[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does buying guns online work? New to it. They send it to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: trayvondead.jpg (25KB, 640x446px) Image search: [Google]
trayvondead.jpg
25KB, 640x446px
How does buying guns online work? New to it.

They send it to an FFL (local dealer?) and they take a cut? How much is it usually?
>>
>>33646005
They don't take a cut. You pay them a flat fee. $30 is average, $20 is a good deal.

>order gun
>call up a LGS and explain that you want an FFL transfer
>they'll give you their info for the seller
>provide said info to the seller, pay shipping if applicable
>wait
>LGS calls you when the gun arrives
>go there in person and fill out the background check form like any gun purchase
>pay your $20-35 fee and be on your way
>>
>>33646005
My experience (VA)
-Buy gun
-Give seller FFL info (copy of their license etc)
-wait warmly for gat to get to store
-go and do background check
-pay fee for FFL transfer
-????
-get gat
>>
Talk to your local dealer first and go through the process with them, not everyone operates the same way.

The guy you're buying from will want to get the info from your FFL, and usually your FFL will want give the information to the seller directly. The seller will ship the gun to your FFL, and then you do the paperwork and background check with the FFL.

They usually charge a flat fee for doing this, which varies anywhere from $15-75. You may have to pay tax depending on your state.

Your FFL may also charge you an additional fee if its a gun they have in stock.
>>
>>33646062
I called my ffl and just let them know a box for fun was heading their way for me.
>>
>>33646050
I pay $10 for handgun transfers. $20 for rifles. Granted, it's a guy that does it out of a storage unit.
>>
>>33646005
You send them the FFL information, they verify it then send it to them. Then you go pick it up and get your background check run as usual. Just remember to TALK to the gun store beforehand. Some of them won't do it or will ask for awful amounts of money.
>>
>>33646130
Why does he charge more for rifles? Because they take up space?
>>
i thought when you sell a gun you have to give it to a FFL too
>>
>>33646462
Some guns in some non-free states
>>
>>33646251
That's what I figure. In fact, he charges the rifle rate for all firearms longer than 18". So your AR pistols count.
>>
>>33646005
SHEEIITT
H
E
E
I
I
T
T
>>
>>33646005
>buy gun from private seller in my state
>send payment which is definitely not discreet paypal
>gun shows up at the door
>>
>>33646050
>$30

Damn. In Maryland it's average $100
>>
>>33646005
>select gun you want
>check out
>put info, pay
>wait a couple weeks
>postal service leaves it at your doorstep
>>
>>33646661
but you can't just bring it in the post office and ship it
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.