[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a decent Katana for mat cutting? http://www.trueswor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

Is this a decent Katana for mat cutting? http://www.trueswords.com/Sokojikara-Clay-Tempered-Bamboo-Katana

I got one for $100.
>>
File: 45f.jpg (41KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
45f.jpg
41KB, 680x680px
>>33615811
in highschool when i was a weebo autist i had a paul chen -- actually nippo swords were like 20k... fucking shite... you can now get a nippon sword for less than 500 bucks.
>>
I would look on kult of athena
>>
>>33615811
It seems more than okay for it, I'm sure you'd be fine. Mat cutting isn't that hard, I've done it with sub-$100 weeb blades. I've never heard about that manufacturer, but I'm not seeing any red flags.
>>
>>33615811
I was into sword collecting years ago and have never heard of this brand. Google search results only yields links to true swords and budk....

It should be ok for mat cutting but don't be surprised if it bends if you don't strike the target correctly. Through hardened swords are much better.
>>
I figured it would be decent since it's made of T10 tool steel and it's $300 new, mine is basically new barely used. I know the company is relatively unknown though so that has me a little worried.
>>
It sounds like it would be cheaper to get a good European repro sword.
Lots of people make them (in comparison) and it's much cheaper.
Weebs make nip swords overblown and expensive.
>>
>>33616943

>european sword
>cheaper than $100
you retarded?
>>
>>33616969
yeah wtf where are these good European swords for less than $100.
>>
>>33616943
the other way around, a 100 dollar katana is going to be better than a 100 dollar euro sword cuz of the high demand of katanas through out the years
>>
File: Condor Ironside.jpg (25KB, 900x596px) Image search: [Google]
Condor Ironside.jpg
25KB, 900x596px
>>33615811
>Is this a decent Katana for mat cutting?

It would appear so. Reviews seem to agree that the finish on the handle is sloppy but the worksmanship is good and that the blade is solid and of good quality. Apparently the handle is slightly longer than the 10" usually found on katanas and also utilizes 2 pins like a tachi. That's probably the best sword you'll ever get for $100.

>>33618627
Right on the nose.

Hanwei used to have a tactical series that were probably the cheapest swords that could be called great swords and they were all styled after Japanese blades. The only reason they're not made anymore is because the factory, which also made the old Cold Steel sword pattern machetes that everyone liked, burned down. Ontario's black wind series were great project blades and were mostly styled after Japanese blades. Condor currently has several swords that are styled after Japanese blades, the first of which is very similar to one of Hanwei's designs.

That said, Condor's putting out a $200 blade this year that might compete with Yuro stuff in the $300 range. 1075 is a good steel for a nice, wide 30" blade and if Condor can get the fuller and the taper right then they might take the title of best newfag Yuro sword from the Tinker longsword.
>>
File: IMG_2677 (2).jpg (1MB, 3263x1509px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2677 (2).jpg
1MB, 3263x1509px
>>33615811
For this cheap consider going with a mono temper, if it's for cutting. In fact cutting in general, you are better off with a mono temper.

Look at Cheness and Ronin, they are very good for really cheap. Hanwei if you want to spend a bit more.

I am a big fan of the Hanwei Raptor line, my first sword (pic related) was one of them, but they are $300.
>>
>>33617105
>good europoor swords
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.