[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's been a lot of talk on 4chan about taking over Zimbabwe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

There's been a lot of talk on 4chan about taking over Zimbabwe and restoring Rhodesia. Here's the main thread for that discussion.

>>33616442

This thread will deal more with the tactics we'll use on the ground as opposed to larger strategy.

Discuss the kinds of weapons we should use, equipment, vehicles, logistics, etc.
>>
>>33617817
OP, are you really going to d-do it? I-I'm not sure, it seems dangerous
>>
File: G__1041_FNSLR_7201.jpg (117KB, 1306x720px) Image search: [Google]
G__1041_FNSLR_7201.jpg
117KB, 1306x720px
Long barrel doubles as an anal torture instrument for filthy commies
>>
>>33617817
Restarting Rhodesia would most likely end up with a situation somewhat like the Israel three days war in which all of Israels neighbors tried to invade but got their shit pushed in. But there's also the possibility of it ending up like the Gulf War in 1991.
>>
These guys struck the right balance between traveling light and being armed.
>>
>>33617902
>But there's also the possibility of it ending up like the Gulf War in 1991.
How are you all going to do it like the Gulf War if your lot won't have proper air support?
>>
>>33617902
For political discussion, go to this thread

>>33616442
>>
>>33617909
What I mean for case A. is we win and stomp the bordering nations' shit in, case B is we get our shit stomped in.
>>
>>33617952
It's Case A. You really think Zimbabwe's neighbors could do anything?
>>
There are 4 bordering countries to invade from.
>Botswana
>Zambia
>Mozambique
>South Africa

Also the timing of invasion
>Right after Mugabe dies
>Post Mugabe death power struggle/infighting

The best time is when all opposition will be at it's weakest (obviously).

>Air support
We'll need choppers and I don't know what would be good ones off hand.
For fixed wing CAS the super tucano would be a great asset.

How about on the ground? Do we bubba some trucks into technicals with 50 cal for direct fire support?
>>
>>33618061
Technicals are our best tool on the ground, and as for air support...shit, that'll be tough
>>
>>33617817
How are you going to get the money to fund this whole dance? Seems like a LARP thread.
>>
File: pol goes to war.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
pol goes to war.webm
3MB, 640x360px
You will never do anything. You're all a bunch of basement pussies. Even the corrupt inept zimbabwean army could BTFO you faggots

and this from someone who thinks rhodesia did nothing wrong, but OP is still cringe as fuck
>>
Who's going to invade? You cartoon board manchildren? lmao what

What would you invade with? Do any of you have any money

How would you take over the country? Do you really think "capturing a bridge" and etc equatest o overthrowing a nation of millions?

How would you restore white rule when they are a tiny minority and white Zimbabweans are today liberal and guilt-ridden?

How would you occupy and administer things?

Can we at least just pretend this is a RP thread?
>>
>>33617984
Nope. Nobody even care about them. They're more pariah than fucking somalia

Those who do care (DRC) won't gonna do shit because they're weak as fuck
>>
>>33617817
Do I do it on a budget or do I have literally billions of dollars worth of backing?
>>
>>33618131
Reddit just called us pussies! haha
>>
>>33618111
It is a LARP, the usual power fantasy of shooting commie niggers
>>
File: 4chan vs reddit.jpg (95KB, 637x662px) Image search: [Google]
4chan vs reddit.jpg
95KB, 637x662px
>>33618236
>>
>>33618111
The best bet is to wait for South African civil war. They will be looking to hire manpower, but I don't think they would want us to stay forever. Anyway, we could learn farming and shit from them. They already have huge defense training programs and they're stockpiling supplies. At some point Zimbabwe will get involved and we can split off and take it over from there.
>>
Anyone got any info if they have any decent ATGMs?
>>
>>33618268
they have rpg7, m40 recoil less rifles and you're 69 rpg a their anti tank.
>>
>>33618340
>you're

I meant to say "type" 69 rpg, it's a chinese rpg 7 clone.
>>
>>33617817
The Zimbabwean army is probably shit, but it nevertheless has about 30'000 active troops and 20'000 reservists, not counting the people in military age that could be drafted. The equipment is outdated but they still have about 60 tanks, 100 APCs, 60 modern Czech MRL, a few howitzers and 6 Mi-35 gunships.

The best thing would be to gain air superiority. Would just need two or three F-5 or MiG-21 and mercenary pilots.
>>
Then we would need fast transportation means. Helicopter would be best. But that would require the choppers and more pilots. And then, there's the problem of fuel and spare parts for both helicopters and planes, and I'm not even speaking about land vehicles. In term of manpower we would need at least 10'000 troops for an initial invasion. Should the invasion stall and the invading force would face a popular insurrection, we would need thousands of men more, and even more vehicles. How to finance that? We're speaking of tens of millions to cover just a short period.
>>
are beans allowed to help?i look white though.
t.bean
>>
File: 422RHP.jpg (256KB, 750x513px) Image search: [Google]
422RHP.jpg
256KB, 750x513px
If you want to win a war in Africa, air assault and light infantry doctrine is the way to go. Navigating armored vehicles and tanks through terrain this large would require adequate personnel to service the vehicles after every break down. This is why paratroopers and air assault is valued so much in African conflicts.

See; Rhodesian Operation Fireforce

It's important to understand that we'd get ridiculed by the entire world for taking over a country and pulling the rug under their feet. The west would not be OK with this, we'd however attract a great number of right wingers and people that want to murder communists as an off time.
>>
I feel like an invasion is a bad idea
maybe I'm just paranoid, but I feel like the UN or NATO or SOMEONE will end up fucking us over for trying to invade a country
instead, I feel like we should try to start a revolution of sorts, try to talk sense into the blacks who are getting fucked over by the corrupt government which is literally imploding the economy
>>
>>33618537
Ask the Russians to help us out and backstab them, it isn't hard

The Rhodesian Light Infantry were rocking T-55's and T-34's, as well as kalashnikovs and other Soviet kit.
>>
>>33618727
Why would they? Unless we ruin some deal they've struck with Zimbabwe we're fine.
>>
>>33618537
>if you want to win a war in africa
>cites war that was lost in africa
>>
>>33617909
We'll at least have a couple Anon's in Warhawks or Hellcats. Maybe a few Nam Hueys.
>>
>>33618489
>The Zimbabwean army is probably shit, but it nevertheless has about 30'000 active troops and 20'000 reservists
All of whom have been sporadically paid or are barely fed because food is hard to come by. There were legitimate concerns that there might be a coupe because Mugabe has been spending absurd amounts of taxpayer money on himself while his generals are scrounging bush meat to feed their troops. Most of the air force isn't in proper working order because mantience is what always gets African militaries.

The real threat is the Chinese. They don't want to loose any of the mining rights they have in the diamond fields.
>>
>>33619316
/K/ starts WW3 over Rhodesia nostalgia. I'm liking this more and more.
>>
>>33617909
We'll make couple of shithooks from old cars and old wind farm turbins.
>>
>>33617882
>anal
>torture

pick one
>>
>>33618061
>need choppers and I don't know what would be good ones off hand.
>For fixed wing CAS the super tucano would be a great asset.
I am a bored bush pilot, i would be willing to get a cessna 152 or 172 and rig some .50 cals
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihjkLV_EY1Y
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.