[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Contrary to popular belief Saiga 7.62x39 rifles are utter trash.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: saiga_fail.jpg (1MB, 3920x2204px) Image search: [Google]
saiga_fail.jpg
1MB, 3920x2204px
Contrary to popular belief Saiga 7.62x39 rifles are utter trash.

The quality control is shit and Saiga is the only brand of AKs I have seen fail in regular use.

First case was a split bolt carrier which split from the spot where the piston connects to it.

Now last weekend one of the Saigas at the range started to malf like mad and had constant failures to feed. One of the corners of the bolt face which is supposed to pick cartridges from the magazine had worn round and instead of picking a new cartridge from the magazine it would just skip the cartridge and get stuck on top of it.

>pic related

The cause from these problems is that the civilian market Saiga 7.62x39 rifles are not actually AK-47 or AKM derivatives but are based on the AK-74M which shoots the significantly weaker 5.45x39 cartridge. When you compare Saiga bolt and bolt carrier to for example Arsenal bolt and bolt carrier you notice they have used much less material in the Saiga parts. The part of the bolt face which picks new cartridges from the magazine is significantly thinner in Saiga so the wear lead to malfunctions much faster. I'm also suspecting (but can't prove) that the Saiga bolt is made of softer metal because no such wear was visible in either Bulgarian, Hungarian or Chinese AKs present at the range that day.

So if you are planning to shoot more than 10k rounds through your rifle during your lifetime forget Saiga 7.62x39 models. There's very real chance they won't last that long.
>>
File: saiga_fail2.jpg (253KB, 1145x1376px) Image search: [Google]
saiga_fail2.jpg
253KB, 1145x1376px
>>33608581

Picture of the bolt face.

The real kicker is that Saiga spare parts are almost impossible to get here because they are different from standard 7.62x39 parts so this might be the end of this rifle.
>>
nice shill post, iv'e seen saigas last 30k plus at rental ranges, also how much is century arms paying you ?
>>
>>33608596

Century Arms does not operate in country where I live in.

I've seen perhaps 6 Saigas and two of them have broken. I know it's small sample size but the less beefier parts compared to other 7.62x39 AKs seem to be the obvious culprit.
>>
>>33608589
>The real kicker is that Saiga spare parts are almost impossible to get here because they are different from standard 7.62x39 parts so this might be the end of this rifle.
Shouldn't it just be compatible with a standard AKM bolt? I'm sure you could buy a stripped one and use the firing pin & extractor from the Saiga bolt on it instead of being an idiot and considering that the entire rifle is done for.
>>
>>33608581
>Contrary to popular belief

LoL who the fuck told you Saigas were good?

Haven't you tried their meme semi-automatic jamgun I mean shotgun?
>>
>>33608611
well maybe they send the reject rifles to eu countries and the quality ones to the u.s.

t. saiga owner with 7 k rounds through one with no issues not even one malf

also maybe your mags are bad/
>>
That's too bad, so stick with Arsies then?
>>
>>33608596
>30K plus rounds
>AK Pattern rifle
>Some how this is an achievement
>>
also nothing appears to be wrong with your bolt, there is no deformations, if so they would expose bare metal. probably bad magazine
>>
>>33608647

thats just what iv'e seen, battle field vegas has wasr's and saigas that make 90,000 regularly
>>
>>33608636

The gun was modified to feed from AK magazines. It was tested with both Saiga and Circle 10 mags and both malfunctioned, the Saiga mags worse. Even when applying pressure at the magazine so it would sit as high as possible the corner of the bolt face would cause the bolt to skip over the cartridge when feeding from right side.
>>
>>33608668

it's not the bottom lug, possibly a mag catch issue, the bottom looks like every ak lug iv'e seen
>>
>>33608617

It isn't. Saiga uses AK74 pattern bolt carrier and bolt.
>>
>>33608682
yes they are semi ak-103s
>>
>>33608681

The bottom lug corner which is supposed to pick ammo from right side of the magazine was significantly worn, too bad I can't take better picture as it's not my rifle.
>>
Sucks for me. I already have a sporter because commie state. I was considering a Mini 14 though so we'll see. Don't worry, I have the Mini identification/buying guide saved somewhere so I won't buy a jammonatic
>>
>>33608743
don't worry as iv'e said saigas are fine guns stateside, our euro friend probably received a bad batch if it's not conversion/mag related
>>
>>33608617
It's not compatible with AKM bolts. You need AK-103 style bolts.
>>
>>33608662
>Battlefield Vegas
been there once, shit they make a killing
>>
>>33608581
>caliber electropencilled to casing
>europoor detected
>>
>remember after AWB expired when Saiga 12s were the bees knees
>remember faggots selling unconverted Saiga 12s for $1,000+
>remember faggots only having 20 gauge Saigas in stock
>unconverted
>still $1,000+
>remember wanting one so bad because it was in STALKER
>never got one
>>
>>33608897

The gun was converted because of this issue because it was first thought that the original magazines had worn out.

Apparently nobody (the gunsmith who did the conversion included) had tried to take out the recoil spring and cycle it by hand to see what the issue actually was.
>>
>>33608668
>>33609016
>the gun was modified/converted

Did you seriously go from single stack mags to double stack mags without changing the bolt?
>>
>>33608589
Kek that's a singlestack bolt.

Pic related.
>>
>>33609064

It originally shipped with 30 Saiga rounds magazines and no feed ramp. The mag well hasn't been modified, only feed ramp has been added.
>>
>>33609129
It's still a single stack bolt, and if you are using factory double stack mags it absolutely will not work with a single stack bolt. Someone modified a single stack sporter rifle after production to take 30 rounders and didn't change the bolt, or you did something fucky to make it malfunction.

I would say replace the bolt but you don't seem to be the type that's qualified to properly headspace one of these anyway.

Good luck.
>>
File: WASR Folded.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
WASR Folded.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>33609064
>>33609098
>>33609373
I never bothered with the bolt when I un-fucked my WASR. It hasn't malf'ed since I did it. If it wears to the point of OP's problem I'll swap it.
>>
>>33608956
Vepr-12 is better apparently, from what I hear. Can't confirm since I've owned neither one. Personally I'd like both just for collections sake.
>>
>>33608581
>Saiga 7.62x39 rifles are utter trash.

I used to convert them professionally and this is a lie

>The quality control is shit

wrong
>>
>>33610574
I own a vepr 12 on form 1 with a 12 inch barrel and 2 saiga 12's.

The vepr is an absolute god shotgun, runs like a best out of the box and the receiver and parts are built like a tank. Its reliable and uses straight insert mags with bolt hold open a regular feature.

Meanwhile ive been working on both s12k's forever now and they still jam and clip hulls and fail to extract.

Saiga is garbage, but on the reverse of that anything made by MOLOT is god tier. Seriously, their ak's are all made off RPK receiver blanks and their parts are finished well.

Arsenal can go fuck itself.
>>
>>33608589
>>33608581
>blames shitty magazine on the bolt
>when it's clear there's nothing wrong with the bolt

This is the next VZ58 shitpost, isn't it
>>
honestly saiga rifles and sgl's are the closet thing any of us will own to a true ak-103 or 74m or 101
>>
File: 20170321_104157~2.jpg (1MB, 4032x1177px) Image search: [Google]
20170321_104157~2.jpg
1MB, 4032x1177px
>>33610646
This
>>
>>33609373

It worked for about 10k rounds, retard.

Single stack Saigas were never imported in my country. Only double stack Saigas with either Saiga only mags or with AK compatible mags.
>>
>>33609098

Those are not Saiga bolts dipshit.
>>
>>33611152
>It worked for about 10k rounds, retard.
have you replaced anything else on the gun or even attempted basic maintenance?
yeh yeh yeh its an ak but you still need to replace shit like springs at high round counts
>>
>>33608596
30k for an ak47 pattern rifle isn't very impressive...
>>
>>33611491
yeah, it is sonnyboy
>>
>>33611152
How bout instead of just saying "My country" why dont you hit us with what shithole your live in so we can check your facts.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.