[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weapons in France Frenchfags get in here. I want a weapon (probably

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 19

Weapons in France

Frenchfags get in here.

I want a weapon (probably a G19) to protect my home and family. I'm former military so I already know the technical, but it's super restrictive to get one.

So, how fast is it to get the authorization from scratch? Did you order online? Do you keep it in the vault? What about when on holidays?

Also can I use non-lethal ammos in a 9mm?
>>
>>33596854
You'd be better off moving to a free country.
>>
>>33596854
From what I've read, it only takes a few weeks to get weapons like shotguns and repeating rifles by just joining a shooting club or getting a hunting license. Pistols and proper semi auto rifles require a different license that can take what, a year of sports shooting to acquire?
>>
>>33596921
I made contact with the shooting club, they ask you to come 2 or 3 times before considering you for joining.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 495x595px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 495x595px
>>33596854
Why are you asking an English-language American dominated gun board? I'm positive there are French resources for this.

Just don't go telling anyone you want it for defense. You want to do shooting sports. That's your story.
>>
>>33596964
Yeah that's pretty standard in Europe, it'll probably only take you a month or two to acquire that Category C license which is a lifetime authorization for not scary 'salt weapons or pistols which should be good enough right?
>>
>>33596974
Because I like this place and there could be french users, who knows. Also yes, sports shooting, yes yes *wink wink*

>>33596992
Cat. C weapons are pretty bulky. That's why I want a cat. B (pistols)
>>
>>33596854
Belgian here, I don't really know what the procedures for getting weapons are in France, but I know many belgians go in France to get a weapon license because it's very quick and easy.

>Also can I use non-lethal ammos in a 9mm?
I own a box of training plastic bullets for my glock, but I have no idea about the lethality or non lethality of those
>>
>>33596854
There aren't many Frenchies here, but sometimes one or two comes around. From what I understand is that France is one the less restrictive European countries. They even removed some of the restrictions on guns in "military calibers" recently.

I don't know about using the gun for protection and whether you'll be charged and convicted for using it though. Of course, if you have to really protect your family...we do what must be done.
>>
>>33596854
>I need to know specific things about obtaining a handgun in France
>Better go to an American imageboard

Have you considered doing something crazy like talking to the authorities that you'll be dealing with or going to a Yuro imageboard?
>>
>G19

You won't be cc'ing so get the 17 or 34
>>
>>33596854
Frog here.

>Try to get a FFtir license (emphasis on try, all ranges are full)
>Depending on the range, you're looking at least at 6 months of air rifles, maybe even one year
>Then, if your range doesn't force you another year of .22, you can request a ''carnet de tir'' that will have to be validated three times with a supervised shooting session ( one validation session per quarter)
>Once your carnet is validated three times, (so at least nine months) you can request an authorization to buy a CAT B firearm
>Wait a few (lol) weeks (lol), and then you can ''buy'' a firearm that you will lose the right to own if you miss your quarterly validations or if you don't renew your FFtir license

See? Easy peasy.
>>
>>33596854
>I want a weapon (probably a G19) to protect my home and family.
There you go, denied, and bitchslapped by the préfecture.

Any attempt to buy a gun in France with the intent to keep it at home to use it in self-defense if you're attacked will be considered as unlawful.

You can only get a gun to practice shooting in France.

At home the gun is to be disassembled, stored in at least 2 parts, with ammunition unloaded and separated from the gun, in a gun safe.

If you'd get time to open the safe, assemble the gun, load it, and use it, any judge, any police officer, will tell you you had time to barricade yourself, call the police, or try everything to make the assaillants flee instead of getting ready to kill them. Which turns your "self defense" into an ambush with the intention to kill.
Yes yes, even in your own home against serial killing crackhead djihadis with toddler rape fantasies.

Only if these assaillants disclose a clear motivation to physically harm or kill you or the people under your protection, will you be considered in a legitimate defense situation, where the use of a gun, IF CONFRONTED TO A SIMILAR LETHAL THREAT, is understandable. aka : if they have only baseball bats, you're fucked.

tl;dr : you're fucked anyway. Go get a shooting licence for some shootgun, as well as rubber rounds, if you want something to defend yourself. You can also buy an alarm pistol shooting blanks.

Yes I know, scary. Don't vote the "hon" (Macron Fillon Melanchon Hamon) and you'll be fine.
>>
>>33597906
Oh, also mandatory psych eval.
>>
>>33597914
>Implying Le Pen doesn't want all our guns

We're all fucked whatever the outcome of that shitshow of an election is.
>>
>>33596854
>how fast is it to get the authorization from scratch
We are talking for semi auto here
join a shooting club, most of them will ask you to do a 6 month course with 4.5 air pistols and rifles. If you say you are military most of them will spare you that.
Then you need 3 "signatures" in your shooting logbook, "sessions de tir contrôlées" with at least 2 months between, that's 6 months again. Then you ask your club's president for a green paper "avis favorable" : one or two weeks. At this point your sport shoting license must be valid and signed by a doctor. You bought a safe too because you'll need the bill and maybe photos for the authorization.
gather all the papers needed and send them to the prefect : that's we're things can go crazy : depending on the area you live in you can wait from 3 weeks to one year and a half to get the official authorization to have a B category weapon. Then you can buy what you want (or you can buy before receiving the authorization if the gun shop is ok with that, they will keep the weapon in their safe)

All in all a reasonable delay is around a year if you don't have to do the probationary 6 month air shooting

>Did you order online?
not me, know a large bunch of guys who did, mixed experiences

>Do you keep it in the vault?
always but when you need to clean, check, repair, the weapons. Safes are mandatory for Cat B weapons and ammo. Cat C and D you have to prevent immediate use of the weapon

>What about when on holidays?
stressful the first times, don't tell everyone in town you have weapons, you'll be fine.
I spend a lot of my holidays at my parent's house and I joined the local shooting club : I can transport ammo and secured weapons because that's a legitimate reason.

All 9mm blanks I found around there aren't compatible with semi auto 9x19mm. If you want non lethal buy a shotgun : valid license, signed by the doctor and buy some rubber slugs.
>>
>>33597947
OP here. Ty for your input. I currently work as State employee for one subservice of one préfecture. I don't know if that could help or not with the authorization.

Ok so the thing is, I'll say I *officially* keep my weapon in a safe, alright? But in reality it would be somewhere hidden in bedroom, at the ready. In case of home intrusion, I'll not use it in first intention. Just barricade and call the police. But I prefer to have one as last resort, even for warning shots. I know I would have more problems with using it than without (which is sad).

What are cat. C and D handguns, anyway?
>>
File: IMG_3963.jpg (148KB, 600x693px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3963.jpg
148KB, 600x693px
>>33597943
>America had revolution. So did France
>America had a meme election. So does France
How are we so alike
>>
>>33598152
there are revolvers, think old west and up to the 1900s that are cat D2, no paperwork whatsoever.
You got top break revolvers that shoot 38 S&W or 38 Long colt that will definitely kill people dead
the trick is it's all black powder, meaning you gotta reload, and expect alot of smoke when you shoot
>>
>>33598152
>What are cat. C and D handguns, anyway?

https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/F31877
>>
File: France-USA.jpg (24KB, 389x256px) Image search: [Google]
France-USA.jpg
24KB, 389x256px
>>33598172
>How are we so alike
w-we could be m-more than that america k-kun
*blushes*
>>
Hi. As >>33597947 said, getting a glock will be pretty troublesome.

Be wary though, we have so many restrictions people tend to go paranoid and invent new ones out of thin air. See >>33597914

Read the actual law texts if you want to be sure. Research self defense laws and shit too, so you know what to expect if you have to use your gun. Maybe get a shovel.

To me, having a more compact weapon isn't worth the trouble of dealing with cat. B shenanigans. Mostly, the gun won't really be yours : if you don't renew your shooting licence for a year for whatever reason, you have to sell it.

My advice : get a shooting licence for a year, buy a coach gun, some buckshot and maybe some rubber slugs if that's your thing (not necessarily the best choice for self defense but it doesn't hurt to have the option), and be done with it. Sure it won't be a semi auto with a 20 rounds mag, but any gun is already a lot better than no gun at all and the rest is just a small margin of improvment.

Minimal lenght for a cat D shotgun is 80cm with a 45cm barrel, when shouldered it won't reach all that further than a pistol held with extended arms.
Also storage requirements for cat D and C guns are less strict, the safe isn't mandatory.

Don't bother with cat D handguns, they will be either caps and ball repros or unsafe 100 years old collectibles with unicorn ammo you have to reaload yourself with black powder.
>>
>>33597943
Le Pen est la seule politicienne à avoir une license de tir. Le FN fait partie du groupe Europe des nations et libertés, qui regroupe tous les partis "d'extrême droite" et qui est le seul groupe à avoir voté contre la loi européenne de mars.
>>
>>33596854
move to a country that's not a joke

or pray Le Pen wins and you get decent gun laws
>>
>>33598172
don't forget that France gave us weapons, supplies and helped us win the revolutionary war

French are bro's
>>
File: IMG_0333.jpg (116KB, 912x569px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0333.jpg
116KB, 912x569px
>>33600502
Then why does everyone say they always surrender
>>
I'd rather have a scoped .22 rifle for urban defense than any handgun ever made.
>>
>>33601279
British infiltration antics.
>>
>>33600206
>Be wary though, we have so many restrictions people tend to go paranoid and invent new ones out of thin air. See >>33597914 (You)

Where was I paranoïd ?

About rules of storage for removable gun parts ? It's true.

About self defense using your weapon during a home invasion being unlawful when the judge considers you had other options ? It's true.

About the fact tribunals will fuck your shit up for this ? It's true.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%A9gitime_d%C3%A9fense#France

>Pour agir dans le cadre de la légitime défense des personnes, l'agression contre soi-même ou autrui doit répondre à trois conditions (cumulatives) :

>actuelle : le danger est imminent
>injustifiée : l'agression est interdite – riposter aux forces de police pendant une manifestation par exemple ne peut être considéré comme de la légitime défense
>réelle : l'agression ne doit pas être putative (la jurisprudence admet cependant que des éléments trompeurs peuvent justifier une légitime défense putative).

>En outre, la défense doit répondre à trois critères (cumulatifs également) :

>nécessaire : il n'y a aucun autre moyen de se soustraire au danger ;
>simultanée : la réaction doit être immédiate, par exemple : on ne doit pas agir par vengeance ou dans le but de stopper l'agresseur en fuite ;
>proportionnée à l'agression : il ne doit pas y avoir d'excès dans la riposte.

How do you achieve NECESSARY, SIMULTANEOUS and PROPORTIONAL self defense using a weapon you have to retrieve from a safe AND reassemble THEN load ??????

Explain that to me Einstein. Are you the flash or superman ?

also this >>33600480
talk about being paranoid...
>m-muh Lepen will take our guns

http://www.leparisien.fr/election-presidentielle-2012/l-oeil-du-pro-sur-le-357-magnum-de-marine-le-pen-06-01-2012-1799747.php

https://www.chassons.com/marine-le-pen/#
>>
>>33598172
Why does the French soldier carry more
>>
File: 222-B.jpg (26KB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
222-B.jpg
26KB, 288x216px
Amerifag here
i thought you guys were okay for black powder firearms? If so maybe a reproduction Remington 1858 NMA revolver. Pro tip have a bunch of preloaded cylinders so you can reload like Clint Eastwood. 8 inch barrel and pointed bullets for better ballistics. All Hypothetical of course
as this was a fun and interesting thought experiment....
>>
>>33603205
samefag oh also make sure its .44 Caliber
none of this .36 weak shit. Hypothetically....
>>
>>33602822
because the illustrator didn't knew what the american rucksack looked like ?
No wikipedia back then...
>>
>>33596854
Whatever happened to that French Anon who found the Mas 36 and K98 in his grandfather's attic?
>>
>>33603489
I remember the one who had an old French firearm catalog
>>
File: 1480334521746.png (4MB, 830x2416px) Image search: [Google]
1480334521746.png
4MB, 830x2416px
>>33596854
how to find guns in france without any license:

-flee market, go early and get hunting rifle

-leboncoin: find weapon displays (vitrines, rateliers) and ask the seller if he still has them.

Advantage of hunting rifles in France is that it's fairly common and police/gendarmerie wont go mad if they find it at your home (unless your on a watchlist, obviously). You can still pretend its belonged to a dead relative. You can find ammo from hunters, they are often greedy enough to sell you some. or try marché.org and other low-tier sites.
>>
>>33603205
This. They're cheap, don't require a license, pack one hell of a punch, having preloaded cylinders will make reloading very fast (for a BP gun...) and they're technically not a firearm, so if you use it and go to court, "look Mr Judge, I didn't have a firearm, I only used what I had on hand :^) "

... because self defence in France has to be immediate, and weapons have to be unloaded and the magazine both empty and stored away from the gun, so if you use a Cat. B, C or D firearm, that makes your self defence act not immediate, and thus illegal. On the other hand, there are no rules on how to keep an antique reproduction that you use for "historical hobbies".

PS : Le Pen is full of shit, she's already confirmed that she won't be leaving the EU or eurozone, and her talk about gun laws is half assed and will probably get shitcanned for more gun-unrelated legislation. And that is, if the National Assembly and Senate let her do anything to begin with.
>>
>>33596854
move to a less cucked country. your country doesnt believe you have the right to protect your home and family, why do you stay?
>>
>>33597162
>>33597162
>I know many belgians go in France to get a weapon license because it's very quick and easy.
thats also where they use them too. with their trucks
>>
>>33596854
>Weapons in France
>Frenchfags get in here.
>I want a weapon (probably a G19) to protect my home and family. I'm former military so I already know the technical, but it's super restrictive to get one.
>So, how fast is it to get the authorization from scratch? Did you order online? Do you keep it in the vault? What about when on holidays?

Easy

join fftir ( excellent ranges) and do six moths probation period and play with bp revolvers and get a signature from your doctor
>>
>>33597906
>33597906
jesus, i thought i had it bad here in california paying $25 for a background check and waiting 10 days. fuck that shit, move. come here to america
>>
>>33596854

No

you sound like a bit of a nogunz
>>
Shut up and export all of your Korths you aren't using them anyway!
>>
>>33606266
You can't always run away from your problems. Maybe he doesn't want to leave. Maybe he wants to fix his country
>>
File: THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE 2.jpg (111KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE 2.jpg
111KB, 1600x900px
>>33596854

en cas d'intrusion: se barricader et appeler la police, ca marche pas. Les agresseurs sont deja entrés et la porte de votre planque (Ikea n'est pas tordjmann) ne résistera pas longtemps. De plus, il y a des chances qu'en s'attaquant à une maison habitée, il en veuillent à VOUS (comptes, objets de valeurs, voir vengeance simplement) et pas à votre télé à 400eur. Les flics: vous aurez peut etre pas le temps de les appeler, Ahmed est déja au bout du couloir. Par contre ils seront là aprés pour vous coffrer et donner à Ahmed la médaille de la diversité. La solution: laisser entrer, puis flinguer. Pas à l'extérieur, y a toujours un voisin qui aime appeler les flics, ou qui est jaloux de votre piscine. ET SURTOUT DE N'APPELER JAMAIS PERSONNE ! Et rien ne doit être trouvé. En france on a 17 millions d'hectares de foret, il faut donner un peu d'engrais à mère-nature.
>>
>>33606266
>move to a less cucked country. your country doesnt believe you have the right to protect your home and family, why do you stay?

actually you are wrong french cat 4 is for defense and fully covered and allowed

new hooter needs a six month probabtion in an fftir club, a quick test on safe handling and a note from a doc saying they are not nuts howver before that and in that probabtion period he can buy easily a 22, bp revolver (walk in) they allow all misurp under d2 k31s etc and a crappy clock is no bother unless he is a tool

French can for instance shoot anyone after dark in their home no bother.

However it is a good system, the fftir vet cops in exactly the same way and weed out loons
>>
>>33597914
im actually surprised the french police didnt shoot the fleeing civilians from the bataclan for refusing to stop and negotiate with the terrorists, and apologize for being infidels
>>
http://www.fftir.org/fr/accueil

start here

get a bp handgun and a 22 and have fun and do your six month probation unless you are a tool you'll get your crappy glock
>>
>>33606344
>im actually surprised the french police didnt shoot the fleeing civilians from the bataclan for refusing to stop and negotiate with the terrorists, and apologize for being infidels

fremch have more easy gun laws than half the usa anon

truth, used shoot there, the fftir is great, state subsidized ranges and sells cheap ammo everything except full auto is no bother

if you can't get a gun in france it means you are either retarded or a psych ward case
>>
oldgunz
http://www.fftir.org/fr/armes_anciennes_mlaic_

speed shooting

http://www.fftir.org/fr/tir_sportif_de_vitesse

milsurp
http://www.fftir.org/fr/tir_aux_armes_reglementaires

etc etc
>>
silhouette

http://www.fftir.org/fr/silhouettes_metalliques

lot of wildcatters do that

they run coureses on reloading etc
http://www.fftir.org/fr/silhouettes_metalliques

state subsidized milsuro competition is the tarn league , cheap ammo and east gun laws

moving target, you name it

ranges are amazing only creedmore and bisley rival the average fftir club, they usually have a comfy bar to
>>
>>33597947
>>33606197
>>33606197
>this is an acceptable way to live for people in a country that has a national motto of "Liberté, égalité, fraternité"

liberte my ass, you faggots are living under the iron curtain of socialism. nut up and join the meme wars and convert your country back to how it was in the old days
>>
File: IMG_3957.jpg (66KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3957.jpg
66KB, 500x363px
>>33606426
>meme wars
What a time to be alive. What would people from the past think of us.
https://youtu.be/ohxDM9eGu6Q
>>
https://www.armurerie-lavaux.com/Armes-categorie-B/Armes-de-poing-Categorie-B/Pistolets-GLOCK/

sold anywhere in mainland france

just join the fftir op and stop being a retard with your non lethal 9mm
>>
>>33606337
oh excuse moi, le category 4 is for defense and fully covered. and how many hoops do you have to jump through to get a "cat 4"? because here in america, if you aren't a criminal, you can go into the gun store, pass the background criminal history check, and walk out with your gun the same day. and use it for self defense. except in like 3 cuck states, where you have to wait 3-10 days to pick it up.

how much money do you have to spend to join clubs and get approvals and all this other bullshit just to be able to apply for some fucking license to perhaps own a gun?
>>
>>33606426
>liberte my ass, you faggots are living under the iron curtain of socialism.

but they have better gun laws than the usa

only nogunz or morons think different because they are stopid

shot in france for years
>>
File: 1486342718480.jpg (1MB, 1800x1425px) Image search: [Google]
1486342718480.jpg
1MB, 1800x1425px
>>33606337
>>33606362
>>33606435
>>
>>33606445
>but they have better gun laws than the usa
>>33606445
no, they fucking dont
>>
>>33606443
>oh excuse moi, le category 4 is for defense and fully covered. and how many hoops do you have to jump through to get a "cat 4"? because here in america, if you aren't a criminal, you can go into the gun store, pass the background criminal history check, and walk out with your gun the same day. and use it for self defense. except in like 3 cuck states, where you have to wait 3-10 days to pick it up.
>how much money do you have to spend to join clubs and get approvals and all this other bullshit just to be able to apply for some fucking license to perhaps own a gun?

FFTIR is fucking excellent and i you want ccw in the US you have to do a dumbass course, fill in your registration wait for your bacground check etc

When you join the FFTIR you get subsidized ammo, free insurance amazing ranges. Yes they check you are not a fucking numpty, which you do seem to be, Numpty nogunz chrying because he has to write his name on a form and register a glock, newflash genius you have to do that is in the USA to but you don;t get the cheap ammo or good ranges with bars and free barbacues
>>
>>33606456
>>>33606445 (You)
>>but they have better gun laws than the usa
>>>33606445 (You)
>no, they fucking dont

Actually they do. And as a result you can shoot anything you want

One of the fe limitations is if you shoot modern artillery in which case you have to store the beech block of your 155mm howtzer in a cop shop. That is about as bad as it gets, D2 which includes the likes of nuggets and k31s and mausers simple.

This thread is full of retards.
>>
AND THEY DON'T HAVE ANY BAN ON ASSAULT RIFLES

https://www.armurerie-lavaux.com/Armes-categorie-B/Les-armes-de-Categorie-B/Fusils-d-assaults-type-AK47-SKS-COLT-MOLOT-CUGIR-ZASTAVA-USM1/
>>
File: snakeM9.jpg (109KB, 650x850px) Image search: [Google]
snakeM9.jpg
109KB, 650x850px
>non-lethal ammos
There is no such thing. Even a (poorly-placed) airsoft BB could theoretically kill you. Always shoot to kill, always use real ammo, don't be a faggot. You will probably be stuck with a 9x21 IMI-chambered Glock 19 because France and Italy are fucking retarded (unless they changed that law recently).

>>33606445
Only if your definition of "better gun laws" is restrictive ridiculous bullshit. In most of the EU (including France and Bongland) you have no right to self-defense, especially lethal self-defense. You're not a "citizen," just a worthless, expendable subject of the government.
>>
HERE BUY A THOMPSON

https://www.armurerie-lavaux.com/Armes-categorie-B/Les-armes-de-Categorie-B/Carabines-THOMPSON/
>>
>>33606476
>>33606476

you are the only fucking retard in here dude. you can own and shoot anything in america in almost every state. in every state, you can own a rifle shotgun or handgun without fucking months of permit applications and clubs to join

in most of america you can carry a pistol legally with you concealed for self defense

in 14 states you dont need any permit or paperwork to carry a pistol anywhere you go

i can go to my local sporting goods store tomorrow and buy a nugget for $189 and it would take me 30 minutes max to do the paperwork and take it home

nobody from the government comes to inspect shit

i dont have to renew my nugget permit every year

i can use it for self defense with bayonet attached if anyone breaks into my house without question

stop being a tool. your country keeps tabs on every fucking gun and owner location

remember what happened when the nazis steamrolled your asses in 1940? yeah the complicit french cucks handed over all gun license papers to the gestapo who then went around the country rounding up all the guns

you guys are a joke to individual liberty and equality
>>
>>33606491
>Only if your definition of "better gun laws" is restrictive ridiculous bullshit. In most of the EU (including France and Bongland) you have no right to self-defense, especially lethal self-defense. You're not a "citizen," just a worthless, expendable subject of the government.

france has very good gun laws unlike most of the eu except the czechs

the uk is fucked but that has nothing to do with france the uk did that to itself
>>
>>33606488
theres like 4 states out of 50 in america that ban them, and there are ways around the ban in every state that has one

>>33606488
>>33606488
how long does it take to get "permission" to buy an 'assault rifle' ? how much money?
>>
>>33606498
yeah we can buy shitty auto ordnance semi auto thompsons at walmart

in most states we can buy the real thing
https://youtu.be/wprSeJus7U4

can you own tanks?
https://youtu.be/Ky0BA4mowOg
>>
>>33606507
bullshit in commiefornia and NY they would dream to be allowed to hav the gunz you can get in france no bother

None of you have a fucking clue what you are talking about. You still have to do background checks on handguns (same in france) and in 30 states plus bullshit ccw corses you have crappy ranges that overcharge because mug insurace where as the ranges in france are relatively cheap because the fftir is their equivalent of the nra and has an insurance deal.

Why because the ffit have power over the cops because they also cert them for fitness to carry a handgun

stop larping bullshit artists
>>
>>33606280
Hehehe cheeky cunt but remember France is main responsible for having so many north-africans in Europe so it's only karma
>>
>>33606532
you picked the 2 most cucked states in america as examples, and even in those states you can buy and own the same shit, they just have to look different to comply with the law.

im sure france has better gun laws than most of europe, definitely the ukucks. but you have got to be kidding if you think there is more gun freedom in france than usa
>>
>>33606520
>how long does it take to get "permission" to buy an 'assault rifle' ? how much money?

Basically for all guns your need a signature for a doc and 6 months membership of the FFIR. Anything above a milsurp 22 or BP you have to register which is free

They even provide reloading gear for free at the fftir ranges

why believe me, I only shit there for 5 years.

At at the range I shit everything from ARs, AKs, .44 mags, glocks, 911s, cannon (yes really)

The best is the TARN it is fucking fantastic, a state sponsored competition for enfields, nuggets, mausers or any issued service rifle in original cal.
>>
>>33606532
>>33606532
also california has castle doctrine, which means you have no duty to flee and are free to use deadly force if someone has broken into your home
>>
>>33606550
so do you get to take your glock home with you after shooting, load up 17 rounds of hollowpoints, and keep it on your bedside table for self defense?
>>
>>33606544
>you think there is more gun freedom in france than usa

But there is because states like NY and commiefornia exist sorry but there you have it.

You don;t have to move to a special par of france to own a glock and an ak

When they win is the ranges which are fucking spectacular and all paid for by the state
>>
>>33606550
>The best is the TARN it is fucking fantastic, a state sponsored competition for enfields, nuggets, mausers or any issued service rifle in original cal.
sounds fun anon, i like competitions. i see where you get your enthusiasm for french gun laws from but you can do all of that in america and more, with way less restrictions
>>
>>33606557
>so do you get to take your glock home with you after shooting, load up 17 rounds of hollowpoints, and keep it on your bedside table for self defense?

Yes and you are specifically allowed shoot the fuck out of anyone who tries to break in
>>
>>33606564
>. i see where you get your enthusiasm for french gun laws from but you can do all of that in america and more, with way less restrictions

The ranges, universal insurance, subsided ammo sold at them, cool competitions and barbacues, subsided bars (yes really even the booze is cheap at FFIT ranges) for me give the frogs the edge. Its a great country for shooters. Nothing like the UK
>>
File: IMG_2523.jpg (485KB, 700x670px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2523.jpg
485KB, 700x670px
>>33606544
Have you ever lived in France. Why do you think you know more about their laws than someone from there. And quit reeeing. I'm trying to learn some shit in this thread
>>
>>33606564
>you can do all of that in america and more, with way less restrictions

debatable depends on the state and you still have to do background check paperwork

silencers are also an over the counter sale in france
>>
>>33606562
I live in commifornia and you can legally own most assault weapons as long as you make them look retarded first

unfortunately they have made magazines larger than 10 rounds illegal to own this year, but surely that law will get struck down with lawsuits now that we have a conservative supreme court majority
>>
>>33606594
because the dude just explained the 6 months of interviews and applications required just to own a gun, did you even read the thread?
>>
>>33606595
>silencers are also an over the counter sale in france
thats pretty nice, but whats teh point if its not legal to shoot on your own land? is it legal to shoot on your land if you have the room and appropriate backstops?
>>
>>33606594
>than someone from there

Not from there but owned a few houses there and loved the shooting and was an FFIR member and owned lots of guns there

Had an FR2 and a 44mag, cz75 an ak and a 22

I could have owned a .338 or a 50 but to fucking expensive to shoot much

I got big into reloading and vintage long range BP but because it was less papaerwork but because i like it
>>
>>33606607
Yes but the arguments are always distracting.
>>
>>33606607
>of interviews

No interview and most gunstores sell you the FFIR membership when you join, no per gun lic fee or crap like that. You have to declare handgunz to the state same as the US unless they are BP or old (like 1890) same as the US
>>
You do have a one of initial six month wait.

After that there is no witing time. You lads following me

You do need a one off doctors signature.

I'm for that. People on meds should not be tooled up, but no fee because the doctors are all fucking free to no exam, here doc sign this ok done
>>
I'd say the only diference is in the US handguns are declared by form where in France all centrefires are declared by form. Thats about it

Unless you are a spastic you can shoot whatever you want in france.

Its probably the most gunz country in europe aside from the cxechs
>>
>>33597914
>At home the gun is to be disassembled, stored in at least 2 parts, with ammunition unloaded and separated from the gun, in a gun safe.

I don't know for France but in Belgium those rules only apply if you're not in the home, if you're at home you're free to carry the weapon loaded on your hip if you wish. Anyway in case of self defense you could just claim you had trouble sleeping and started cleaning your gun when Achmed broke in, explaining why you had quick access to your weapon
>>
Here buy a glock

http://www.armurerie-pascal.com/130_glock
>>
>>33606654
France actually have a cat 4 which means you are not buying it for sport but solely for defence.

Even heard one case of a guy talking to a cop after he was burgled, cop told him to buy a shotgun if he was worried.

French law is different. Hilariously enough you basically get a free pass if you shoot someone after dark in your home. Do it duting the day and it will be same as US (e.g no wasting traveling salesmen because you were bored, cops will look at what happened )
>>
>>33606654
actually the green text is bullshit, you don't need to disasemble your gun if you have a gun safe

and you can have full mags in your safe if it's not in your gun, it's ok
>>
Also knew an old french granny who used to keep a loaded side by side under her bed.

Almost zero burglary in rural france because of their home defense gun laws.

Booby trapping with explosives is illegal. One case when I was there was this old boy got sick of local kids robbing from his sheds. So he filled a stereo with BP and primers on a tilt switch and got done for murder.
>>
>>33606671
>French law is different. Hilariously enough you basically get a free pass if you shoot someone after dark in your home. Do it duting the day and it will be same as US (e.g no wasting traveling salesmen because you were bored, cops will look at what happened )

it need to be an imminent danger and you need to have a proportional response, it's made so in most of the case you're fucked and go to jail
>>
>>33606679
>actually the green text is bullshit, you don't need to disasemble your gun if you have a gun safe
>and you can have full mags in your safe if it's not in your gun, it's ok

Untrue

If it is declared as a cat 4 you can have it hanging over the door and I actually knew one isiot who kept a 6.35 /25 and a 12 gague pump on display on his wall beside his front door loaded and he was in constant trouble with the cops because he was a violent drunk fuck who kept starting bar fights (he worked in an abatoir and got me cheap steak) and the cops never blinked at his gunz
>>
>>33606651
In the US you go to a gun shop and buy whatever you want after a 20 minutes background check.
In France you need to join a shooting club, get a shooting license, get it stamped by a doctor, wait 6 months, undergo three controlled shooting sessions (one every two months in a year), ask for your club and the French shooting fedaration's approval, then sent all of that shit to the prefect, alongside a proof of residency, birth certificate and a load of administrative bullshit, then you wait for them to get back to you (from a few months to a full year depending on the region) and finally you've got your authorization to buy a categeroy B gun, which is valid only three months. Once you've bought it you'll have to redo all of that shit every 5 years because the gun is never really yours, you have to renew your license and get it stamped by a doctor every year, and you need your 3 controlled shooting sessions every year, otherwise the gun will be taken away from you. The prefect can refuse to give or renew an authorization without any reason, and there is no recourse, and under the state of emergency, he can confiscate every gun from any person without any reason, and again there is no recourse.

Sure is like the US, fucktard.
>>
>>33606705
>>French law is different. Hilariously enough you basically get a free pass if you shoot someone after dark in your home. Do it duting the day and it will be same as US (e.g no wasting traveling salesmen because you were bored, cops will look at what happened )
>it need to be an imminent danger and you need to have a proportional response, it's made so in most of the case you're fucked and go to jail

You have a prertty strong right to shoot anyone who enters your home in france while you are there unless you invited them or they had reasonable ground to believe they had your permission. Thing is because of these laws burgalry is almost nil in the countryside
>>
>>33606671
>>33606711
Category 4 doesn't exist anymore.
The misinformation from nogunz in this thread is astounding. You people need to shut the fuck up.
>>
File: Gun-registration-map.jpg (33KB, 450x322px) Image search: [Google]
Gun-registration-map.jpg
33KB, 450x322px
>>33606624
yeah thats nice but again you are just making shit up for the US

handguns are not registered in the vast majority of states. in almost every state, there is no record of your gun ownership. just the most "progressive" states of california and new york require that cuckoldry
>>
File: French gun laws explained (2015).png (259KB, 632x2705px) Image search: [Google]
French gun laws explained (2015).png
259KB, 632x2705px
Too many idiots spouting bullshit infos here.
>>
>>33606769>>33606624
>>33606624

i just want to say i appreciate all the information you gave, it really did open my eyes a bit. didnt realize france was so permissive with certain things. but i still think USA gun laws have more liberty
>>
>>33606743
That's good news.
>>
>>33606769
>Firearm owners and all the guns they own are listed in a government file named AGRIPPA

well looks like things havent progressed past the nazi controlled vichy regime
>>
>>33606337
>>33606362
>>33606457
>>33606445
>>33606532
>>33606550
>>33606624
>>33606711
>>33606743

For everyone's information, that faggot is full of shit and every single thing he said is wrong. I don't know what he is trying to achieve here.
>>
>>33606769
>
>yearly visit to the doctor required for handgun ownership

what if the doctor is an antigun liberal faggot?

you see the problems with letting these little people have access to your freedom? no thanks, ill stay in america where theres a system of checks and balances and some rogue antigunner cant deny my self defense at the stroke of a pen
>>
File: 1478146137577.jpg (304KB, 700x932px) Image search: [Google]
1478146137577.jpg
304KB, 700x932px
>>33606805
Yes US as a whole is more liberal with guns than France, because for you its a constitutional right and not for us.

It seems it's far more easier to get a handgun for you, than here it's literally administrative hell. Too bad because a handgun is the best tool to protect your house/family as a last resort, unlike a bulky rifle.
>>
>>33606805
Dude, did you even bother to read my picture? The other guy you're replying to is full of shit. He is trying to make it look like France is a paradise of gun rights even though we have some of the worst gun control in the world.
>>
>>33606916
>>33606898
yeah i read it. its bad, but not as bad as the other euro countries from what ive seen. you could be england, still ruled by monarchy and have zero gun rights...just keep fighting and voting for your rights. i am helping you guys on reddit and twitter and facebook to elect le pen. do you part in the meme war to shape public opinion anon
>>
>>33606736
>under the state of emergency

>>33606736
>Sure is like the US, fucktard.

Your a fucking moron. You are citing crap you ahve read, in fact having actually been a shooter in Frace I can tell you that there are no delays and it is pertty easy.

I do genuinely think people like you are fucktards though. You google somethink and think it is knowledge instead of actually listening to someone who knows first hand.

Hopefully you will blow you hand off with a similar approach to reloading data one day.

I take it you are representative of generation retarded who like to google things and pretend it is knowledge and then call people who know what they are talking about retarded?

Your're re also deceitful. There is a waiting period in the US. You cannot leave with your goods. Then again you are probably nogunz anyway.

Its not a competition between the US and France. France has pretty good gun laws. Tell me about how you get a silencer in the US again?

There is one control a year and it is only for handguns for defense and guess what genius - the cops have to do it to. Maybe you should have a similar arrangement for US cops, more of whom are shot bya accidental discharges and each other than are shot by criminals yearly.

Always good for a laugh.
>>
>>33606816
>For everyone's information, that faggot is full of shit and every single thing he said is wrong. I don't know what he is trying to achieve here.

I shot in france for years. Why believe me huh.

I'll leave you millenials to fap to each other based on google searches and fuck all knowledge.
>>
>>33606969
>>33606976
Fuck off you troll
>>
>>33596854
Just buy an used AK from Mohammed. No paperwork, no trouble, no nothing. And should you want to go postal one day, just shout Aloha Snackbar while shooting up people. You'll went your anger and you'll make Muslims look bad. Deux pierres d'un coup!
>>
>>33606969
>>33606976
Parce que je suis français, sombre connard, que je suis tireur sportif depuis plus de 10 ans, et que je possède près de 30 armes dans toutes les catégories. J'ai encore fait tout le processus récemment pour des autorisations de catégorie B.
La vraie question c'est, sachant que tu sais pertinemment que tu ne raconte que de la merde, quel est ton but à venir mentir ici dans ton anglais niveau école primaire ?
>>
>>33607062
not the anon you are talking to but

[spoiler]il faut toujours 4 mois d'avance pour les putain de CatB ?[/spoiler]

i fucking hate filling papers
>>
>>33596863
Like Poland or Czech Republic.
>>
>>33606989
PROTIP : if your illegal AK have its ID numbers scratched, then it's a legit snackbar brand snackbar AK, if the numbers ID are left alone and clearly visible, it's a weapon brought by DGSE for "FSA" in syria

source, custom Officer who recently got to inspect a police captured AK in marseille
>>
>>33607104
4 mois d'avance par rapport à quoi ?
Il faut 6 mois dans un club de tir avant de pouvoir demander tes premières autos, ensuite la période d'attente pour que la préfecture te les envoies peut aller d'un mois à un an selon la région. Et pour le renouvellement, tu dois envoyer les papiers trois mois avant la date de fin de l'autorisation.
>>
>>33607128
>Et pour le renouvellement, tu dois envoyer les papiers trois mois avant la date de fin de l'autorisation.

c'est ce que je voulais savoir lol, j'avais entendu parler de 4 mois pour le renouvellement mais c'était quand les catégorie était définie par des chiffre alors je pensait que sa avait changé depuis le temps
>>
>>33597906
Damn, I was lucky then. First range next to my home accepted me and I got my license in under 2 weeks. First time I came they were like "yeah, bring whatever you want, we don't really give a fuck". They even lend .22 revolvers and pistols for free, and the second time I came they asked me if I wanted to start my carnet de tir !
>>
>>33607125
>if the numbers ID are left alone and clearly visible, it's a weapon brought by DGSE for "FSA" in syria
You mean like the ones that guy from Belgium had sold to the terrorists of Charlie Hebdo (who would notice that two AKs are missing)?
>>
>>33606299
That is my intention to do so.

Unfortunately, you guys don't make visas for independent contractors, and I don't have the money right now to afford immigration counsel.
>>
>>33607294
I don't know if your range is the best or the shadiest range I've ever heard of.

Nah screw it. It's the best.
>>
>>33606769
What is "ball trap", sounds pretty gay.
>>
>>33607929
Skeet.
>>
>>33606749
I can tell you right now that this map is not accurate.

Pennsylvania, for example, enforces de facto registration of all handguns by the state police in direct and flagrant violation of the state constitution
>>
>>33596854
>non-lethal ammos in a 9mm?

9mm is itself non-lethal
>>
>>33608253
>9mm is itself non-lethal

Shoot yourself with a 9mm on a livestream to prove you're not a pussy or gtfo
>>
File: Remington revolvers.jpg (352KB, 792x594px) Image search: [Google]
Remington revolvers.jpg
352KB, 792x594px
>>33603205
Actually, I've read several BP shooters saying round balls to be more accurate than pointed bullets, because the twist rate in those Italian replicas is not high enough and the grooves are too deep.

>>33603224
The .36 may be weak by today's standards, but it was used as a man stopper back in the days (.44 was more of the horse stopper).
>>
>>33606337
> french cat 4 is for defense and fully covered and allowed
Cat. 4 doesn't exist anymore and it never actually allowed self-defense with firearms.

>>33606457
>implying 'Shall-issue' CCW is a thing in France
What the hell ?
>>
>>33606816
this.
>>33606976
>I shot in france for years. Why believe me huh.
BECAUSE THE FRENCH GUN LAWS CHANGED 22 TIMES IN 20 YEARS BETWEEN 1995 AND 2005.
THAT'S WHY.
Categories aren't numbers anymore, but letters, for starters.

>>33607062
Meeeeerci.
>>
>>33609894
1985* sorry raging typo
>>
>>33606849
You go to another doctor.
I got the licence for 3 years, went to 3 different doctors, didn't have a problem. Two signed without raising an eyebrow, one was a bit surprised to learn we could actually own guns as civilians but signed anyay.

You have to understand that, contrary to the US, we don't really have militant anti gunners because we have so few gun owners in the first places. Most people don't know we exist, they are vaguely anti gun by default but they don't really give a shit. Guns don't come up often in the media.

Still a lot of hunters compared to other european countries, but I've never seen anyone try to take their shotguns.
>>
>>33610702
>You have to understand that, contrary to the US, we don't really have militant anti gunners because we have so few gun owners in the first places. Most people don't know we exist, they are vaguely anti gun by default but they don't really give a shit. Guns don't come up often in the media.
This is true. We don't have anti gun militants. However there are strong antigun activists in the parliament and governement. Bruno Le Roux for example is the biggest piece of shit you can think of. He's the one behind the will Ex interior minister and now first minister Bernard Cazeneuve shown in passing european laws restricting gun owners rights.

But yeah, no antigun movement per se right now.

However, fifteen years ago or so, there was a tiny french anti gunners movement that tried to gain credibility in the wake of what happened at Columbine in the US, and the US antigun movement that followed and grew from there.

I remember hearing one of these faggots on France Inter radio, which already was a raging liberal leftists shithole anyway.

Well long story short the antigunner dude promoting his antifun association or whatever spew absolute bullshit for 30 minutes. Like "gun shows are illegal in France yet they happen with the complicity of the police and racist organisations". Or the famous "22 milimeters Long Rifle that can shoot down a jet airliner"...

It went this way until french shooters began to call the radio, telling the antifun clown on air to shut the fuck up, while spoon feeding the journalists with legal texts, to the point the faggot was absolutely buttflustered and went full autism talking about Afghanistan or some shit totally irrelevant to french gun laws and culture.

It was absolutely priceless.
There were even some articles in the french gun press about this.
>>
>>33596921
There is little difficulty joining a club. I heard in some regions where they are rare it might be harder, but around Paris it is a matter of going there and having a first non-commital lesson. It takes however a bit longer than that, as you have to qualify to three tests and the tests must be at least three months appart, before being allowed to buy a Cat B weapon, if you want a pistol. So while it demands a modicum of commitment, it is hardly an effort if you enjoy shooting. If you're around Paris, the shooting range of Versailles is 100% worth the distance to go there.

>>33596974
There are more than a few frogs lurking around, mate.
>>
>>33607294
where is the range you talk about?
>>
any frenchbro here had bought handgun on tor blackmarket ? did it worked ? any advice?
>>
File: Charlemagne_Division_SOldiers.jpg (47KB, 300x419px) Image search: [Google]
Charlemagne_Division_SOldiers.jpg
47KB, 300x419px
There wouldn't be any need for worrying about home defense had the Axis won the war. Pic related were the true French patriots.
>>
File: IMG_3937.jpg (104KB, 720x616px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3937.jpg
104KB, 720x616px
>>33612852
>join the country that killed 100,000 of your fellow soldiers
>murdered entire villages because they assume they were resistance
Wehraboos need to leave
>>
>>33615580
Bump
Thread posts: 138
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.