[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it be tasteless to get a tattoo of the Winged Victory from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 15

File: US-Victory-Medal-Cobh-Museum.jpg (14KB, 170x289px) Image search: [Google]
US-Victory-Medal-Cobh-Museum.jpg
14KB, 170x289px
Would it be tasteless to get a tattoo of the Winged Victory from the WWI victory medal if I've never served?

I recently overcame a huge series of hurdles in my life and I wanted to get something to commemorate it
>>
I look down on tats in general. But that would be a cool design. Nobody is going to call stolen valor on that. Put a cool lain phrase on there, too. "Ne Cede Mails" or some shit. Good luck.
>>
>>33613273
I dont think anyone is going to believe you are stolen valoring as a WW1 vet.
>>
>>33613273
No one else served in that war that's out and about nowadays, go for it.
If you like the design go for it. Just the angel, right?
>>
File: 1300246586522.png (51KB, 610x629px) Image search: [Google]
1300246586522.png
51KB, 610x629px
>>33613273
It's your life story. Do what makes sense to you.
That's not cringy or anything like a lot of tatoos out there.
People who get a tatoo just to get one usually get the cringy and stupid stuff.
>>
>>33613273
I guess man
>>
>>33613273
>I recently overcame a huge series of hurdles in my life and I wanted to get something to commemorate it
>comparing your boring life "hurdles" to WWI hardships
But why are civilians so dumb tho?
>>
just get the rainbow part so everyone knows that you're a fag
>>
>>33613273
How many people that see it are actually going to know what it is?
>>
>>33613273
Who gives a fuck what veterans think.
They're literally the shit of society that needed a government hand out & pat on the back.

The ones who get mad about stolen valor or even unrelated things like this are essentially the same as a 28 year old NEET who still wears their high school Letterman jacket
>>
>>33613362

Probably none. I'll be on my back and I've already got one tattoo that very few people know about.

>>33613337
I came from a cocaine addict to a first year university student, two years clean of everything. No disrespect to those that fought harder than I ever could.
>>
>I need ink in my skin to commemorate being a normal human

Is this white trash?
>>
>>33613293
>anon gets WW1 Victory medal
>sone day walking through small town an extremly old man approaches, jabs anon with a cane made of a G98 stock
>"And just which battalion in the Meuse Argonne Offensive you serve with sonny?"
>>
>>33613273
>Would it be tasteless to get a tattoo
Yes.
>>
>>33613397
>I came from a cocaine addict
So...something you did to yourself. You're proud of cleaning up? That's like saying you should be proud you completed your prison sentence for manslaughter, if anything you're just some average dude back to square one.
>>
>>33614110
Not OP, but fuck you. Wanna try breaking an addiction? Don't come back to /k/ for 2 years. That's only a psychological "addiction" if you post here often. With OP's willpower, it would be a fucking walk in the park. But imagine if not coming back was going to make you physically ill up to the point all you can think of is coming back to make another shitpost. Not so easy then. All you would want to do is slide back to the way things were. You don't realize how hard it is to break an addiction until you actually stop the abuse.
>>
File: lmaotucker.webm (623KB, 392x540px) Image search: [Google]
lmaotucker.webm
623KB, 392x540px
>>33614277

>Not OP
>is definitely OP
>>
>>33613273
Very few would even be able to identify it, no one would claim stolen valor.
>>
>>33613273
Do you mean the design on the medal or, like, a picture of the entire medal with the ribbon and all?

If it's just the design that's fine I guess, nobody is going to see that and immediately assume you've served.

If you do it with the ribbon and all though you are heavily implying service to anyone who doesn't know what the medal is, as well as being generally cringy as fuck.
>>
>>33614277
>Wanna try breaking an addiction?
Well I'm smart enough not to start in the first place, which yes, puts me in a higher status than someone who completely fucked himself and then wants feel good jollies after getting back to what should be normal.

Should I go reward myself with a tattoo for not becoming an addict? Should I consider a tattoo a reward at all? The entire concept is retarded.

>With OP's willpower
Yeah, great willpower, the willpower to destroy himself, how amazing I'm in awe right now, this man changed my life.

Long story short, the point is, feeling good about yourself for righting a wrong is retarded when you caused the wrong in the first place, you're obligated to fix it, and you'll get no praise from anyone who's better than that.
>>
>>33613940
All WW1 vets are dead, anon...
>>
>>33614366
Why are you such a salty cunt over such a trivial thing?
>>
File: 1485494975876.jpg (164KB, 1022x793px) Image search: [Google]
1485494975876.jpg
164KB, 1022x793px
>>33614415
i know, and that sucks
>>
>>33614366
>the point is, feeling good about yourself for righting a wrong is retarded when you caused the wrong in the first place
>break something
>refuses to fix it because "lol the damage is already done"
>>
>>33613273
Its better than most ink

infinity symbols, bird feathers, paw prints etc
>>
I believe, as a descendant of many Doughboys from that war, that it is okay. However, you must stand strong morally, it is a symbol of respect for those who fought and died in that horrid war. You must be pious, meaning to refrain from crime or something along those lines. In short, what I am saying is you have to be a good man in order to bear their symbol.
>>
>>33614110
while his suffering was ultimately self-inflicted, the fact that a faggot like OP managed to summon enough self-control to turn his life around is definitely a personal achievement. If he wants to commemorate it by getting a tattoo, good for him.

having said that, if I were OP I would opt for a different depiction of Nike rather than the one off of the medal. It's just my personal preference, but having a tattoo based upon a medal that I didn't earn wouldn't sit right with me.

>>33614415
that's what they want you to think. Somewhere out there, some ancient, grizzled man is waiting for WWIII to begin so he can join in and become a back-to-back-to-back champion.
>>
>>33614487
Good argument sure showed me.

>>33614532
Maybe you missed the "you're obligated to fix it"

I mean generally I forgive retards for being, you know, retarded, but that one was just staring you in the face lol.

>>33614583
>summon enough self-control to turn his life around is definitely a personal achievement
>have no self control and fuck yourself over before climbing up just enough to pull out of your spiral
ftfy, cmon, he fucked himself up, if you start at the top of a hill, throw yourself off like an idiot, and then have to climb back up it, again don't expect praise from me, you're the idiot who jumped.
>>
>>33614338
No
>>33614366
You're the type of asshole who thinks he could never make mistake. Sure drugs are easy to avoid for people like you and I, but maybe shit was different for OP. Maybe he didn't know how fucked he could get when he started. It's not so important that it was drugs that he was trying to escape. The importance lies in the effort OP put into escaping the gravity of his mistake. How far do you think you could go to fix a mistake? For the average person, they never really fuck up bad enough to find out. But for those who do, they may find it psychologically beneficial to continue down a dead end than to fight their way back up. If you fucked something up at work and knew you would be fired for taking accountability, would you fix your mistake? What if it meant having to find an entire new field to work in, could you still fix your mistake? Say you would. Would you not then reward yourself for finding a new career? Wouldn't you want to celebrate? I'm not great with hypotheticals, but it seems to me that fighting against something at the magnitude of a fucking cocaine addiction and coming out victorious justify some form of celebration. I say OP's actions to better his life are at least meritable of a fucking tattoo.
>>
File: 1482984205955.jpg (621KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1482984205955.jpg
621KB, 1200x800px
>>33614583
>>33614366
>>33614110

My suffering was most certainly self inflicted, but I managed to come back from a point most degenerate drug addicts couldnt. I cleaned myself up, quit everything, finished highschool, and now I'm working on a university degree in Police Studies so I can work in policing to help others that have made the same mistakes I have.

I feel I've got a right to be proud.
>>
>>33613273
no you fag
>>
>>33614703
>if you start at the top of a hill, throw yourself off like an idiot, and then have to climb back up it, again don't expect praise from me, you're the idiot who jumped.

You know man, I really do understand where you're coming from. I'm both ashamed and disappointed at how I've wasted 8 years of my life, and I expect nobody to praise me for cleaning myself up.

I will, however, praise myself for my accomplishments. I feel I've won a victory over the person I once was, and I want to celebrate that.
>>
>>33614734
You know you've done good. Don't let assholes tell you any different.
>>
>>33614720
>You're the type of asshole who thinks he could never make mistake.
No? How'd you gather that?

>Maybe he didn't know how fucked he could get when he started.
I went all through my life not knowing how fucked up drugs could be, and I still wasn't interested in them lol. Like how much of a beta follower do you have to be to go, AYE I DONT KNOW SHIT BOUT DAT PILL / POWDER / SYRINGE OH BOY LEMME TAKE THAT. It's fucking retarded.

>How far do you think you could go to fix a mistake?
I don't think you realize, I'm all for him fixing his mistake, just like if I make a mistake I'll be sure to fix it. The difference is after I'm done fixing it I'm going to be more interested in, you know, making sure it doesn't happen again and realizing it was a shitty move, instead of buying a cake and celebrating. Let's say you start at the top of the hill and THEN you climb above everyone else to achieve some great feat. That's worth celebrating, getting you back to normal human level, is just lining back up with the rabble. If you reward yourself for that, prepare your anus for failure.

>Would you not then reward yourself for finding a new career?
No? You fucked up and had to give up everything. What kind of narcissist would celebrate having to resort to a fallback option?

>Fail out of college
>land a job at burger king
>kek kek kek timeee for some ice cream

What even?

>>33614734
>most degenerate drug addicts couldnt
Good job you're slightly better than the most degenerate addicts. I don't know why you think this helps your case?

>>33614793
Well good job narcissist, my only advice to you is don't reward yourself for being mundane, or you'll doom yourself to stay there.
>>
File: you'rearetard.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
you'rearetard.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
>>33613273
Neck youself.
>>
File: 1483939030136.jpg (264KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1483939030136.jpg
264KB, 1680x1050px
>>33614831
>slightly better than the most degenerate addicts
>being mundane, or you'll doom yourself to stay there

Hey man, I'm moving forward from a point so low most people never experience it, and I'm working towards a life where I can help those in that position.

If thats mundane then I'd love to know what kind of earth shattering life you've lived

>>33614799

Thanks, anon. Its appreciated
>>
>>33613309
tfw have a full time job, pay taxes, and have tattoos in the red forearms.

Essentially whoever made this is a cunt.
>>
>>33614874
>a point so low most people never experience it
Because most, by default, are better than you. Understand how it works now?

>If thats mundane then I'd love to know what kind of earth shattering life you've lived
21 on a 220k salary, regularly taking trips of both business and pleasure around Europe and South America, all earned by myself. No trust funds no drugs, not quite earth shattering and certainly not where I want to stay, this is just a stepping stone to my more final goals.

But certainly not a life where I celebrate my failures.
>>
>>33614703
I'm not arguing with you, I'm just calling you a salty cunt
>>
>>33614964
Fair enough, I'm not sure you know what salty means though.
>>
File: 1483939280383.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1483939280383.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>33614938
>Because most, by default, are better than you

No, my actions caused me to fall to a point below most. I acknowledge this.
However, I've managed to turn around and get back to where I started and then some. It's like starting a race, turning around and running 200m back and still managing to catch up.

>21 on a 220k salary

I'm going to go with lies on the internet, but on the off chance this is legit, so what?
I went back and redid my highschool and graduated with high 80's and 90's. I briefly considered getting a degree in power engineering (I live in an oil town) and making 130k a year working in the plants, but money wont make me happy. I want to live a life where I can help others, and I plan on using my experiences to do so.
>>
>>33613292
>>33613309
>>33614064
>>33614366
>>33614703
Moralfags gb2 >>>/pol/

The question was "Would it be tasteless" and the answer is unequivocally yes. It doesn't matter how obscure it is, you are taking the image of an award that does not belong to you. Find a talented artist and make something original.
>>
>>33614988
You obviously cared enough to write a fair amount in this thread

Whats bothering you anon?
>>
>>33614998
>No, my actions caused me to fall to a point below most. I acknowledge this.
So when others aren't as fucked up as you are, and you had to work hard just to barely fix yourself, yes, others were by default better than you.

See how that works?

>I'm going to go with lies on the internet, but on the off chance this is legit, so what?
You asked, I don't know what you mean "so what" lol.

Money isn't everything, you're right, why I said it's a stepping stone, though I'm less interested in helping shitbags who fucked themselves up and more interested leaving a big mark on the world as a whole. Not so much a mark but something everyone can use, not just scum you know?

>>33615034
Wha? Replying to the wrong post?

>>33615006
Well given all the quotes this guy is dropping it's safe to assume he has no creativity or originality in his body. Textbook follower mentality, likely what got him into drugs in the first place.
>>
>>33615050
My point is most 'normal' people on 4chan would just leave OP alone after a few "hurr degenerate scum" posts. Why do you care so much?
>>
While I would have personally reservations about it, it's far less cringy than the ones most people get. Considering WWI is now out of living memory I don't think anybody would complain except turbo-autists.
>>
>>33614900
I think you'd have to have them on your face as well for full effect.
>>
>>33615091
Cuz it's funny, why else?
>>
>>33615050
>>33615050
> others aren't as fucked up as you are,
You misunderstand, we all started the same. I dug myself into a hole.
>barely fix yourself
If you consider my endeavors "barely fixed" then theres not much I could ever do to please you. How many university educated former drug addicts working in policing do you know?

>leaving a big mark on the world as a whole
I'll never understand people who lie on 4chan. Oh well.

Best of luck with whatever it is you're doing. I hope it works out for you.
>>
File: 1482990243889.jpg (122KB, 1502x427px) Image search: [Google]
1482990243889.jpg
122KB, 1502x427px
>>33615145

>forgot semi motivational nonrelevant photo
>>
>>33613273
Not overly so. In fact, I'd applaud the idea if you have relatives who were in the trenches, especially those no longer with you. That said? Personally, I'd get something different and more personal. Still, I'm happy for you anon.
>>
>>33615145
>You misunderstand, we all started the same. I dug myself into a hole.
Yes exactly, and they didn't, they weren't trash like you.

>How many university educated former drug addicts working in policing do you know?
A few, I actually know more that are STILL addicts. I don't think you understand that "policing" isn't anything to be wowed by. Same goes for just being in university. There's all kinds of shitbricks in women studies courses and criminal justice or nursing or whatever. Good on them for what they believe is the noblest of causes, but it doesn't really give anything to humanity except for the status quo.

>I'll never understand people who lie on 4chan. Oh well.
Whatever helps ya cope with bein lesser? Dunno what to tell you.

>Best of luck with whatever it is you're doing. I hope it works out for you.
Well obviously it's working out for me, just like I said, not where I intend to stay.

>>33615163
Still riding the coattails of others I see.
>>
>>33615175

My grandfather was at Normandy on D day. I only met him a few times when I was younger. I aspire to be even half the man he was.

Still, I'm having a hard time deciding if the tattoo is tasteless. I like the Goddess Victoria, maybe I'll get her in another form.
>>
>>33615203

>I'll never understand people who lie on 4chan. Oh well.
>Whatever helps ya cope with bein lesser? Dunno what to tell you.

This is painfully ironic
>>
Why do you life it? Overcoming drug addiction is a flaccid "victory" in the larger scheme of things. I sense from your quotes that you are striving for an ideal. Why not make it something more personal? Think bigger. Join the military and then get your unit crest tattooed on your forearm.
>>
>>33615236
Again, whatever helps ya cope mate. I know it's shitty knowing you fucked yourself over so bad you'll never be in the same league as me, despite, I'm quite sure you being far older.

Oh well.
>>
File: old.jpg (103KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
old.jpg
103KB, 960x639px
>>33615248

The quotes are just dumb things I ripped from /fit/ motivational threads.
This isn't so much about beating drugs as it is becoming a different person and giving my life a purpose to do more than just sniff coke. I really am an entirely different person now, i reconnected with family and even found a girl that helps me move forward.

This thread kind of went sideways and I feel it's really off topic of /k/. Mods feel free to prune.
>>
>>33615111
Alright, I'll accept that answer from the trips of truth
>>
>>33615305
>I'm a really different person
>time to scar my body and compare myself to WWI soldiers
>hay guys would that b okay?

Just admit you're here to get drug sympathy.
>>
>>33615305
>I really am an entirely different person now
Cool story bro, whatever you need to tell yourself. Getting a tattoo isn't going to magically grant much needed direction to your life. Join the Marines. Join a Greek reenactors group. Do something, then you can get a tattoo that matters.
>>
>>33615305

In fact, this thread is incredibly off topic for /k/, I'm going to prune it myself. Thanks for the thoughts on the tattoo, /k/, I'll weight it over some more. I know some old Korean vets that hang out down at the local Legion, I'll ask their thoughts

>>33615278
Good luck with you shit man, I hope you change the world.
>>
>>33613397

>I sprayed watery poop all over my room
>but at least I cleaned it up
>better get a tat to commemorate

Also, you've overcome nothing, you'll always be an addict and that tattoo will only push you over into suicide when you eventually fall off the wagon.
>>
>>33613273
>>33615377

>cannot delete a post this old.

Well shit. Sage I guess. Good luck to you all
>>
>>33615377
I hope so too, at least add to it instead of bring everyone down by wasting resources on lost causes ya know?
>>
>>33615006

That's bullshit.

Unequivocally bullshit. It's the design of liberty (winged) walking forward with a sword and shield. Do you have any idea how many pictures of "Liberty" exist? It's just a fucking picture. On a medal, with a ribbon it's an award he's not entitled to but the image of winged liberty is fairly common and honestly there are better illustrations of her out there than this but hey, if it's what he likes for whatever reason that's fine.
>>
>>33615391
>Good luck to you
You are a true hero for not being a huge waste. I hope you can continue being "completely different." That is really impressive.
>>
>>33613273
No. Victoria (Victory) is not unique to the medal. Furthermore, you are choosing to honor an entire war etched on your body. Finally fuck everyone. Get it, enjoy it, dont act like a fag about it. You are not trying to compare your personal victory to that of ww1, you are just inspired by it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_(mythology)
>>
>>33615419
>the image of winged liberty is fairly common
Almost as pathetic as getting moon runes or Mjolnir or something. You're not a viking or a samurai or a monk.
>>
People who try to get meaningful tattoos are usually the biggest plebs. If you're getting inked just get something aesthetic.
>>
File: atalanta1921bronze.jpg (90KB, 1066x1400px) Image search: [Google]
atalanta1921bronze.jpg
90KB, 1066x1400px
>>33613273
>Would it be tasteless to get a tattoo of the Winged Victory from the WWI victory medal if I've never served?

Tasteless? Maybe a little. The design you would be using is an artist's work depicted on a military award. This design IN PARTICULAR was given to WWI veterans. There are billions of Winged Victory designs to choose from, and you picked this one. It's not about stolen valor, just respect for the dead. That's the only part that sits wrong with me.

If it were me I'd pick Atalanta in full sprint. I'm always going to be running from my addiction, even if I get clean.

t. a floundering alcoholic Army veteran

>I recently overcame a huge series of hurdles in my life and I wanted to get something to commemorate it

Congratulations. Had a friend who killed himself to get free of junk. I'm glad you're still here OP.

The rest of you in this thread are a bunch of autistic fucking manchildren.
>>
Why don't you tattoo a Medal of Honor on yourself too? Tattoo the image of Victory if you want but the medal is for those who earned it
>>
>>33614734
I like this image personally. It shows how OP fought the snake and escaped.
>>
>>33613273
>Would it be tasteless to get a tattoo

Yes

A child is amoral. A Papuan too, for us. The Papuan slaughters his enemies and devours them. He is not a criminal. But if a modern person slaughters someone and devours him, he is a criminal or a degenerate. The Papuan covers his skin with tattoos, his boat, his oars, in short everything he can lay his hands on. He is no criminal. The modern person who tattoos himself is either a criminal or a degenerate. There are prisons in which eighty percent of the inmates have tattoos. People with tattoos not in prison are either latent criminals or degenerate aristocrats.
>>
File: Croats.jpg (1MB, 1076x1388px) Image search: [Google]
Croats.jpg
1MB, 1076x1388px
>>33613397

Congratulations, comrade.
Sobriety is good, keep at it.
>>
>>33615584
>autistic fucking manchildren.
I'm also an alcoholic vet.
>>
>>33613397
You've come far, keep pushing forward.
Believe in your humanity and the power that humanity has to bring you to scucess. Keep pushing forward.
>>
>>33615006
Morality belongs on every board.
>>
>>33613397
Heroin addict here. Been clean for 6 years.

Got a tattoo of a dove and olive branch on the side of my ribs. Kind of regret it since I'm not the same guy who wanted it but oh well. Stay clean man and keep on with your studies.
>>
File: 9819-004-7FA95628.jpg (25KB, 478x450px) Image search: [Google]
9819-004-7FA95628.jpg
25KB, 478x450px
>>33613273
>Rainbow flag
Why not just an original piece with Nike goddess of victory in that same pose, but something unique for you? Might as well go to a real deal artist and make it good m8.

>Roman fags get out, her name is Nike. And she is one of those Hellenistic fake God's anyway, might as call her by her real name.
>>
OP is a worthless teenage drug addict who thinks he needs a tattoo to show off how great it is he does not do drugs anymore

self indulgent narcissistic bullshit

i bet you will really get a kick out of explaining how meaningful that tat is to any poor fuck who will listen for years to come
>>
>>33613273
You probably shouldn't get the tattoo because you're asking if you should, you probably shouldn't.
>>
>>33614831
>I'm of a higher status
>you won't win any praise from me!
>youre proud of yourself for correcting your mistakes? Narcissist!

You've got a lot going on there anon, maybe you should take a step away from the computer for a bit and learn a little bit about modesty. Or empathy. Or just not being an uppity cunt. The world isn't black and white, but I'm sure your autism makes understanding that a bit of a hurdle.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.