[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If all you had was a full sized battle rifle (PTR91) and you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: ptr91.jpg (28KB, 758x177px) Image search: [Google]
ptr91.jpg
28KB, 758x177px
If all you had was a full sized battle rifle (PTR91) and you had to live in an apartment, which is one of the worst places to use a 7.62 real fucking NATO, what are some precautions that you could take in the event you needed to fire it indoors?

No, they can't afford a pistol/shotgun for the time being. Just a PTR91 and a bunch of mags and surplus ammo.

Asking for a friend.
>>
Soft point or HP .308
>>
>>33616776
>what are some precautions that you could take in the event you needed to fire it indoors?
Ear and eye protection.
>>
sell it and buy a shotgun and a glock
>>
>>33616776
my neighbors can eat a dick
>>
>>33616776

Don't miss
>>
What kind of PTR91 is it?
>>
>>33617007
Even if my friend didn't miss, I'm fairly sure the bullet would keep on moving through a few walls.

>>33617064
PTR 91 GI. No rail, although it has the "modern" black HK furniture.
>>
>>33616776
HP rounds and good earpro.
Maybe just stick with a bayonet depending on how thin the walls are.
>>
>>33616776
Identify the choke points in your apartment and where you will likely defend from. Visualize your line of fire and where misses will likely strike. Buy large paintings and back them with steel plates. Hang them from studs where you expect to be shooting towards.
>>
>Wooden rounds.

Buy a bayonet dummy. It's for cqb.
>>
Affix bayonet.
>>
>>33616776
Book shelves on as many walls as possible, fully stocked
>>
>>33616776
>I live in an apartment
>I own an AK-74
that shit's gonna go flying through multiple walls if SHTF, won't it
>>
>>33618878
Lel 9mm will go through multiple walls
>>
File: 1489039566250.jpg (112KB, 772x817px) Image search: [Google]
1489039566250.jpg
112KB, 772x817px
>>33618882
shid
well it's pretty likely I'm not even going to get broken into because I live in an enclosed apartment
>>
>>33618878
nah, 5.45 destabilizes quickly like 5.56.
>>
correct me if im wrong but is the gun in op's picture a G3A3?
>>
>>33616776
>they can't afford a pistol/shotgun

Your friend is just perpetuating the meme that PTR is for poor people and 3rd-world militias.
>>
File: 1230804898643.jpg (401KB, 1972x1688px) Image search: [Google]
1230804898643.jpg
401KB, 1972x1688px
>>33616783
>>33617312
>>33617379
OP specifically said :
>real
>fucking
>NATO
>>
>>33616776
>what are some precautions that you could take in the event you needed to fire it indoors?
There's that thing called hearing protection.

7.62 out of a PTR91 indoors will easily reach over 165 decibels, so either a pair of big muffs with 30+ NRR (might be difficult to get a proper cheekweld with them though).

Or double up with plugs and muffs. I don't know how to calculate the overall protection from both, but a pair of 20+ plugs and 20+ muffs should give you 30+ NRR at the very least.

>inb4 won't have enough time to put hearing protection on
>inb4 family member(s) won't have enough time to put hearing protection on
Reasonable concerns. That leaves you with supressors. Supressed 7.62 indoors will surely have over 135 decibels, possibly over 140 and that happens to be threshold after which hearing damage is possible even with short exposure so it's not ideal.

Also considering you(r friend) can't even afford a pistol/shotgun you rpobably can't afford a supressor either.

So my advice? Hearing protection, duh. Cheap disposable plugs and a cheap pair of passive muffs worn together should be enough if oyu are that poor.
>>
>>33616776
>>33619141
Regarding the possibility of hitting a neighbour, there really is very little you can do.

The best and possibly the only thing you can do is to position yourself and shoot in a direction where the bullet is leat likely to hit someone.

Get familiar with what's exactly behind the walls of your apartment if you can.
>>
>>33619141
You can get a Mossberg Maverick 88 12ga for less than the cost of the tax stamp needed for a silencer...
>>
>>33619188
Which I adressed.
>Also considering you(r friend) can't even afford a pistol/shotgun you rpobably can't afford a supressor either.

Also, 12 shotguns with typical loads are still going to be around 155 decibels at the very least, so they still necessitate the use of hearing protection if you are concerned about hearing damage.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.