[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am having a hard time defending my empty militaria and gear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

I am having a hard time defending my empty militaria and gear purchases to my significant other.

She said to me in passing that I am a military wannabe and this was very far from what I am. I believe what I'm doing is a combination of preparedness and fun/mental SHTF LARPing. I use a lot of my gear for camping and stuff, the stuff not used in camping is used on range like my chest rigs.

But I think she's talking about my body armor and helmet and high end plate carrier. I always say "better to not need it and have it than etc etc" or I use an airbag in a car analogy but I think she thinks I just want to be an army guy or something.

Does anybody else have this issue?

Why can't normies just let me make empty purchases?

How can I defend my stance of "I just like the way it looks" without sounding like I'm pulling an excuse out of my ass?

Am I just being neurotic?
>>
>>33619152
I bought some deer and my girlfriend raised her eyebrows. But I never went so far as to buy a Kevlar helmet or flak jacket. I can never justify that type of cash when I'm thinking of saving for a wedding ring in a couple years. It's really up to you but keep in mind that the more expensive your purchases the less likely you are to use it
>>
>>33619164
Gear *
>>
>>33619164
It's just NATO surplus steel helmet and AR500 plates. My "I will be god of the wasteland" stuff is like $500 at the most. The rest is guns and their accessories or camping stuff.

I think her red flag though is my camping stuff is almost ALL milsurp. Like L flashlights, ALICE pack and frame, hammock, e tools, etc. are all milsurp. My storage closet and the surrounding hallway smells like cosmoline and tarp.

I just feel a little insecure about the whole thing as I don't want to be perceived as a wannabe. I don't want to be in the military, I don't have any friends in it, it's just that commission really practical stuff to be made and I really like politics and the military is inseparable from that.

I just want to run around in the woods and shoot guns.
>>
File: chechnya-russian-troops.jpg (61KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
chechnya-russian-troops.jpg
61KB, 620x349px
>>33619152
Fucking mall ninja.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi6LqWGi79g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of81h8Iclnw
>>
File: wthh.jpg (42KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
wthh.jpg
42KB, 550x550px
>>33619152
>I am having a hard time defending my empty militaria and gear purchases to my significant other.
you should, stop guying that garbage you autistic faggot
>>
>>33619152
>Why can't normies just let me make empty purchases?
Your "significant other" is not just a random stranger normie who has no reason to give a fuck.

She/he is most likely concerned with your well being and spending money on dumb shit instead of more important things.

>Am I just being neurotic?
Yuo are just being a gear queer.
>>
>>33619194
>>33619215
Thanks I needed this.
>>
>>33619192
dont worry about it, I go camping all the time with my milsurp shit
>>
File: bigbossfeels.png (70KB, 255x325px) Image search: [Google]
bigbossfeels.png
70KB, 255x325px
>>33619152
>She said to me in passing that I am a military wannabe

Fucking end it. She let it slip that she does not respect you. She does not deserve another iota of your time, money, or attention. Kick her to the fucking curb.
>>
>>33619152
>How can I defend my stance of "I just like the way it looks" without sounding like I'm pulling an excuse out of my ass?

>How can I pull an excuse out of my ass without sounding like I'm pulling an excuse out of my ass?
>>
>>33619192
L flashlights are shit
>>
>>33619236
>respect equals unconditional acceptance of everything with no criticism allowed whatsoever
You are not a very smart person.
>>
>>33619247
You're shit.
>>
>>33619152
Just enlist, you infertile faggot
>>
>>33619192
>I just feel a little insecure about the whole thing as I don't want to be perceived as a wannabe
You are a wannabe.

If you actually didn't give a fuck about military and only wanted camping gear, you would buy dedicated capming gear that is best suited for the job, not outdated military surplus.
>>
>>33619258
f-for you
>>
>>33619263
It doesn't sound appealing.

>pay cut
>filled with angsty people
>thank you for your cervix son
>groveling
>dying for Israel

No thanks senpai.

>>33619271
Sorry I like the things I'm using having a certain aesthetic and a little bit of history.
>>
>>33619242
dude just own it. maybe you are a military wannabee but that's not the worst thing a man can be.
>>
File: 2324032596550.gif (961KB, 283x330px) Image search: [Google]
2324032596550.gif
961KB, 283x330px
>>33619263
this
>>33619152
you fucking hippy!
>>
>>33619290
Stop buying military gear like a military wannabe then, ultimo faggotti
>>
>>33619311
I don't think being a geer queer is the worst thing a man can be nor have I ever suggested that.

That said, "I like the way it looks" is pulling an excuse out of your ass if he has no other reason to own it.
>>
>>33619337
true
>>
>>33619251
No, respect means not intentionally emasculating your partner to their face and then expecting to be treated to dinner, conversation, and oral sex.

Whatever OP decides, he is a cuck and his gf is right. He doesn't want to be called a wannabe when that is clearly what he is. If he can live with the disgrace of being enamored of militaria, never enlisting, and having a gf who calls him a poser, that is his choice. I recommend this /k/ommando stand up for himself and find a partner who appreciates his quirks and interests rather than tearing him down.

I have no stake in OP's life, however, and think he's a faggot unwilling to make the necessary sacrifices to fulfill his military fantasies.
>>
>>33619152
>>33619192

men buy shit like this the way women buy stupid shit like eddie bauer handbags, uggs, and all that glittery makeup hoo-ha malarkey, fucking perfume and lipstick yada yada yada

i do have advice though

>do not buy milsurp of your own nationality or with camo patterns and make sure it fits properly and mixes aesthetically with civilian clothes
>steel armor slows you down, sell that shit
>lightweight waterproof packs are a better investment than old ALICE packs because they will not retain 1000 lbs of water when submerged
>a pair of gen 2 or gen 3 NVGS is a better investment of preparedness gear than any ballistic armor or tactical bullshit you will buy
>if your balls are uncomfortable in any of your current shit when worn, it is not worth owning and must be sold immediately
>>
>>33619430
Thanks senpai. This makes me feel better.

All my stuff is mixed nations and all olive drab. The only camo I own is for hunting.
>>
>>33619290
>she called you a military wannabe
>I don't wanna enlist because reasons
>I have tons of shit that even former mil members acknowledge as outdated or worn

I can help you, dumbass. Your gf doesn't respect you, you take her shit, and the worst is, you think your above service. I was in and the only thing I have is a rifle backpack and war belt. If you had any self preservation, you would dump your gf who doesn't respect you, get fit and get an actual hobby that makes you feel like you've accomplished something since you clearly have insecurity Issues tied with narcissistic disorder.
>>
You're asking the internet to defend you from your wife?

Are you kidding?
>>
Most of the time the civilian stuff is better. Just buy it instead, I know it's usually more comfortable and you don't look like a dweeb will camo gear
>>
>>33619152
You're a wannabe, just accept it. I'm a wannabe. I was DQ'd for a dumb reason so I never got to that so I have a PC, assault pack, Eberslestock and a couple ARs. I go camping a few times an year and take it with for fun. It's not different than a guy who takes his car to a track occasionally or someone who's in a garage band as a adult. It's a hobby. My wife loves me unconditionally and gets it.

You need to find someone who loves you for you and doesn't do dick things like immaculate you to your face.
>>
>>33619152
armor isn't entirely useless though, if you go hunting and there are other rednecks in the woods nearby you it may well save your life.

kids should all have armor, for bowhunting too.
>>
>>33619152
There are two things at play here Anon.

1. You are an autist
2. Your GF is being critical of a hobby that has zero effect on her and that is disrespectful

My GF thinks it's cute that I am into guns as a hobby, that I browse YouTube and 4chan for info on obscure bullshit and the latest tech.

When it comes to my hobby of hooning around on my sport bike she is obviously against it but doesn't talk shit because she knows I love it.

>Find someone who likes this part of you or is mature enough to at least accept it.
>>
>>33619152
The reason you date is so that you can weed out bitches like this. You really want to spend the rest of your life with someone like that? F no. Dump her and go find a girl that shares your interests, or at least doesn't belittle you about it. Are you actually that fucking desperate to be with someone that you don't understand this?
>>
When is it acceptable to introduce a potential gf to your guns and gear?
>>
File: C8_wjNUXoAAR2KT.jpg (52KB, 484x484px) Image search: [Google]
C8_wjNUXoAAR2KT.jpg
52KB, 484x484px
>>33619152
Just tell her to take it up to the complaint office and whip out your dick.
>>
>>33621086
Make the range a first date. Start with .22s and "instruction" and ease her into it with following range trips.
>>
>>33619205
Best post here.
I did pick up a mich for $75 just couldn't let it go...
>>
>>33619152
just be yourself
>>
>>33619192
A lot of my camping gear is milsurp. The gf approves because milsurp is cheap.
>>
>>33619430
>Eddie Bauer handbags
wat
>Uggs
Women don't buy those anymore.

You sound detached from reality.
mgtow pls leave
>>
I dont understand why people should have to justify purchases if they have disposable income that doesnt need to go towards food/bills etc. If it makes you happy the only justification you should need is you think its cool and you can afford it.
>>
>>33619152

Hey bud here's some good advice:

-do what you like
-do it even when other people don't like it
-don't ever listen to women
-they are stupid

There ya go.
>>
>>33619152
she just wants to guilt you into joining the army like a "real man" so she can fuck other people when you're gone.
>>
>>33624262
Mine says that my purchases of guns and gear "don't take into account her feelings".
>>
Milsurp is king for camping on a budget. It's nice if you can afford all the gucci uber-lightweight shit but for cost effectiveness it's hard to beat some of the deals that come around in the milsurp world.

Case in point I got a complete US mil sleep system in basically new condition for $80. Is it the lightest setup? nope. Can you get anything in the civvie world that competes with the range of conditions it will support for equal or less money? Nope.

Same deal with milsurp clothes. I went looking for some inexpensive long-sleeve lightweight cotton shirts I could dip in permethrin and generally sweat in all spring/summer while hiking and doing yard work. Walmart had some that were meh for like $15. I look around in milsurp land and BAM exactly what i was looking for @ $5 per. I now have a lifetime supply...lol

https://swisslink.com/clothing/shirt/authentic-military-shirt/croatian-bdu-shirt.html

You can call me a wannabe for my milsurp if you want but I'm really just a thrifty poorfag riding the fine line of cost/effectiveness.
>>
>>33619236
>>She said to me in passing that I am a military wannabeFucking end it. She let it slip that she does not respect you. She does not deserve another iota of your time, money, or attention. Kick her to the fucking curb.

this
>>
File: 1487633309169.jpg (408KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1487633309169.jpg
408KB, 1920x1080px
>>33624172

>giving a shit this much about what women actually care about
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.