[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

europoor here been watching a bunch of videos of US troops in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: 6a43.jpg (50KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
6a43.jpg
50KB, 660x371px
europoor here been watching a bunch of videos of US troops in afganistan and iraq noticed just how much gear they have and was wondering what other military are as well equipped
China Russia UK France Japan ?
also I know its a stereotype but the guys in these videos dont seem the brightest of guys is this just a meme or true
>>
a any one...
>>
File: 1491874479061.jpg (40KB, 526x780px) Image search: [Google]
1491874479061.jpg
40KB, 526x780px
>>
>>33615989
Not even close, when come to equipment or readiness level. It's a funding issue, T B H i really dislike Trump because he's an idiot, but one place where I do think he's right is NATO expenditures. Where in Europe? Spain?
>>
No. America is so far beyond everyone else it isn't even funny.

We pay for it too.
>>
>>33615989
Late night. You don't get an Army dog, but a US Marine you ask, well you're in luck.

Loaded down flak jacket and all somewhere around 50 pounds, unless you happen to be the sorry son of a bitch that was a SAW Gunner, me.
>>
>>33615989
>dont seem the brightest of guys

They are people who decided that getting shot at was a good way to make a living.

Grunts are not known for their intelligence.
>>
>>33615989
Few years ago the US had sizable advantage in gen 3 night vision compared to the Russians. No idea if that's still the case but the export laws were pretty ridiculous.
>>
>>33617194
Isn't WW2 cupcake. I was in the infantry and performed Intel. Guess what, smart guys fight.
>>
>>33617225
>Infantry Intel
>Smart
>>
>>33617225
If you're so smart how come you ended up as infantry?

Checkmate, meathead.
>>
>>33617248
>>33617258
Google CLIC Marine. We have our own Wikipedia.
>>
>>33617272
>MARINE
>INFANTRY
>SMART

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHhh
>>
>>33615989
>China
Personal equipment in the PLA is very far down the list of Chinese procurement priorities. As such they have a lower standard then most Western nations.

>Russia
Standards range from bad to good. Conscript forces in buttfucknowhere lack basic equipment while deployed forces generally have access to a full range of equipment, which tends to be a mix of Soviet-era gear and more modern gear.

>UK
British forces tend to be almost as well equipped at an individual level as their US counterparts. What they lack is the numbers and deep modernizations of the US.

>France
No idea.

>Japan
The Army gets fucked in Japanese budget battles and doesn't get the money required for lavishly equipping grunts.
>>
>>33617276
Ok...
>>
File: USMC.jpg (186KB, 806x908px) Image search: [Google]
USMC.jpg
186KB, 806x908px
>>33617272
>Marine
>>
North Korea.
>>
Equipment no matter as much when every other country only needs to worry about defensive war.
>>
>>33617194
>Grunts are not known for their intelligence.

Neither are normal people.
>>
>>33617303
I love Jarhead jokes. Next.
>>
>>33617303
Don't quit on me pussy. Come on.
>>
>>33617303
Wah wah he's a Marine. Oh my God that hurts my sensetive pussy. Let's battle our wits you pussy Slayer.
>>
>>33617173
>>33617173

Just a saw is ezpz

Getting caught listening to an iPod on post by your dickhead platoon sgt and having to patrol for a week with a saw, 1.2k rounds, extra batteries for everything, and a Thor nigger rigged on your assault pack makes a sorry son of a bitch
>>
>>33617419
How fucking pog are you? That shit doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>33615989
Yes there are stupid grunts, thus the stereotype.
But there are also grunts that are of average to above average intelligence. And judging from all the former infantry I process out of college they all enjoy getting hands on skill heavy jobs.
Primarily diesel engine maintenance.
But if you look at other countries that take war seriously you can see similar kit.
Japan and UK mostly.
>>
>>33615989
>dont seem the brightest of guys
It's a bunch of 18 year olds hyped off of RipIts and patriotism, no shit they aren't bright
>>
>>33617444
Nigga what?

How many pogs have you ever seen patrolling with a Thor?
>>
>>33615989
>well equipped

In my opinion, the USA is NOT well equipped at all. There is absolutely no need at all for each soldier to permanently ruin their knees and develop arthritis before they reach 25 for carrying around 90-115 pounds of fucking equipment.
>>
>>33615989
>don't seem the brightest of guys

That goes for nearly every MOS/rate in the military. You can have smart as fuck guys going Infantry and mouth breathers in Intel.

The true retards are the people who sign with open contracts
>>
>>33617303
I'm dying
>>
>>33617041
>because he's an idiot
You're an idiot.
>>
>>33615989
Christ, looking at this lot, you wonder how they know where to aim.
>>
>>33617767
"open contracts"?
>>
>>33617767
>signing open contracts
The sad thing is, you can tell who's dine that before they even open their mouths.
>>
>>33617311
This is spot on. One has to remember that unless we are handing out waivers like candy (surge) the majority of the military is above national average level intelligence (for below see walmartians and potato level retarded), less criminal records, and far less drug usage (predeployment) than the typical US resident (had a few illegals who deployed with me and they earned their citizenship). That said we do have potatos but they are functional potatoes who can do shit under high stress
>>
>>33617650
Not that poster but my ao had a lack of infantry so we had to take whoever had enough sleep to go. MP's leading cooks and engineers (non eod). First month sucked but they caught on quick when we patrolled closer to Helmand>>33617650
>>
>>33617752
That is a very fine distinction that most miss. Yes wqy too much shit because no officer is willing to risk his shit for not having shit so we carry all the shit till our joints are shit
>>
Time to play WHAT IF:

What if the entire 2003 invasion of Iraq was performed without all that gear, just your uniform, a load bearing vest, weapon, ammo, and water
>>
>>33619123
Maybe half again as many casualties the shooting really didn't start till their army got disbanded and dispursed to go do insurgency shit (and most of the us casualties for the last 15 years)
>>
>>33617855
No, Drumpf is a genuine moron.
>>
>>33615989
>not the brightest of guys

If you put Einstein in a combat scenario where he'll either be exhausted or hyped up off adrenaline he would sound like a retard too

More so if he's a grunt PFC that has to speak in simple, "professional" sentences to his NCO or else he'll be taken to the metaphorical treeline.
>>
>>33619245
Explain pls
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 850x297px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 850x297px
>>33617855
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.