[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think a machine pistol, like a Glock-18 would should be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

Do you think a machine pistol, like a Glock-18 would should be widely available for self defense?
>inb4 SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
I haven't used one, but from videos and articles what I can tell is they're fairly accurate at short ranged with limited practice.
>>
They were legal and widely available until the 80s.
>>
>>33664905
Ordinary citizens should not have unregulated access to fully automatic weapons. Deal with it
>>
>>33664915

They had until 1934.

also

SHALL
>>
>>33664915
>deal with it
mate I'm just asking why you feel one way or another, I really don't care about one anonymous person's opinion on the matter
>>
>>33664915
Dumb faggots should not have unregulated access to the internet either yet here you are.
>>
>>33664909
>>33664936
I doubt they were used much, also we had fewer n*ggers then
>>
>>33664960
You seem upset
>>
File: CJQyZ2EWoAA3lGl.png (163KB, 377x305px) Image search: [Google]
CJQyZ2EWoAA3lGl.png
163KB, 377x305px
>>33664915
>>
>>33664915
Why?

Also your post implies there is something other than an "ordinary citizen", so please expand on that.
>>
>>33664905
>Do you think a machine pistol, like a Glock-18 would should be widely available for self defense?

Yes.

>I haven't used one, but from videos and articles what I can tell is they're fairly accurate at short ranged with limited practice.

Just like their semi-automatic equivalents. I believe that people should be able to own automatic weapons but frankly if you're trying to talk yourself into thinking that it's practical then you're deluding yourself.
>>
>>33664946
its also the opinion of the people in charge of regulating automatic weapons>>33665000
>>
>>33665003
which would you rather have, a select fire glock-17 or a semi-automatic? most times you'd have to defend yourself you'd be only a few yards away from the guy, so I bet it would be more effective than a semi-auto variant
>>
>>33665048
>which would you rather have

Semi-automatic.

>I bet

Yeah I'm sure.

Sorry not sorry dude but you seem noguns as fuck.
>>
>>33665097
alright, you still haven't given a single argument as to why I'm wrong. I really don't see why that would be the case. I don't know much about machine pistols or any machine guns, so of course I'm not very knowledgeable on the subject
>>
>>33664915
honestly, why? what makes full auto any more dangerous than semi? In fact, semi may be more practical for almost every situation other than suppression, and even then you can use a semi auto for that if you run the trigger fast
>>
>>33665097
2>1
>>
File: 1491113246498.png (197KB, 294x256px) Image search: [Google]
1491113246498.png
197KB, 294x256px
>>33664915
>>
>>33665142
If you have to ask you aren't going to understand. If you have ever been on the receiving end of a large caliber machine gun, you would most likely understand. You can thank me for my service exactly 2 times
>>
>>33665119
>you still haven't given a single argument as to why I'm wrong

Your argument as to why you're right is "I bet things work this way," and frankly that's not worth much effort.

>I don't know much about machine pistols or any machine guns

Gee, you don't say.

Tell me why the US has moved away from giving automatic weapons for every soldier if it's the best thing ever. While we're at it, tell me why cops don't carry G18s.

>>33665168
OK.

If you have any real point feel free to present it in real English.
>>
>>33665097
>>33665119
>>33665168
And the elitist goes quiet
>>
>>33665194
not him, but the point of CCing is to stop the threat, and to do that, generally speaking, you need fire dominance.
the more lead you can put in a motherfucker in the shortest time possible, the better.
with that in mind, I can see how a machine pistol would be pretty nice for CC. now, you'd still need to train and all that good shit, but i'd wager that having a bullet hose is nice at ~20ft or less range when put against jamal. same reason they use SMGs.
>>
>>33665192

So you're one of those faggots who likes to think of themselves as above your average Joe just because you were in the military and as such should have exclusive access to all the fun shit? Do you honestly believe that your average Joe who likely uses a car on a regular basis is too irresponsible to handle machine guns as well? Or do you think ghetto trash can actually afford them and will cause massive collateral damage? Honestly you sound like an overbearing cunt with a superiority complex.
>>
>>33665235
>not him, but the point of CCing is to stop the threat, and to do that, generally speaking, you need fire dominance.

No, you don't. Someone could come at you with a Coonan 1911 in .357 magnum with a capacity of 7+1 or so and it would be entirely possible to win that firefight with a 1911 of the same capacity in .45. If anything's going to decide that fight it's who has their gun in their hand first, and this is the case in most firefights.

Having a Sig Legion in your waistband doesn't mean dick if some nignog with a .380 Hi-Point shoots you first.
>>
>>33665321
I don't think that at all. I don't think military should be aloud to own personal automatic weapons. When did I say that?
>>
File: Wonka condescending to ants.jpg (3KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
Wonka condescending to ants.jpg
3KB, 100x100px
@33665218
I hope you're talking about the 2nd and 3rd posts that you linked, because otherwise you might look like a retard.
>>
>>33665192
>If you have to ask you aren't going to understand
translates to
>I can't explain my viewpoints and have no actual argument
>>
>>33665218
I forgot about this thread, my whole life isn't just browsing /k/ eagerly waiting for someone to respond to my post
>>
>>33665366
Okay, but that's not really an argument against full auto pistols, more of an argument about really caring about your choice of CC.
>>
>>33666589
>that's not really an argument against full auto pistols

It wasn't meant to be an argument against automatic pistols, it was a counterpoint to what I thought was a bad argument.

Can I take this as a tacit admission that you're incapable of answering the questions I asked?
>>
>>33666682
that wasn't me, but I'd wager it's mostly because they're not good enough to justify the higher cost, but if that's the only reason then that doesn't matter for an individual who doesn't really care about cost as long as it's the best
>>
File: simon-rolls-eyes.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
simon-rolls-eyes.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
>>33666972
>I'd wager
>>
>>33665421

>@33665218

You sound like a fag.
>>
>>33665194
>what is the m4a1
>>
>>33667399
A relatively recent meme being sold on the word of the people who manufacture the damn things.
>>
>>33667041
okay, I'd bet, sorry for using a phrase you don't particularly like
>>
>>33664915

Get fucked feinstein, take your b8 with you.
>>
>>33665192
I mean that 2 options (semi and full) are better than 1 (semi)
>>
>>33664905
A three-round burst Glock 23 would be an amazing CCW gun.
>>
>>33664915
Faggots like you should not have unregulated access to the Internet.
>>
>>33664905
If they're so inefficient, then what's the problem with owning them?
>>
>>33664905

burst fire machine pistol for EDC when

think G19 except only can fire 2 or 3 round bursts. Hnnnnnnnn
>>
>>33664915
you triggered all these other dipshits

not me

you fucking bong
>>
>>33664905
For most people owning a fully-automatic firearm would probably be of little practical value since it would chew through ammunition and do little else. Would be great fun and I don't think we should stop people if there's no compelling reason not to.

that said if a machine pistol like a Glock 18C were widely available we'd see the same kinds of dudebros who try to one-hand .44+ revolvers so they can prove their manliness or put such guns in the hands of really inexperienced shooters doing the same with a gun that can genuinely run away and kill either to shooter or a bystander.
I would NOT want to be on a range when one of those meatheads tries to show off to his friends or plants such a gun in his GF's hand with a 32 round mag and the giggle switch engaged.

Or worse yet imagine one of my idiot neighbors mag-dumping an AK or a battle rifle in an HD scenario and taking me out from across the street by accident.

For this reason I think there should be some kind of barrier to entry for acquiring FA firearms. Yeah the '86 FOPA is a near-prohibition and is bullshit, but if there is at least some kind of paperwork process or some way to verify that a prospective buyer of FA firearms is an experienced shooter who takes safety seriously and understands the specific risks involved in using them. In fact, considering how many up-gunned idiots I've seen on the range doing dangerous shit I would understand at least a shall-issue training requirement to own firearms in general.
>>
>>33664905
should they be unavailable? no

are they unwieldy and I something I wouldn't use? yes
>>
>>33664905
if you want to waste ammo, just use a bump stick or one of those "destructive" shoelaces
>>
>>33671874
I'm saying they seem fairly efficient if you have the money and can train with it, and a n*gro randomly shooting 15-18 shots seems a lot more dangerous than him randomly shooting just a few shots
>>
>>33665048
I would rather have a full-fun klobb. I mean if we are talking about controlibility, a metal framed 32acp pistol would fit the bill imo. That and it was built as a machine pistol, not modified to add it in. Also, despite the caliber difference, 20 rounds of anything at ~1000 rpm ain't nothing to fuck with.
>>
>>33667573
I don't particularly care how you communicate the information that you're a dingus.
>>
man /k/ is shit, I ask a pretty simple question to you guys and you act like you know so much more than me, yet refuse to answer
>>
>>33675597
Welcome newfriend.
Were you expecting anything else?
>>
>>33664905
Meh, you should have acces to it but using it for self defense is retarded.

You need to realise that you are responsible for every shot you release so when firing a G18 at 1200 rpm it's completely impossible to be certain to hit your target.

The only use I see is for a mob of attackers, just hold it sideways gangsta style and try to keep it level and in the general direction of the mob. If after the first 33 rounds people are still charging you I hope you worked on your speed reloads.
And you shouldn't have pissed off a hundred people anyways.
>>
>>33675597
You open the thread with a tired /pol/ meme and and overly restricted premise.

And a question which is equal parts law and tactics. Fuck off.
>>
>>33676579
>a short burst of automatic fire
>less accurate than firing off several rounds with individual trigger pulls
>hurr but wut if you get robbed at the puppy convention on orphan day and shoot into the crowd I'm totally not a strawmanning faggot pretending muggings happen where people are.

>wut iz home defense u don't need that t. nogunz cuck
a stocked beretta 93 with glaser safety slugs would be an ideal home defense weapon
>>
>>33664963
> overt racism in his post
> he censors the word nigger
>> there were fewer niggers back then
wew

>>33664905
I won't even carry FMJs because there is a much greater chance of the round traveling through and killing somebody I didn't want to shoot.

And you're trying to sell me a gun that dumps entire magazines at once? Why would I sacrifice control?
>>
>>33676598
okay redditor, how should I phrase my question that I have?
>>
>>33676701
from my knowledge, most violent crime against an individual takes place with no/few witnesses.

I'm not trying to sell you anything, I was just asking if they would be good for self defense, and if they would also be too dangerous in the hands of criminals
>>
>>33664905
I shot one. It's like anyone could imagine, you can't hit anything unless your target is standing a meter away from you
>>
>>33676550
no lol, /k/ is and has always been shit
>>
File: 81c.jpg (32KB, 582x326px) Image search: [Google]
81c.jpg
32KB, 582x326px
>dark alleyway at 12:36 AM
>the only light coming into the alley is the light from the street it leads into
>a dark dressed man comes walking into the alley from the street
>his walking speed accelerates, hands go into jacket pocket, aggressive body language
>you slow down and assess the situation
>all you know is that there's a dude walking towards you in a dark alley and he looks jumpy
>"gimmie your phone and your wallet or you're fucking dead"
>his arm goes up and you think you can make out a gun in the darkness
>heart is now pounding
>adrenaline coursing through your veins
>you draw under the guise of getting your wallet out and start firing at him as fast as you can

Now, there's two things that can happen
you can:
>draw your semi automatic handgun and try to shoot at center mass as fast as you possibly can
or maybe you'd:
>draw your fully automatic handgun and try to keep it steady on him as you magdump

Personally, I get very shaky when I'm scared. I'd be unable to shoot accurately, so I think I'd have better luck trying to shoot faster than more precise. What do you anons think? faster firing or more precision.
>>
>>33678443
as a /nevertrained/ the two seem equivalent to me: one shot max hitting the target and bullets flying everywhere.
>>
>>33678489
[spoiler]the only thing I've fired that is legally a firearm in at least one country is a pellet gun[/spoiler]
>>
If the NFA was off the table, and price wasn't an issue, there would be no reason to pick a Glock 18 over an MP5 for full auto machine pistols.

What exactly is the practical application of the G18 anyway?
>>
>>33664915
KEK. I love how all these bubbas are SO fucking triggered by this. Good bait mate! Love it!
>>
This probably isnt the place but does anyone have experience with the giggleswitches that replace the backplate. Someone in an old thread said they were all garbage but it 404d before he could explain why
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.