[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 25 is too late for me to fulfill my dream of becoming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: _20170414_224128.jpg (192KB, 1079x1063px) Image search: [Google]
_20170414_224128.jpg
192KB, 1079x1063px
I'm 25 is too late for me to fulfill my dream of becoming a Tier 1 special forces operator?

Not even memeing
>>
If that's truly your dream, what have you been doing for the past 7 years?
>>
>>33645609
I know it's a bad example, but Chris Kyle was like 30yrs old when he joined the SEALs I think

You're probably too old but if it's what you want and you're fine with the fact that you are more likely to permanently injure yourself trying, go for it.
>>
>>33645627
Drinking and fucking college freshmen
>>
>>33645609
If you haven't gone for it yet then you probably don't want it enough.
>>
>>33645627
Drinking, drugs, couple year spell as a neet, getting fired from jobs, getting married then divorced a year later, getting kicked out of 2 different colleges, some more drinking
>>
>>33645609
A guy in my OSUT class enlisted at 27 with an 18x and made it. Only 7 out of the 120 something 18x guys in my class made it though.
>>
>>33645609
Try the foreign legion otherwise NO!
>>
>>33645660
That shit won't look very good filling out your sf86. They'll ask about being suspended from schools or fired from jobs. Maybe they won't care that much or you might be able to lie about it.
>>
>>33645609
Just depends on you. if you wanna be cool, stay online. if you really wanna go hard and kill badguys in the name of America don't let anyone stop you
>>
0317 here.

From my experiences, people who are 25+ normally do a better job because their bodies have fully matured and their mind set is different compared to us 18-24 guys. We can mess up and still be ok but for the older gents, it is a once shot situation. Also just watch some documentaries, most of them are like 28 when they go in.
>>
>>33645609
most SOF are in their late 20s to mid 30s
>>
>>33647510
This. I remember hearing that it was actually rare for an eighteen year old to make it.
>>
>>33645627
Going to school part time and working part time. I got an AA in Arabic, learned how to read, write, speak, and traveled a few months. I just cant bring myself to make the commitment for some reason.

>>33645717
was he in good shape?
>>
>>33645609
18x guys are required to be 21. So no. Go for it. If you fail, you can go hooah it up in the 82nd.
>>
Not OP but same question only for Britain specifically.
>>
>>33645609
Chris Kyle was 28 when he enlisted
>>
>>33648051
He did 70 something push ups in 2 min and ran like an 11:15 two mile. He also has a masters degree in accounting and is highly motivated.
>>
>>33648439
fuck sakes. I just need my cardio then ill be fine. Cardio of a tri-athlete that is.
>>
>>33645609
Age limits for various SOF units:

Army Special Forces - 30
Navy SEALS - 27
Air Force SOF (PJ, CCT, SOWT, etc) - 28 I believe.

The point is, go fucking do it right now if you want it.
>>
>>33648063
what someone explain to be what x18 is?
>>
>>33648555
can*
>>
>>33648555
A contract you sign that guarantees you a chance to go down the green beret pipeline. Most people fail.
>>
check out Stew smith's tactical fitness stuff on his website or youtube.

It will prababaly takes you 2 to 3 years to get ready for spec ops.
>>
>>33648567
then they got sent to water treatment training
>>
>>33648506
you don't necessary have to be tri-athlete level of physical. athlete are excell at their field, but you need to be good at everything. Start with endurance training will be nice, train it till the winter, then you can lift weight to gain strength, and run less. But don't worry, endurance won't just goes away in the winter.
>>
>>33649999
thank you ill look up some endurance routines (would steep trail hikes count as such?), an appropriate post for the quads.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.