[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/k/ shits on swords and sword autists >/k/ worships this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: GeorgeSPatton[1].jpg (185KB, 1120x1400px) Image search: [Google]
GeorgeSPatton[1].jpg
185KB, 1120x1400px
>/k/ shits on swords and sword autists
>/k/ worships this massive sword autist

really makes you think
>>
>>33637594
Yeah, makes me think you're a faggot.
>>
File: 1487052229585.jpg (411KB, 2000x1087px) Image search: [Google]
1487052229585.jpg
411KB, 2000x1087px
>>33637622
>>
I keep wanting to buy a Patton sword. The repros are supposed to be a bit better balanced than the originals at least.
>>
>>33637594
Why does he look like donald trump
>>
>>33637795
That's the look you develop when you can't stop winning
>>
>>33637864
kek
>>
>>33637594
patton was an overrated faggot
>>
File: Trump I wanna.jpg (135KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Trump I wanna.jpg
135KB, 640x480px
>>33637594

Hmm, he is a sexy devil, ain't he?
>>
>>33637594
because he was into fencing and not something autistic like HEMA
>>
>>33640360
Fencing is the epitome of autism when it comes to "sword" fighting though.

>no, it was ME who scored a point because of [obscure autistic rule]
>RRRREEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>33640427
Now it is. When Patton began studying, though, saber fencing was still a valid skill for a cavalryman. Further, he literally wrote the (last) book on the subject for the US army.
>>
>>33637594
The difference is that he actually acknowledges firearms as the superior tool for the task of killing. The main problem with most sword autists is that they think they can compete in a modern setting.
>>
>>33637753
>repros

Please do not buy repros of antique swords.

It is a cavalry sword for use on hourseback in the charge and your concept of 'balance' does not come into it. A genuine one is not that expensive so go and get it if you want it BUT DO NOT FUND ThE REPRO/FAKE JUNK MARKET

Autist; Buys fake/repro swords and thinks he is a deadly killing machine. Pollutes the world with fake antiques used to defraud

Non Autist; Buys antique pieces, conserves and studies them and their individual history as historical objects including their method use
>>
File: 1491630863536.jpg (420KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1491630863536.jpg
420KB, 960x1280px
>>33641280
> It can cut through a tanks like paper! Gaijin go home!
Oh yeah. I certainly know some people like that.
>>
>>33641280

The main problem is not with people who collect, conserve and study genuine period swords, bayonets, lances etc and their use and history. The problem is teenage fuckwits who encourage Chinese factories to pump out shit heap crap that occasionally gets defarbed and used to rip off the less knowledgeable at auction by passing as the genuine article.

Why teens and milennials?

They are too useless to take up a real sport like fencing or riding and too young to own guns, so they buy utter shit from china and prance about pretending to be medieval knights or samurai because they think it scares off other teens who may give them a wedgie or punch.

They are a big market and absolute cancer

They are literally driving the destruction of military heritage. In japan repro swords are illegal. If the west cared about it's military heritage it would do the same.
>>
>>33637594

He designed one of the greatest swords in the world. Everyone needs a hobby.
>>
>>33641312
No, your classmate buying wallhangers instead of whatever Chinese made tat you buy won't make any difference whatsoever all said and done. Kids do stupid shit, the rest of society ignores them.
>>
>>33637594
Its weird, almost like /k/ isnt a single body of thought, and there are people with varying opinions, which can lead one they have found a contradiction when in reality they are just desperately trying to be the next best meme so their neet lifestyle is worth something and they can show their mom the reddit screencap.
>>
>>33641560
>being this big of a faggot
>>
>>33640427
You're talking about a sport you confused autist. People "fighting" in artificial conditions. Their lives aren't in danger and victory is determined by contact with the opponent.

Fencing as a combat technique simply doesn't exist anymore. No swordsman would do the borderline suicidal moves these fencers do just to score points, because in real life there are no points and the guy trying to kill you isn't going to stop everything and say "wow you stabbed my wrist, I give up". The fight continues until you stab him through the torso or he cuts you down with a violent slash.

Sports are ritualized violence, not actual violence. This is /k/, not /sp/. When people talk about swords they mean the weapons, the real deal. They aren't talking about some olympic bullshit sport or some retarded TV show where the fencer wins against the kendoka because he stabbed his thigh a split second before taking a powerful slash to the middle of forehead.

Dear god please tell me you aren't a martial artist or some shit, you might actually try to apply that stuff in self-defense and get yourself killed
>>
>>33641290
What exactly is a "repro" or "fake" sword? To me it sounds like you're talking about "any cheap ass sword poorly made in China to cater to Kill Bill enthusiasts".

What's the difference between a "historical" sword and one made in 2017? Why can't you buy a properly manufactured katana or something? Are you saying it's not legit?
>>
>>33641280
>The main problem with most sword autists is that they think they can compete in a modern setting.

What?
>>
>>33640360
How the fuck is HEMA autistic?
Sport fencing is literal meme tier
>>
>>33641280
No one I know in HEMA has any delusions such as those

I shoot and would much prefer a gun in a modern fight
>>
>>33645876
>>33645852
Oh no, not talking about the HEMA guys. I actually respect them for conserving western swordsmanship. I meant I've actually met classical fat neckbeards that actually fucking thought that their Pakistani steel katana could cut through tank armor. Or that people can reliably deflect/cut bullets out of the air. Seriously deluded people.
>>
>>33646387
I say let them take their mass produced shit to Syria, and tell them to fight ISIS. They'll all get snackbarred when they try to slash the shockwave of a suicide vest around them. No more autismos.
>>
>>33637864
R E I N C A R N A T I O N
>>
>>33637795
>Patton dies Dec 21, 1945
>believes in reincarnation
>Trump is born June 14, 1946
>>
>>33640360
>HEMA
>autistic
Babby's first troll
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.