[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm sure I'm going to get laughed out of /k/, but I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: sig_p320[1].jpg (292KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
sig_p320[1].jpg
292KB, 1000x750px
I'm sure I'm going to get laughed out of /k/, but I figured it was worth asking.

Got my first firearm ever earlier this year, the SIG P320 in 9mm. I'd like to get something else, but the range by me only allows pistol calibers. Is the .357SIG conversion kit worth it or should I just get a second handgun altogether?

Also, is a SIG Romeo 1 worth getting? My eyes have trouble focusing on the target and the sight, so an RDS would help.

Thanks.
>>
What do you want it for, just for plinking at the range or what?

Also Sig optics a shit, do not buy.
>>
>>33661091
Yeah, just plinking at the range. I got a box of JHP in case I ever need to use it to protect myself (God forbid).
>>
>>33661097
What's your budget
>>
The modularity of the P320 is better being used to change between grip size IMO. Caliber conversions are sort of dumb considering the price of the kits.
>>
>>33661106
The .357SIG kit is $300. I've got a budget of around $600, so I was wondering if I should get the conversion and a Romeo (or other RDS), or get something different altogether. I've enjoyed shooting .45ACP, but I'm terrible at it.
>>
Most people who buy caliber conversions for any gun barely use them, especially if it's a snowflake gainer like .357 sig. I'd get a second gun or just get a compact frame or something.
>>
>>33661117
Do you want a new caliber or just something new to shoot? There are plenty of options in your budget that are also in 9mm for convenience
>>
>>33661111
>Caliber conversions are sort of dumb considering the price of the kits
That's what I was hoping to learn. Thanks!

>>33661132
I'd like a new caliber for now. I figure I should get really comfortable with the 9mm I have before getting something else.
>>
>>33661152
>I'd like a new caliber for now.
In your budget:

RIA/Auto Ordnance 1911 - .45 ACP - Cheap and reliable, plus the 1911 is known to be enjoyable to shoot while handling the recoil of .45 well

S&W SD40VE - .40 S&W - Cheap (usually $300ish) Glock clone that shoots reliably while having slightly less recoil than .45 if you'd prefer. Also comes in 9mm alternatively.

There are other options similarly priced, but both of these leave enough extra from your budget to buy rounds in the new caliber.
>>
>>33661180
Thank you for the suggestions!

I noticed that the RIA/Auto Ordnance 1911s are around half the cost of other 1911s. Is there a reason why? I'd rather not get something that ends up giving me problems.
>>
>>33661200
They're made overseas and the finish isn't as nice as other higher end 1911s, however they run exactly how they're supposed to without issues. Since 1911s are an old and popular design, there's a wide array of manufacturers available with varying levels of quality (e.g. custom 1911s costing multi thousands of dollars).

RIAs/Auto Ordnance aren't pretty or as perfect as they could be, but they still shoot well and do the design justice.
>>
>>33661238
Fair enough. I'm still learning, so I think I'll look into one of those since I want to get used to the shock of a gunshot and not flinch as much. My followup shots have suffered because of that.

I appreciate all the help!
>>
>>33661084
I would build a Colt SMG clone.
>>
Oh, one more question (if you're still here). Is it worth getting a red dot for a handgun? Considering the range I go to is 25 yards, is that a waste of time?
>>
>>33661247
No problem. One note though: if you're still practicing the basics like not flinching, handling a gun properly, etc, I'd honestly just stick with 9mm. It's the lightest shooting of the between 9mm/.40/.45, meaning it's the easiest to learn on and control, plus it's the cheapest of the three significantly.

If you're open to sticking to 9mm and just want something new to shoot, look at a Beretta 92FS. They can be found in your budget, are a well regarded design, and gives you a full size handgun that also allows you to practice DA and SA in 9mm like your Sig.
>>33661279
It's not worth it at your skill level at that range. Work on getting comfortable with shooting in general, then get good with irons. RDSs are more suited for speed shooting for faster target acquisition, like in competition, which isn't something you're doing. Practice with your irons and you won't feel the need for an RDS soon enough.
>>
>>33661293
Thank you again!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.