[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying my first firearm, any tips/advice? Just looking for something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20170414-113554.png (209KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170414-113554.png
209KB, 1440x2560px
Buying my first firearm, any tips/advice? Just looking for something thats good for home defense and SHTF and stuff. Cheap ammo is a plus too. Im thinking pic related, keep in mind im on a budget so dont suggest any top of the line pricey shit please.
>>
First? You'll be invested more later so if you're on a budget I would say go for that plinkster, ammo and lastly a few magazines. Have fun anon, soon you'll want something bigger and better with more umph to sate your appetite.
>>
>>33642724
I would, instead, buy a 10/22, there is a lot more aftermarket accessories and parts for it. It is only about $100 more, at most, and there are a lot more options should you want to add stuff to it.

If you take care of it, it will probably outlive you.
>>
>>33642824
No. Any rifle you get if taken care of will outlive you, the only thing 10/22s have going for them is their after market. I would rather a marlin 795 but for 150 after tax that plinkster is OPs best bet.

Unless you plan on spending more time and money on accessories than you do shooting, do not get the 10/22.
>>
>>33642724
a 12 gauge would make a better HD gun, but the .22 is a great first gun.
>>
>>33642724
If you only have one gun it should be a handgun. Even if you don't cc it now, you will want to in shtf. If you can't afford a used G19 or similar and a box of 9mm once a month then you should focus on you financial situation, not purchasing toys.
>>
>>33642724
Get the Marlin 795, you should be able to find them for a hair under 150 hoohaas.
>>
Stop being a fucking pussy and buy an AK or an AR.
>>
>>33642798
Agree with this anon, but if you want something with more to it, an AR would be a good choice too, since they're so goddamn cheap right now.

.22 is great for practicing marksmanship, and honestly plenty of fun to shoot.
>>
>>33642724
The 702plinkster was my first firearm purchase and I highly recommend getting anything besides that. 1 out of 5 rounds fte/ftf. Seriously, anything besides that. Hell, get a hipoint carbine before that or better yet a single shot 12g. At least they actually go bang. If you're stuck on a .22lr spring the extra 150$ for the 10/22.
>>
>>33643340
In my state i can buy a shotgun or rifle but i gotta jump through some hoops before i can buy a hand gun
>>
>>33642724
>>33642824
this. find a used 10/22 if you're that broke
>>
>>33644363
For ~$200 get a mossberg maverick 88. If you don't already know, it's basically a mossberg 500, a lot of the parts are interchangeable. 12gauge is widely considered to be THE most versatile cartridge. It's probably one of the most common rounds next to 9mm and 22lr. It's more than enough to defend yourself, as well as provide food from birds to deer. Imo the closest thing to a "do it all caliber" as it gets for shtf.
>>
>>33644231
>so goddamn cheap right now
>tfw in a ban state

Y-You too
>>
>>33642724
For home defense and first gun I would suggest an AR. A 22lr would not be a good choice to protect yourself. But if your broke af which seems to be the case then go for it. 22's are fun as hell to shoot.
>>
Why does /k/ have such a massive hard on for the 10/22

>>33642724
>for home defense and SHTF
>on a budget
If you don't get a shotgun you're doing it very wrong.
>>
>>33644656
what's more likely to happen
>using the gun in home defense scenario or shtf
>using the gun for plinking and learning the fundamentals of marksmanship
10/22 is better for the shit that's more likely to actually happen. also, don't act like .22lr isn't deadly
>>
>>33644796
OP doesn't sound like he wants to shoot it regardless.

>don't act like .22lr isn't deadly
when did I ever say or imply that
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.