[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*blocks your path* whats the best knife & sword company

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

*blocks your path*

whats the best knife & sword company out there?

are cold steel knives & swords really that good? to me they look amazing from these videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7dS8YWqymo
>>
Albion.
>>
>>33592663
Most of their swords might just be lawnmower blades with handles, but their knives are pretty nice for their price.
>>
*sigh*
>>
>cold steel products look good
>i mean, look how good they do in Cold Steel commercials
>>
>>33592663
No, their knives are overpriced shit. I wish I knew a good knife brand to tell you, but I'm still looking for one myself.
>>
>>33592724
well i bought their kukri and its been cutting through everything!!
>>
If you want swords, watch Skallagrim on youtube - he's done a few guides to sword buying.

>>33592724
I've always had good experience with Buck knives. They're fantastic work knives for a garage and they're good for hunting. They also hold an edge against anything, but it's a bitch to sharpen them. You need a vice and a good file.
>>
>>33592663
>whats the best knife & sword company out there?

JJ Runkel or Osborn of Birmingham or Robert Mole and Sons or Wilkinson, Johan Salter, the works at Klingenthal, St. Etienne and of course
Weyersberg, Kirschbaum & Co.

Before 1918 of course.

Who is these 'cold steel' ?

There were none at Waterloo, or Verdun or Sedan or in the Crimea?

They make toys not swords
>>
>>33592958
Any knife company that comes with good serrations?
>>
>>33592663

It depends what you're looking for honestly. I will say that CRKT has excellent customer service. I broke the pocket clip on my folder and they sent me another one free with no questions asked even though I bought it off amazon.
>>
Supposedly Benchmade are the best pocket knives you can get. But they are high dollar blades.

Although my grampa is the one who told me this and he usually buys over priced garbage
>>
>>33594208
>>33594208
CRKT
"Veff" serrations
>>
>>33594070
dunno mate
all those old boys would have creamed their pants over modern steel production
>>
>>33592663
Albion
>>
File: P1010283.jpg (170KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
P1010283.jpg
170KB, 1024x768px
>>33592663
The best mass produced swords are definitely Albion. You get what you pay for with them though, they cost shitton but they handle like historical examples and are nigh-indestructible.

Steer clear of Cold Steel. They're historically inaccurate, weigh far too much and often are poorly fitted. They rattle so much you could use them in a Brazillian rhythm section.
>>
>>33596168
Ah a witcher.
Hide you women.
>>
>>33592663
Not gonna lie. CS created simple but very successful marketing campaign.
>>
File: FRANKA.jpg (224KB, 664x1000px) Image search: [Google]
FRANKA.jpg
224KB, 664x1000px
Bud K
>>
>>33592663
Their swords are club-like jokes
Albion make good but overpriced machined swords
Smaller European smiths make handmade swords fairly cheap and of good quality
I generally use Regenyei swords for HEMA and they are very good.
>>
File: IMG_0879.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0879.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>33592663
I have non of their swords, but the general consensus is they are not good, either balanced like a crow bar or rattly hilts. Better off with Hanwei, Ronin, Cheness, and Lutel in that price range.

I own a lot of their knives and machetes though. Their machetes need a bit of work out of box, sharpening and such, but after that they are great long lasting tools.

For thier knives, avoid the 4116 steel, everything else is great. Fit and finish is not their strong suit, but at street value, they make some of the best utilititarian knives for the money. Their folders in particular are really good work knives. I've got a code4 in my pocket right now.

They are not the best of companies though. Their advertising is obnoxious, and their legal team is really aggressive.

All in all, they are one of my favorite companies, with Spyderco and ZT
>>
File: IMG_1109.jpg (902KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1109.jpg
902KB, 2048x1536px
>>33594748
Kek no... they are honestly over priced, and have had quality control issues recently. Spyderco is much better value, Zero Tolerance makes generally better stuff but more expensive.

Benchmade is a medium/high end production company... for the "best" you have to dish out a lot more money than that, most high end production / enters level mid techs and costume, start at around $400-$600
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.