[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm saving up all my 22lr duds and am going to pull the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 22dud.jpg (96KB, 1024x753px) Image search: [Google]
22dud.jpg
96KB, 1024x753px
I'm saving up all my 22lr duds and am going to pull the lead out to make homemade buckshot

Predictions?
>>
It'll be like shitty buckshot.
>>
>>33667865
It will work.
>>
>>33667948
No shit, it's hunks of lead.

What other prediction do you need OP?
>>
>>33667865
how about instead you send them back to the manufacturer with a complaint letter and get a free brick instead
>>
What kind of shell are you putting it in?
>>
>>33667982
Keyholing, drag, weird flight because they're not spherical etc.
>>33667994
3" turkey mag
>>
>save thousands of duds
>melt the bullets down into one big lead brick
>sell for scrap
>>
>>33668053
If I were going to go to that trouble I'd get a Lyman sabot slug mold and make my own slugs. I've got a ridiculous amount of turkey shot laying around that I'm never going to use
>>
>>33667865
I go to Maker Faire every year, and there's an old joke among the DIY types you'll find there about how what they do amounts to building for $30 and a few days' worth of effort what they could just buy for five bucks at Walmart. With that in mind: What is the purpose of this? It's not like professionally-made, factory-produced buckshot rounds are *that* expensive. What's the point?
>>
>>33668017
Why wouldn't they be spherical? All he has to do is find a spherical mold. Also, it's buckshot, not a rifle bullet. It doesn't have to have perfect ballistics out of the barrel of a shotgun.
>>
>>33667865
Why go through all that when fishing weights exist?

Also, how often are you people getting duds? I MIGHT get one in a 550-brick of Federal. Never gotten the mythical Minimag dud in OP's pic.
>>
>>33668831
Yup ditto here. Haven't had a dud in pistol or rifles in thousands of rounds over the past few years. CCI SV, Remington Subsonic, Gemtech Silencer Subsonic, Fiocchi, CCI Quiet, Federal bulk... if my guns are doing their job, and I keep them clean, .22lr has been as reliable as any decent centerfire ammo. Heck, even my pen guns always fire just fine.
>>
File: IMG_5124.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5124.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Ci Quiet.
2500 rounds last weekend, not one dud.

Half a bucket of scrap lead taken for recycling from the same shoot.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>33669877
Most of the lead looked like this.
>>
>>33667865
Fit as many of them in a 12 gauge shell.

Not like I'm endorsing murder or anything, but that would confuse the hell out of a forensic examiner.
>>
>>33669877
I made the mistake of picking up the Ci 1500fps stuff, and it's garbage. Fired reliable out of my 10/22 was was a 2 foot spread at 100 yards. Jammed my father's Mk IV with FTF and extraction issues.
>>
>>33669877
What do you do with all of those empty .22 cases?
>>
>>33670036
I assume he recycles them or sells for scrap.
>>
>>33667865
Just load a shell with live .22 short.
>>
>all my 22lr duds
Why didn't you just call it Remington Thunderbolts?
>>
>>33670036
When I have enough to smelt, it gets made into an ingot and I sell it to the hippies as "natural, hand made brass for decorations"

God they are dumb. It must be the pot they smoke all the time.
>>
>>33670658
>When I have enough to smelt, it gets made into an ingot and I sell it to the hippies as "natural, hand made brass for decorations"
>Hippie trinkets everywhere are made with used recycled baby-killing assault boolets
>They think it's cruelty-free fair trade certified non-GMO organic brass
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.