[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /k/ I'm a no-guns with a hand injury and a question.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: absolutely disgusting.jpg (45KB, 570x845px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely disgusting.jpg
45KB, 570x845px
hey /k/

I'm a no-guns with a hand injury and a question.

What would be the best possible rifle (.223/7.62x39) pistol (smaller than .45) and shotgun (no smaller than 20 gauge) for someone who has little to no use of their left thumb?

I can still use a pump gun, but not well, especially not if it takes a lot of force. Things like double barrels and revolvers are extremely difficult since I need to hold the fresh round with my middle and index fingers, but they're still doable.

Gun Jesus pic is unrelated.
>>
>>33627339
Any auto loader sounds right up your alley.
>>
>>33627359
Like what, an M4 maybe?
>>
>>33627339
Well honestly pistol magazine loading is going to be fine if you just use an auto loader like >>33627359
suggested, absent one the easiest mag i've ever done was for a five seven due to it loading like a rifle mag. my question would be, how easy is it for you to rack a slide? some guns obviously have much heavier ones.

as far as a shotgun goes, i'd just get a semi mossberg or remington, or maybe a beretta a300

have you tried using rifles? assuming you're right handed the thumb might not come into play as much as you think but if you have trouble you could just get some semiauto with a pistol grip. i'm just wondering where the trouble comes from
>>
>>33627399
Yee, any of the ARs for your 5.56 fix. Auto loader pistols are easy and you don't need to press the slide release, mag releases can be made easier for your situation and bonus points for paddle release. Auto loading shotguns are easy, the only issue you may have with your situation is shell loading.
>>
>>33627448
I actually have a Five-seveN airsoft pistol, and I love it because it has little wings I use like on a C96.

I have used an airsoft AK, G36C, and P90. The P90 was hardest to use because of the grip and the mag release.

Basically the tip of my thumb cannot grasp inward. So that motion you do with an AK release is impossible, and I have to use my trigger hand's middle finger.

>>33627461
I wonder if anyone ever made a shotgun that had interchangeable magazine tubes...
>>
>>33627461
fuck, listen to this guy.
i thought he was referring to uplulas
>>
>>33627448
I have never handled a real 1911, but on my airsoft compact 1911 I can charge by using the back of the ejection port against my palm like a makeshift charging handle. I'm assuming real 1911s are far harder to charge though.
>>
>>33627485
>P90 was hardest to use because of the grip and the mag release.
no doubt, i feel like a lot of bullpups would give you grief. AR is not a bad choice at all.
>>
>>33627485
Competition shotguns have that Mag-x or what ever cylindrical magazine, It may be hotswappable. Don't know.
>>
>>33627508
I had figured AR was the answer, especially with all of the crazy aftermarket parts.
Did you see that new bolt catch that extends back so you can use it with your trigger hand's thumb?

>>33627513
I've seen pump guns with box magazines, but have yet to see a semi-auto with one. I'm assuming that's because of reliability.
That mag-x thing looks pretty cool, but I don't think I can rotate that unless it rotates automatically.
>>
>>33627539
>Did you see that new bolt catch that extends back so you can use it with your trigger hand's thumb?
Sorry, not really an AR guy and I gotta head to bed. Good luck sir. Also, it's tacky to bring if you're doing trap or something but they do make saigas (lel, i know) chambered in 12ga
>>
>>33627339
I would say an AR, and an HK VP9. The VP9 has a small set of charging nubs on the back of the slide that really make it easy to rack the slide. Honestly though, you are probably fucked in the shotgun realm.
>>
>>33627577
I totally forgot about saigas.
Probably shoulda been sober before making this thread. Thanks my dude.

>>33627594
They look about the same as those on the 57, which is good.
>>
File: 1477434517031.jpg (709KB, 2166x1530px) Image search: [Google]
1477434517031.jpg
709KB, 2166x1530px
>>33627339

Probably an autoloading (semi-auto) pisol with a large surface area on the slide. For example, CZ are a no-go. And ones that are considered relatively easy to rack the slide (often marketed to women, no offense)
>>
File: 1492020412866.gif (916KB, 300x152px) Image search: [Google]
1492020412866.gif
916KB, 300x152px
>>33627339

Reason for wanting smaller guage being youre small and cant lift much weight or you just dont like recoil? If you dont like recoil, the remington 1100 is a classic auto loader that has a huge following but I'd do a minimum of 20 guage. Get modified choke (that's what it's called not telling you to modify the choke) though if you're not familiar with shotguns since it's the best balance of range/spread for 90% of uses aside from duck hunting. The 1100 is semi auto and heavier than a pump action, anything heavier in the same caliber/guage will recoil less than something of the same caliber/guage that's lighter, plus, it being automatic and using the recoil to cycle also soaks up even more of the recoil.

For the rifle, some AR15, very little recoil, not especially heavy and if you know how to build them you can get them as light as 5 1/2 pounds.

Pistol, that's a pretty open field I don't like to get into often because there are so many great options, however, with your thumb issue, look into the European style paddle release on the H&Ks and walthers. They're magazine releases that are placed on the trigger guard that you strike with your middle finger instead of the American push button that's on the grip. The Walther PPQ M1 is a fantastic gun with no modifications. The PPQ M2 is the same as the M1 except the magazine release is american style, M2 magazines don't work in M1 guns if you buy one. Get 9mm, don't fall for any memes.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.