[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are extended clips necessary for home use? And while we're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 14

File: Glock_18_Extended_Magazine.jpg (133KB, 482x508px) Image search: [Google]
Glock_18_Extended_Magazine.jpg
133KB, 482x508px
Are extended clips necessary for home use? And while we're on the subject, what about lasers and suppressors?
>>
>>33613376
I guess man
>>
>>33613376
>clips
>>
>>33613385
Sorry I'm new to firearms and didn't want some supped up overkill weapon if a standard issue pistol will suffice.
>>
No, but it doesn't hurt to have them.
>>
File: IMG_20170409_195859.jpg (518KB, 1765x1310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170409_195859.jpg
518KB, 1765x1310px
>>33613376

Quality, reliable extended mags (not clips you fucking idiot) are certainly not a bad thing in home defense. Suppressors are nice to have. Lasers are usually pointless unless you're running NVGs and you have IR lasers.
>>
>>33613376

>extended clips
>>
>>33613412
Whats the legality on suppressors?
>>
>>33613432

Depends on your state. They're legal in most, but not all states. Something like 41 states they're legal. Requires an ATF tax stamp + $200 + waiting period of 6-11 months.
>>
>>33613376
There is no better HD weapon to me than a 9mm Glock with a 30 round magazine and light. Rifles can be compromised/taken in close environments much easier than pistols. 30 rounds is plenty enough ammo, just enough to get yourself/family out of any pinch if necessary
>>
>>33613432
Depending on your state. Pay $200 to the man in the suit, wait, build your own suppressor.
>>
>>33613454
>have glock with 33rd stick hanging 5 inches out of the grip
>guy grabs it and wrenches it out of your hand/into your body and you shoot yourself

I'll take my 15 with the 33 as a backup thanks
>>
>>33613454

That's highly subjective and based on each individual's situation. I don't have kids in my house, I have no reason to need a small, compact, underpowered handgun for HD because I'll be in my bedroom hunkered down talking to 911 with an AR-15 aimed at the door. I don't need to clear my fucking house like some swat faggot just to get ambushed around a corner and killed.
>>
>>33613474
It's alot easier to push down or grab on a rifle/carbine barrel. You have to get in relatively close to grab a pistol magazine. I know it's all what if speculation, which there are 1000 scenarios. Depending on the size of the CQB space, carbines/rifles can also be hard to engage quickly at certain angles if the spaces are too cramped, like hallways for instance. It applies to shotguns as well. You can keep a pistol relatively close to your person, and it is easier to maintain control of in a tussle, especially one handed
>>
>>33613454
I'm with you because I'd like my purchase to be concealable if need be. I like walking at night and while the neighborhood is nice, I'd still like to have it on me.
>>
File: z gun.jpg (56KB, 451x444px) Image search: [Google]
z gun.jpg
56KB, 451x444px
No reason for anything more then a 9mm, a couple clips and a box of shells.
>>
This gun will not reload
Cause bitch I got extendos
Bitch, I got extendos
>>
File: G19 with G18 mag2.jpg (2MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
G19 with G18 mag2.jpg
2MB, 1936x2592px
>>33613376
Home is the only place where the 33 rounders even make sense for a pistol. Mostly because you don't have to carry it 12 hours a day, you can just throw it in a drawer.
>>
>>33613543
okay ha ha. I don't know why I called it a clip but that's what I'm used to hearing it referred to as.
>>
File: fbireport2.png (97KB, 997x758px) Image search: [Google]
fbireport2.png
97KB, 997x758px
>>33613543

>illegal high cap shells

enjoy prison, faggot
>>
>>33613404
>supped up overkill weapon if a standard issue pistol will suffice.
There is no overkill in a life and death situation. Overkill is better than being under prepared and dying.
>>
>>33613487
9mm isn't underpowered, it's right where it needs to be ballistically, especially 147 grain rounds. 5.56 is actually overpowered in comparison for a CQB engagement. Depending on ammo usage and barrel length, you'll be blowing bits of tissue/bone/skin fragments all over the place
>>
>>33613474
You already lost when they got close enough to touch the gun.
>>
>>33613581

Literally ALL standard pistol rounds are underpowered. 9mm, .40, .45, doesn't matter. Especially out of a short 4.5 inch barrel. People routinely survive pistol wounds, routinely. If you think a rifle isn't better than a pistol at any distance, you're a fucking idiot.

>you'll be blowing bits of tissue/bone/skin fragments all over the place

good, that's the fucking point
>>
>>33613376
A visible laser doesn't make much sense, but a suppressor and extended magazine are perfect for home defense. I'd take a drum if I could.
>>
>>33613581

Ahh, so that's why SWAT teams all breach and clear with their 9mm glocks. Oh wait...no, no they don't. They use rifles.
>>
>>33613581
>9mm pistol beating 5.56mm rifle

A 2" inch AR-15 would pack more of a punch than a 9mm pistol.
>>
>>33613376
>Depends how often you want to reload
>can use a laser if you want
>highly recommend suppressor if firing indoors with no earpro
>>
>>33613550
That's not true. I keep two 33rd mags for my Glock 19 in my car's center console as well. I began keeping them in there after the dust up in Ferguson. Never know when you'll need to lay down suppressing fire these days.
>>
>>33613698

kek, I have 2 OEM 33rd glock mags in my car also, loaded w/ 124 +P gold dots.
>>
>>33613543
That pic would be better with the wrench sitting on top of some old magazines that are clearly smeared with oil
>>
>>33613376
>>33613404
well i've never heard of anybody complaining for having TOO many bullets...

>be dark
>hear crash inside house
>grab stock glock
>no night sights
>squinting to just to acquire sight picture
>see nig nogs trying to steal tv
>one looks like he's pointing at me with a shiny glint from the moonlight
>BANG BANG BANG
>Tunnel vision, completely disoriented from concussive forces of shooting in the house without ear protection, lose sight picture immediately
>CLICK
>OHSHIT NO BULLETS BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE OVERKILL
>nig nogs escape
>only ended up putting holes in my tv and walls
>nig nogs sue for emotional damages and cuts from the windows the went through to escape
>mfw i should not have listened to the libtards saying every bullet is a bad guy tracker and only need 10 rounds
>>
>>33613809

>be dark
>hear crash inside house
>grab stock glock
>no night sights
>squinting to just to acquire sight picture
>see nig nogs trying to steal tv
>one looks like he's pointing at me with a shiny glint from the moonlight
>BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG
>Tunnel vision, completely disoriented from concussive forces of shooting in the house without ear protection, lose sight picture immediately
>click
>smoke clears
>nig nogs are dead
>>
>>33613376
The suppressor is great. A flashlight is also great. The laser is fun but you're going to be aiming at something 15 feet away. Don't bother with the gimmicky magazines unless it's an automatic.
>>
File: Sig250.jpg (65KB, 512x341px) Image search: [Google]
Sig250.jpg
65KB, 512x341px
>>33613376
Yes.
>>
>>33613376
>lasers
useful for PGO shotguns or lining up a shot in the dark (esp if you don't have night sights).
flashlights are kind of a gamble because they can just act as a beacon pointing out where you are
>>
>>33613809

>using the sights for household distances
>not being able to instinctively shoot under three inch groups at those distances

Someone has never heard of a laser trainer.
>>
>>33614611
>>using the sights for household distances
>not owning a mansion with 100yd rooms
>>
File: sks clip.jpg (75KB, 702x819px) Image search: [Google]
sks clip.jpg
75KB, 702x819px
>>33613376

Haven't read the thread yet but I bet you're getting a lot of shit for saying "clip" so before I answer your question I'll educate you.

A clip is something that just holds the bullets while the gun is using them. Pic related is a clip. What you're seeing in the pic you posted is a magazine. The difference is that a magazine actually feeds the bullets into the gun.

Sorry for the autism but unless you wanna get flamed to shit every time you post here, ya better know the difference.

THAT BEING SAID! Nothing wrong with an extended mag. Nobody has ever complained about their being too many bullets in a gun they're defending themselves with. You might consider something a little bigger though. If it's for home defense only, you don't have to worry much about being able to carry it around with you. Think about a shotgun or an AR15 instead. When you're defending yourself, you want the threat to go down quick.

Lasers aren't a bad idea. It can be tough to get a target perfect in your sights really damn fast like you might need to in a defense situation so the laser gives you a little something to lean on. Don't use it as a crutch though. When you're out at the range, use the irons/whatever other sights you put on it. Maybe split the difference and get a red dot instead?

Suppressors are tough and really expensive to get. They'll save your ears if God forbid you ever actually have to use the weapon in self defense, but that's a lot of extra money and legal paperwork to have one.
>>
>>33613376
>clips
>>
>>33613454
The objectively best weapon overall for home defense is a pistol-caliber, optic-equipped SBR loaded with hollowpoints. High-capacity, easy maneuverability, plenty of options for lights and such, and overpenetration risks mitigated with the proper ammo.

No fucking around with the pump on a shotgun, less risk of shaky aim from adrenaline like a pistol, better magazine capacity than both.
>>
>2017
>Not using a Brown Bess and Bayonet for home defense

It's like you don't want to debase their own argument
>>
>>33614711
>pistol-calibre penetrates less

That's debatable.
You forgot the suppressor as well.
>>
File: Pump_Shotgun_icon.png (56KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Pump_Shotgun_icon.png
56KB, 512x512px
>>33613376

For someone with little experience with firearms, I suggest a shotgun for a home defense firearm. Dealing with a pistol in a high stress situation can cause overexaggerated mistakes like anticipating recoil etc.

With a shotgun it's like a Kodak: Point and Click.
>>
File: the guv.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
the guv.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
>>33614860
why not both?

>not entirely serious
>>
>>33614860
>t. fudd
>>
>>33614611
>laser trainer

You fucking queer
>>
You are all fucking newfags

They're called Extendos (yes this was a meme)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtW6HW8jO_U
>>
>>33613809
I think most people have missed the point of this green text
>>
File: clips.jpg (868KB, 1190x3012px) Image search: [Google]
clips.jpg
868KB, 1190x3012px
>>33613376
>>
>>33613449

About 9 currently
>>
>>33613376
On the handgun I keep for HD I have a suppressor, light, and extendo.
>>
>>33613620
Anon. Your trying to tell me that 55gr at less than 1200 fps is better than 124gr at 1200 fps?
/k/ a bunch of retards that don't into ballistics
>>
>>33614860

>stacked bacon buttstock

I like you, anon.
>>
None of those are absolutely necessary, but all of them give you a huge advantage.

You didn't mention a light. I think a good pistol light/flashlight is essential.
>>
>>33613474
Why is he grabbing the mag when he could be burying his knife into your thoracic cavity
>>
I keep a G19 with the 33rnd mag next to my bed. It has a TLR-1HL on it for bumps in the night.
>>
>>33613474
>I'm voluntarily cutting my onboard ammo capacity in half because I'm worried about John Wick stealing my TV
>>
File: 308 stronk.jpg (51KB, 750x560px) Image search: [Google]
308 stronk.jpg
51KB, 750x560px
>>33613581
5.56 is underpowered. If you don't use .308 for HD you're gonna die.
>>
>>33613404

The best home defense weapon is one you know how to use like a part of your own body.

Any decent modern handgun will suffice. What matters is training and trigger time.

When a crisis happens and the adrenaline is pumping you wont rise to the occasion. You will sink to the level of your training.

Go out and buy a few boxes of quality hollowpoints or other recommended defense ammunition.

Then go and buy ten boxes of FMJ in the same bullet weight.

Take that to the range as often as you can. Practice. Practice. Practice.

Shoot from weird angles (ie. Around corners). Shoot with one hand. Shoot with your off hand. Shoot kneeling. Shoot from prone. Practice reloads.

Go slow in the beginning. First you get Good. Then you get Fast.

Practice until the gun becomes an extension of your arms. Until you can present and hit your target on reflex.

Everything else - upgrades, capacity, sights, etc. Is secondary to practice, muscle memory and competence.
>>
>>33613376
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>clips
>>
>>33613404
You should overkill yourself. Not with a gun though.
>>
File: 1274381938398.gif (2MB, 251x185px) Image search: [Google]
1274381938398.gif
2MB, 251x185px
>>33616399

>.223
>2540 f/s
>>
>>33613376
WHAT? DISTENDED HIPS?
>>
>>33613376
>wrote clips
>then wrote suppressors
subtle bait
>>
>>33613918
>the first bang was your glock blowing up the city block, the rest were from your neighbours glocks and ammo cooking off
>>
>>33613404
get a shotgun for home defense
>>
>>33616399
but isn't home defense ranges where you get the absolute most benefit from high-velocity 55 grain stuff?
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.