[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people always harp on about Striker fired pistols being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Why do people always harp on about Striker fired pistols being superior to DA/SA, especially for carry guns?

It seems to me like DA/SA has the upper hand

>DA allows double strike in case you get light primer strike, odds are if you were in a situation you'd at least pull the trigger one or two more times before racking the slide anyways
>DA allows for a longer pull so carrying it off safe is less dangerous, yet first shot switches it to SA for better pull afterwards and allows for a really nice SA trigger on a carry pistol, plus you still have option to carry it in SA
>SA/DA come with actual safeties or decockers most of the time, or you can just not use it because you have the option

Striker fire pros

>Might not get snagged on clothes as easily
>Trigger "safety"
>Better triggers according to some? I've yet to find a striker fire trigger I like better than SA/DA ones

I just don't really see where the striker fire is better. Do they make the gun significantly lighter or something? After shooting various guns and looking into it a bit I just don't get why people say striker is superior so much. If there really are serious advantages that's awesome, I'm just having a hard time figuring out what they are.

Is it just people's preference and getting way too up in arms about it? That seems to be all there really is to it. I'll fully admit most of my preferences for SA/DA seem to be purely due to personal preference other than the safety.
>>
>>33604003
They don't.
Strikerfags are just a very loud (slight) majority.

DA/SA is by far superior, as it provides a much crisper, nicer trigger pull (yes, even in DA) for better accuracy.
>>
>>33604003
you forgot to include how striker fired guns are more susceptible to hydro lock and light primer strikes in general.
>>
>>33604003
Apparently humans are incapable of accurately firing a handgun with two different kinds of trigger pulls without exorbitant training. Oh, and they die all the time from forgetting to turn off their safety while drawing(Bad gun design!) but could never accidentally leave their finger in the trigger guard while reholstering and simultaneously trying to maintain situational awareness under stress(Perfectly fine gun design!) NDing.
>>
>>33604003
The only striker fire I can think of that is actually good is the LC9

you can't go wrong with that and all you need is to just make sure to take it down the range and shoot a few boxes of federal rounds theough it and your good to go.

The only time a round won't go off is because it is a bad round so make sure to just use highly approved ammo.
>>
>>33604003
>hammer sticks out and catches/digs into your side
>very, very few good subcompacts
>manual safeties and long trigger pulls are both shit tier

I like hammers, but they don't make one that i would carry

I would carry
>half cock
>no safety
>subcompact (XDs tier width)
>Spanish carry
And would deal with the hammer potentially getting in the way, but it doesn't exist
>>
>>33604003
As someone who carries DA/SA and shoots it exclusively, I'll point out some things with DA/SA that people generally make a mistake of saying are cons.
>double strike capability
This is absolutely not a reason to advocate hammer fired guns. If a round fails to go off, it's being manually ejected regardless.
>DA allows for a longer pull so carrying it off safe is less dangerous
Not only that, you can thumb the hammer when reholstering and drawing. This makes it impossible for it to accidentally go off
>SA/DA come with actual safeties or decockers most of the time, or you can just not use it because you have the option
This is only CZ's and a few other guns really. If you have a safety model CZ, you use it like a SAO gun. If it's a decocker model, you use it as a DA/SA. There is no in-between unless it has an Omega trigger system.

While I think striker fired is perfectly safe given that you do not fuck around with the internals.
>Might not get snagged on clothes as easily
This is a training issue. If you're snagging your clothing on a draw, you need to work on your technique regardless of what you carry.
>Trigger "safety"
This is a drop safety. Nothing more, nothing less.

With DA/SA, you have a split second to rethink your course of action if you're in the middle of a DA pull and realize what you need to shoot no longer needs to be shot anymore. This has been the case with many police related shootings where suspects suddenly become no-shoots when the officer is beginning to press the trigger. This is the same with DAO and HK LEM.

With a double action gun, you can "prep" the trigger before you're at full extension on the first shot making for a quicker initial shot, something you cannot do with a striker fired or SAO gun.

Most complaints of DA/SA guns are things that can be worked through with practice.
>>
>>33604003
>I just don't really see where the striker fire is better.

The only thing I can think of is not having a hammer to possibly get snagged on shit.

But this is also coming from a guy who has two DA/SA hammer fired pistols and no striker fired at all.
>>
>>33604003
I have one of those German flare launchers. It's post WWII manufacture though.

But damn I would love to have the grenade launching attachment. It's a tube that goes inside and can accept I think small cartridge (can't remember if it was 9mm or larger) - obviously no projectile
>>
>>33605342
>trigger safety is a drop safety
Opinion disregarded
>>
>>33605342
>>SA/DA come with actual safeties or decockers most of the time, or you can just not use it because you have the option
>This is only CZ's and a few other guns really. If you have a safety model CZ, you use it like a SAO gun. If it's a decocker model, you use it as a DA/SA. There is no in-between unless it has an Omega trigger system.

Maybe that's why I specifically said you could have a safety OR a decocker
>>
>>33604266
I'm partial the my FNS 9. I don't know what the general consensus is, but I've never had a problem ~2,000 rounds in
>>
If i had to choose between striker fired "LC9" or a double action/single action "walther ppk" for conceal carry which should I go for?
>>
>>33606577
If you want a reliable 380 pistol then the walther brand is a go to gun for that one and also you are able to pull the trigger without recocking the gun and it won't go off when you put it in your pants.

Now if you want a stiker fire 9mm then the lc9 is generally the most favorable gun for that case considering it is made by ruger and it can reliably shoot moderately high pressure rounds so you can shoot hot loads from it.

Just keep in mind if the round is a dud you will have to rack the slide but if you stick to good ammo then the chance of that dud happening is low and also the trigger is sensitive so you have to be careful but at least it is a good gun to shoot and comfortable too.
>>
File: 1491929604057-162325411.jpg (2MB, 1840x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1491929604057-162325411.jpg
2MB, 1840x3264px
>>33605941
Hello friend
We actually still issue the shits. Mines from 42 and the one i used in the army was from 39
>>
>>33609704
That's actually really surprising they'd keep those around that long. They must have been built really well to last for over 70 years.
>>
>he likes long trigger pulls

Double action is the worst thing to ever happen to guns, people want a CONSISTENT trigger pull
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.