[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is 3 gun still a thing? Why hasn't 2 gun become more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

Why is 3 gun still a thing? Why hasn't 2 gun become more of the norm? It seems like it's pretty hard to find 2 gun competitions. The shotgun is more of a specialty tool. When I deployed, it was used for non lethal rounds for all of two months and then it was taken away as it didn't serve a purpose for us. Sat in the armory for the rest of the deployment.
>>
>>33667017
Because it's fun.
>>
>>33667017

i've never seen units with shotguns that had stocks on them, most of them were short barrel mossberg 590s for breaching purposes if i had to guess

pistol, rifle, and backpack shotgun is a pretty good combo imo
>>
Because it's a sport. Not everything you do in life has to be through the filter of tacticoolness. You might be shocked to learn this, but you can shoot 3gun not wearing a plate carrier and helmet too.
>>
>>33667017
Because 3 gun is a lot more fun.

I hear the 3gn brand is going to start other competitions like precision rifle. Maybe 2 gun will be on the table.
>>
Because shotguns take a lot of skill and practice to load. They're fun as fuck, too.

And they may not be the most practical option in a military sense where engagement distance will vary, in the civilian world where most of the time you use a long gun it's going to be at a very short range in comparison, so shotguns are still very viable. 9 .33 caliber projectiles going at around 1200-1500 fps per trigger pull will fuck someone up really good if you hit center mass, so a lot of people keep them handy even when they have rifles.

Keep in mind 3 Gun is a SPORT. Not real life practice. To play a game, you have to have the equipment. Sure a lot of the skills of 3 gun will roll over to real life, it's more focused on speed and moving to the next set or targets.
>>
>>33667017
Also if you want something realistic or with "purpose" it would just be 1 gun.

Unless you want to cosplay as a team guy like everyone else on this fucking board does.
>>
>>33667017

>Why hasn't 2 gun become more of the norm?

No fucking clue. I stopped caring and left the local club I was with because all they wanted to do was 3 gun and I'm not spending more than $500 on a shotgun just to casually compete with it. The only exception to this would be a benelli m4 converted back to proper m1014 configuration but they also banned the use of collapsing stocks for shotguns AT THE WHOLE FACILITY. Took my money to another club after that bullshit.
>>
>>33667870
Pistol grip shotguns are less competitive than traditional ones due to the modern loading methods unless you're in open and have a mag fed one.

You sound whiny, though. I bet you console yourself when you lose a match that your slavshit chest rig is infinitely more tactical than a Safariland ELS rig.
>>
File: tmpxjG5Ws.jpg (51KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
tmpxjG5Ws.jpg
51KB, 640x640px
>>33668085
A range banning collapsible stocks is pretty fucking gay tho.
>>
>>33667017
>The shotgun is more of a specialty tool

Fuck no but 5.56 is
>>
>>33667217
>And they may not be the most practical option in a military sense

What is a trench, what is fiba

They are a good tool for many jobs and have been used as such by militarizes worldwide, they are also extremely effective in close jungle.
>>
>>33668085

I don't own a chest rig, I shot everything off a belt, and I have no idea why you're so unsettled that you feel the need to lash out at strangers because of it. Weirdo.
>>
>>33668611
The extremely long reload time on a shotgun makes them inferior to submachine guns in all but a few niche applications, like door breaching.
>>
>>33668085

>Pistol grip shotguns are less competitive than traditional ones

Holy shit what a goober.
>>
>>33668648
Why aren't box magazine fed shotguns more common?
>>
>>33668769
Plastic shells tend to go out of round when stored in the mags for any extended period of time.
>>
>>33668769
Very bulky magazines and finicky reliability. It's easy to tuck individual shells anywhere you need them to go (the carriers on the sides of shotguns, in loops on a chest rig, etc.), but magazines add extra bulk and weight to an already bulky and heavy round. A 5-round 12-gauge magazine is about as big as a 30-round 5.56mm magazine. Plus, even on guns like the Saiga-12, it's difficult to get the magazines working reliably (though, to be fair, the Saiga throws semi-automatic operation into the mix.)
>>
>I want a realistic sportive competition!
Would you like me to bring some 5 guys with all of them shooting at my targets and making us finish the course very fast? Because that is more close to being tactical than your 2gun proposal.

It is sport, you autist.
>>
>>33668652

Load2/4 is much more difficult when you have to work around a pistol grip. There is simply no faster way to reload shells into a tube magazine. That is why everybody shoots traditional stock shotguns.
>>
>>33667870
I'm kinda with this guy. I want to have some fun and shoot my rifle competitively, but I don't want to dish out several hundred dollars for a shotgun, plus gear for said shotgun, and have to figure in a third type of ammo as well.

I get that it's a sport, but I figure clubs would get a lot more revenue and members of they started doing more 2 gun. Then, if you want more of a challenge, then go to three gun.

Otherwise, you're options are, pistol shooting, then straight into 3 gun. You're going from 1 pistol, too having to operate 3 different weapons platforms in a small amount of time. Kinda seems counterintuitive to me. It's like the equivalent to going from crawling straight into running and bypassing walking.
>>
>>33668957

There are rifle and shotgun only matches, and you can shoot USPSA as pistol caliber carbine (so basically a rifle).

I love shotgun in 3gun, yet I spend my time shooting USPSA pistol. You're just whiny. Go out and shoot, and if it burns your chaps, set up your own super tactical match.
>>
>>33669039
Easier said than done.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.