[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'll be moving to Texas soon Dallas/ft worth area, not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 16

File: Texas_flag_map.svg_2.png (86KB, 2000x1952px) Image search: [Google]
Texas_flag_map.svg_2.png
86KB, 2000x1952px
So I'll be moving to Texas soon Dallas/ft worth area, not sure witch yet depends on placement.

Tell me about te/x/as? Where are some good ranges? What are some good gun shops?
Do I have to be an aquafag and own a SCAR to live there?
>>
File: 20170326_183611.jpg (2MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20170326_183611.jpg
2MB, 2576x1932px
Shameless bump
>>
Texas is a big place. DFW is also very large. its hard to give you an idea of what places youll be near with the given info. its guranteed youll be near several stores regardless of where youre at though.

I hope youre moving to the country. All our (dfw) ranges are indoor or are run by fuds.
>>
Fort Worth here.

There are no good ranges. Some of the indoor ranges are only "okay". Most of the outdoor ranges are utter garbage. I've never been to a range outside of Texas but I can tell these are hideous and only stay in business because they're your only options.

If you're on the Fort Worth side your 2 outdoor range choices are either Quail Creek or Alpine. I slightly prefer the latter, the ROs and staff are a lot nicer, but it's farther away from me.

If you're in the middle or Dallas side, couldn't help you, but I hope they have something better than there. Some place called Elm Creek or Elm Fork or whatever is basically fudd and range cancer heaven.

Good gun shops - None. Shop online and ship with FFL to avoid the Texas state tax. You'll pay a lot less.
>>
File: Z_ Texas sees EuMurica.jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Z_ Texas sees EuMurica.jpg
27KB, 640x480px
I hate this state. Will probably never get reciprocity nor free concealed/open carry.
>>
>>33640715
Been to Texas a couple of times. Since I only had limited experience I can only vouch for the place was at but from that I have to say: The people I did meet I hated intensely. They were people with the magical ability to make you want to die just by speaking. Not to mention they acted like stereotypical horror movie hicks. You know all smiley until they think you aren't in earshot and close ranks at random moments. As I've said though that's very limited experience in Nevada. Yes. Nevada Texas. Very original.
>>
>>33641046
Also forgot to mention the local place is Armadillo guns. Prices are bad but not horrific, selection in-store is terrible. Also my mother once tried to buy a CZ-75 from them. They couldn't get it so they got a more expensive variant and made her pay extra for it. Rifle and pistol range no shotguns. Rifle range is set up very obviously for fudd rifles. You sit at a bench and shoot though small corrugated tubes. Only ammo allowed in the range is ammo bought from them. It's about 20 dollars to enter each time. Passed through Farmersville very briefly and there was an okay little gun store there. No range but okay selection and standard enough prices.
>>
File: 1488305189748.png (17KB, 297x327px) Image search: [Google]
1488305189748.png
17KB, 297x327px
>>33640715
First thing you're gonna learn is it's pronounced TAY-hoss
>>
File: 1474514793666.jpg (2MB, 10000x10000px) Image search: [Google]
1474514793666.jpg
2MB, 10000x10000px
>Texas would have constitutional carry by now if Police Unions didn't throw temper tantrums every time they try to pass it
>>
File: 1464117962688.png (1MB, 513x1117px) Image search: [Google]
1464117962688.png
1MB, 513x1117px
you guys are scaring the shit out of me.....

so my only option is to buy land and shoot?

i dont mind driving an hour or so to shoot, i do that here to go to a state run free range with almost no rules. there isnt a good range within an hour or so of ft.worth/dallas?
>>
Most outdoor ranges in the DFW area will not allow fmj on the rifle range.
>>
>>33642976
>so my only option is to buy land and shoot?
Yes. NEVER shoot on a public range.
>>
>>33640715
The best range I ever shot at was the Permian Basin.
>>
>>33642976
Quail Creek, Alpine, and Garland ranges are OK, but no FMJ on their rifle range because of a horseshit lawsuit that happened to Garland years back. Gibsons has a 200y range and allows whatever, but it's remote.

Not many people, per capita, own rifles in DFW. It's pistols, so lots of indoor ranges. Your best bet if you are used to country living is to buy land outside yhe metroplex.

Be carful though. Everyone north of Frisco/Plano is getting incorporated left and right, and the Californians are banning not only firearms in residential zones, but also ATVs due to noise. Bow hunting is still okay so far.
>>
>>33643014
fucking WHY.
>>
>>33642976
Maybe. It needs to be ten acres minimum. Of course with backstops and all that your looking at more land then ten acres.
>>
DFW is shit. Shiiiiiit. Houston may be hotter, uglier and full of nigs, but the ranges on the north side are great, and it's cheaper to live there. People in DFW suck too, way too many transplants.
>>
>>33643109
fuds that don't know anything
>>
Move around the outskirts of DFW. I live in a tiny ass town that is only 30 minutes away from major citys. I hear gunshots constantly because everyone around here shoot for fun. Find some younger farmers and just ask. I know at least 10 people within a mile of me that have their own ranges set up. If you don't act autistic and pay for your ammo then you are set.
>>
>>33643109
Berm wear is the official story. Don't see how FMJ is any more rough than JSP there.
>>
>>33643120
why ten acres minimum? 5 couldent cut it?
>>
>>33643156
i really dont want the joy of my life depending on the generosity
of others letting me use their land.

im sure thats a great easy way, but i have to have a solid "i can shoot here" place.
>>
it seems like in every direction i look, land for sale is about 2 hour drive.

idk if i can do it.....i really dont think i can guys....texas is just so cucked, like how the fuck did this happen....

i cant buy a $500,000 lot thats crazy.
all these little 10 acre or bigger lots are 2 or more hours away.
>>
>>33643249
state regulations
>>
>>33641046
>>33641096
What city were you in? El Paso?
>>
Fuck, I was hoping to see some better ranges that I didn't know of.

Eagle Gun Range (indoor) in Lewisville (which is between Dallas and Denton) is pretty good, they allow FMJ, and they lanes go up to 25 yards. I want to go to ETTS (outdoor) in Waxahachie soon. They have some good reviews but it's a hour away from me.
>>
>>33643345
thats fucking it. fuck texas. im done.
>>
>>33643431
yep
>>
>>33643329
>cucked
It isn't. It's that the land is privately owned
>>
arizona here i come baby. IAN, KARL, IF YOURE WATCHING, IM OMW!

>we will ride our kubelwagen into the arizona sunset togeather <3
>>
>>33643120
You really hate expats that much? If he's not in a subdivision, county commissioner can't say shit.
>>
>>33643431
We did it guys! We kept a yankee out!
>>
>>33643548
I don't think you know what that word means.
>>
>>33643548
Cant say shit til they send the sheriff to your door fag.
>>
>>33643581
I looked it up. You're right.
>>
>>33643595
Good on you anon.
An I don't hate out of stater's either(some of their political opinions yeah). We just have a bunch of B.S. regs and laws a lot of people ignore or don't take the time to look into. I mean we used to be able to shoot in State/National forests/parks can't do that anymore. All our major cities are heavy dems(crush the urbanite) most ranges demand a nra membership even though the nra doesn't give a shit about gun owners.
>>
>>33643620
> Ranges demand a NRA membership

That's some God damn authoritarian heresy right there. Even the shitty ranges in DFW don't go that far.
>>
File: sierradimage01.jpg (176KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
sierradimage01.jpg
176KB, 500x333px
>>33643249
>why ten acres minimum? 5 couldent cut it?
That's for trap and skeet.
If you want to shoot handguns and rifles a continuous 50 acres are needed. This would make you immune from complaints so long as you meet the standards for not shooting towards roads or a neighboring house within 1000'. Having a backstop also helps.
You can shoot on less land, but it depends on if your neighbors start a leftist stink about it.

You can buy floodzone swamp land for pretty cheap, lease an acre or two from a larger hunting club, or buy desert in west Texas. Otherwise it's an overpopulated public range with a seriously bad mix of idiots and criminals with maybe one or two guys who might know what they're doing.
>>
middle of tx here, 325. private gun club here is great, never hassled and everyone is friendly, never seen the fudd or mallninja depicted in greentext stories. everyone is cool.
>>
>>33643643
It's more Fudd ideology than anything an from what I have seen usually around towns that are 200,000 populace or less. I guess they do it to "weed out people" however at the same time I refuse to support the NRA until they go to war legally against Cali an New York tier gun control states.
>>
>>33643569
yankee? mother fucker i have proofs my family was confederate and im in tn.

>>33643663
yea im good, fuck texas. im not paying for shit swamp, im not going to pay out the ass for land that isnt worth a damn other than shooting land. and im not going to deal with urban hippies.

sorry texas, you were going to get another tax paying hard working gun owner whos career actually contributes to society. but fudds ruined it.

oklahoma was better than this.
>>
>>33643731
> Oklahoma was better than this

No it damn well wasn't and you know better. Honestly though, wherever you pick, you are going to visit before you move, right? Relying on internet here-say is a terrible plan.
>>
>>33643679
Frisco?
>>
>>33640715

Fuck off.
Kill urself
>>
>>33642976

I hope you enjoy paying $20/hr to shoot on a range crowded by white trash and cholo gangsters
>>
>>33643120

Nope. 10 acres in an unincorporated county.

If is incorporated it needs to be minimum 40 with a distance from residential set by county.
>>
>>33643836
So I'm correct, you just needed to show your ass.
>>
>>33643836
Your county sucks, dude. Run for office.
>>
File: IMG_4136.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4136.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>>33643731
You sound like a crybaby
>>
>>33642976
There are high end indoor ranges which are pretty nice, namely the Frisco one.
Garland is shit and Plano ranges are repurposed office buildings.
Gun stores are pretty nice.
If you're looking to shoot where ever then yeah you're going to have to buy land that's like an hour away.
>>
All this about 10 acre / 50 acre minimum applies to municipalities only:

http://codes.findlaw.com/tx/local-government-code/loc-gov-t-sect-229-002.html

Barring a link to a state law, I'm calling horseshit on anyone saying you cannot shoot on your own land if it's unincorporated.
>>
File: IMG_0046.jpg (4MB, 3024x3286px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0046.jpg
4MB, 3024x3286px
All ranges in dfw suck. Quail creek is near Fort Worth and probably the best, but still has no FMJ, slow rates of fire, fuddy ROs. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AT ELM FORK. Their range rules were posted here as an Op pic of a thread and everyone was in disbelief at it. Basically no semi autos, scopes required at the 100, no FMJ, etc.

Garland public is pretty decent, they have a clay pigeon area that is a lot of fun. Similar rules and I think they have a 30 cal ban due to the city. That was a few years ago and they were fighting it. Cash only and requires a membership but it's very cheap.

No public land so I hope you know someone with a ranch.

Dfw sucks for guns honestly. I'm glad I left.
>>
>>33643431
Good. Faggots came in and changed Texas. It used to be alot better. But now it might as well be fucking CA in some areas.
>>
>>33643888

I'll jizz in your office
>>
>>33644041
Well there goes 1 vote.
>>
SAW Inc has good stuff, but a bit pricey.

Anyone have thoughts about defender outdoors?
>>
>>33644100
+1 for holster drawing, double taps, and 75y indoor rifle range

-1 for $20/hr fee

-100 for not steel case ammo
>>
>>33643989
Why does everyone assume I'm some liberal who wants to change shit? I just want to shoot and be left the fuck alone.
>>
File: IMG_0446.jpg (3MB, 3896x2558px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0446.jpg
3MB, 3896x2558px
>>33640715
>Do I have to be an aquafag and own a SCAR to live there?
Yes
>>
>>33644133
It's not about you. Toyota moved their HQ from Cali and it's been a rough few years. Give us time to heal. We're usually more friendly.

>>33644140
Sup fellow St. Augustinian. Yours back in yet?
>>
>>33640715
Texas is a very big state. If you want to shoot for free just make some targets and drive out of town for 30 minutes until you are in the middle of nowhere, preferably in between 2 county lines. Find a nice embankment to use as your range. Been doing that ever sense i was in grade school. Police don't ever come out that far, and there is not a soul for miles, which means you avoid "those" kinds of people at ranges. It is not the safest method as god knows what you can run into out there, but unless you got land, there is no other alternative. Just have a few friends that have good habits, and be aware of your surroundings.
>>
>>33644124
The only negative is no steel case?

I reload so I mean, that's no real deal breaker except for shooting my ak74.

Do they allow shotguns?
>>
>>33644140
I was waiting for someone to get the fucking joke.
>>
>>33644183
No shotguns, plus load testing would cost me $40 in time fees and I'd still have to pay extra if I wanted to work pistol.

Seriously, at this point I'm thinking of just getting a membership at a private pistol range so I can work on drawing, etc. Too many idiots are ruining public ranges for the rest of us.
>>
File: 1490328547976.jpg (512KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1490328547976.jpg
512KB, 2000x1333px
>t. Way too many fags from other states shitting on Texas

Check their IP's if you don't believe me.
Texas is great, OP. Moved here from Virginia.I'm in the Panhandle area (Amarillo). Ranges are cheap. There's a couple really solid shops around here with prices to compete with Bud's. And most farmers/ranchers will let you hog hunt for free. I have one who calls me up every two months to thin them out, so a /k/ co-worker battle Buddhist and I bring our AK's, SADF Battle Jackets full of mags, shifty Gen 2 NVG's, radio's and a couple beers for a grand ol' time.

Go to a church/join a group/be a Freemason, make connections and you'll be fine. You can't expect any of these fagbags to have a good time anywhere when their favorite hobbie is to isolate themselves to a Mongolian Spelunking Forum and to fap to gun hentai.
>>
File: 1-C2tbZEpjgjFHBJxyrsekkg.jpg (33KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1-C2tbZEpjgjFHBJxyrsekkg.jpg
33KB, 540x720px
>>33644237

Oh and when I drive over to Amarillo, I love using the police range which is open to the public. REALLY nice stuff, clean and professional. You can also shoot whatever the fuck you want -- except target shotgun loads at the targets held by wooden stakes. Then it's an extra $5 for BTFO their target.
>>
>>33643982
I look a this pic and imagine the humidity, and now I'm already sweating
>>
There's an indoor range in Lewisville I went to recently. Pretty small place, just 12 lanes, but it was alright in there. They have a rule of only 1 round per second, but they don't badger you about it if you go a bit too fast. Very cheap too.
>>
File: 1491862999047m.jpg (58KB, 497x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1491862999047m.jpg
58KB, 497x1024px
>>33644237
>>33644271

Anyways, welcome! If you're coming through the 806 area, let me know. There's five other Texan /k/ommandos in the region and we all go shooting, hike Palo Duro Canyon and SHTF prepping together. Met them all on here.
>>
>>33644237
> New Mexico Lite is muy bueno! Plus, all the illegal immigrants I work with on the feed lots out in Friona (our only growing industry besides gas wells) are teaching me Spanish.
>>
>>33644133
Me too, but I have earned it.

t. Native Texan
>>
>>33644307

Lol, yeah. Hereford and Friona are loaded with immigrants. Dumas is is full of dinky Cambodians.

Amarillo and Lubbock aren't bad though!

Where do you live? California?
>>
>>33644376
DFW by way of Houston by way of Lubbock. Grew up out there and left.

Lubbock wasn't bad, and it's growing quickly, but there's no real industry out there (yet, I guess.) You're right that the canyons out east are pretty, but it's just depressing elsewhere.

Amarillo though... Lubbock's going to suck it dry of working talent in 20 years. Be ready.
>>
>>33644237
>A NEW HOPE

unfortunately I'm only seeing listing for my career near Dallas, but I'll check out the pan handle too.
>>
File: IMG_0035.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0035.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>33644283
That pic is in North Dakota. 75 degrees and lightly breezy. Beautiful shooting weather all summer
>>
>>33644469
>North Dakota

Damn son, how long did it take you to adjust to the other 3 months?
>>
>>33641017
Can confirm. DFW a shit
>>
>>33644237
So how do I find ranchers and farmers looking for someone to come exterminate hogs?

I'm not a complete shut in like these autismos, I'd love to find a group to go shoot with and hunt hogs. Hunting hogs has been a wet dream of mine for probably 10 years now since I was a teen.
>>
>>33644516
Do what >>33644237 said. Either go to church outside the burbs or join an event/group that has rural fold in it.

Whatever you do, get out of city limits. All the gun guys in my circle either lease land for $5000 a year or they pay $2000 a year for a single guided hog/whitetail hunt.
>>
>>33644516
Why do you need our help with that? Use your brain and get on Craigslist or something. Most ranchers don't want strangers with guns on their place down here, unless you pay them.
t. Native Texan Cattle Rancher
>>
>>33644469
That would explain the wide, wide open fields.
>>
>>33640715

do google search for phrases like

gun stores near me
gun stores in dallas
in zip 1234324

or

shooting range near me

etc

get a nice map with little stars can clik their websites etc
>>
>>33644550
I can understand that.
>>
>>33641202
>Texas would have constitutional carry by now if every urban area wasn't majority spicnigger

Fucking spics have to be driven out of this state somehow, they're ruining it.
>>
>>33640715
You can literally just drive off a highway somewhere and shoot where you want, jeez, calm the fuck down. DFW is a mix of suburbs inbetween large farmland and rural areas.
>>
>>33644845
Sounds like a good way to get arrested for trespassing though. But maybe I'm still gun shy from taking some bird shot out of my elbow from when I was younger.
>>
>go to texas
>want to CCW
>can't do it anywhere because lol signs :^)

texas is a cuck state i don't know why people think it's good
>>
>>33644923
Private property laws, man. A man's home (or his business) is his castle.
>>
>>33644768
Which part numbnuts?
>>
>>33644941
This.
Don't come on my ranch uninvited. I will throw many pieces of metal at you at high velocity. I don't care who you are.
>>
>>33644923
>Private property laws = cucked
Fuck yourself commie.
>>
>>33645040
Haha sorry. I read "can't understand "
>>
>>33644941
The property owners who put up the signs are cucks.
>>
>>33645240
Fuck you. Gives me the right to shoot you dead for trespassing fagggot.
>>
>>33645062
Do you live near DFW? If so, I'm just saying, a man could make a decent bit of side money if he had a 200yard rifle range and some steel targets, and was willing to let pre-screened anons shoot. (I know no one wants to deal with assholes shooting at their livestock.)

It's pretty slim pickings for learning to shoot past MBR around here.
>>
>>33645301
No. I'm in Central TX. I have thought about it. But still not too sure about having to randoms come out to me place to just shoot things and make a mess. I enjoy my solitude.
>>
>>33645321
Understandable. Sometimes 4chins needs a way to have people break anonymity privately.

/k/ especially because, well, guns.
>>
>>33645298
No it doesn't. We're talking about 30.06 signs you retard.
>>
>>33645347
On my private property, yes no trespassing sign does mean I can shoot you dead if I have signs posted and you ignore them. Fuck those other signs, CC doesn't effect me.
>>
>>33645344
I get it. But honestly most people on here I wouldn't trust with a sling shot, let alone a rifle. Just going off the shit people post on here.
>>
File: 1488094057668.jpg (31KB, 640x287px) Image search: [Google]
1488094057668.jpg
31KB, 640x287px
>>33644168
DO NOT DO THIS
>>
>>33644414

Yep! Can't argue with anything you've said.

Besides the 60% college kid population, LBK is pretty good. I've smashed a few college girls there; just for sport.

But yeah, career wise -- it's best to go elsewhere. At least in the medical field. Amarillo is absolutely Shit between Northwest Texas Hospital and BSA.

Lubbock is slightly better, I enjoyed my time at Covenant.
>>
>>33645755
You in cardiology, like everyone else that seemed to go to med school out there?
>>
>>33644923
Not a single business I've been to has a 30.06, and very few even have 30.07s. What shit tier places do you go to?
>>
>>33640715
if you like precision shooting there are 3 1000yd ranges in the dfw area. one is out west about 1-2hrs from dallas (forget the name but they overcharge on AIs) another is north of dallas but I also forget the name and the last one is about 30min south of dallas in waxahachie and that one goes to 12/1300yds. I think the last one is a shooting complex so they might have ranges for tactical rolling if youre into that.
>>
>>33643836
state law says city and not county, last I checked which was 2/3yrs back but I cant think of any reason why theyd change it.

OP if you want land to shoot on if the land is within the bounds of a incorporated city then you need at least 10 acres for bows, shotguns, and pistols. For rifles you need at least 50 acres.

In a unincorporated city you need like 10/20 for everything, just make sure you have a decent berm so neighbors cant bitch and so if a gamewarden comes on your property he'll see that you arent poaching and will get out of your hair quickly.
>>
>>33640715
dont bring any faggot nazi-boo shit.
>>
>>33646796
ok sweet.

>>33646874
not trying to be edgy, but youd have to be one dumb mother fucker to want that job. i guess the living ones are smart enough to not pop out of the woods screaming, but seriously that sounds like a really bad idea.
>>
>>33647711
hahahaha boy are you in for a disappointment.
>>
>>33648333
Don't come near Abilene
>>
>>33648692
ill make sure to drive threw real slow in my kubelwagen repro, blasting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc-DgRO1SrQ
wearing my best uniform and carrying my HMG STG44 and luger.
>>
Haven't seen Target Masters mentioned. Are they still alive? Their website is still up at least http://targetmasters.com/

They're the only range I've found to be "good". Double taps allowed, FMJ allowed as long as it's non-steel, 50 yd rifle range and freedom to shoot standing or prone, etc. I don't remember if they have a caliber restriction, but if they do, it's probably .50 cal+.
>>
File: 1481666664947.png (175KB, 488x10000px) Image search: [Google]
1481666664947.png
175KB, 488x10000px
>>33641029

kill yourself my man

TEXAN PRIDE WORLD WIDE

GAS THE YANKEES RACE WAR NOW
>>
>>33649274
Yep still there enjoy the range. No one bothers you staff was always nice to me, what more do you need
>>
>>33648320
most of the time game wardens stay in the truck and wait for you to come to them for the very reason of not wanting to get shot.
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.