live in Colorado and smoke pot all the time. Should I give it up marijuana or just lie on the form?
>>
>>33672303
Giving up pot is the only way to be on the good side of the law.

Sure, you're unlikely to be caught or prosecuted, but you /are/ committing a felony if you lie and say you don't use it, and a felony would mean no guns for the rest of your days.

Also

>Asking a Tibetan dish-washing forum if you should commit a felony.
>>
>>33672303
they don't do a drug test at your LGS, so if a guy didn't smell like pot or have blood shot eyes, they'd never know.

I don't recommend breaking the law, of course.
>>
>>33672303
The form asks if you are addicted to, or are an unlawful user of, MJ. None of those apply to you, don't worry about it.
>>
>he smokes the herbal jew
Whats wrong with you?
>>
>>33672371
It's still Federally illegal.

Let me quote the 4473.
>Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.
>>
>>33672303
If you're worried about smoking pot, you shouldn't be smoking pot.
>>
>>33672371
This has actually been clarified in a CA court case.

MJ use is always unlawful under fed. law, even if it is legal under state law and otherwise unenforced. Since it's unlawful under fed. law it's always unlawful everywhere under all circumstances. Therefore being an active user of makes you an unlawful user pot card or no pot card, stating otherwise on a 4473 is a crime.

CA was overjoyed with the ruling because it makes pot and gun ownership in theory mutually exclusive and it means the more they proliferate and encourage MJ use the more than can justify arresting people for owning guns or prohibiting people form buying them in the first place. Case and point, even though the MJ/grower cards info isn't shared with the feds the DOJ may potentially deny you on the state background check for having one because fuck you for wanting to own a gun. I've seen it happen twice when attempting to do a transfer.
>>
>>33672413
Lots of kommandos do. A surprising amount actually.
>>
>>33672303
I'd tell you to buy a firearm and then kill yourself with it for being a degenerate, but guns don't need more bad press.

so idk, hang yourself or something.
>>
>>33672371
>>33672443 this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supremacy_Clause

it's not legal til the federal government says so
>>
My friend was a fucking drug dealer and he passed the 4473 because he's never been caught.
>>
>>33672303
Why not both?
>>
>>33672488
>everyone else is doing it XD
>>
>>33672827
That wasn't his argument friend, just stating an observation. Not a user myself but I have tried it on a few occasions. Don't see the big deal either way. Not any worse than alcohol.

But, like alcohol, it becomes a problem when you make it a problem.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.