[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder carrying with an Empty Chamber is retarded an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 47

File: clear-handgun-finger.jpg (53KB, 670x336px) Image search: [Google]
clear-handgun-finger.jpg
53KB, 670x336px
Daily reminder carrying with an Empty Chamber is retarded and will get you killed.

https://youtu.be/0FXHVjXPtJk
>>
>>33621414
Daily reminder that trying to quickdraw your way out of an ambush is suicide.

If your opponent has the drop on you, he has the drop. The whole idea of defensive carry is that you have your eyes open and react to danger before it occurs, not after.
>>
>>33621414
No to everything you said. I didn't watch your gay movie either, I don't work for you bitch.
>>
>>33621464

He doesn't, the carrier waits until he has the opportunity and the robber is distracted but is critically delayed by the amount of time necessary to chamber a round. It's a small amount of time to be sure but it's enough that the carrier dies.

Carrying empty chamber is retarded.
>>
File: cheetah.jpg (537KB, 900x685px) Image search: [Google]
cheetah.jpg
537KB, 900x685px
Best self defense gun for paranoid assholes is a double action, chambered, safety off, decocked. Zero chance of accidental discharge, all you need to do is full the trigger. I honestly don't even understand how their is a market for shit like Glocks when this weapon system exists..
>>
File: 3-Condition Drawing.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3-Condition Drawing.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>33621414
>guy messes up the chambering action, slingshots it away from target
>example of why condition 3 is bad

Come on, man.
I could post videos of people shooting themselves as they draw, and conclude that carrying Condition 0 or 1 is wrong. Show people using proper technique, and then compare the two carry styles.

Here’s a webm I made a few months back to test the different in draw times.
Time began on the frame the cameraman said “go”. Time ended on the frame the firing pin clicked.

Racking the slide added a third of a second.
I’m willing to sacrifice this time during the (maybe) single time I draw in self-defense in exchange for:

>NEVER EVER having an ND for all the years I’ll carry
>no one can steal my gun and use it on me without racking it first (something they probably wouldn’t think to do)
>complete safety of transferring the gun between my glove compartment, holster, and bedside table as I go about my day

If you don’t think this is a fair trade, then fine. But this is a value judgment; a choice of prudence, nor morals or mathematics. Don’t demonize people with different priorities.
>>
>>33621513
>all you need to do is full the trigger

That's all you have to do on a glock.
>>
>>33621748

You're a dumbass. You wont always have the chance to rack a slide.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rVPiic-ELoM

If you dont believe in yourself or what you carry, then stop carrying.
>>
>>33621748

I do the same with my pocket carry. But I'd be hesitant about carrying without a round in the chamber for a "real" carry gun- I have a small dog and a big pit or something could charge her, first I'd pick her up and kick the pit (most likely if I have time), and then I'd want to pull my gun and fire it if it jumps and attacks her/me.

You might end up in a similar situation.
>>
>>33621867

This. This a thousand times.
>>
File: goodwhip.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
goodwhip.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Daily reminder that pistol whipping is a thing
>>
File: the texas life.jpg (62KB, 426x364px) Image search: [Google]
the texas life.jpg
62KB, 426x364px
>>33621867
It's a good video, but tons of the examples are people messing up (like short stroking) or putting themselves in bad situations to start with (carrying babies)

If you include mistakes and poor preparation, then all the examples of people shooting themselves while drawing because of poor trigger-discipline are fair-game too. I could make a compilation video of people putting rounds in their own thighs and say that C1 or C0 are wrong.

>if you don't do it the way I think best, don't do it at all. disarm yourself because I disagree with you.

You are the cancer of firearms communities, you know that? This the epitome of "it doesn't harm you, so why forbid it", since I can never ND.
Prig.

>>33621873
Indeed, that's a legitimate concern, and you should do whichever you deem best.
I'm not opposed to anyone carrying with one in the chamber. It's just that there are people like >>33621867 who would rather tell fellow CC-ers to disarm completely than admit that there are ups and downs to both methods.
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 1024x679px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 1024x679px
>listen up ASPers
>cover your ASP!

Well, he's not wrong.
>>
Why would someone carry with an empty chamber?
>>
>barrel is bent
How is this safe?
>>
>>33622010

I had it happen today actually, was walking my dog around the park and a big pit charged her. She used to scream at them no matter what, but now she just sits and shakes a bit if they are not showing aggression. She just shook. Anyways, I wasn't risking it, and got ready to boot the fucker. It turned out to be very friendly.

But what if it was a dog who only showed a little aggression before attacking, or a second dog came up? I wouldn't have been able to use both hands at all times during the engagement, which could have resulted in harm to my dog or myself.

It is better to have a gun than nothing, but we all have to mature and become better CCers, and carrying chambered is part of that. I disagree with C0 on the principle that real life is complex and fluid, and C0 can get your ass handed to you when you should have won the engagement.
>>
>>33622127
please tell me you are a troll....I don't think i could take this today if you are serious.
>>
>falls for the "carrying with a round chambered is dangerous!" meme
>winds up spending the last moments of his life lying helplessly on his back like a fucking turtle while he gets ventilated by Jamal

kek
>>
File: 53454.jpg (47KB, 600x424px) Image search: [Google]
53454.jpg
47KB, 600x424px
>>33621513
>Zero chance of accidental discharge
>all you need to do is pull the trigger.
>all you need to do is pull the trigger.
>>
That doesn't seem like a good example. If someone's got the drop on you, you should just do what they say.
>>
>>33621414
Getting killed by someone gets you killed.

Carrying a gun is in itself already a major step towards defending yourself, but can also backfire hugely. Among others because of accidents.

Carrying with an empty chamber is a good compromise between defensive capability and safety.
>>
>>33622184

Carry in kydex/hybrid? Doesn't everyone do that anyways?
>>
>>33621748
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNX3o-trdTc
>>
>>33621748
This. Everything in this.
>>
>>33622184
this is why reholstering has so much focus on gun training. and why those hard kydex holsters are popular. and why you ride the hammer on guns that have a external hammer when u holster. that way if u feel the hammer start coming up you'll stop.
>>
>>33621748
>>complete safety of transferring the gun between my glove compartment, holster, and bedside table as I go about my day
What about transferring gun without pulling it out of the holster?
>>
>>33621776
>>33622184

Exactly why I said DOUBLE ACTION and I implied Glocks are fucking terrible. In a DA/SA you have a very heavy trigger pull that makes accidental discharge near impossible but you have no problem squeezing it in a life or death situation.
>>
>>33622201
>Carrying with an empty chamber is a good compromise between defensive capability and safety.
Yeah maybe in the 1800s when the safest way to carry a SAA was to have one cylinder empty.
Always carry chambered folks! If you are scared of glock triggers, get a gun with a manual safety or a revolver.
>>
>>33621748
The real problem is what if it jams when you rack it or a piece of clothing get in and snags it up.
>>
This might shock a lot of you, but people make choices all the fucking time whereby they potentially endanger their lives for trivial things like money, adrenaline, convenience, ...

If you ask me, life or death situations where you absolutely NEED one in the chamber are extremely rare.
But you carry and handle your gun all the time.
Thus, the risk of accidental discharge is much greater than the risk of getting killed because you couldn't rack the slide.
>>
>>33622409
That is what a manual safety is for. I carry my Beretta 92 with the safety on. When I take my gun out of it's holster or put it into the holster, it will not go off. The safety on the Beretta is in a position that makes it so you have to want to take it off to take it off. (Unlike 1911s)
The risk of accidental discharge is almost none.
>>
>>33622522
I'd much rather make a large sweeping motion than a precise finger movement when my life is on the line.
>>
>>33622561
>Thumb up
>Push against gun
>Thumb down with continuous force against gun
(This disengages the safety)
>Pull trigger

Not exactly a precise movement.
>>
>>33621414

>Keep Your Defensive Firearm Chambered

Until I carry something other than a Glock, no.

Once I get my FNS-9c, then I'll consider it.
>>
>>33622606
Ever feverishly tried to unlock or answer a smartphone? I fuck that up on the regular when stressed or frustrated.

I firmly believe that the larger the movement the better when stressed or frustrated.
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 309x321px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 309x321px
>>33622561
>I'd rather keep a large swinging motion
>>
>>33621414
Defeats the entire purpose of carrying at all
>>
>>33621414
>white robbers
>not retarded black crack-heads

way more dangerous
>>
>>33621414
Glocks + Kydex = winning combination
>>
File: papafranku is disappoint.png (348KB, 401x401px) Image search: [Google]
papafranku is disappoint.png
348KB, 401x401px
>>33622561
>>33622639
This. Gross motor skills are much more reliable under pressure/adrenaline than fine motor skills.

>>33622672
>taking an extra step to be safe with your gun is the same as having no gun at all

You’re a special kind of stupid, aren’t you?
>>
>>33622639
Have you ever tried to unlock a smartphone period? Half the time it doesn't work when functioning normally. Not a very good comparison.
I do generally agree with your point though, but the thing is, you may be more able to do the action, but you are just as likely to short stroke it. On top of that you need two hands to rack the slide vs one hand to disengage a safety. The pros and cons favor the safety, but you do you. It doesn't really effect me unless I try to mug you or something.
>>
File: brazil isis huehue.png (80KB, 494x216px) Image search: [Google]
brazil isis huehue.png
80KB, 494x216px
>>33621867
>all those brazil videos
>>
>>33622718
Gross motor skills are much more reliable under pressure/adrenaline than fine motor skills.

see

>>33622606
>>
>>33621943
haven't seen that technique before, he smacked him with the side of it didn't he?

they all usually agree the top of the slide is the way to go.
>>
>>33622409
>If you ask me, life or death situations where you absolutely NEED one in the chamber are extremely rare.

Life and death situations where you need a gun are extremely rare, but I can't think of a single one in which being able to react faster an have an extra hand free isn't a huge advantage.

If you're gonna try and be prepared, be actually fucking prepared.
>>
>>33622722
My phone unlocks perfectly pretty much all the time.
Except when I'm stressed or frustrated, like when I only get to the phone when it's been ringing for a while and I really REALLY need to pick up.
>>
>>33622758
You're thinking too much of quick draw-style confrontations.
>>
>>33621748
It's not just the third of a second, it's the second arm. If someone is attacking you and you need both your hands to get your gun into action, you are completely helpless. There's nothing you can do to stop him from taking you to the ground, and once he does so, you are his bitch. GG, no RE.
>>
>>33622779
Is there ever time where you needed a gun but not at the precise moment?
>>
>>33621867
pretty much sums up everything worth noting right here.

>>33621748
Dunning–Kruger effect in action right here folks.
>>
File: Glock 17 Sexy makeup.jpg (459KB, 1382x778px) Image search: [Google]
Glock 17 Sexy makeup.jpg
459KB, 1382x778px
>>33621414
>tfw round in the chamber no safety master race

Pull the gun up, Pew! Pew!
>>
>>33622797
Yes, when the threat was obvious in advance. Happens a lot.
>>
File: 0401-mike-smith-bubbles-getty-4.jpg (98KB, 718x559px) Image search: [Google]
0401-mike-smith-bubbles-getty-4.jpg
98KB, 718x559px
>>33621748
Bubbles?
>>
>>33622779
"Ey yo man I'm about to rob you in like 30 seconds or something so be ready for it, ahrite?"
>>
>>33622817
If you're getting robbed at gunpoint, trying to draw and shoot before the robber can pull the trigger is a very bad idea.
>>
>>33622809
If something is threatening enough for you to want to draw your pistol (I.E, not sperging out because there's a black guy in a hoodie on the other side of the street), it's threatening enough for you to have wanted that pistol drawn already.
>>
>>33622561
>precise finger movement when my life is on the line
You mean like pulling the trigger?

so many dunning kruger tards
>>
>>33622833
No shit. At some point it's too late to draw no matter what your carry style is, but when your attacker is distracted or too far away to attack you with their weapon, you want the least amount of fucking around possible involved in bringing your weapon to bear.
>>
>>33622833
no one ever said it was a good idea, stop the facile rebuttals it's weak and lame

Funny how there isn't a single legitimate fire arms instructor who recommends carrying condition 3. Kind of tells us something doesn't it?

But you guys won't listen, that much is clear from this thread. You can be hit over the head with reality and completely ignore it.
>>
>>33622851
Even trained people fuck up trigger pulls under stress.

>>33622860
And some people are willing to sacrifice some of that time in exchange for added safety from accidents.

>>33622903
wtf

I'm responding to the situation presented in >>33622817
>>
>>33622290
>long hard trigger pull when the first shot matters most

lol, k
>>
File: The Smuggler.png (48KB, 349x448px) Image search: [Google]
The Smuggler.png
48KB, 349x448px
>>33622803
>>33622851

>I just learned a new term and can't wait to apply it to everyone I disagree with to sound smart.
>>
Why not just carry a revolver?

>no safety
>no need to rack a slide
>>
>>33621414
>if you ever need a firearm to defend yourself you need it right now
This is factually, obejctively wrong. Way to start a video.

While there are plenty of situations where the additional time needed to chamber a round might get you killed, there is even more situations where you will have enough time to chamber a round. Not every self-defense scenario involves someone already pointing a firearm at you.

In fact, if someone is already pointing a gun at you, compliance is by far the best strategy since there is no way in fucking hell your draw is faster that the guy's trigger finger and attempting a disarm is extremaly risky even if you practice is for hours each and every day.

This video is fucking stupid and the guy is a fatfuck.
>>
>>33622184
>CCing with a leather holster that doesn't fully cover the trigger
You have only yourself to blame.
>>
>>33622924
>I have exceptionally weak fingers
k
>>
>>33622979
>>33622809

Please enlighen us and tell us the kind of situations where you have additional time to thoroughly prepare your self
>>
>>33621867

>that motorcycle clip

fuck
>>
>>33622909
>>33622924
>>33622950
>>33622979

3 types of retardation posses by condition 3 carriers.

1- Comfort level. crawl - walk - run. Until people are comfortable and trust themselves, it will stay C3. To me, this is the only valid reason since it tells me that they're at least concerned with safety. Can be corrected with training.

2- Mindset failure. - "I have a gun, so I'm good". Typically disconnected and naive in all aspects of life. Very difficult to change this mindset with words. Generally takes a very negative personal experience to open their eyes.

3- Dunning-Krueger - "I'll just rack it if I need it". Keep moving, there's nothing you can do, they already know everything.
>>
>>33623034
When the attacker is focusing on other people first, when the attacker is threatening you in advance, etc.
>>
>>33623067
>when the attacker is focusing on other people
You are not dependent for there to be other people
>When the attacker is threatening you
The situation hasnt escalated to warrant a gun. Introducing a gun needlessly escalates the sitaution
>>
>>33623117
>not
now*
>>
>>33623054
Some people just want a gun, but not the risks related to a loaded chamber.

These people know very well there may be situations where this may cost them, but they are willing to make that trade-off.
>>
>>33621464

>Daily reminder that trying to quickdraw your way out of an ambush is suicide.
Please stop this meme
Diversion and trickery can easily help you turn the tables on someone with a gun pointed at you.
Also, not doing appendix meme carry so everyone in front of you can always see your gun before it's drawn helps too.
>>
>>33622979
>I have no argument so I'll just stick to insults!
>>
>>33623129
>not the risks related to a loaded chamber.
which are negligible if you carry a gun with an actual safety. even with a glock safety, the only threats are NDs and ADs, both of which are your responsibility to prevent. and if you can't figure out how to not ND or have shit by the weapon that could pull the trigger, don't fucking carry.
>>
>>33621748
>life or death situations will allow me to draw perfectly, just like the stress-free, standing still, open space drills in my living room

please don't be this stupid
>>
>>33623117
>You are now dependent for there to be other people
It's a situation that actually happens, anon.

This is some very strange reasoning, because at the basis you're also dependent for there not to be any attacker.

>The situation hasnt escalated to warrant a gun. Introducing a gun needlessly escalates the sitaution
Even if he has a knife and is coming towards you?
>>
>>33623132
The argument is there, insults are just a bonus. Learn to read.
>>
Condition 1 seems like the ideal desu
>>
>>33623145
>which are negligible
Maybe. But considering that you're carrying and handling your gun all day every day, it's something to consider.

>if you can't figure out how to not ND or have shit by the weapon that could pull the trigger, don't fucking carry.
By this logic, having airbags or seatbelts means "you can't figure out how not to crash".
>>
>>33623155
>it's a situation that happens
I have no doubt of that
But relying for there to be always another person is a fallacy

>if he has knife and coming towards you
You're already at the disadvantage
Needing to rack the slide puts you at en even further disadvantage
>>
>>33623188
>relying for there to be always another person
What the fuck are you talking about? This is just ONE possible scenario where you'll have enough time to rack.

>You're already at the disadvantage
Are you serious?

A guy with a knife in his hand a few dozen yards away has the advantage over someone with a concealed gun still holstered?
>>
File: poker ambush.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
poker ambush.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>33623150
Who are you quoting? No one has said anything like this.
>>
>>33623131
NO ONE has said this, you are building a strawman argument because your Israeli carry is discredited and retarded and your a fucking amateur sperg.
>>
>>33621464
https://youtu.be/Riqv-a5NeWM

O rly?
>>
>>33623242
This dude had time to rack.
>>
>>33623217
>it's just one possible situation
That doesn't help your case friendo, it only strengthens mine

>>33623217
>few dozen yards away
Neat
Not what if he's under 21ft away?
>>
>>33621497
not to mention when he chambered a round, the gun seemed to have pushed way forward from the slide sling shotting forward.
And I don't think he pulled the slide far enough back initially to have loaded a round anyways.
>>
>>33622290
or you know, GET A GOOD HOLSTER? Train and practice drawing the gun from holster?
A glock isn't going to magically shoot by itself unless you come across a tragically mechanical failure of epic proportions.
>>
>>33623257
>That doesn't help your case friendo, it only strengthens mine
You asked for examples of situations where you have time, this was just one example.

Are you drunk or something?

>Not what if he's under 21ft away?
I was giving you an example of a situation where you DO have time to rack.

I know that there are situations where you won't have time to rack.
>>
>>33623291
So you admit it's better to keep a round chambered?
>>
>>33622924
As opposed to racking the gun?
>>
>>33623233
>Here’s a webm I made a few months back to test the different in draw times.

>Racking the slide added a third of a second. I’m willing to sacrifice this time during the (maybe) single time I draw in self-defense
>>
That's why my carry gun is a revolver - always chambered, never jams.
>>
>>33622804
>vape
>gay ass color fill job
How much gayer can you get?
>>
>>33623257
Daily reminder that the 21 foot rule is completely debunked and was created/propagated to cover the ass of trigger happy cops on the off chance they end up in a courtroom after a shooting.

>>33621414
This guy wasn't going to do well even with a chambered round, watch his body language. It's obvious he's up to something, he's not calm at all, and it looks like he drew when the robber was looking straight at him. The guy was clearly ready for him to try something and pulled the trigger immediately. Drawing a CC is something you do either A.) before you actually have a gun pointed at your vital zone or B.) when you can make gross body movements out of view of the armed perpetrator. Situational awareness is and always will the most important factor of surviving a situation like this.

If you're so worried about that split second of draw time you lose when racking, why aren't you an advocate of wearing soft armor around under your clothes everywhere you go?
>>
>>33623338
I definitely see pros and cons on both sides.

Shootings are extremely rare, while carrying takes place day in day out. Personally I'd carry with an empty chamber most of the time, knowing full well that it may cost me my life under certain circumstances.

This is the price I'm willing to pay to prevent accidental discharges that may injure or kill me or - even worse - a loved one.
>>
File: dl tactical tip.jpg (29KB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
dl tactical tip.jpg
29KB, 500x343px
>>33621414
PIC
FUCKING
RELATED
>>
Consider this:

If you get attacked and fail to kill or disable your attacker, very little to no blame will fall upon you.

If you have an accidental discharge and you harm yourself or innocent bystanders, that's on you for the rest of your life.

Not saying this is the definitive argument in this discussion, but it's definitely something to consider.
>>
>>33623220
What happened to the left cop, did he get pokde?
>>
Oh god. It's the retard from yesterday's thread who's afraid of carrying with one in the chamber. He got Btfo non stop for like 20 hours until the thread died. Now he's in this one trying to justify it again.
>>
This topic will never be settled. The only solution is for both sides to don identifying colors and shoot each other on sight. Only then we will see who was right.
>>
>>33623459
He shot his own hand.

If he was carrying condition 3 he wouldn't have, instead he probably would have been stabbed while trying to rack the slide.
>>
>>33623466
>This topic will never be settled.
That's because this is a matter of preference and opinion.

Whether someone carries chambered or not shouldn't concern you the way it seems to concern some of the posters here.
>>
>>33623458
>If you get attacked and fail to kill or disable your attacker, very little to no blame will fall upon you.

No, you'll just die or get beaten into a coma.
>>
>>33623464
How do you BTFO someone on a matter of opinion?
>>
>>33623535
Btfo all your arguments against carrying with one in the chamber. You even admitted it was fear of an nd, which is ridiculous. If you can't trust yourself to handle a firearm you shouldn't have one.
>>
File: Master-of-the-Obvious.jpg (32KB, 284x347px) Image search: [Google]
Master-of-the-Obvious.jpg
32KB, 284x347px
>>33623528
>>
>>33623569
>If you can't trust yourself to handle a firearm you shouldn't have one.

I'll go hand them in tomorrow, please accept my apologies.
>>
>>33623493
The time for debate has passed. Now is the time of the new colored demes. Nothing less than empirical evidence will do.
>>
File: 1445036754624.jpg (312KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1445036754624.jpg
312KB, 1920x1080px
>>33623352
This.
>>
>>33623569
Nobody's immune to NDs, and carrying with an empty chamber also helps against ADs.
There are pros and cons to everything anon, chill out.
>>
>>33623788
>Nobody's immune to NDs
What part of 'negligent' don't you understand?
>>
>>33623256
>Go behind girl
>*CLICK-CHACK*
>Ventilated get ventilated right through her
>Mission accomplished
>>
>>33623826
Nobody's immune to negligence.
>>
>>33621748
Rack your gun while someone is pinning you on the ground
>>
>>33623788
Sure, if you get lazy and too comfortable
>>
File: Bill.jpg (316KB, 1160x629px) Image search: [Google]
Bill.jpg
316KB, 1160x629px
I think it's fine to carry one in the chamber, but this guy probably would have gotten hosed anyway even if he had; unless he had Jerry Miculek-tier drawing ability, the window of opportunity in this instance was just too short to have worked effectively.

It's terrible that he died, but this video demonstrates that restraint can be necessary if you're at a disadvantage in a situation like this
>>
>>33623886
Humans are fallible. This shouldn'tbe news to you.
>>
>>33621470
you have to be 18 to post here
>>
If you are so worried about your inability to safely handle a loaded firearm maybe concealed carry just isn't for you.

That said, it's your life not mine so do what you want.
>>
>>33621748
Bubbles is a quick draw...kitty lives matter
>>
>>33621513
>I honestly don't even understand how their is a market for shit like Glocks

Lowest liability cost.
>>
>>33623920
And resigning to the fact that you will get an ND no matter what is lazy mindset
>>
"Safety, always off."
-Cyrus
>>
>>33624009
Accidents happen, and not always because of inability.

>>33624053
Good thing I'm not resigned to having an ND no matter what.
>>
>>33621464
>not ankle carrying
>bend down to beg for mercy then cap them with your piece
>>
tl;dr

revolvers
>>
>>33622979
>if someone is already pointing a gun at you with the intent to kill
>your move
>>
If you get mobbed you may not have enough rounds for all of them if you carry a revolver though
>>
>>33623352
I've had revolvers fail on me plenty of times. They're not bad guns but ffs stop saying they don't have malfunctions.
>>
>>33622290

What a dumb fuck.

My CZ75 has a 7lb DA, 3.5lb SA
>>
I just carry one in chamber because dad taught so.
I do not understand the debate here, what are downsides?
>>
I want a Glock 43 with an external hammer that is da/SA

Why no da/SA lightweight single stack 9s?

Sig doesn't count it isn't light
>>
>>33621414
PARDON ME, I DON'T MEAN TO INTERRUPT YOUR SURPRISE ASSAULT, MUGGING, RAPING OR CARJACKING, BUT PLEASE ALLOW ME A MOMENT TO CHAMBER A ROUND KIND SIR

YOU SEE I'M TOO RETARDED TO KNOW HOW TO GET A PROPER HOLSTER AND LEARN TO DRAW CORRECTLY OR EVEN HAVE A GUN SUITABLE FOR CARRYING, SO I MUST CARRY AT A HANDICAP FAVORING YOU
>>
>>33625115
Idiots who cant keep their booger hooks away from the trigger.
>>
>>33625139
Cz Rami
>>
>>33622790
THIS holy shit, these fags need to stop harping on the time. Using the gun one handed is much more important. See any CCW/combatives programs that use simunitions, you do not want to have two hands on the gun if someone is coming at you with a knife
>>
>>33623458
>If you get attacked and fail to kill or disable your attacker, very little to no blame will fall upon you.

Then get sued for damages. Or have their story they give police contradict yours i.e. "I went up to him to ask if he had a cigarette and he said 'die nigger' and shot me :("
>>
>>33623482
>If he was carrying condition 3 he wouldn't have
I don't think so, he already had the gun drawn and was slowwwly getting a grip on it. It looks like he shot his hand while blasting away one-handed instead of getting a full grip
>>
>>33625909
He said light weight.
>>
>>33626216
regardless we can agree he was better served with one in the pipe, as he was the officer responsible for the medically incapacitating shots IIRC
>>
>>33626322
agreed, he could've been shanked quick if he had to rack
>>
>>33623220
kek thats my city
>>
>>33623220
I don't even know what the fuck I'm looking at.
>>
>>33624995

The only ppl say the whole reliable shit, are fudds or fags who never shoot.
>>
BUT BUT THE KIKE ARMY CARRIES CONDITION 3 GUYS
>>
>>33626371
two body cams from two cops searching a house, guys pops outta nowhere, cop on the left shoots his own hand while magdumping one handed
>>
>>33625139
same
>>
>>33626047
This is an argument for not carrying at all.
>>
>>33625115
Increased risk of accidents.
>>
>>33623220
>>33626322
>>33626338
Of course he was better served with one in the pipe, he's a fucking cop in the middle of a potentially dangerous house search.
>>
>>33621414
If you're not carrying condition one or two you shouldn't be carrying at all desu
>>
>>33629177
Are you sure about that?
>>
>>33629195
yes
>carrying in a condition that forces you to anything but pulling the trigger or taking off the safety and shooting
>being able to rack the slide of your gun in the event of an emergency
have fun getting killed desu
>>
>>33629281
So you would prefer carrying no gun at all over a gun with an empty chamber?
>>
>>33629288
Yes? What is the point off carrying without one in the chamber?
>inb4 nd
>>
>>33629298
How is having an empty chamber worse than not having a gun at all?
>>
>>33629302
You're forcing yourself to add extra time to your draw - where that time, whether it be seconds or milliseconds, mean life or death for you and the person who is threatening your life. You still haven't told me the point of carrying without a round in the chamber, either
>>
>>33629312
>You're forcing yourself to add extra time to your draw

a) empty chamber = a bit of extra time added to draw

b) no gun at all = no draw at all

How is a) worse than b)?
>>
>>33629320
>bit of extra time
Again that extra time can very well end up going against your favor >>33621414
>still haven't told me the point of carrying condition 3
>>
Out of curiosity, where the hell are you all living that you think you need an instakill device at the ready every second?
The number of ND's posted on /k exceeds the number of defensive firearm uses by a factor of 6.
Unless your office is at the corner of crack avenue and pop a cap in your ass lane, I really don't get it.

I mean, bill of rights, not needs, ya. But taking a small risk every day of a ND when the odds of using the item that causes the risk is essentially zero...its just a misapplication of statistics.

What's the NNT for this decision?
>>
>>33629326
>Again that extra time can very well end up going against your favor
It may very well yes.
But not having any gun will DEFINITELY go against your favor.

So how is "draw time extended by a little" worse than "draw time irrelevant because no gun"?
>>
>>33629320
>No carry
>Get mugged, have to comply, may or may not be killed
>Condition 3
>Get mugged, draw weapon but be unable to follow through on threat, almost certainly get killed.

Remember, it's not just a fraction of a second you're giving up, though that's vital time you don't have to waste.

You're also giving up any hope of defending yourself if you're attacked during your draw, as well as giving up your ability to draw and fire once taken to the ground.
>>
>>33629346
You would seriously try to quick-draw on a mugger who is within striking distance?
>>
>>33629330
This isn't the place for logic, statistics, and good sense. This is /k/ where the paranoid mix with LARPers.

The odds of being in a situation where it will be a 'good shoot' and having so little time that the difference between one in the chamber seem mighty long. But there are also people here who insist that you learn to draw while in the middle of taking a dump, because 'never let your guard down'.

I suppose technically that's correct. It sure seems like a shitty way to live.
>>
>>33629330
This.

And this.>>33629367
>>
>>33624995
Maybe you should stop buying Taurus, friend
>>
>>33621873
>Kick a pit bull
You're a fucking idiot of the highest caliber, anon. I was powerlifting putting up 1100 in the big 3 when a pit attacked one of my dogs and I beat that fucking thing so hard with a baseball bat that I almost blacked out from the strain and he didn't even die. He only stopped because I hit him in the back of the head enough times to cause a seizure. He was obviously in pain later on, but it didn't kill him.
For anyone who is wondering, my dog was fine, also. My point is that you're not going to hurt a pit at all with your bare hands and probably not with most handheld weapons, particularly if it's coming for you and not one of your dogs.
>>
>>33629356
>Be being attacked
>Get tackled
>Getting head smashed against pavement
>"Well I guess it's too late better not try to-*DEAD*"

Anyways good luck explaining to the jury why you drew on someone more than 20 feet away (easily enough distance to run your ass down if you're trying to draw and rack)
>>
>>33622239
>John Lovell
My nigga
>>
>>33622638
You're retarded and shouldnt own firearms
>>
>>33629367
This kind of absolutist mindset is really obvious in the US.

>fmj is useless, always carry hollow points OR DON’T CARRY AT ALL
>use 9x19 as the bare minimum for carry guns OR DON’T CARRY AT ALL
>always carry with one in the pipe for maximum combat effectiveness OR DON’T CARRY AT ALL
>drill every day OR DON’T CARRY AT ALL

And people are making money brainwashing rubes into adopting this mindset.
>>
>>33621867
>2:14
last stand noob
>>
>>33629378
noted
>>
>>33629405
What about carrying revolvers? Is that frowned upon?
>>
>>33629428
/k/ doesn't like revolvers because they don't hold many rounds and they can't impress other neckbeards on /k/ with them
>>
>>33629383
I know that a slightly increased and more complicated draw time may very well end badly for me.

Just like I know that riding my mountain bike without a neckbrace may very well end badly for me.

Life is all about tradeoffs, or nobody would leave the house.

No need to keep coming up with these "your ass is grass kiddo" scenarios.

The point is that under a lot of circumstances, I'd very much rather have a pistol with an empty chamber than no pistol at all.
>>
>>33622718
if youre so afraid of carrying a gun, dont carry a gun
>>
>>33629428
revolvers are fine, good loads tailored to snub nosed ones are readily available too

but they do have some cons
>low capacity
>slower and more difficult reload
>long and heavy trigger pull

it comes down to preference, id rather have a semi auto 9mm than a 357 or 38 revolver, its what im more comfortable with but wont necessarily be true for everybody

i wish that the Chiappa Rhino wasnt an overpriced polished turd cuz i want a 2" Rhino so bad for A E S T H E T I C S
>>
>>33629320

In situation 'b' you are dead. In situation 'a' you are dead and Dindu McRobberson now has a new gun.
>>
>>33629618
>"Psh, your ass is grass kiddo."
>>
Would conceal carrying a LC9 with one in the chamber be good or bad?

Since it's a striker fire and needs to be manually racked before fire if thing is in the chamber.
>>
>>33629618
>>33629383
>out of control car barreling down on you
>reach behind your back - damn not carrying my RPG toda...

#splat
#youredeadkiddo
#nothingpersonnel
#GGnoQQ
#pocketthatrocket
#carryanRPGoryourealreadydeadtome
>>
>>33623178
>By this logic, having airbags or seatbelts means "you can't figure out how not to crash".

No. Car crashes can be induced by factors outside of your control like other drivers and animals begin fucking retards. The trigger of your gun being pulled or not is very much up to you.
>>
>>33629730
>Carry in a way that prevents you from responding to 90% of threats
>Get assmad that people explain how limited your defense is
>>
>>33621748
Is that Senator Armstrong?
>>
>>33629820
>Car crashes can be induced by factors outside of your contro
You mean like "accidents"?
You mean "accident" like "accidental discharge"?

Also, humans are fallible, and even the best drivers fuck up.

>>33629829
>90%
Source?

Also, I know my defensive capability is limited with an empty chamber. I'm still willing to make that trade-off for added safety from accidental discharge.
You do it your way, I'll do it mine.
Contain your nerdrage.
>>
>>33629335
does not pulling out your gun INCREASE your odds of getting shot?

because pulling out a gun but not being able to shoot it yet DEFINITELY does.
>>
>>33629851
*snaps fingers*
You are now aware that you can choose not to draw your gun even if you have one.
>>
>>33629837
Accidental discharges don't exist ( except for mechanical failures, in which case a safety is moot). Only negligent discharges.
>>
>>33629864
not that guy but but wouldn't a gun going off when dropped count as accidental?

You know, say if you fell on your ass while carrying at 4 o clock or something.
>>
>>33629864
>Accidental discharges don't exist
You're joking, right?

Two-second google search: http://www.ncwlife.com/cashmere-teen-accidentally-shot/

>Only negligent discharges.
And no man is immune to negligence.
>>
>>33629870
>carrying a gun that isn't drop safe

Negligent. Put that cowboy shit away and join the 21st century.
>>
>>33629880
>triggers can't get snagged when a gun is dropped

People have unintentional discharges trying to catch falling guns too for instance.
>>
>>33629873
>Two-second google search: http://www.ncwlife.com/cashmere-teen-accidentally-shot/

>Pointing gun at friend
>Friend didn't unload firearm before handing it off
>Friend didn't engage safety
>Wasn't paying attention to his weapon
>Holding a hot weapon by the fucking sling
>None of this is negligent
>>
>>33629902
Buy a not shit holster and use a safety.
>>
>>33629855
no shit sherlock, i only thought about that like 5 times already on this thread.

There are better ways to mitigate ND/AD risk than by carrying an unloaded weapon. Like DA/SA, active safeties (grip, trigger, button/switch), etc. Only have a Block? OK, carry condition 3.

In fact, one could argue that there are even ways that carrying condition 3 increase risk. For example, over time you will be conditioned to believe that your firearm is less dangerous. Most accidental deaths come from someone thinking or assuming a firearm is unloaded.
>>
>>33629904
I knew you were going to analyze the shit out of this one example.

The friend part has nothing to do with it, the guy was simply carrying a hot weapon, which you do with your carry gun too whenever you take it out of the holster for storage, cleaning, confrontation, ...

Here's another though:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2376692/Rabbit-hunter-died-freak-accident-trigger-snagged-zip-boot-left-Land-Rover.html

>>33629912
A not shit holster won't stop firearms from falling from your hands for a million possible reasons.

>>33629917
>There are better ways to mitigate ND/AD risk than by carrying an unloaded weapon (than with an empty chamber)
For safety? Not really.
>>
>>33629930
>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2376692/Rabbit-hunter-died-freak-accident-trigger-snagged-zip-boot-left-Land-Rover.html

>Kept gun loaded while not in his control
>Let it point at him while moving it
>No safety again

Common thread: Don't point your fucking gun at yourself or others.

>A not shit holster won't stop firearms from falling from your hands for a million possible reasons.

Why is your gun in your hands? Are you planning to use it?

How does having to rack it make you less likely to fumble it like a butter fingered autist?
>>
Revolver! And I would have just shot through the apron. Pulling that shit out from behind screwed him. As soon as he turned his back he should have drawn, chambered a round an upon turning fired. Without ever pulling it from behind the apron.
>>
>>33629974
>Kept gun loaded while not in his control
The gun was in his hands.

>Let it point at him while moving it
It's always pointed at something. Maybe the muzzle caught on something.

>No safety again
Some guns don't have them. And safeties can hamper your combat effectiveness too.

The point is something freakish happened to pull that trigger, in this case a boot zipper or a branch.

Here's another one:
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/03/robert-farago/windbreaker-drawstring-triggers-glock-negligent-discharge/

>Why is your gun in your hands? Are you planning to use it?
Perhaps, sure. Or store it, clean it, check it, ...

>How does having to rack it make you less likely to fumble it like a butter fingered autist?
Not less likely to fumble, less likely to discharge accidentally.
>>
>>33629987
>Perhaps, sure. Or store it, clean it, check it, ...

None of which are things you do while carrying? Making your carry preference irrelevant to all of those things?
>>
>>33629330
>Out of curiosity, where the hell are you all living that you think you need an instakill device at the ready every second?

when every animal outside myself has one too

if a stray redguard has an instakill device ready, I hope I'm a lot faster at grabbing mine than he is
>>
>>33629999
>None of which are things you do while carrying?
1) you do all of those things every day when you carry
2) those aren't the only instances whereby your gun may leave your holster

A gun can also fall or get forced out of your holster.
>>
>>33621748
Garrett?
>>
>>33623482
>If he was carrying condition 3
You don't know how he was carrying, because he stopped carrying long before the video started
>>
Fun story, I carry condition 1.
I had a self defense scenario occur.
Gun stovepiped a round on me.
>lightningfastsliderack fixing FTF
>get rounds off.
But thats because I saw the target and was paying attention to my surroundings. Had I been carrying condition 3 and not noticed the threat I might not be alive right now.(even though I had time to get ready for a condition 3 carry due to ftfeed)
>>
File: 7YQZaCA.jpg (129KB, 1200x627px) Image search: [Google]
7YQZaCA.jpg
129KB, 1200x627px
>>33629330

Listen to me, I will carry a DA/SA pistol or a DA revolver with exposed hammer, and there is no way that I will ND the thing. That is the entire purpose of that system, and it works.

I'm sure Glocks and those kinds of guns are fine, but occaisonally some autists will ND but that's their problem, not mine. I'm really not familiar enough with those kinds of weapons to comment on them.
>>
File: Texas Country Roads.jpg (396KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Texas Country Roads.jpg
396KB, 2048x1152px
>>33622812
>>33624039
This is like the fourth time now that someone on /k/ has compared me to this "Bubbles" guy. What is he from?
I don't see the resemblance, frankly.

>>33629835
THIS one, I totally get.

>>33630142
Nope. Not my name.

>>33629506
Taking an extra step to be safe isn't "so afraid of carrying a gun". That's like saying people who wear seatbelts are "so afraid of driving"
>>
>>33630763
>That's like saying people who wear seatbelts are "so afraid of driving"

>>33623178
>By this logic, having airbags or seatbelts means "you can't figure out how not to crash".

This comparison is pretty apt because much like the "chambered/unchambered" debate, sometimes it's better to have seatbelts and airbags, and sometimes they make things worse. Depending on the circumstances.
>>
>>33621414
>obsessively stick your finger in a gun to check it
Why do people unironically do this? Just drop the mag and cycle it a few times.
>>
>>33630851
If your extractor is busted you'll still have a round in there.
>>
File: DK effect.png (70KB, 2024x1432px) Image search: [Google]
DK effect.png
70KB, 2024x1432px
>>33630763

Every single training professional disagrees with you, and you are not gaining any safety, what you are doing is making an excuse for your lack of confidence in your weapon handling skills and your gear choices.
>>
>>33630904
>Every single training professional
Not him, but they make money from scared people. It's in their interest to brainwash you into thinking danger lurks around every corner and constant drills and lessons are required.

>your lack of confidence in your weapon handling skills
Fearing you'll fuck up racking the slide, now that's a sign of lack of confidence in weapon handling skills.
>>
>>33630946
>Not him, but they make money from scared people.

that's a hyperbolic and facile statement

They wouldn't be in the industry very long if what they teach doesn't work the best.

But you're just another dunning kruger victim, completely ignorant of your own lack of knowledge on the subject.
>>
>>33631001
Different anon. How can I, the uninformed lurker, tell that it is him and not you that suffers from Dunning Kruger?

Hell, how can I even trust that assessment, since I'm a noob and am most definitely suffering from it.
>>
>>33631001
>that's a hyperbolic and facile statement
Right.
But saying "every single training professional disagrees with you" isn't a hyperbolic and facile statement, of course.

Even though it's military doctrine pretty much the world over to have empty chambers.

>They wouldn't be in the industry very long if what they teach doesn't work the best.
Lmao.
99.99999% of their students never use their guns in actual confrontations.
>>
>>33631027
Doing some cursory internet research would quickly point out who's coming from the informed side of the discussion.

>>33631032
List me all those legit, vetted instructors who suggest carrying condition 3 with an auto loader, I'll wait.

(revolvers are clearly a different topic, empty chamber carry on a wheel gun is acceptable, just not really encouraged)
>>
>>33631133
>List me all those legit, vetted instructors who suggest carrying condition 3 with an auto loader, I'll wait.
I just told you it's military doctrine pretty much all over the world.
>>
>>33630904
>>33631001
>>33622803
>>33622851
>>33623054
>Dunning-Kruger
>this guy accusing everyone he disagrees with of being a victim of the psychological effect he learned about last week.

Seriously, just get a tripcode. You're worse than the /pol/acks who just call everyone a cuck.

You know nothing of our ability with our guns. Yet because you disagree with us, you've assigned us all the status of complete amateurs who think they're L33t oper8rs, and so now we all conveniently fit within your model of "ah yes, those poor dumb fools. Classic Dunning-Kruger... just as I suspected."
>>
>>33631186
And militaries don't really use handguns for shit, do they. Any special forces types that would use a handgun offensively carry chambered.

>>33631192
fuck off insecure retard.
>>
>>33631214
>And militaries don't really use handguns for shit, do they.
They use rifles. Unchambered. Exact same thing.
And sidearms are still very common. Unchambered.

>offensively
Well duh.
>>
File: Not an Argument.jpg (69KB, 598x792px) Image search: [Google]
Not an Argument.jpg
69KB, 598x792px
>>33631214
>>
File: ai.jpg (69KB, 638x746px) Image search: [Google]
ai.jpg
69KB, 638x746px
>>33630904
>you are not gaining any safety
>an unloaded gun is not safer than a loaded gun
>>
>>33631274
Now you're talking like a soccer mom.
>>
>>33631283
See >>33631233
>>
>>33631305
I mean you are verbatim a screeching soccer mom. Just laying that out there.
>>
File: 1413583670562.jpg (76KB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
1413583670562.jpg
76KB, 350x262px
>>33631274
In what scenario are you going to be putting your finger on the trigger if you're not on target, ready to fire? Because any reputable carry gun isn't going to fire unless you pull that trigger. If you don't have the experience or discipline to use a firearm responsibly, you shouldn't be carrying one at all.
>>
>>33631310
This >>33631274
wasn't me, but I do agree.

Objectively speaking, a gun with an empty chamber is safer from (accidental) discharge than a gun with one in the chamber.

>>33631325
>In what scenario are you going to be putting your finger on the trigger if you're not on target, ready to fire?
How about the scenarios where a branch, boot zipper, or part of a jacket pull the trigger?
>>
File: generic holster.jpg (56KB, 560x601px) Image search: [Google]
generic holster.jpg
56KB, 560x601px
>>33631330
?????

Do you not carry in a holster that covers your trigger? You shouldn't be drawing your gun and re-holstering all the time throughout the day. If you have to draw your gun, you should be using it until the threat is no longer a threat, and then you can take your time to safely re-holster. Saying you're too incompetent to safely holster your own gun is just another argument for you to maybe not be around guns.
>>
File: 1488953744673.gif (3MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1488953744673.gif
3MB, 200x200px
>>33631330
>How about the scenarios where a branch, boot zipper, or part of a jacket pull the trigger?

What the fuck are any of those things doing inside the trigger guard of your gun?
>>
>>33631330
>How about the scenarios where a branch, boot zipper, or part of a jacket pull the trigger?

As part of your training for the 5 step draw, where is your offhand, and where are you looking?

Your off hand should be pulling your shirt and jacket up and away from your holster. Your eyes should be verifying that no branches or other foreign objects are inside your holster.

This happens every single time you re-holster.
>>
>>33631228
rifles =/= concealed carried handguns

jesus christ you are fucking dense

militaries basically have no use for pistols outside of special operations, this is apples and oranges, stop being an obtuse fuckhead
>>
>>33631371
>>33631367

It literally happens.
>>
>>33631388
This.

It's clear that >>33631330 doesn't carry and has never taken any kind of carry course. Even if you don't have to take a class to carry, you should. You lose nothing by taking the time to educate yourself and if you ever do have to use your CCW, then being able to say you took the time to take courses in safe use can be beneficial in court too.
>>
File: 1478165511278.jpg (98KB, 596x392px) Image search: [Google]
1478165511278.jpg
98KB, 596x392px
>>33631391
HOW?!?! What the fuck? How will any of those things get inside of a covered trigger guard?
>>
>>33631388
Yes, but humans are fallible.

Also, accidents don't just happen when you're holstering/unholstering.

>>33631389
>rifles =/= concealed carried handguns
The principle is the exact same.

>>33631403
Holsters can get damaged, guns can get unholstered, etc.

Are any of you actually implying accidents can't happen or something? Because they happen all the time. And not just out of gross negligence either.
>>
File: 1491232872424.jpg (129KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1491232872424.jpg
129KB, 700x700px
>>33631389
>rifles =/= handguns
Just because I feel like being insufferably polemic..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqkFCn6norY
>>
File: 6584684.jpg (16KB, 221x218px) Image search: [Google]
6584684.jpg
16KB, 221x218px
>>33631417
In what world do you live where your holster is getting damaged to the point where your trigger is exposed? And you should be adjusting your level of retention based on your activity. If you're just walking downtown to grab a gallon of milk, great, slip your little 9 into a comfy light holster. If you're hiking through the woods, maybe consider something with better retention.

If your gun fires because your gear is damaged, that's negligence. If your gun fired because you didn't check to make sure your holster was clear, that's negligence. If your gun fired because you had your finger on the trigger before your were ready to fire, THAT'S negligence.
>>
File: ytu4y8e3.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ytu4y8e3.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
>>33631441
>In what world do you live where your holster is getting damaged to the point where your trigger is exposed?
The world where car accidents happen, for instance.

Or the one where kydex cracks and you don't even know how or when, like pic related.
>>
>>33631417
>The principle is the exact same.

Rifles hang and drag around your body potentially getting snagged on a bunch of shit. Your pistol stays in a holster which completely protects the trigger when not in use.

Also this >>33631441

The only time a handgun's trigger is really exposed is when you have it drawn and are either planning on putting it away or using it. In one case you are in a safe, calm environment and in the other you want a round in the chamber.
>>
>>33631455
>trigger is still fully protected

Wow
>>
File: 1428778971097.jpg (20KB, 403x389px) Image search: [Google]
1428778971097.jpg
20KB, 403x389px
>>33631455
>Car accident
Holy fuck, you are one special kind of stupid. I think drawing and re-holstering your gun is going to be your last concern after getting fucking T-Boned.
>Or the one where kydex cracks and you don't even know how or when
Hey, guess what it's called when you don't inspect or maintain your gear? I'll give you a hint. It starts with N and ends with egligence.

If your gear is damaged, buy new gear.
>>
>>33631417
>Yes, but humans are fallible.

Yes, but that's why we make it second nature. To reduce it as much as humanly possible. Probably to the point where I'm less likely to screw up there than I am remembering not to chamber a round after popping a mag in.

> Also, accidents don't just happen when you're holstering/un-holstering.

I don't think any of the things you are worried about with condition 0 happen outside of the gun:
1. going into
2. coming out of
3. or resting inside of a holster

Risk on 1 and 2 can be reduced to acceptable risk levels with training. 3 is close enough to an impossibility with a ridig holster.

Out of curiosity, how long have you been carrying condition 3, and in that time, have had anything pull your trigger accidentally?
>>
>>33631477
>fully protected
Lol no.

>>33631456
Rifles are carried hand. In some ways that's even more secure than in a holster since it's within eyesight.
And pistols in the military are also unchambered. And they're common.

>>33631501
>I think drawing and re-holstering your gun is going to be your last concern after getting fucking T-Boned.
Car accidents happen, and shit like that could damage your holster and cause a discharge. Making a bad situation much worse potentially.

>If your gear is damaged, buy new gear.
But before you notice your gear being damaged, it's still damaged.

>>33631508
Even with training, humans are fallible and accidents happen all the time.
>>
>>33631456
>>33631477
>>33631501
>>33631508
I'm not saying don't carry condition 1 or 0.

I'm saying accidents happen, and that risk is more unacceptable to me than the risk of not being able to rack my slide in an emergency.

If you feel otherwise, go ahead and carry otherwise.

Stop caring so much about other people's opinions and preferences.
>>
>>33621414
lmao this fat goon giving gun advice
>>
>>33631544
> Even with training, humans are fallible and accidents happen all the time.

Oh anon, obviously you believe you can mitigate those risks or you wouldn't be posting in a thread about machines that throw rocks over 1000fps.

> Stop caring so much about other people's opinions and preferences.

What else are we going to argue about? Another FMJ vs JHP debate?
>>
File: 1458196785487.jpg (238KB, 623x735px) Image search: [Google]
1458196785487.jpg
238KB, 623x735px
>>33631544
>this cracked holster which still clearly covers the trigger with rigid material is in fact not covering the trigger with rigid material
>rifles flopping around on a sling getting caught on whatever you have strapped to your body protects the trigger better than a good holster

Next time you decide to go on a trolling spree try to be a little more subtle.
>>
>>33622758
>I cannot work a phone under stress. So it is fair for me to project.
>Wow I cannot function when I am stressed!
>>
>>33631560
I'm actually more worried that you might get a little lax about Rule 1 since you always carry condition 3.

Like that morning, you get dressed, pop in a mag, and rack the slide (just like you would do at the range) and don't realize it because you haven't had coffee yet.

Johnny round-in-the-chamber might run a higher risk of glock leg, but he's probably more likely to treat his weapon as always loaded, since it is.
>>
>>33621748
you're not going to be that fast every time, nor are you going to have great motor control in an extremely stressful situation. enjoy your and untimely and preventable death, jackass.
>>
>>33621513
Got a mak just to have a carry piece I could keep in that configuration. Have to say, needs a trigger job, but for a 60 something year old service pistol it is a Hell of a lightweight pocket pistol.
>>
>>33629330
What's it like actually being retarded?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defensive_gun_use

Sorry for mobile link
>>
>>33629378
>not choking it
>not snapping it's neck
>not knowing how to swing a bat

Dude it's a fucking dog.
>>
>>33629378
Just punch through it's chest and rip it's heart out
>>
File: ss (2017-04-13 at 12.34.27).png (170KB, 788x929px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-04-13 at 12.34.27).png
170KB, 788x929px
FBI field manual. Can I get a /thread/?
>>
>>33632328
Cool story bro. Now post the post-97 version, after they selecting the Glock in .40 S&W
>>
>>33621748
I see condition 0 1 and 3, what is condition 2?
>>
>>33632403
You think they would be as retarded as you and other rackfags in this thread? Nah bro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Nk1CyL8CwI
@1:42 tell me what you see the guy drawing do

Also to all the rackfags, tell me, what do you do when you've injured one of your hands?
>>
>>33622228
leather impregnated kydex if you're not stupid like most of the people on here
>>
>>33632610
You illiterate wastrel, you condescending lump of inanimate coal, I am on your side and asking for the manual that applies when they switched from SA/DA to DAO.
>>
>>33632666
Thou yeasty flap-mouthed miscreant! File the FOIA request yourself as I'm sure someone else already has. Regardless, all the videos I've seen of agents practicing their draws show them doing the same thing ANY defensive pistol instructor will tell you to do: draw and fire. Why would they instruct agents otherwise? The last thing they want is another fuckup that gets agents killed.
>>
File: anime nvg.jpg (71KB, 437x458px) Image search: [Google]
anime nvg.jpg
71KB, 437x458px
>>33632469
2 is for DA/SA pistols only. It’s
>round in chamber
>safety off
>hammer forward

So it’s literally a draw-and-fire motion, but the first trigger pull is going to be much harder than the rest. Not a bad way to carry, honestly. But I didn’t think to test it, since the point was to see how much time toggling the safety and racking the slide each took.

>>33631895
>missing the point of the test this badly
Do you even scientific method?

>>33632328
Cool find! Still doesn't invalidate the arguments of C3, but it is cool to know that the FBI doesn't think their agents should do it.
>>
File: 1488916436697.png (879KB, 710x842px) Image search: [Google]
1488916436697.png
879KB, 710x842px
Carrying without one in the chamber saved this guy's life.
>>
File: 1489360573014.jpg (51KB, 740x620px) Image search: [Google]
1489360573014.jpg
51KB, 740x620px
>>33631943
>makarov
>pocket pistol
>>
>>33621414
daily reminder theres no one size fits all method of carry and you carry in a manner tailored to the situation at hand. an empty chamber might be viable depending on circumstances and wepaon used
>>
>>33622790
thats a consideration, but woulndt you also need your second arm to get the gun anyway? remove the clothing in the way? unless you carry openly or can draw one handed in a reliable manner. i cant, i need my second arm to remove the shirt out of the way
>>
>>33633199
we get it, you don't care if you die due to significantly delaying yourself before being able to fire. to each their own.
>>
>>33633292
>but woulndt you also need your second arm to get the gun anyway?

wtf?? not at all, clearing a garment and drawing with one hand is easy as fuck, it's just not as fast as using two hands

See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-wmudVGW9o (7 seconds in is the one handed draw)
>>
>>33621867
/thread
>>
>>33633199
Who cares about trigger pull when the target is at maximum three yards from you?
>>
File: drawd.jpg (62KB, 595x355px) Image search: [Google]
drawd.jpg
62KB, 595x355px
>>33633307
>>33633307
im just saying ive practiced and dont feel like i could reliably do it one handed under stress 100% of the time. i use my thumb to clear my shirt out of the way but sometimes it doesnt go the way i want, and have to use my other hand to pull it out of the way. and thats just in practice.

btw the video you linked shows him clearly using his offhand to lift his shirt out of the way, so not sure what that was supposed to prove
>>
>>33633292
Adjust what you where if it does not let you conceal or stops you from drawing don't where it while CCing.
>>
>>33633342
>>33633342
>>33633307
sorry just read your original comment about 7 secons in, i see what you mean now. i guess i will keep practicing, i also dont usually wear just a tshirt like that though. i usually have a button up overshirt sometimes hanging open
>>
>>33622111
Because they are literally retarded.
>>
>>33633365
Well, I know if I was condition-3-guy, that well-reasoned point would certainly convince me I was wrong about everything.
>>
>>33621464
Is it feasible to just toss your wallet short when being mugged? (That way he has to pick it up and you can blast his ass while he's distracted)
>>
>>33633232
Not him, but I sometimes carry around a Mak in my pants pocket.

It's just small enough to fit comfortably.
>>
>>33633361

It's been demonstrated over and over in this thread that you will not have guaranteed use of your support hand in a situation where you draw your gun. Instead of confronting this reality relating to you and thinking you will have the chance to rack the slide, you are now complaining about a 1 handed garment clearing being too challenging and unreliable.

Truly frightening the amount of cognitive dissonance you are displaying. I'm at a loss of words how insanely out of touch you are with the reality of a defensive gun use.
>>
>>33633361
oh man it's so difficult!!!!!!!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb1sE0O0knI
>>
File: 1490765565118.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
1490765565118.png
2MB, 1334x750px
>>
>>33633423
what are you talking about, did you even read my posts? im not advocating using a support hand over using a single gun hand, i am just saying i dont have the confidence in my ability to draw one handed so i question my ability to do so in a real situation, right now i rely on my support hand lifting my shirt out of the way for the draw
>>
>>33633466
yeah well maybe when it warms up ill get back to practicing that, but right now im still wearing a down jacket and sweater over my shirt, with clothing of varying lengths its just not realistic to do with only a thumb sweep

also his one handed draws are a lot slower than my two handed draw
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-04-10-18h39m58s276.png (234KB, 576x416px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-04-10-18h39m58s276.png
234KB, 576x416px
>>33633607
oh are we focusing on draw time now? I bet his one handed draw is still faster than your draw and rack bullshit. rackfags are fucking delusional.
>>
>>33633625
i carry with one in the tube you stupid faggot, i never argued for carrying without that. ive been carrying probably longer than youve owned a gun you dipshit millenial with shit reading comp

wtf is with millenials and their inability to fucking read printed english?
>>
w-what if I carry a single action revolver? Do I have to carry hammer back?
>>
>>33633607
>>33633681

You jumped in line responding right where the rack the slide crew stopped responding and you never clarified that you were from a different camp, two of us were confused by this, we have fine reading comprehension, I would look at your writing skills
>>
>>33633703
Watch this video, this guy gives a good explanation on carry single-action revolvers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzHs2G2jhYw
>>
>>33633681
maybe it's time to rub your tired eyes and take a nap, gramps, this conversation has sapped all your daytime energy
>>
File: cute doggo.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
cute doggo.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>33621943
good whip copper
>>
>>33622803
>>33631001
>>33622851
>>33623054
please kill yourself
>>
>>33631001
>They wouldn't be in the industry very long if what they teach doesn't work the best.
Thats the third time I heard this shit tier argument in a week. It really pisses me off. Are you seriously suggesting that all products that exist for a long time must be good otherwise they wouldn't exist anymore? Because then I have news for you..
>>
>>33633941
fuck off childish retard, adults are talking
>>
>>33633927
God, just throw that thing in the pool and be done with it.
>>
>>33633927
what the fuck is that
>>
>>33634018
Doggo that thinks he's above water
>>
unchambered, safety off masterrace.,

Seriously though, if you're in a situation where the difference between 1/2/whatever means getting shot, you might want to reconsider drawing.

Personally I'd always assume I'm at situation 3 before drawing, even if I'm not. One tiny slip-up is all it takes othewise.
>>
>>33623872
Why don't you try drawing while someone is punning you to the ground
>>
>>33634023
But he is...?
>>
>>33634038
He's like a meter away from it
>>
>>33634060
Is it trying to swim? I'm really confused, it looks like it's going totally batshit.
>>
>>33634077
No, no. Turns out you weren't confused at all.
>>
>>33629405
If you're going to carry you probably should drill regularly
>>
>>33634081
Well then. Thanks for clearing that up.
>>
>>33621943

Guess how I know that wasn't a fat, scared American cop?
>>
>>33634121
But it was?
>>
>>33634102
For real. Five slow, methodical draws and re-holsters every day or every other day would be fine. Taxi Driver monologue in your underwear is optional, but it does tend to drag things out.
>>
>>33630763
Bubbles is from Trailer Park Boys.
Which is coincidentally set pretty much in my hometown.
>>
>>33634018
>>33634023
>>33634038
>>33634060
>>33634077
>>33634081
>>33634103
I'm pretty sure someone's just using a leafblower on him.
>>
>>33631607
Part of mitigating those risks is not chambering a round no?
>>
File: CCW LARPers BTFO.gif (809KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
CCW LARPers BTFO.gif
809KB, 320x240px
>>33621464
This. Not saying you should carry with an empty chamber (I'd certainly still advise against it), but the fact of the matter is that when it comes to self-defense, no-win situations DO happen, and /k/ommandos tend to get too caught up in their LARPing gunslinger fantasies to recognize such situations.
>>33621497
>>33623131
>>33623242
>>33624217
>>33633400
>Just deceive/distract the mugger
It could work, and often it DOES work because muggers and robbers tend to be rather stupid, but it's still a major gamble. If it DOESN'T work and the thug catches on, it COULD clue him into the fact that you're carrying, which will most likely end either in him relieving you of your own weapon as well as your wallet, or in an exchange of gunfire (again, in a situation where he already has the drop).
>>
>>33633723
this was my first post
>>33633292
i was just responding to the guy who said you need a second arm out to defend yourself while your primary arm grabs your gun. i was just saying for me and probably other people, we need two hands to grab the gun out in most realistic circumstances anyway. even if only for a brief moment to clear the clothing. but i firmly agree that less steps is better and carrying without one racked in the tube already puts you at a disadvantage. that might be the only shot you get off, why give that up?

yeah one handed draw is ideal and should be learned, i will practice mine more, but im definitely not able to draw as fast or RELIABLY with just one hand. sometimes i hit snags or mess up with the clothing and grip. when i use my offhand to clear clothing, i have a 100% reliable draw

the guys in some of these videos posted are wearing a little polo shirt thats hiked up already above their pocket line, is that really realistic? in real life after walking around your shirt will fall and settle to the lowest possible point, and some of us cant afford to wear a thin tight polo that prints easily due to our workplace environment

>>33633845
i aint no gramps you pimplefaced needle dick spongebob watching squirter, im still in my mid 30s
>>
>>33635053
>im still in my mid 30s
>Millennial is the name given to the generation born between 1982 and 2004. Also known as Generation Y (Gen Y), the Millennial generation follows Generation X and in terms of numbers, and has edged out the Baby Boomers as the biggest generation in American history.

Dipshit
>>
>>33635147
>>33635147
not my generation, i have nothing in common with you faggots born in the late 90s who grew up with iphones in middle school, and im 1981 so ha
>>
>>33635147
do you even remember pic related? how old were you on sept 11 2001? have you ever known a world without a computer or phone where you had to look stuff up in the library by book?
>>
File: elian-gonzalez.jpg (1MB, 3000x2082px) Image search: [Google]
elian-gonzalez.jpg
1MB, 3000x2082px
>>33635628
>>33635147
pic related
>>
File: 1491190007227.jpg (97KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1491190007227.jpg
97KB, 960x960px
>>33635601
>A minority of demographers and researchers start the generation in the mid-to-late 1970s, such as Synchrony Financial which describes Millennials as starting as early as 1976,[22][23] Mobilize.org which uses 1976–1996,[24] MetLife which uses birth dates ranging from 1977–1994,[25] and Nielsen Media Research which uses 1977–1995.[26][27]
>The majority of researchers and demographers start the generation in the early 1980s. Many end the generation in the mid-1990s. Australia's McCrindle Research[28] uses 1980–1994. A 2013 PricewaterhouseCoopers[29] report and Edelman Berland[30] use 1980–1995. Gallup Inc.,[31][32][33] Eventbrite[34][35] and Dale Carnegie Training and MSW Research[36] all use 1980–1996. Ernst and Young uses 1981–1996.[37] Manpower Group uses 1982–1996.[38]

oh look you're literally a millennial grouped in with the 90s kids you despise. the irony is so delicious

>>33635628
>>33635635
okay gramps, time to stop posting so much and take your pills
>>
>>33635669
you know what i mean, if some researchers go and say that shit whatever. millennial comes from the term millennium, which indicates the year 2000, which semantically suggests people born around or close to the new millennium of year 2,000 AD. let me guess, you were born in 1997?
>>
>>33635732
>
>>33635669
fact is i have nothing in common with people born in the late 90s because they had a totally different world with media and technology than i did as a child

hell researchers are still confused as to what the effects of computers and phones is doing to the brain, some think humans are literally evolving and brains are undergoing changes to adapt to the google age. the young kids these days cant figure out how to think for themselves through something, they just know how to type in their question in google and let the internet answer it for them
>>
>>33635669
>not knowing about the glorious Oregon Trail generation
get fucked
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.