[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fired a gun for the first time yesterday afternoon after going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: we live on a strange planet.jpg (66KB, 437x437px) Image search: [Google]
we live on a strange planet.jpg
66KB, 437x437px
I fired a gun for the first time yesterday afternoon after going to the range with a friend and used his VP40. It felt incredible.
Honestly can't believe what I've been missing.

I finally understand /k/, you were right about everything.
>>
Just bought my first handgun at a gun show this weekend. FNS 9c. Feels great. Being a lefty sucks though. Options are slim.
>>
>>33670986
Nice, good for you. After shooting I've definitely decided that I will purchase a gun at some point. Just need to save some money first, but trying to figure out what a relatively inexpensive beginner's gun is what I;m trying to do now, and also what I'd be allowed to purchase in Massachusetts.
>>
>>33670906
>HK
>.40
It only gets better anon
>>
>>33671188

>new funs fan in mass.

Anon, I....... have some bad news about your shithole state.
>>
>>33671210
It's funny because the friend who owned it said it was a shit gun and a poor introduction but I told him that was alright since I had nothing to compare it to. We went with this other kid who had a newer version of it, I forget the model name though. Shot a lot better.

>>33671226
It's alright anon, once I'm done with Uni I won't be living there anymore. We can't even have firecrackers or even assisted opening knives for fucksake
>>
File: 1480098651405.png (62KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
1480098651405.png
62KB, 500x498px
>>33671210
What are you trying to imply? HK's go hand in hand with .40 S&W. While it not being as shootable as 9mm, it's still perfectly fine.
>>33671292
>It's funny because the friend who owned it said it was a shit gun

The HK VP9/40 is not shit. From an engineering and quality standpoint, it's a very good gun.
>>
File: 1482145999879.jpg (59KB, 896x921px) Image search: [Google]
1482145999879.jpg
59KB, 896x921px
>tfw I have always found shooting to be boring
>>
>>33671452
>The HK VP9/40 is not shit. From an engineering and quality standpoint, it's a very good gun.
Interesting. What do you mean when you say it's not as shootable? Just in terms of grouping or what? I couldn't aim for shit since I'd never even used a gun before so I think that's more on me than anything.
>>
>>33671481
>have a clear goal in mind
>buy a shot timer
>run a couple of drills
>track your progress
>use this as motivation to improve more and more

Suddenly, shooting is more fun and productive.
>>33671513
>What do you mean when you say it's not as shootable?

Guns in .40 generally recoil more than 9mm counterparts. You'll find that trying to put out accurate shots rapidly is more difficult with a .40 compared to a 9mm. This being said, the VP40 is purportedly very good at taming the recoil of .40 like most of HK's pistols that are designed from the ground up to shoot .40, the USP series being an example.

You're very very new to guns so it is absolutely you and not the gun. Modern service pistols are more than capable of making 3 inch groups at 25 yards with standard range ammo.

Anyone who says the VP9/40 sucks because of a perception of its lower price point being an indicator of quality is talking out of their ass. It's just as well engineered as the USP, P2000, P30 and HK45.
>>
>>33671452
>HK's go hand in hand with .40 S&W
Where the fuck do you live?
>>
>>33671584

>have a clear goal in mind
>buy a shot timer
>run a couple of drills
>track your progress
>use this as motivation to improve more and more

>Suddenly, shooting is more fun and productive.

Yeah I really don't care about any of that, and even if I did I have no range I could run drills at.
The only reason I collect firearms is their historical value.
I own 2 guns made after the second world war. One is a modern 1911, and the other is a VEPR AK.
And I'm already plenty happy with my shooting ability.
>>
>>33671584
cool, thanks for the info drop anon. I was actually just doing a little research and stumbled upon this interesting article. It's a medical examiner and surgeon who treats a fuckload of gunshot wounds evaluating the FBI's decision to reverse their mid 80's switch from 9mm to .40 ammo as standard issue, and what went into that decision. Interesting stuff.

http://www.policemag.com/channel/weapons/articles/2016/01/9mm-vs-40-caliber.aspx
>>
I shot my first gun at 17. Being from a super anti-gun family i was kind of scared, to defy them My friends dad who took us to the middle of the woods let me use his 9mm Glock and looked me in the eye and old me to stop being a pussy. I leveled that shit and pulled the trigger and holy shit it popped my firearm cherry. Since then i always carry one every where i go
>>
>>33671720
Sort of my situation. Like I said before, I'm a Commiechusetts native, grew up in a turbo-liberal boston family. I told my sister via text and the first thing she asked me "OMG are you okay?!" It's crazy.
Right now I'm living for a little while in Vermont, so even up here in the liberal bubble of Burlington there are plenty of people with guns.
The guy who I went with said that I looked like I knew what I was doing because I was able to keep the thing still and level and didn't wince at all so there's that.
>>
>I finally understand /k/, you were right about everything.
That's what we've been trying to tell you.
Now go and shoot a few of each broad type of gun. Semiauto pistol, Revolver, Bolt action rifle, lever action, semiauto, pump, break action.
Then try to find some less common stuff, like rolling block and falling block.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.