[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinkin' of hunting. Deer/boar. CZ 527 (carbine? american?)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: cz.jpg (802KB, 1200x443px) Image search: [Google]
cz.jpg
802KB, 1200x443px
Thinkin' of hunting. Deer/boar.

CZ 527 (carbine? american?) or Tikka T3 (...lite?)
>>
>>33606245
either will work fine
>>
>>33606245
Tikka is a really good rifle, but I would get the wooden stocked version. I really don't like factory plastic stocks. Get it in 30-06.

Winchester model 70 in 270 is also really good, but it's best to replace the Winchester's trigger with a Timney.
>>
>>33606284
No 7.62×39?
>>
File: IMG_0310.jpg (125KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0310.jpg
125KB, 1024x768px
Get a CZ in 9.3x62. Best pig gun/bullet combo I have ever had. Not my rifle but pic related.
>>
>>33607819
How is 9.3x62? Do you have any links to some info on it?
>>
>>33608247
Google is your friend. Not being a dick but that's where I got all my info on it. Lots of good articles from Africa and Northern Europe. 286gr Priv Ammo is cheap and shoot groups consist with loads twice its price. Mine has two swamp deer and 17 pigs under its belt(non went more than 20 yards and most fell where they stood) so long as you keep shots under 200yards the bullet is a hunters dream.
>>
>>33606245
I have a CZ 557 carbine in 308.

Its 20.5 inches but I have a moderator that takes it up to 24 inches.

Its a good gun. Light, dependable and groups nicely
>>
File: IMG_0315.jpg (177KB, 784x923px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0315.jpg
177KB, 784x923px
9.3, 30-06, 8mm, 6.5, and 308. The 9.3 Mauser has soft recoil for its size. Not snappy at all, more of a gentle push to the shoulder. Wish it was more popular here in the states.
>>
>>33606284
Isn't 308 just a more compact version of the 06? Any reason you prefer 06 over the 308?
>>
>>33606325
Why limit yourself on range, especially considering the good expanding softpoints cost as much as good expanding softpoints in .243/7mm-08/.308/.270/.30-06 and almost every single state/country specifically outlaws the use of FMJ for big game hunting even if it actually works okay in some rounds with some bullet designs (thus meaning you cannot legally shoot your Golden Tiger)?
>>
>>33608247
Basically a slightly hotter, slightly older .35 Whelen and entirely fucking overkill for pretty much everything in North America including grizzlies.
>>
>>33608777
>isn't .308 just a more compact version of the 06?
From all practical standpoints yes. Significantly lower recoil for marginally lower muzzle velocity across a wide range of bullet weights. .30-06 does enough better with 180-220gr bullets to be worth it if you need the deep penetration on big or dangerous game (grizzly, moose) they provide though.

Pretty much the only reason I could see recommending an '06 over a .308 is it's significantly less prone to panic buying, with the tradeoff being the cheapest .30-06 is still about twice as expensive as the cheapest .308.
>>
>>33608817
You call it overkill, I say I hate tracking through Swamps. When I shoot something I want it to stay put.
>>
>>33608849
I've never had a deer run at all when hit with a .243. I've never had an elk run at all when hit with a .300wm. Both are cheaper, more common, easier to reload for, and have lower perceived recoil than your 9.3.
>>
>>33606245
If you're going exclusively boar, it isnt really hunting, its removing. And when removing, you use whatever you need to get the job done most effectively.

Personally, I'm a slut for lever guns, so I'd go with a .357/.30-30/.44/.45-70 gat.

The reason I bring all this up is because there's a good chance you'll really want a semi-auto when dealing with boar. And a side arm with a big mag too.

>>33608692
8mm mauser is one sexy cartridge. It'll put anything smaller than a moose down with ease.
>>
>>33608869
Cheaper no the price is almost identical, more common yes, ease of reloading that's your opinion. And you have never had an animal run at all after you shot? Come on now, I know this is the internet but not everything has to be a lie.
>>
>>33608958
I'm serious. I have 24 deer, 2 pronghorn antelope, and 2 elk to my name, all were DRT.

Being able to pick your shots helps a lot. Both elk were neck-shot at under 200 yards, a third of the deer were headshot at under 100 yards, and antelope are fragile as fuck on top of being tiny.
>>
>>33608958
>the price is almost identical
Cheapest I'm seeing is $1.10/rd before shipping for PPU. Meanwhile the cheapest reliably expanding hunting ammo in .243 is $0.60/rd (also PPU), in 7mm-08 it's $0.73/rd (also PPU), in .308 it's $0.53/rd (GECO), .270 is $0.65/rd (PPU), and .30-06 is $0.67/rd (PPU). So basically
>MOTHA FUCKIN' HALF THE COST
>>
>>33608981
If that is truly the case than I take back what I said. Well done on so many clean shots, and I do mean that. When comparing prices I looked to the 300wm stated above, and if you look somewhere that isn't Midway USA you will see that 9.3 can be purchased for .89 cents a round. So not all that expensive, but your experience may vary.
>>
>>33609126
yeah all those prices came off ammoseek and cross-referenced against gunbot. So if 9.3 is available for literally 20 cents a round cheaper *somewhere* they've been OOS for a long goddamn time.
>.300wm
>PPU is 86cpr
>http://ammoseek.com/ammo/300-winchester-magnum
still wrong

Gonna keep trying to blow smoke up my ass here?
>>
Cz 527 in 7.62x39 is the best rifle within 200 yards. I cannot overemphasize how lightweight and maneuverable this thing is. It feels like a childrens 22 except with dat 30 cal punch. Really amazing gun
>>
>>33609156
Not trying to blow smoke in any of your orifices, just stating that this round (that I'm sure by now you can tell I'm a fan of) is an excellent round for any med to large game. And is not going to break your piggy bank as something like 375H&H would. If something has offended you that was not my intent. OP wanted something for deer and hogs, I shared my experience hunting these animals to help guide his or her choice.
>>
No .50bmg?

But seriously. What kind of side arm would you use to boar hunt? I'd of thought .357 mag or .44 mag, but that would limit you to 5-6 rounds.
>>
>>33609454
With the hogs/boar around me 9x19 has always worked well. Granted they rarely get over ~300lbs here. Even JHP carry loads have no problem with their skulls, it just trucks right through.

If I were in an area with a large Russian Blue population where 500+lb boar were common I might step up to something else.
>>
>>33609319
And I'm trying to tell you that from an American standpoint it's not because it's rare and expensive compared to other offerings that do every bit as well at actually killing things.

And for "not trying to blow smoke in any of your orifices" being wrong and proven wrong on literally all of your claims is a bad way to go about it.
>>
>>33609496
On price I have to concede to you as outside of my own checkbook I have no way to refute your information. But wrong on all claims? Do tell, it is no harder to buy than any other round( thank you internet) and reloading is a moot point as anyone that reloads buys the equipment to reload any new caliber they wish. And in doing so negates your "costs more" argument. That leaves the issue of recoil, someone with you prodigious marksmanship only needs to fire a single shot anyway right? To others if 30-06 is manageable the 9.3 will be easy.
>>
Non of you guys must actually hunt, or you're poaching.
For deer or hog, .243 is perfect, .223 works great for hog too.
Recommending 30.06 or even .308 for a fucking deer is overkill. Unless you plan on hunting bears or Elk, you don't need a big and expensive round.
>>
>>33606245
527 fs in 223 or 7.62x39

I have a 550 fs in 6.5x55 and that things indestructible
>>
>>33606245
I wish these were in double stack 10 round mags
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.