[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have the possibility to do a paratrooper course as a part of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

I have the possibility to do a paratrooper course as a part of my military service at the end of this year.
However, i'm worried that my ankle injury will prevent me from pursuing this opportunity, because it might not allow me to land without crippling myself for life
So help me out /k/, what forces would i be subjecting my ankles to, or should i just go for it regardless?
>>
>>33621402
If you have an ankle injury already I would not risk it.
>>
>>33621417
To be clear I speained my ankle in september of 2015
>>
>>33621402
bitch
>>
>>33621468
Is that it? No broken bones or anything? Go for it is thats all it is.
>>
>>33621402

I was Marine Infantryman, never jumped out of a plane but man I would of loved it if I could have.

You need to reach between your legs and grab a can of man. They teach you how to fall dude. You also have two ankles, land on the good one.

I'm telling you, if you don't do it years from now you'll wish you did.
>>
You will, hopefully, have to attend a screening and initial training that assesses your suitability for performing a jump.

If there are no medical issues here, then carry on. If no screening takes place then you are in a very strange military indeed.
>>
>>33621714
>>33621763
>>33621839
Thanks brothers, guess i'll give it a shot
It will set me back around $1000 but i think it's worth it
>>
>>33621898
You shouldn't have to pay for it. It just sounds like a commercial jump that they're organising to get money out of people. Either that or it's the sort of thing that was popular in the 20th century - you go around and get on various foreign jump courses. I have some bizarre international wings.

To be honest, I hated parachuting. I didn't enjoy a single jump. The balloon drop was the worst, along with helicopter. I could cope with Skyvan and fixed wing aircraft but even then it was probably the least favourite aspect of the job.
>>
>>33621468
I've had a torn Achilles in the left leg and a plate and screws used (and removed) in my right ankle. I land just fine. Not military so not carrying gear... but if a 'sprained ankle' is your claim of injury, I'd suggest looking for defects in your testicles.
>>
>>33621926
I'm the Marine guy. Why does every Airborne guy always say they hate jumps?

I don't get it, isn't jumping out of an airplane a rush? I'd think it'd be pure adrenaline. I mean I understand after a while, but what about that first time?
>>
>>33621927
Commercial jumping is a different thing entirely. It's possible to jump recreationally in your advanced years and with lower limb issues (though I wouldn't recommend it), to do so in a military capacity is foolish.

Any idiot can injure themselves and if your ankle is a recurring problem then avoid parachuting - military or otherwise.
>>
>>33621926
It's just that my army is piss poor and they make you pay for everything
>>
>>33621978
When I first did it, fixed wing drops (in the British military) were done from the Blackburn Beverley.

There were two tiers in the aircraft. The top tier had to drop through a hole, at which point their line would be pulled. The bottom tier exited from the rear side doors. Getting onto the top deck meant climbing a ladder, with about 80lb of gear in one hand as the knackered airframe danced around the sky. Exiting from the bottom deck was alright, but I was unlucky enough to be on the top for my first fixed wing drop. Bashed my head on the edge of the hole as I went through and made my first descent with a cracked face.

We rehearsed for this by balloon drop. A big grey balloon went up over a flat(ish) piece of ground with 4 men in it, one of them the PJI. You stood on a platform and he pulled it out from under you. You fell through the hole, toward the earth and at the very last moment you'd catch on. This, sort of, simulated the experience of going through the hole on a Beverley.

I was not a fan. Still, I kept going back for more.
>>
>>33622011
Do they at least have a course beforehand to ascertain how suitable you are?

It should include a medical and a short period of intense training to see how you perform.
>>
>>33622102
Yeah yeah, it's a whole training course, they don't just sell drops
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.