[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just officially lost my left leg after struggling with surgery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 14

File: 1.jpg (17KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
17KB, 852x480px
Just officially lost my left leg after struggling with surgery after surgery to keep my leg together with screws and titanium.

Long story short- Drunk driver t-boned us when I was 12, lost 60% of the muscle in my left calf and shattered the ball in my ankle.

Anyway- pretty depressed. Any quality stories or shit posts you can share with me guys?
>>
>>33649772
you will be 100% happier with a prosthesis, shit doctors and your awful parents have made your life miserable by not choosing to amputate it earlier
>>
>>33649772
Prosthetics are pretty tops nowadays, I have a driver working for me that has one - literally could not tell until he was wearing shorts.

He rides motorbikes, drives manual trucks, has a really normal and active life.
>>
>>33649772

There are some great prosthetic options available today. I imagine that you'll probably gain even more mobility than you had before.
>>
>>33649772
get a uniform and pretend you're a war veteran
>>
So you were basically doctor House?
>>
>>33649772
here in a couple decades you will have a Deus Ex tier cyberleg
>>
Cyborg pride homie. Only problem with a prosthetic is that it's far more efficient to have both legs be prosthetic.
>>
>>33649772
How far down was it amputated?
>>
>>33649772
above or below the knee?
>>
>>33650026
Yeah, but if GITS taught me anything having to cyborg legs also costs you your dick.
>>
>>33650059
>not getting a 12" prehensile cybernetic dick while you are under the knife
>>
Get a stainless steel dildo weld it to a stump brace then walk around on your new third leg if any gives you shitstomp a steel dick in their ass. There are plus sides to losing a leg or weld an 870 or break action to it and become the pirate version of elmer fudd
>>
>>33649772
Think of all the cool stories you can tell people about how you lost it! Personally, I'd tell them that it happened wen you were machete-fighting Somali pirates.
>>
>>33649772
Get a prosthesis, shit aint bad, also see if you cant track down guy who hit ya and sue his ass for everything,assuming statute of limitations aint up or anything
>>
I lost my left leg below the knee about 9 years ago. Except for the occasional twinge of phantom pain it hasn't troubled me very much. I've had people be utterly shocked when they realize I'm wearing a prosthetic as though they expect me to be hobbling about like a pirate on a peg-leg.
What sounds awful to me is having such a badly mangled leg and keeping it for reason. Trust me, you're better off without it.
On a related note my GF got burned in a grease fire, lost one of the muscles that supports the knee, doesn't cause her too much trouble, just every so often she'll turn the wrong way and her knee will fail.
>>
File: would you a fawn.jpg (94KB, 960x677px) Image search: [Google]
would you a fawn.jpg
94KB, 960x677px
You could probably rig a holster inside your aftermarket leg, anon.
Just like RoboCop!
>>
>>33649772
Sounds like you should have gotten rid of it sooner to be honest. You'll probably have a much better time of with the prosthesis they are really good these days.

I had the same decision to make with my teeth. I was immediately happier getting them pulled and getting dentures despite my comparatively young age for them. I even found I liked them better then real teeth.
>>
>>33650348
Are you dating Hanako?
>>
>>33650371
Holy fuck, this.
>>
>>33649772
Start posting with a trip, preferably with pic of leg stub and just maybe we can snag one of those manic all terrain threaded chairs they make for combat vets fucked up in cervix to our soon to be great again nation. for you faggot.
>>
>>33650582
Kek
>>
>>33650348
>Hobbling around like a pirate on a peg leg
Surely you've tried it that way a least once though? You could put together some pretty badass costumes with that shit
>>
>>33650059
hey, at least you won't be a perma virgin like that one cyborg told the Major he was, because he got a full prosthetic when he was a child
>>
>>33650123
>elmer fudd

You mean Yosemite Sam.
>>
Put a machine gun on it.
>>
File: wage_gap.webm (873KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
wage_gap.webm
873KB, 500x500px
>>33649772
Keep your chin up mate.

This should go someway to cheering you up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDsNZJTWw0w
>>
This is a pro/con situation OP.

Pro
Being one step closer to a cyborg
Having a shiny leg to pimp with
Having a cudgel at hand at all times
Can go back to outdoor ranges
Not having to deal with a wheel chair or crutch for much longer
Turn that prosthetic into a shotgun leg
Did I mention having a pimp leg?

Cons
No longer able to strap guns to your wheel chair and be able to pew and scoot
>>
>>33649772
I know this is gonna sound weird but a custom made prosthetic leg that is actually a SBR AR-15 or AK would be on my list.
>>
File: 1491458959275.png (533KB, 664x839px) Image search: [Google]
1491458959275.png
533KB, 664x839px
>>33649772

It's time for some motherfuckin CYBER LEGS
>>
>>33652483
[My legs are OK intensifies]
>>
>>33650348
>phantom pain
BOSS?
>>
>>33649772
>Leg attached to AR buffer tube
>Custom upper with a metallic foot on the muzzle
>>
>>33650371

Oh my fuck yes.
>>
>>33649772
Shit sucks, grats on being able to rock an authentic pirate outfit for Halloween though.
>>
>>33649772

that's horrible

wtf does this have to do with weapons ?

MODS
>>
>>33649772
I can't speak from experience, but losing a leg has got to suck. There is really no getting around that part.

The good news is that you live in an era where a person can get a very functional prosthetic leg. They are expensive and rehab is going to be hard, but you do have the option of getting a new leg which will almost certainly work better than the old one. You may even be able to go waltzing matilda again.
>>
>>33650371
This OP. Not only are prosthetics constantly improving, you can have a leg holster... or just turn your new leg into a gun itself.
>>
>>33649772

You CYBORG now my friend.

Like no really have you seen some of the stuff they can strap to you now ?

I'm sure losing it sucked but you've been used to it being not exactly 100%, so just imagine having a sweet chrome and carbonfiber multi-joint prosthesis.
>>
>>33652341
Damn, not too shabby.
>>
>>33650371

>rear of calf space holds compact pistol and extra mag
>depress the hidden button
>ejects on steel frame like ROBOCOP

all you need to do is shoot it with one hand and your other up and out to the side like a cowboy

don't forget to yell FREEZE CREEP and DEAD OR ALIVE, YOU'RE COMING WITH ME
>>
File: 42a.jpg (2MB, 1880x1696px) Image search: [Google]
42a.jpg
2MB, 1880x1696px
>>33649772
So you go from just needing a medic to needing a mechanic as well. Take it as a challenge, embrace it dude. Why not design and build the best damn prosthetic you can?
>>
>>33653554
>needing a mechanic as well
>>
File: Bunk is disappoint.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Bunk is disappoint.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>33653297
>You may even be able to go waltzing matilda again.
Faggot
>>
File: Gallipoli_3245453b.jpg (66KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
Gallipoli_3245453b.jpg
66KB, 620x387px
>>33654268
?
>>
I mean as long as the prosthesis is under the knee they're pretty good aren't they?
>>
>>33654254
God damn, that brings me back to 2008.
>>
File: 58690874_p1_master1200.jpg (322KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
58690874_p1_master1200.jpg
322KB, 600x800px
>>33649772
Honestly OP you're better off, like >>33649957 >>33650348 said
Prosthetic legs aren't as pricey as arms, and you can run and even bike with then.
Plus they look cool as shit to four limbers.

As others have said, I would own the fuck out of that shit and dress as a pirate at the range, bringing a blunder buss or flintflock pistols. Fucking buy 6 of them and load them all before firing them one after the other like Blackbeard.
>>
File: 59714535_p0_master1200.jpg (186KB, 571x800px) Image search: [Google]
59714535_p0_master1200.jpg
186KB, 571x800px
>>33654341
You can ride bicycles with above knee prosthetics now, too.
>>
As some one who works in the field of O&P, you'll probably be running again in < 90 days. Yes, you lost a limb and that sucks, but you will be so much better off in just a short while.

in a year with a little work you won't limp or really have any tell tale signs, plus the ability fucking kick the shit out of someone.

You might not be able to hide the fact you have an artificial leg. instead you should embrace it and make it a statement of your survival. Laminate in fucking unicorns vomiting rainbow AKs with Chuck Heston giving the finger. Trust me O&P folks will do what you want
>>
>be me
>in afghanistan late 2000s
>clearing small town
>turn a corner
>czechoslovakian machine gun lights me up
>not fatal but took 2 in my arm
>can't move fore arm normally now
>>
>>33649772
>Long story short- Drunk driver t-boned us when I was 12
Did your family killed him like they should have?
>>
>>33654549
BOSS?
>>
>>33654254
>Winry will never repair your automail after a tough fight
>>
>>33649772
Eh, it's just a leg. Losing an arm would be way worse for everyday life, plus it would be much harder to shoot guns with one arm
Get a peg leg and be a pirate for Halloween! Or maybe Junkrat if you can't grow a good beard. Good luck though, dude.
>>
>>33654549
Which arm? Are you a Southpaw?
>>
>OP gets a robot leg
Pretty cool tee bee ache

Get one with a dummy AR on the bottom.
>>
>>33649772
why would you be depressed dude? Seriously you can do normal shit and be praised for it now, it's like life got put on easy mode. Become an olympian
>>
Am I the only one who gets pissed when a good thread gets bumped off because of this Reddit tier shit
>>
>>33656309
If the thread is actually good, it will hit the post limit. 10 pages is a lot of content and it takes a fairly long time for a thread to die.
>>
>>33654268
You never read starship troopers huh fgt
>>
>>33649772
Look on the bright side, you could get a leg cannon prosthesis like that chick from Fullmetal Alchemist.
>>
>>33656294
Biathlon! Ski and shoot
>>
>>33652341
That girl to the right at about 0:09 looks mad, like his triumph is upsetting her.
>>
>>33649772
how old are you lad
>>
>>33649772
dude are you kidding me?!?! now you get to be a bitching cool cyborg,

>get into firefight
>take a round to my prostetic leg
>LOL JOKES ON HIM
> *queen starts playin* DON'T STOP ME NOOOOOOOOOW!
>>
>>33656294
this, if i lost a limb id become an olympian. plus losing a leg is the most /aesthetic/ option, plus x2 with the way prostetics are today and the way theyre advancing, you're golden.
>>
>>33658782
>Hardcore Henry intensifies
>>
>>33649772
Sounds leg-end ary.
>>
File: IMG_0036.gif (4MB, 480x260px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0036.gif
4MB, 480x260px
>>33649772
Sorry brother
>>
>>33649994
This.
>>
File: btk.jpg (104KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
btk.jpg
104KB, 1280x853px
>>33649772
get one of these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxyjO_iKnaw
>>
>>33649772
At least you didn't lose your balls. Everything else is just an accessory. I've never had a physical limitation, but I've struggled with depression. Believing you can do whatever it is you decide to do is so, so important with everything in life. If you don't know what you're going to do next, that's perfectly understandable. Instead of focus on a goal to achieve, make a system that you can do, and don't worry about whether or not you achieve the goal. Ex. if you want to learn how to paint, instead of telling yourself you'll paint every day, make a system like setting up your paints every day. This strategy will go a long way towards getting back on your feet.
>>
I don't know if it's of much comfort, OP, but If I had to lose any major part of my body it would be a leg. They are pretty easy to replace, even in a field expedient sense. Now that we have modern prosthetic legs you can be rebuilt genuinely faster and stronger than ever.

One of my supervisors at work recently had the same thing happen. Got plowed by an SUV driver who ran a red light because "lol TXTing my bae", he's probably going to lose his leg too and I can see that if you're going through anything like what he is, it really sucks. But of course this is just a transitional and no doubt life-altering phase. Hopefully for the better.

If you can pull through on the inside, it will be all better one day and a lot sooner than you think.
>>
>>33658771
his patriarchal pressure is too much for her. She's feeling maximum oppression.
>>
get the other one chopped off and replaced with prosthetics and now you can be as tall as you possibly want
>>
>>33649772
Since this is a weapons board, the only logical conclusion is to post Reece Nelson...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9891vPGisw
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.