[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would I need an FFL license in order to buy guns from gun shows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20170322-221105.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170322-221105.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
Would I need an FFL license in order to buy guns from gun shows and sell them online? Anybody know the details on that sort of thing? Google is unclear...
>>
>>33649558
what the ATF doesn't know won't kill your dog.
>>
>>33649564
I have the potential to do large volume, if it were one or two guns it wouldn't be an issue... I'm not looking at opening a brick and mortar shop, but don't want an ATF raid going on at my house.
>>
>>33649558
https://www.atf.gov/file/100871/download

Here. Somewhere in here, there will be something mentioned about the purchasing, and selling, of firearms, and when a license is required
>>
>>33649558
If your intention is solely to buy and sell guns for the purpose of profit you need a FFL.

It would be hard to prove you arent just liquidating your collection/crap you impulse bought but the ATF can shoot your dog and try to arrest you anyway. Not really worth it.
>>
>>33649616
In fact, on page 8

>4
>DO I NEED A LICENSE TO BUY AND SELL FIREARMS?
>A. Overview
>What activities require a dealer’s license?
>Federal law does not establish a “bright-line” rule for when a federal firearms license is required. As a result, there is no specific threshold number or frequency of sales, quantity of firearms, or amount of profit or time invested that triggers the licensure requirement. Instead, determining whether you are “engaged in the business” of dealing in
firearms requires looking at the specific facts and circumstances of your activities.

>As a general rule, you will need a license if you repetitively buy and sell firearms with the principal motive of making a profit. In contrast, if you only make occasional sales of firearms from your personal collection, you do not need to be licensed. In either case, all of your firearms transactions are relevant, regardless of their location; it does not matter if sales are conducted out of your home, at gun shows, flea markets, through the internet, or by other means.
>>
>>33649558
If you make buying and selling guns into a business, you need an FFL.
>>
>>33649558
Also, unless you're behind 7 proxies, the ATF can now use this thread as probable cause when they shoot your dog. Think of pupper, don't do it.
>>
>>33649616
Thanks bruh, >>33649742
Okay so this leads to my next question, how hard is it to get an FFL?
>>
>>33649558
>google is unclear

google is clear as fuck. youre just a dense motherfucker
>>
>>33649591
You should be ok, bro. Good luck with the business.
>>
>>33649968
You have to make 15/20 sales at 21 feet
>>
>>33650015
21 feet?

After looking into it a bit, I'm going to apply for an FFL.

I have enough industry connections that buying wholesale shouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>33650124
It's a joke, m8. Most concealed carry courses require you shoot a target at 21 feet, and hit a certain amount of those shots
>>
>>33650205
Lol, my concealed class was 30 minutes of a guy telling us about being in artillery and telling us not to pull our gun out every five seconds.
>>
>>33649968
that depends, but you'd have to start an actual business and fulfill are the legal requirements including paying fees because an FFL has to sell and transfer a lot of guns to actually make a profit. getting an FFL just to sell/transfer 3 guns a month would be fucking stupid, the only FFL that doesn't have this requirement is a curio & relics license for collectors and you still need to keep transaction records when you transfer a firearm
>>
>>33649968
Depends on the State you live in. My corrupt State applies Zoning laws into the mix.
>>
>>33649558
wouldnt the vectors weird recoil system work great for a semiauto rifle
>>
>>33652048
The recoil system is actually shit. The counterweight isn't heavy enough to significantly mitigate recoil, but it is significant enough to fuck up your aim slightly when it bounces back upward, so you'll always shoot high on successive shots.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.