[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I removed the bullet and drilled a hole into some 7.62x54r cartridges

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 762x54_bulg.214174447.jpg (53KB, 1049x488px) Image search: [Google]
762x54_bulg.214174447.jpg
53KB, 1049x488px
I removed the bullet and drilled a hole into some 7.62x54r cartridges for a necklace I made for a friend, I used a vice for the bullets and then I put them back in the cartridges sans the powder. The primers are still active though. What would happen if I loaded and shot a round in the mosin on a cartridge that still had an active primer and bullet but no powder?
>>
a loud noise. make sure to wear ear pro. Also clean your shitty rifle when you're done.
>>
The bullet would get stuck in the barrel and the next full powered round you shoot would probably cause some damage.
>>
>>33624255
It would have very low recoil, but the primer would be enough to push the bullet through the barrel.

If it doesn't make it through, you can just load a full powered round behind it and it'll push the bullet from the primer-only round out.
>>
>>33624255
Any photos of the necklace? I want to make one for mrs anon
>>
Squib round. Look it up
>>
>>33624255
It makes noise. That is about it. I did it with my 12 gauge single shot so I could have a spent, but not deformed round to practice reloads, cocking, and firing. It made a pretty decent bang and flash and the primer popped back some. Round extracted just fine though. You shouldn't have a problem with a nugget.

Earpro suggested, still sounds like a gunshot if the neighbors get triggered.
>>
>>33624316
Yes I know about squibs but I was unsure If I would the velocity needed to produce a squib in the first place.
>>33624294
give me a second.
>>33624278
Gee thanks , any tips for when the gun explodes?
>>
>>33624294
>>
>>33624255
well seeing as how you put a hole through the cartridge, you're probably going to damage your chamber/barrel as the gas will shoot out the side of the cartridge, going directly into the chamber wall/barrel.
>>
>>33625301
>primer alone
>having enough force to damage a steel chamber
wew
>>
You should've fired the primed empty case, OR, extracted the primer. It's not really dangerous but it could be awkward if it went off. A primer going off alone does maybe 80-90Db. It'll sting your ears if you do it indoor.
>>
>>33624255
You can just pour water in the cases and leave it for awhile and it'll ruin the priming compound.
>>
>>33626318
Wd40 nigga. 100
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.