[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the weather is getting warmer her in indiana and the squirrels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_6.png (1MB, 1039x718px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_6.png
1MB, 1039x718px
the weather is getting warmer her in indiana and the squirrels are coming out, i live in a trailer park so using a real gun is out.

co2 or spring?
how many fps do i need to get kill shots?
>>
>>33605483
No reason to kill cute little critters.
>>
>>33605556
found the peta faggit
>>
>>33605562
Still no reason to kill them, no matter what that makes me.
>>
>>33605586
actually plenty of reasons.
no. 1. they're pests
no. 2. they can chew on wired
no. 3. they shit every where
no. 4. the neighborhood cats aren't doing their job
>>
>>33605612
They: fuck up gardens, nest in houses, fuck up shit, chase off birds, steal bird food, etc. Cat squirrels are the niggers of the mammal world. Remove them with extreme prejudice.
>>
>>33605649
i will once i get a good pellet gun
>>
File: AAx2.jpg (413KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
AAx2.jpg
413KB, 1024x576px
>>33605586

no reason? think again.
www.northernredsquirrels.co.uk
But that's in britbongistan.

Across the pond there is still plenty of reason to shoot the buggers. Like >>33605612 said, they also tend to eat the feed meant for other animals.

>>33605664

What's your budget? Can you spring for a $200 gun + glass, or are you looking at a $100 "wallmart special" gun+scope package?

If it's the former, i'd recommend a Walther Terrus (the cheapest springer I feel comfortable recommending to people).

If you have more to spend, you can go for something like a Tx200 (pic related, bottom one), but that's a $700 gun with $400 glass on top of it.

For squirrels you can use a .177, as well as .22, and with .177 i'd recommend H&N baracuda hunter extreme (expensive buggers, but hands down the best .177 hunting pellet on the market right now).
>>
>>33606414
Spring metal bbs drops rabbits if you hit them in the head. Hit one from about 40ish feet in the head on the first shot.

Surprising because I usually suck at aiming
>>
>>33605483

also - forget fps - it's a meaningless stat.

What you want is ENERGY.
If you paid attention at school, kinetic energy is 1/2 mv^2, and the mass of a pellet makes a big difference.
With a .22 at 574 fps (muzzle), you still have 8 foot pounds of energy at 50 yards (enough for rabbit).

In metric units, that's about 175 m/s. Meanwhile, a .177 pellet will have 240 m/s muzzle velocity, but the same muzzle energy, due to being only 8.44 grain pellet (versus a 15.89 grain .22), and lighter pellets will lose energy faster (due to lower inertia), as well as may have problems with overpenetration (and incomplete energy transfer) - that's why I mentioned the baracuda HE - they're great for solving that problem.

Also - don't use co2 - if anything, go and get a pcp (but that's a more expensive option than a springer, and more trouble logistically, although with ~100 shots from a single fill, you'll have more than enough for one outing if you hunt, and for plinking you can have a refill close by).
>>
>>33606439

40 feet is not that far, and it still doesn't say much about the energy of that shot.

And headshots is what you want here, so your max hunting distance is limited by your ability to hit a 1'' killzone.

With my tx200, id stick to 40 yards or less, as I can still nail a kneeling 1'' at that range.
>>
>>33605556
Tree rats are vermin.
>>33605483
Fps I'm not sure, but just aim for their heads if you must kill them so you have the best chance of being humane because you either kill them ded or miss. And missing is preferable to gut shooting them. Any 20 cal pump pellet rifle will be enough if you aim for the head
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.