[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For sub-9x19 cartridges, what are supposed to use if you carry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: ar9fmj92.jpg (76KB, 800x520px) Image search: [Google]
ar9fmj92.jpg
76KB, 800x520px
For sub-9x19 cartridges, what are supposed to use if you carry something in one these?

I can't seem to find any consensus.
>>
Just load this thing with whatever the hell you want.
>>
>>33633828
Don't carry a sub-par soviet PP-copy

You have like 3 ammo choices
>>
Although I should mention that hollow point bullet design has no disadvantages as compared to metal jacketed rounds.
>>
>>33633852
I'm just using a pic of 9x18, but I'm asking about sub-9x19 cartridges in general.

Whether it's 9x18, .380 or .32 ACP.
>>
>>33633866
>no disadvantages
>no factory HP loadings can even consistently reach 12" of penetration
>all FMJ loadings grossly overpenetrate 20"+
9x18 Makarov is and always will be inferior

>>33633901
.380 ACP has a few JHP loadings that are legitimately worthwhile, specifically anything with an XTP bullet. HPR, Hornady, and Precision One are all brands of ammo that consistently pass the FBI penetration standard, have consistent velocities, good expansion, and all-around are high quality ammunition. It has more inconsistent expansion with four layers of denim but still well within the penetration standard. Almost any other HP is under-preforming and FMJ is horribly over penetrating.

I haven't done as much research on the .32 ACP but the most important aspect is going to be sufficient penetration which I'm certain hollow points will inhibit. i know that Hornady XTP and Underwood XP's both have a good reputation for damage and penetration.
>>
>>33633849
/thread
>>33633852
Oh for fucks sake, how have you not drowned in your own spit yet, or choked on your own tongue?
>>
>>33633970
Underwood XC, not the XP*

My bad. Still, ball ammo should be a last resort in either. The Cavitator has a slight possibility for mild over-penetration, the XP is going to over-penetrate almost every time without exception.
>>
>>33633988
Oh, and for .32 carry lehigh defense ultra cavitator or whatever the fuck they call it.
And for .380 I use Hornsby critical defense.
Maybe not the best in the world but fairly good.
>>
>>33634005
The Hornady Critical Defense for .380 fails to penetrate even 9" of ballistics gel on average out of a 3" barrel. I would consider looking at a different cartridge honestly. At that depth even .25 ACP HP's would be beating it.
>>
>>33633970
Overpenetration is a good thing because all of my enemies are obese.
>>
>>33634083
Why don't you test each on your head and return to us with your results?
>>
>>33634304
Why don't you create an argument instead of letting emotions overcome you everytime you see my trip, silly slavaboo
>>
>>33634083
I said "I use"
I don't normally carry a .380 and have damn near no knowledge of the cartridge beyond "it pales in comparison to 9x18, and hornady feeds quite reliably in what I use"

I actually tend to use .32 or 9x18 over .380.

So. Fuck your shit for taking something I said and twisting it by leaving out the "I use" part.
>>
>>33634355
It's not an argument. It's an attempt to bring the bar up by culling the retards. I don't care about the mak. I just want you to go away.
>>
>>33634509
It doesn't pale in comparison at all, really. They're very similar ballistically and given the fact that there's actually sufficient HP loadings for .380 it really is superior for defense in almost every way. The marginal power you gain with x18 is offset by good ammo choices with x17.

I don't care about your semantics, just letting you know that the Hornady FTX in .380 is really good for cats and groundhogs, just not people.
>>
>>33634635
/thread.

Leon has been BTFO on multiple occasions by multiple anons and spouts the same. Stupid. Shit.
He's very obviously a troll and has somehow not been banned.
It's odd.
>>33634643
>implying FMJ 9x18 isn't perfectly acceptable if not excellent for CC
If it ain't 9mm Luger then you ought to be carrying FMJs (the exception being Lehigh defense apparently)
>>
>>33634783
>over 20" of penetration is ever acceptable for a carry round
yeah fuck innocent bystanders

you're a butthurt slavfag and when you're faced with facts you shrivel up
>>
>>33633828
Modern hollow points for Mak are good carry ammo, especially hornady and buffalo bore.

Unless you're in the arctic fighting guys in several heavy layers of clothing the round has more than enough penetration to get the job done.

People like to talk about how you "need" FMJ but this advice would get you killed.
>>
>>33634819
>being mugged by someone in a crowd
First off, I've had both .380 and 9x18 get caught in a pair of old jeans I used as a makeshift target once (long story short I forgot regular target but did have some old shit I was gonna donat along with me)

It will not over penetrate (at least with the brand I usually use) and if it does, it will not have enough power to cause any significant damage if anything beyond a bruise.
But hey, that's just me saying fuck innocent bystanders, right?

And as someone who's witnessed you multiple times, it is not the slavaboos who shrivel.
>>
>>33633828
this is completely off-topic, but I find that box to be rather aesthetically pleasing

>>33633852
if you hate the Makarov so much then why do I see your annoying ass in every thread that is even tangentially-related to Makarovs? Methinks that you have repressed feelings for Mak-chan,
>>
>>33635928
Agreed on the box.
I wish companies started using boxes that look like old boxes from the 50's, or even better, old military ammunition esque boxes.

Also
He probably has an entire room in his house filled with nothing but Makarovs, and his PPK is secretly disgusted by him for loving them more.

He has over seven thousand Makarov mags, fourth holsters, and goodness knows how many extra parts.
>>
File: 64585cdbd07599a6ce4092bceae66494.jpg (252KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
64585cdbd07599a6ce4092bceae66494.jpg
252KB, 1024x768px
>>33635955
>I wish companies started using boxes that look like old boxes from the 50's, or even better, old military ammunition esque boxes.
if only. I have about a dozen boxes of old .30 Carbine ammo, some of them look like pic related and the rest have a white-and-red scheme with a wood grain background. Both are pretty top-notch designs IMO.

TulAmmo and Golden/Silver/Brown Bear are both kinda nice to look at but they don't really compare to the OG ammo boxes.

>his PPK is secretly disgusted by him for loving them more.
nah, I bet his PPK enjoys watching him shoot Mak-chan, she must get a sense of satisfaction out of seeing something so superior to herself perform.

:^)
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.