[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shock horror - North Korea fails once again to intimidate th

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: download (8).jpg (14KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (8).jpg
14KB, 300x168px
Shock horror - North Korea fails once again to intimidate the west
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-39612095
Could this be the final straw though?
Will this string of failures continue if a war does occur?
>>
File: north korea anime girl.png (785KB, 905x749px) Image search: [Google]
north korea anime girl.png
785KB, 905x749px
Leave North Korea-chan alone. She's doing her best.
>>
>>33656932
If you can't do something right without pressure, chances are you will ruin it even worse under the intense pressure of war.
>>
File: nork subs.jpg (230KB, 1458x1329px) Image search: [Google]
nork subs.jpg
230KB, 1458x1329px
>>33656932
>near Sinpo

Probably something to do with their ballistic missile sub program. It's a shame, I thought those missiles were coming along rather well.

>https://youtu.be/0Ix-JEu07MY
>>
>>33656973
Doesn't that pic just mean NK only have 1 credible threat of a submarine?
I.e the Gorae class?
>>
>>33656932
>North Korea fails once again to intimidate the west
Dude, DRPK are good guys in that particular situation.
>Being bombed to stone age by US
>US refused to sight a peace treaty
>US deployed nukes near your border
>South Korea tried to build their own bomb before you
>Nuclear energy is you only way to escape from famine because your agriculture need a shitload of electricity
>Finally agreed about building a civilian reactors
>US fucks up the deal
>Bush comes to administration and calls you Evil
>US invades Iraq because of muh weapon of mass destruction that never happened
>Invades Lybia - country which listened to West and gave on their nukes
>BTFO Syria and now singing same song about muh weapon of mass destruction that never happened
>South has military budget bigger than your country's budget
>South and US has maneuvers which are literally repetition of bomb run on your country
>Your country has fuel only for 7 days of war
Srsly, Bush fucked it all up.
>>
File: yono ghadir class.jpg (405KB, 2642x1208px) Image search: [Google]
yono ghadir class.jpg
405KB, 2642x1208px
>>33656992
So far yes, only one capable of carrying nuclear missiles. It's more of a test bed than a fully operational class.

Their other subs, especially the Yono class, are still a threat to opposing ships though, as we saw in 2010. I guess as a last ditch delivery method they could carry a nuke into a harbour (like Tokyo) on board a submarine and use them that way.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROKS_Cheonan_sinking
>>
>>33657036
Surely they'd be soon sunk by an opposing NATO fleet of french/british and American ships?
I just can't imagine North Korean ships living if the war turned hot.
>>
What about satellite images of preparations for the nuclear test? Is that still on?
Also I guess /k/ shouldn't be so surprised about the missile failing, it seems like the US has gotten pretty good at hacking the norks so their toys break all the time.
>>
>>33656932

POLITICS

MODS
>>
>>33657105
A thread about a military test with pertinent related questions is surely within /k/s remit?
>>
File: nork runway mountain.jpg (300KB, 2192x1500px) Image search: [Google]
nork runway mountain.jpg
300KB, 2192x1500px
>>33657095
I can't imagine North Korean anything surviving long against the US and the ROK. But of all the DPRK's military assets I'd expect these little submarines have a better chance than most.

That said, North Korea's military doctrine leans heavily on a nuclear preemptive strike so who knows how a war would go. Truly a fascinating place, you forget how small it is.

>>33657105
It's still weapon related.
>>
>>33657129

i guess

i'm whiney today :(
>>
Am I wrong for thinking we 100% need to use force to stop NK before they get an operational SLBM? I feel like once they have a SLBM theres literally no way to stop them from using a nuke in a crisis.
>>
>>33657951
Except for an anti-missile shield.
>>
>>33656973
>24m
CUTE!
>>
File: North_Korea_Founder_day_AP_2.jpg (2MB, 5034x3324px) Image search: [Google]
North_Korea_Founder_day_AP_2.jpg
2MB, 5034x3324px
>>33657951
>wanting to stop them
What are you some kind of faggot?
>>
The problem with north korea isnt their nukes, its drawing the chinese in and not destroying south korea. China seems to be backing away from the norks, but in the event of hostilities, Seoul is going to be leveled. They dont need SSBNs for that because the SK capital is practically just on the border.
>>
File: C9d2apVUQAAmMb3.jpg (21KB, 340x227px) Image search: [Google]
C9d2apVUQAAmMb3.jpg
21KB, 340x227px
Ahahahahaha
>>
>>33658171
I'd love to see it work
>>
>>33656932
I see the BBC is running out of things to post again. Time to get back to their non-stop 24/7 Trump coverage, because British people give a shit for some reason.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.