[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm tired of Americans on this board thinking they are "gods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 34

File: _20170409_210151.jpg (152KB, 1064x706px) Image search: [Google]
_20170409_210151.jpg
152KB, 1064x706px
I'm tired of Americans on this board thinking they are "gods of war", I've got a newsflash for you.

THE USA HAS NEVER FOUGHT A REAL WAR

You chimped out and killed each other in your civil war

You entered WW1 with ONE SINGLE YEAR left of the conflict.

You entered WW2 at a point where the winner had already been all but decided.

Then you spend the rest of history picking on countries with a GDP of one penny, oh and getting beaten by a combination of rice farmers and 12 year old Muslim boys in sandals.
>>
Hi there folks, I'd like to thank you for your time. I promise to keep it brief. For the low low cost of putting "SAGE" in both fields you too can stop shitty threads like these. It's your duty to not give these fucks what they want. Thank you and have a nice day.
>>
>>33591179
We suck at occupation is the problem. We're incredibly good at fucking shit up when we fight a stand up army. You can't deny that. We beat Iraq's regular army in nothing flat. We pulverized the NVA, and would have won if it weren't for politics.
>>
>us got beat by the Vietnamese meme

Oh boy already know you're one smart cookie

Saged
>>
>>33591179
fuck off to pol you asshat the USA is the greatest military power the world has ever known and I'm nit even a burger just a realist AND they are a nation of gun lovers.

The only thing that has ever constrained them is a sense of morality which places them light tears ahead of their rivals already
>>
I understand this is bait, but please tell us what country you hail from.
>>
>>33591231

>nukes two civilian centers
>indiscriminately drones people
>Guantanamo bay
>invades countries for dubious reasons

What a shining beacon pf morality
>>
>>33591179
>You chimped out and killed each other in your civil war for people that hate you, and actively work to destroy your country
ftfy
>>
>>33591247
And don't you forget it
>>
>>33591233
Canada
>>
>France capitulated
>Soviet Union barely being able to take back the majority if their cities
>Belgium capitulated
>Poland Capitulated
>Yugoslavia Capitulated
>Denmark Surrenders
>China getting its ass kicked
>Britain losing control of its vassal states

>oh no totally the Allies were kicking ass before America stepped in.
>>
>>33591233
>I understand this is bait, but please tell us what country you hail from.

Bets

China
Arab
Vatnik
Nork

If the USA has never fought a real war who tore imperial Japan a new asshole and rolled the third army accroos france, destroted the Chinese PLA for a generation in Norkland, Shat all over sadam, swept into Panama etc etc

Fucking anti-SA shills fantasists fuck off
>>
>>33591258
OP is Slav not a leaf. Valliant effort though
>>
File: ff.jpg (97KB, 492x650px) Image search: [Google]
ff.jpg
97KB, 492x650px
>>33591258
The eternal leaf strikes again
>>
>>33591179
usa stronk

>inb4 some yuropor/wehraboo thinks the war was germany v all
>>
>>33591179
You are a cuck. Why don't you speak German today
>>
>>33591247
>>33591247
>>nukes two civilian centers >indiscriminately drones people >Guantanamo bay>invades countries for dubious reasons What a shining beacon pf morality

Relative to the Ussr, Imperial Japan, the third Reich and China, tIran, North Korea, the Baath party in Syria or Iraq yes they are.

Not perfect but a fuckton better.
>>
>>33591179
what a lovely scent of sage
>>
Criteria you have to meet before you have fought a real war

>your mainland was invaded or came under a credible threat of invasion
>your mainland was bombed

If neither of these prerequisites are met it is not a real war.
>>
>>33591247
and what country are you from exactly, hmm OP?
>>
>>33591335
>Criteria you have to meet before you have fought a real war>your mainland was invaded or came under a credible threat of invasion >your mainland was bombedIf neither of these prerequisites are met it is not a real war.

So you mean you have to badly loose a war to be in one?

Fuck of to pol with the other vatnik asshats and dig a mass grave
>>
>>33591308

>comparing a Western democracy to dictatorships and failed states

How about you compare it to another western democracy? Oh and before you start, things America did in 1945 are not comparible to things a European nation did in 1145.
>>
>>33591350
He's scared to say. He had to abandon his own thread. This thread is now one of the many battle spaces occupied by Americans now.
>>
File: AmericaComplaints.jpg (34KB, 869x563px) Image search: [Google]
AmericaComplaints.jpg
34KB, 869x563px
>>33591179
and?
America is running the world, and for all your glorious "real" wars you've been in, every other country on the planet is playing the role of bitch.
>>
>>33591273
>If the USA has never fought a real war who tore imperial Japan a new asshole
To be fair famalam, the Japs were getting their shit kicked in by the Soviets and the Chinese on the ground once they started fighting back, though it would have ultimately ended in a stalemate. Once they pushed them off the mainland neither the slavs nor the chinks could have fought them on the sea.
>>
>>33591335
So the revolutionary war
>>
File: Screenshot_20170409-192835.png (201KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170409-192835.png
201KB, 720x1280px
Sage
>>
>>33591233
It's threads like these I wish gook moot would implement flag icons on all posters.
>>
>>33591382
>their shit kicked in by the Soviets
soviets showed up in manchuria in '45 when the war was nearly done asshat, also lossinglike 27 million + people isnt exactly kicking ass, are you even trying?
>>
>>33591366
>>comparing a Western democracy to dictatorships and failed states How about you compare it to another western democracy? Oh and before you start, things America did in 1945 are not comparible to things a European nation did in 1145.

I'm not

I'm comparing it to other historical superpowers

The USA is where it is for TWO reasons

1)Economic and military might
2)They are not totalitarian genocidal, fundamentalist maniacs and the world generally prefers that

Why do you think all of eastern Europe was begging to join NATO?

Love of Russia?

How many people did mao butcher?

Why does Iran hang faggots from cranes in public?

Do we need to discuss NK?

How about defeating communism?

The USA is far from perfect but it has more morals than its rivals.

The very free expression we enjoy here is a consequence of the cultural impact of the US constitutions protection of freedom of speech and the fact the burgers were instrumental in creating the internet.

If it comes down to a choice I'd stand with the burgers anyday faults and all, at least their presidents are not for life
>>
>>33591258
A
>>
>>33591478
FUCKING
>>
>>33591372
>America is running the world, and for all your glorious "real" wars you've been in, every other country on the planet is playing the role of bitch.

Ajem. Look much as I love you lads Ireland is not your bitch. Turn evil and we will wreck you like we wrecked the British empire. Though it may take us a while. Thing is you are the best thing going but far from perfect.
>>
>>33591496
>like we wrecked the British empire.
Ulster, that is all
>>
>>33591179
Sounds awfully butthurt about how awesome the US is.
>>
>>33591508
>>like we wrecked the British empire.Ulster, that is all

I don't want ulster. It's full of retards and terrorists. That's what British administration creates.
>>
File: ff.jpg (393KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
ff.jpg
393KB, 768x960px
>>33591496
t. McCallister McMulligan
>>
>>33591460
>The very free expression we enjoy here is a consequence of the cultural impact of the US constitutions protection of freedom of speech and the fact the burgers were instrumental in creating the internet.If it comes down to a choice I'd stand with the burgers anyday faults and all, at least their presidents are not for life

Answer me you commie vatnik fuck OP
>>
>>33591273
>destroted the Chinese PLA for a generation in Norkland,

LOL wut? The lightly-equipped PLA shoved your shit in and you ran like rabbits.
>>
>>33591425
>soviets showed up in manchuria in '45 when the war was nearly done asshat
Doesn't change the fact that the nips didn't know how to competently fight a ground war. They were unmatched on the sea and one of the best at fighting in the air until they poked at the US. My point is that China and the Soviet Union would have eventually pushed the Japs off the mainland without direct intervention by the US, but could not have ended the war completely without that direct intervention.

>lossinglike 27 million + people isnt exactly kicking ass
Most Soviet losses were on the European front. Their losses in Manchuria were much lower even accounting for their late entry into the front.
>>
>>33591531
You do realise that that breakfast cereal has never been sold in Ireland?

Also

Fuck the UN and Belgians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd7RAauvDzw
>>
>>33591486
LEAF
>>
>>33591335
Pearl Harbor
>>
>>33591179
you need to be gassed lmao
>>
>>33591557
>The lightly-equipped PLA shoved your shit in and you ran like rabbits.
The same PLA that had a well over 3-1 advantage at Chosin and still suffered over 60% casualties without even causing catastrophic casualties to the US forces they had encircled?
>>
>>33591557
>>destroted the Chinese PLA for a generation in Norkland,LOL wut? The lightly-equipped PLA shoved your shit in and you ran like rabbits.

The PLA facing a small and relatively limited number of western troops which it outnumbered 10/1 got so badly mauled that it took a generation to recover suffering nearly a million killed and wounded

Beijing remains reluctant to declassify documents that might finally shed light on the decision to rush to North Korea's aid in 1950, resulting in the deaths of between 149,000 and 400,000 Chinese soldiers.

It literally took them a generation to recover
>>
Every country on Earth belongs to the United States of America. You just haven't accepted it yet, and until you do we are constantly at war with you.
>>
>>33591586
It was a small limited strike
>>
>>33591643
>Every country on Earth belongs to the United States of America.

LOLNO

That's not it and if the USA ever thinks that war it is fucked. The USA is where it is by being better than the rest. Not acting like them
>>
>>33591258

KAAANNAAADDDAAAAAAAA
>>
>>33591663
No it was a pretty massive strike you subhuman. But in typical American fashion we decided to slaughter japs for a few years, then microwave anime into existence.
>>
>>33591673
America could defend its homeland indefinitely. It is impenetrable
>>
>>33591562
thats not how that works, you dont get to show up late, fight a weakened enemy, take lower losses than fighting full strenghth germans, and pretend it paints the incompetent USSR in a positive light retard troll
>>
>>33591258
>Canada

Well done. I'm even more convinced that Canada actually is a festering leftish shithole packed with historically illiterate freedom hating immigrants and numale faggots now

Part of me thought it was just a meme.

But the leaf really is mostly cunts it seems
>>
>>33591710
That wasn't OP. Leafs are the best non Americans.
>>
>>33591719
No that would be the Dutch
>>
>>33591693
>America could defend its homeland indefinitely. It is impenetrable

True

But here's the rub

If there is one thing history teaches it is that hard empire destroys the originating nation.

As long as the USA can avoid that and keep it's constitution alive it will thrive. I consider any Irishman who hates the USA a traitor.
>>
>>33591460
>They are not totalitarian genocidal, fundamentalist maniacs and the world generally prefers that
>What is Manifest Destiny
>What is the Banana Wars
>What is the Filipino-American War
>What is the Americanization of Native Americans and of the colonial territories
>What is the Gag Law
>What is the Ponce Massacre
>What is the Utuado Massacre
>What is Wounded Knee
>What are the Coal Wars
>What are Las Carpetas
>What is the Foraker Act
I'm not saying the USA is a complete villain, but there were times when your government decided to behave like tyrannical and genocidal maniacs on their people and on the colonial states that were given from Spain. As much as I apreciate the NG's actions against the PR communists and Nationalist Party, your nation also did alot of unacceptable actions against the people of Puerto Rico and on other territories.
>>
>>33591719
>That wasn't OP. Leafs are the best non Americans.

OK leafs being faggots reset to a meme
>>
>>33591725
>No that would be the Dutch

They are awful cowards though. Everyone things its the frogs but the dutch have cowardice down to an artform
>>
>>33591730

Not perfect but better than the rest
>>
Everyone knows that south korea is the best military.
>>
>>33591751
Judging the Dutch on bravery is like judging a potato on its sweetness. The Dutch are comfy and historically interesting,and seem to be the only European country that likes us these days. Also the VOC were pretty impressive. Hardly cowards.
>>
>>33591767
>>33591751
>>33591739

Can someone make an American approved country chart?
>>
File: Gondola.png (16KB, 746x982px) Image search: [Google]
Gondola.png
16KB, 746x982px
>>33591802
Go ask /int/,they have one somewhere.
>>
>>33591767
>VOC

Brilliant at slaughtering natives with pointy fruit as weapons and stealing their beads. The dutch have run from any fight with equally armed opposition since the 18th century.

As regards the dutch liking the USA it is a very left wing country and sorry to burst your bubble but no European lefties like the USA.

What is dutch courage?
>>
>>33591809
I prefer not to travel this website to much
>>
>non americans talking about the US
Because anybody fucking cares what you think?
This has nothing to do with weapons, report this thread.
>>
>>33591206
FPBP
>>
>>33591767
>VOC were pretty impressive
They were excessively brutal, more than what good business requires. Read up on their frequent massacres in Indonesia. The Dutch also kept doing it AFTER WWII, even when they were crushed by famine by the Germans. Seems being the occupied didn't change them one bit. I don't know how people nowadays view the Dutch in a positive light. They relinquished Indonesia only after the US threatened sanctions. Thank you America!
>>
>>33591829
>This has nothing to do with weapons, report this thread.

Basically this yes ....fuck off to pol OP there's a good vatnik
>>
>>33591335
Both of those things have happened to America.
>>
File: IMG_0037.png (402KB, 807x547px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0037.png
402KB, 807x547px
>>33591679
>then microwave anime into existence.

Ok...I fucking lol'd
>>
File: 1488173561179.jpg (36KB, 346x406px) Image search: [Google]
1488173561179.jpg
36KB, 346x406px
Equating never having been occupied or bombed with a moral failing has to be the strangest idea I've encountered this year.

Well done, OP. Shine on, you crazy diamond.
>>
File: m1a with foregrip and scope.jpg (85KB, 600x911px) Image search: [Google]
m1a with foregrip and scope.jpg
85KB, 600x911px
>>33591273

Doing God's work anon. They hate us cuz they ain't us.
>>
We beat the British in the Revolutionary War, no small feat at the time.
>>
File: 1491785718146.jpg (61KB, 531x640px) Image search: [Google]
1491785718146.jpg
61KB, 531x640px
>>33591179
>>
I love a good fresh supply of foreign tears. Kiss this fat american cock bitch boy
>>
File: 1446231188307.jpg (129KB, 727x639px) Image search: [Google]
1446231188307.jpg
129KB, 727x639px
>>33591496
>>
>>33591179
The military is but an arm of politics for the exact application of violence. Our hegemony's policies shape and control the modern world as we know it. Therefore we are masters of our domain.
>>
>>33591266
Seriously. The USSR had started to turn the tide and go on the offensive the summer before D-Day with Kursk, but the fact that the Germans then had to fight an actual two front war (three if you include north Africa and Italy) made their job much easier than it would have been otherwise. As for the Pacific, there was token help from the British and support from the Aussies and Kiwis but the US did practically all the heavy lifting.
>>
>>33591179

Faggot
>>
>>33591179
Another fine post from our European friends on /k/ :^)

I'm sorry you guys can't own guns and have to vent your frustrations on the weapons board like this
>>
>>33591576
Good for the Irish. That cereal is horribly tasteless and the colorful cardboard pieces inside that they claim are marshmallows are worse than chewing tinfoil.
>>
>>33592123
>inb4 some faggot claims it was a French and Spanish victory
>>
LEND
E
A
S
E
>>
>>33591179
War in the Pacific
would have been lost w/out the US
War in Europe would have been lost w/out the US
from the way you talk - you've never been in the military - so coward detected.
>>
>>33591179
SAGE

When russians decide to fight a real war without help let me know.
>>
>>33591179
sage
>>
>>33592325
>Lend lease accounted for more than 50 percent of soviet equipment ever used.
>russians actually prefer US tanks because all theirs broke down or were destroyed quicker than foreign built ones.
>>
>>33592329
>from the way you talk - you've never been in the military - so coward detected.

I left school and got a real job, didn't feel the need to get my head shaved and be shouted at by some cuck that earns 25k a year.
>>
>>33591693
I'm an american, and if you took out our powerplants/water towers, we'd be fucked.
>>
>>33591179
Who keeps bumping this? Fucking sage it already
>>
>>33592333
This desu
>>
>>33591220

That meme has got to be the worst one I've ever heard in my life.

Adults actually repeat this shit in college. Goes to show the intelligence of liberals and Europeans.
>>
>>33591179
>MUH REAL WARZ
Yeah, we're not stupid enough to throw a rager in our own fucking house.
>>
>>33591297

I've been here defending the USA in this whole thread but lol if you think of the USA and Germany had gotten at it 1 vs 1 at that time that the USA would have won lol

Germany was militarily superior in almost every way. They were pretty much fighting the world by themselves
>>
>>33592414

And how would they do that lol.
>>
>>33591179
>Revolution
Decisive American victory
>1812
Stalemate
>Civil War
Decisive Union victory with severe infrastructural damage to Confederacy
>Spanish American War
American Victory
>World War I
Entente Victory with US as major materiel supplier on top of successful military intervention
>WWII Pacific Theatre
Decisive American Victory
>WWII European Theatre
Decisive Allied Victory with U.S. acting as primary materiel supplier and coordinator and force contributor of nearly all successful battles of the Invasion
>Korean War
Stalemate with North Korean military presence restricted to the original border
>Vietnam War
Military victory at high cost, indecisive results. War abandoned due to domestic political inclinations.
>Gulf War
Military victory with indecisive results.
>War on Terror
Military victory with indecisive results.

Literally the only war America can be considered to have 'lost' was the Vietnam war
>>
File: 1488742110816.jpg (752KB, 3300x2550px) Image search: [Google]
1488742110816.jpg
752KB, 3300x2550px
>>33591247
we'll flatten your military and rape your shitty commie block any day, ivan
>>
Why have so many more anti US peeps come out of the woodwork? Surely its not because of Syria right?
>>
>>33592983
they come from /pol/. they honestly believe the "muh based pootin" meme
>>
>>33591179
"the winner had all but been decided"
Motherfucker we stopped the entirety of the (at the time) unknown danger that was the Japanese army with two nuclear bombs. I'd say we did a little more than "enter with the winner decided"
>>
>>33591220
>>33592493
Pretty sure Vietnam was 'unified' by the communists shortly after the US left brah.
>>
there is one word that sends slaviboos into an autistic fit, each time without fail, whisper these words and he will shit his pants and throw a tantrum, every time

"chechnya~"
>>
>>33591335
>trying this hard to move the goal posts
Pls stop making an ass of yourself
>>
File: 1489808045301.gif (1MB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1489808045301.gif
1MB, 800x533px
>>33592769
>>1812
>Stalemate
That face when the canadians and british are BTFO by a bad storm.
>>
>>33591496
Do you have enough potatoes?
>>
>>33591496
>like we wrecked the British empire
>this is what papists ACTUALLY believe
Hey mick, how many potatoes does it take to kill a million irishmen?

>>
>>33591258
I am Canadian, and you're fucked.
>>
File: 1488815458182.jpg (244KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1488815458182.jpg
244KB, 500x500px
>>33591335
>you have to have your cities be burned to the ground before you can fight in a war
slaviboo logic.
>>
I didn't do any of that, I was born in the 90s, how could I have fought in the great wars?
>>
>>33591273
We also kicked mexicos shit in just because we wanted bananas.

Never forget the banana war man.
Mexico is only a country because we let it be.
>>
File: 1461014587840.gif (2MB, 350x346px) Image search: [Google]
1461014587840.gif
2MB, 350x346px
>>33591179
we also funded ww1 and ww2 for the allies.

we also saved france and england, helped russia build its arms factories and tanks with lots of funding, and still own you btw.

never forget who daddy really is.
>>
BARBARY PIRATES
>>
>>33593333
50 percent of the soviet GDP during WW2 was foreign aid.
>>
>>33591179
>the winner was already decided when we entered the war
>the war didnt end for four more years
?????????
>>
>>33591179
Bahahaha you're a fucking retard. Our country began by a bunch of drunk libertarians beating the most powerful military the world had ever seen up to that point. Germany would have won WWII had it not been for both our men fighting and the supplies we went to the other allied countries. Without our supplies, Russia never would have made it to Berlin.
>>
>>33591496
I love the Irish, Notre Dame alum from Boston with first generation Irish immigrant parents, but this is fucking delusional, man
>>
>>33593075
bostonians hate chechens too... they bombed our fucking marathon
>>
>>33593374
dams str8
>>
>>33593362
yea try like 70% or higher.
>>
>>33593090
True but only after kicking our teeth in so hard that our navy was defunct for a hundred years and burning down the Capital
>>
>>33591247
The best part is, it was all perfectly legal under the laws of war in effect at the time of each of these events.

Just because something hurts your feelings doesn't make it bad or wrong. You need to adjust your perspective.
>>
>>33593639
It was done during war and before rules were in place for such weapons. As such, a legal if not controversial move.
>>
>>33591335
>loser logic
>>
>>33591335
War of 1812. Not our best work but we still won.
>>
>>33591562
>Russia attacked after Japan had asked for peace.

Good work vatnik. You can kick a country when it's down.
>>
>>33591179
Guarantee you this cuck is American

Anyone else think we should adopt flags like /pol/?
>>
>>33591335
soooo ww2? or can you not into history that hard? then there's the revolutionary, the war of 1812, the mexican american war, and the civil war.
>>
>>33593486
but boston didnt get completely assraped by them
>>
sage goes in all fields
>>
>>33591179
>not posting the cucked shithole that you live in
>being this fucking jealous
>>
>>33591179
>entered WWI with ONE SINGLE YEAR LEFT
yeah, there was one year left because it only takes us one year to win a war
>>
File: M1919 2.gif (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
M1919 2.gif
3MB, 480x360px
>NEVER FOUGHT A REAL WAR
>n-no, p-please disregard the pacific war

Not to diminish the experience of the men who fought on the Western Front but I would hardly call the Pacific War a walk in the park

The things that those men endured would break your candy ass, mine as well too
>>
File: IMG_3995.jpg (76KB, 639x587px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3995.jpg
76KB, 639x587px
>>33591231
Didn't they say that about Rome and Sparta. I'm not him but those two had a ton of victories but collapsed later on in life. So what does that mean for the US
>>
>>33593759
Actually about 6 days before, but close enough.
>>
>>33591179
>132 replies

This makes me sad. Don't feed the trolls.
>>
>>33591350
How the fuck is the question relevant if the discussion is about US? You are literally applying vatnik-tier whataboutism
>>
>>33591258
Enjoy being eaten by Chinese dudes on a bus you cuck
>>
>>33591695
>thats not how that works, you dont get to show up late, fight a weakened enemy, take lower losses
So, literally US in 1944?
>>
Fucking US is the cancer of the world. Literally every country would become better without them.
>>
>>33591179
The US are good at war because of what they spend on the military and because they're fairly organized. If the EU would get their shit together, have a common army, and each member would spend 2.5% of its GDP on defense, it could achieve the same - of course instead of having a common army and a constitution, the EU prefers bickering about tax rates, curvature of cucumbers, salt content in bread, and banning guns.
>>
>>33591366
>Oh and before you start, things America did in 1945 are not comparible to things a European nation did in 1145
You don't have to go back that far to find atrocities by relevant European powers. You think France had clean hands in Indochina or Algeria? Or just about any colonial power in the 1900s?
>>
>>33591179
>every war the us has entered ended immediately with a victory

You're welcome
>>
>>33591206

Fpbp
>>
File: 1489178604569.gif (2MB, 514x205px) Image search: [Google]
1489178604569.gif
2MB, 514x205px
>>33591179
Something something, 5 rubles and a beet..
>>
>>33591335
>You have to be weak shit to have fought a real war

Really makes you think.
>>
File: 1490404021240.jpg (30KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
1490404021240.jpg
30KB, 500x450px
>>33591179
That's right fellow cunt! AUSTRALIA STRONG!
>>
>>33593591
To be fair we were a very young nation with next to no navy at the start and still kicked both Canada's and the UK's ass hard enough for them to beg us to just go back to the way things were before, minus the whole childish blockade, but I know leafs don't have much to be proud of so I'll just leave that be.
>>
>>33594791
Oh how I wish we could go back to 1918 and not get involved.

To many American lives have been wasted for European freedom!
>>
>>33593048
what was left of vietnam ;)
>>
>>33595925
>To many American lives have been wasted to take freedom from Europe!
Fixed ya
>>
>>33593090
>that face when
>>
>>33593995
It means 2000 years from now children will be learning about America in primary school while all other countries from the time period will be forgotten outside of the history departments of academia.
>>
>>33591206
Ok what do you mean by fields? Everytime I try this shit it gives me some bs error msg at the bottom of the "reply to thread box.

is it like following
Name box: sage
Options box: sage
Text box: sage
wtf is it?
>>
>>33593270
>trying to deflect attention to the ruskis to hide the fact that the US haven not been in a real war yet.
Sad
>>
File: WHAT.png (410KB, 849x438px) Image search: [Google]
WHAT.png
410KB, 849x438px
>>33591179
>You entered WW2 at a point where the winner had already been all but decided.

W H A T ?
>>
File: 1475963024361.jpg (203KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1475963024361.jpg
203KB, 1200x1200px
>>33596062
sage goes in all fields
>>
>>33591179
>THE USA HAS NEVER FOUGHT A REAL WAR
You're wrong. They did. Canadians burned the White House back then.
>>
File: A_LEAF.jpg (12KB, 200x252px) Image search: [Google]
A_LEAF.jpg
12KB, 200x252px
>>33591258
>>
>>33591179

>You entered WW2 at a point where the winner had already been all but decided.

The winner certainly had not been decided in 1941
>>
>>33596718
It was after battle of Moscow.
>>
>>33591179
But I am a God of war. Three dead hadjis and I shitpost on /k/. God status bro.
>>
>>33596428
error upload failed msg
>>
>>33591206

sage post best post
>>
File: 1361256947869.jpg (41KB, 283x323px) Image search: [Google]
1361256947869.jpg
41KB, 283x323px
>>33593939
I think it's more like "US has never fought a war with equal or stronger enemy", (aside from initial War of Independence maybe) unlike absolute majority of european/asian nations. Typical US war is "hey, lets amass whole NATO and wreck this poor third world shithole". Even Japan had no real chances to win, they could only hope to delay their defeat long enough to finish that war with Vietnam scenario, where US will back off due to internal uproar.
That's why people are keep repeating "never fought real war" meme.
>>
>>33593995
>Didn't they say that about Rome and Sparta.
no, actually
>>
>>33591179
>You entered WW1 with ONE SINGLE YEAR left of the conflict.
It's not like there was a countdown. The war ended within a year *because* of their entrance.
>>
>>33592769
>>Korean War
>Stalemate with North Korean military presence restricted to the original border
It was actually a UN victory, as the objective was to preserve South Korean independence.
>>
>>33593591
>that our navy was defunct for a hundred years
Are you historically illiterate?
>>
>>33591179
SAGE
>>
>>33591420
I wish hiroshimoot would add ids to all boards so we'd have less samefagging.
>>
File: Hell on Earth.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Hell on Earth.webm
3MB, 640x360px
Can someone explain to me why the US bombed Dresden to hell and back even though it was full of civilians?
Also why did they firebomb Tokyo? I can kind of understand Little Boy and Fat Man but once again, why drop them on civilian cities that you weren't even close to?

I'm not trying to bait or be a smart ass either. Just genuinely curious at this point because I remembered a woman in my uni class sperged out over the whole topic when we were all discussing WW2.
It just got me thinking a bit about it.
>>
>>33591179
>>
>>33597345
In total war, civilians are a strategic target.
>>
>>33591266
Battle of Kursk
>>
>>33597345
Civilian bombings were thought to demoralize the populace, and were much easier to pull off than specific, targeted industrial strikes.

Cities are big targets, and thus can easily be bombed from high altitude at night, allowing for very low risk on the part of the bombers.

If you want to hit something like a factory you're going to have to fly lower and do it in the day and have a painted sign under your tail reading "AA GOES HERE"
>>
>>33597345
"One of the aims of war is to demoralize the enemy, so that peace or surrender becomes preferable to continuing the conflict. Strategic bombing has been used to this end. The phrase "terror bombing" entered the English lexicon towards the end of World War II and many strategic bombing campaigns and individual raids have been described as terror bombing by commentators and historians. Because the term has pejorative connotations, some, including the Allies of World War II, have preferred to use euphemisms such as "will to resist" and "morale bombings"."
>>
>>33591247
>nukes two civilian centers
which were valid military targets
both had major war industries and Hiroshima had a significant garrison
>>
>>33591366
Here, second Boer war. Wow so hard.
>>
>>33591179
WW1 and WW2 only ended so quickly because America stepped in.
>>
>>33591751
Hey man they took out THE world power at the time when they went for independence, not bad imo
>>
File: interdasting.jpg (9KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
interdasting.jpg
9KB, 224x225px
>It's an "anon pretends that the European allies were kicking German ass before Normandy except all of their shitty countries save for Russia was on the defensive or had already surrendered and the Russians were barely scraping by on numbers alone and managing to average 800,000 KIA/WIA per battle" episode
>>
>>33591247
Euro american hater here.

>Nukes two civillian centers
Because everybody was exhausted by the war effort at this point and they knew that the Japanese wouldn't give up without spilling even more blood. Also, Soviets were looking around to get their grabby mitts into more of Asia.

>indiscriminately drones people
We've done worse. Google how battle gas works or what the arabs do with their captives.

>Guantanamo bay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtrzcBMbVXs
Debunked long ago, at this point it's literally a hippie thing to tell that guantamo is something bad.

>invades countries for dubious reasons
Yeah, that's actually a real thing. get your shit together, amerifatts.
>>
>>33598119
>that's actually a real thing.
>>
b8
>>
>2 rubles have been deposited into your account
>>
The only people who don't want flags on /k/ are europoors.
>>
>>33592320
It was a French and Spanish victory
>>
>>33598288
SAfag here, i dont.
>>
File: douhet.jpg (50KB, 471x600px) Image search: [Google]
douhet.jpg
50KB, 471x600px
>>33597345

it worked
>>
File: can-39337-728x557.jpg (111KB, 728x557px) Image search: [Google]
can-39337-728x557.jpg
111KB, 728x557px
>>33593333
>we also funded ww1 and ww2 for the allies.
Except for Canada . Canada didn't use Lend-Lease .

Quote ...".The Canadian government did not request Lend-Lease aid during WWII. Unlike the UK, Canada was not broke in WWII and Canadian industry was in many cases able to oversupply the armed forces - the great majority of Canadian war materiel in WWII was exported, mostly to the UK under the auspices of Canada's own version of the Lend-Lease program, Mutual Aid."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Lend-Lease_Sherman_tanks#Lend_Lease_to_Canada.3F
>>
>>33597345
Somebody post the "because fuck 'em" screencap
>>
>>33592363
>Implying the military isn't the only "real" job out there
>>
>>33592056

I love this picture.

That haircut, the flightsuit jumper and flight gloves. Black chestcarrier rig and dropleg holster. No helmet but wearing ear-pro/radio. He's standing on deck tending to his M-14 with a custom wooden forgrip attached, looks like an optic too.

I will literally never be this cool.
>>
File: image148.png (146KB, 590x393px) Image search: [Google]
image148.png
146KB, 590x393px
>>33593591
>our navy was defunct for a hundred years
This never happened
>>
>>33591496
The Americans would turn you into mashed potatoes you delusional fenian wanker.
>>
>>33594738
Something tells me fighting Jap tanks and Zeroes in 1945 Manchuria is different than fighting through Africa, Sicily, Italy, France, and Germany, against Panthers, Panzers, BF109s, Me262s, Tigers, Sturmgwehrs, AAA, and TDs. Just saying.
>>
>>33594738
>>33600259
Don't forget the largest amphibious invasion in history.
>>
>>33591208
> We fucking RULE against a stand up army.
> Has NEVER fought a stand up army
> Patton struggled in Africa, against Germans that had no fuel... no repairs, no reinforcements, and already battle worn...
>>
>>33591179
fucking fag ass thread
>>
File: good shit.png (139KB, 1914x906px) Image search: [Google]
good shit.png
139KB, 1914x906px
>>33591179
>>
File: IMG_1883.jpg (84KB, 700x459px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1883.jpg
84KB, 700x459px
Down from the sky
>>
File: IMG_1885.jpg (236KB, 1563x1244px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1885.jpg
236KB, 1563x1244px
>>33602556
Into the fight
Thread posts: 205
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.